What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kornheiser and Fantasy Football (1 Viewer)

TheGooRoo

Footballguy
Is it me or must this jagoff have at least 12 fantasy football teams. Every single broadcast he spouts off about how he has so-and-so on his team....every single broadcast! Is he just trying to be a cool fantasy football guy like us :thumbup: ? Can anybody recall all of the players that he says he has on his team(s)? The guy is a complete tool.

He rambles too much and it takes away from the game. They went on and on about McNabb being a team leader. I like McNabb, he's one of my favorite QBs. He went to Syracuse which is about 20 minutes from where I live. But just shut up and talk about the game already. I thought it was funny how they forgot about McNair....

I can't stand Kornholer.

Radio or TV.

That analyst spot has been hellish - Dierdork, Dennis Miller, now KornTooler

He rambles too much and it takes away from the game. They went on and on about McNabb being a team leader. I like McNabb, he's one of my favorite QBs. He went to Syracuse which is about 20 minutes from where I live. But just shut up and talk about the game already. I thought it was funny how they forgot about McNair....
Whats your opinion of a person rambling too much and taking away from a post?

I'm starting to think this is a Kornheiser joke. Every game, he has claimed to have one or two of the people on the field on his fantasy team. He's running out of roster spots, so I'm thinking it's his idea of a funny joke.

At the beginning of the season he said he wanted to try to draft at least one player on his fantasy team that will be playing each Monday night game (so he had a reason to watch the game and not fall asleep).

Whats your opinion of a person rambling too much and taking away from a post?
hilarious!

Kornheiser should NOT be saying, with 3+ left in the THIRD!!! and a 15 point game (ie - two scores), that it "feels like it is over"

He is the absolute WORST announcer there has ever been announcing football b/c he makes one of those statements a game.

Kornhole - yer opinion sucks.

Kornheiser should NOT be saying, with 3+ left in the THIRD!!! and a 15 point game (ie - two scores), that it "feels like it is over"He is the absolute WORST announcer there has ever been announcing football b/c he makes one of those statements a game.Kornhole - yer opinion sucks.
:rolleyes:

Kornheiser should NOT be saying, with 3+ left in the THIRD!!! and a 15 point game (ie - two scores), that it "feels like it is over"He is the absolute WORST announcer there has ever been announcing football b/c he makes one of those statements a game.Kornhole - yer opinion sucks.
He was right.

I actually appriciate that. Instead of trying to sugar coat it and say what the network would want him to say(to keep people watching) he tells it like it is. Honest if refreshing.

He was right.
right or wrong does NOT matter when you are an announcer for ESPN whose job it is to try and make the game as interesting as possible.As I mentioned in the MNF thread - WE can roll our eyes at him saying the Pack have a chance, but HE can't count the Pack out when there is 3+ in the third and two scores to tie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kornheiser should NOT be saying, with 3+ left in the THIRD!!! and a 15 point game (ie - two scores), that it "feels like it is over"

He is the absolute WORST announcer there has ever been announcing football b/c he makes one of those statements a game.

Kornhole - yer opinion sucks.
Somebody needs to tell Kornheiser something about football on TV! Guess what?Come on now. He's not the worst ever. In fact, I started liking him a small amount just because he made Theismann more tolerable and less obnoxious. Theismann, McGuire, and that other play by play tool were HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

BTW, did you guys see this weekend in the college game McGuire did they moved him out of the booth and stuck him in the last nosebleed seat in the endzone with a TV monitor. That was so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey McGuire, you suck! Go sit somewhere else!!!!!

Actually he does have one fantasy team and it and its recent game results are posted in the Washington Post every Wednesday or Thursday. His roster and his opponent's roster are posted for all to see. He was 3-0 before this week's games.

I find him pretty funny. :ph34r:

Actually he does have one fantasy team and it and its recent game results are posted in the Washington Post every Wednesday or Thursday. His roster and his opponent's roster are posted for all to see. He was 3-0 before this week's games. I find him pretty funny. :ph34r:
Tony? Is that you?

Kornheiser's being no different from a regular joe on this board, who jumps in every time for so and so how he has this and that player on his football team. His point: What use is fantasy football if you have 20 teams with half the league player on your rosters.

I think the host for Around the Horn, the young guy, or Michael Smith, African American guy on that show would have been better picks. Tony what's his name has a winning, funny personality and Smith knows football and is well spoken.

