What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any thoughts on Brandon Jacobs? (1 Viewer)

RedmondLonghorn

Footballguy
I liked that he got some carries and his ypc avg was great, though only a little higher than Barber's.

How was he used?

Does it look like he might be used regularly to supplement Tiki?

Should I view him strictly as a lottery ticket, or could he vulture enough goal line carries and get worked into the rotation enough between the 20s to be reliable contributor?

I realize that this is a fair amount of idle speculation, but that's what we do here, right?

Input from any NYG homers would be great.

I liked that he got some carries and his ypc avg was great, though only a little higher than Barber's.How was he used?Does it look like he might be used regularly to supplement Tiki?Should I view him strictly as a lottery ticket, or could he vulture enough goal line carries and get worked into the rotation enough between the 20s to be reliable contributor?I realize that this is a fair amount of idle speculation, but that's what we do here, right?Input from any NYG homers would be great.
I watched the whole game . . . he is MUCH improved from last year . . . he shows deceptive speed for a guy his size, and he was definitely running over people, and this is coming from a Colts fan . . . I say hold onto him . . .

I watched the entire game as well. He was used to spell Tiki and will most likely be getting all of the goal line carries. This guy runs hard, is bigger than most linebackers and many defensive lineman and does not go down easy. His footwork and his size remind me of the Bus. This kid is going to be good, and looks very pumped up this season. Hang onto him!

I think it's safe to say that he will see about 7-10 carries a game, which includes goalline and short-yardage work. The Giants and Tiki are on record saying that it will help the Giants if they can spell him from time to time, and Jacobs' performance yesterday should assure that this happens.

I thought Jacobs looked very good yesterday. He really had 8 carries for 69 yards, but on his "official" long run of 11 yards, he actually gained 25, but the Giants were assessed a 15-yd. personal foul on a Plaxico Burress illegal block. If you consider he had 3 rushes from the 10 to score his TD, he averaged 12 yards per carry in his carries between the 20s. This bodes well for his immediate future as the primary change of pace back, even when Derrick Ward returns.

All in all, as an emergency/bye-week fill-in, you are looking at about 35-50 yards and a 50% chance of a TD. And if Tiki every got hurt, I think he'd be a monster.

All in all, as an emergency/bye-week fill-in, you are looking at about 35-50 yards and a 50% chance of a TD. And if Tiki every got hurt, I think he'd be a monster.
That is pretty much all you can ask for from your RB4, I think. Though with the way Droughns was used the other day, Jacobs may become my RB3 by default.

I don't think he's going to get quite as much work normally as he did in this game. Tiki got tired from running all over the Colts D.

I was wrong about this kid. He is a new man compared to last year, when he looked like the typical big back who fails in this league. He could definitely take over a Rudi/JLew role when Tiki rides off into the sunset.

Who knew that Jacobs, not Shelton, was the big RB to target from the 2005 rookie RB class? Certainly not me.

duaneok66 said:
RedmondLonghorn said:
I liked that he got some carries and his ypc avg was great, though only a little higher than Barber's.How was he used?Does it look like he might be used regularly to supplement Tiki?Should I view him strictly as a lottery ticket, or could he vulture enough goal line carries and get worked into the rotation enough between the 20s to be reliable contributor?I realize that this is a fair amount of idle speculation, but that's what we do here, right?Input from any NYG homers would be great.
I watched the whole game . . . he is MUCH improved from last year . . . he shows deceptive speed for a guy his size, and he was definitely running over people, and this is coming from a Colts fan . . . I say hold onto him . . .
:goodposting:

The man wants to play football badly - i saw him just standing near the coaches foaming at the mouth ready to go run over/around anything.

Tiki was amazing - but can he take that much pounding all year - wow.

I'd like to have BJ on the steelers thats for sure....

Users who are viewing this thread