Others they should have considered, the BUS!!!! :drive: :drive: :towelwave: :towelwave: :11: :11:

I can make a list but I think I'll pass..... what good will it do? We can't even get Michael Irvin off of ESPN.

pinequick said:
Marc Levin said:
Capella said:
it's shtick people.
It's shtity shtick.
Please do not attempt to defeat the language filter. People around here have been IP banned for less, fella. :football:
I believe the word you are struggling for is "circumvent."
helps if you're on staff
Staff members and their fancy book larnin'!!!Kornheiser is much better on PTI than on MNF. I tire of the Joe/Tony back-and-forth already, and it's Week 4.

TheGooRoo said:
Is he just trying to be a cool fantasy football guy like us :thumbup: ?
Yea next thing you know he will have a sig with all of his combined FF team rosters, records, and show exactly who he traded for and picked up off waivers. Definately not as cool as everyone here :nerd:

Ministry of Pain said:
bullitt said:
Marc Levin said:
I can't stand Kornholer.

Radio or TV.

That analyst spot has been hellish - Dierdork, Dennis Miller, now KornTooler
Dierdork was the worst.
And I so disagree. I thought Dierdorf was pretty good with Al and Frank Gifford...that was a very clasy 3 man booth IMO.
:goodposting: Hello? What about OJ Simpson? Am I dating myself and revealing my age here but OJ was the absolute worst. This was pre-double murder days too. I can still hear my dad screaming at the TV "shut up OJ!" because the only thing he had to contribute was to defend/apologize for whatever the runningback did wrong. to OJ, there were no other position on the field.

Marc Levin said:
That's exactly why I like him. He says the things typical announcers don't say. And, the other two try to be PC, while throwing verbal jabs once in a while.I like the crew. :thumbup:

I don't think Kornheiser is bad at all on Monday Night Football. It's his interaction with Theismann that is awkward and sucky.

Kornheiser had the Post's fantasy guru draft him a team making sure there was a player each week in the MNF game.
Comparing his record to mine might be reason enough for me to implement this strategy next year. Of course not be sucker into the Bush hype machine might help too.

I think Tony is pretty cut and dried.

Good on PTI.

Good on radio.

Brutal on MNF.

I don't read his paper, but a lot of the Tony-backers claim it's a good column. Fair enough. He always a has a pleasant monologue at the beginning of MNF, that reminds me of The Sports Reporters' final thoughts.

But once the game starts, it has been my observation that he's not adding a whole lot. I'd really like for someone to give me a quote from any of the games where Tony provided insight of any kind. Please bear in mind, I was greatly looking forward to Kornheiser's addition, and have been looking for silver linings. I think he's been absolutely terrible.

Theismann is an easy target, and Kornheiser's best moments are when he's knocking Joe T. Well, that's funny, but when your best moments are getting in digs at your partner, what does that say about your analyst skills??

And Kornheiser sometimes reaches when going after Joe. I remember a specific instance in the Saint-Falcon game, early on, and the players were slipping on the new turf. Joe mentioned that the players had to keep their legs under their bodies. Any athlete who has played on snow, or slick conditions knew what he meant. And really, it was a good point. Kornheiser couldn't wait to jump in with some comment like, "where else would their legs be?"

Not clever, not funny, pretty obvious actually. Take a potshot at Joe, but why not save it for the myriad times he actually has it coming, rather than trampling over a decent point, that not everyone may have understood?

Tirico and Thesimann are doing him no favors, neither of them are dishing out assists, setting him up for a comment. That's not happening at all. Tirico in particular, is not steering the broadcast in any way. One thing I liked about Al Michaels is that while he injects a bit too much of his own opinion, for a play-by-plaqy guy, he can call the game, in such a way that it sets up the color men to make their comments. Tirico seems content to call the action, and let Joe ramble.

phrozen said:
Pittsburgh United said:
I'm starting to think this is a Kornheiser joke. Every game, he has claimed to have one or two of the people on the field on his fantasy team. He's running out of roster spots, so I'm thinking it's his idea of a funny joke.
your quick :thumbup:
My quick? What does that mean? My quick what?

The analyst job is never, ever going to be aimed at the hardcore fans. They are aiming for the fringe fans. So you will get styles that cater to fringe fans. Dierdorf explained the obvious. Miller was a comedian. Kornheiser is attitude and fantasy football. If they didn't aim for the fringe fans, the person in charge of hiring for that job should probably be fired.

Users who are viewing this thread