Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Moving to Prague

Chaka

Finland is where I finally learned that the concept of dating is the single worst cultural contribution that America has unleashed upon the world.

:goodposting:
Chaka, could you expound more on this?

Also, if you want to trade a good looking (albeit somewhat #####y at times) wife and a nice house in exchange for a plane ticket to prague and a job, PM me. :bag:

I sincerely worry this response will get me either flamed, banned or both but since you asked...

Before I answer let me state that I will be making some very broad and sweeping statements that clearly do not apply to all women, in particular I doubt they apply to women who are cool enough to hang out regularly on a message board that originally was dedicated to all things football (I am looking at you Mrs. BSR, Macartist, e-mom etc.). Additionally all of the things I am about to say apply equally to the men in this country, except the part about paying for dinner.

It is quite simple IMO I think that America is about as uptight a country as you will find in this world, short of the hardcore muslim states or military juntas.

[RANT]

Here we go...

American women are the first ones to demand equality in all things except when it comes to paying the bill for dinner. How about offering to go dutch once in awhile? We probably will still insist on paying but at least OFFER for goodness sake!!!. Especially in a time when many women earn as much if not more than their s.o.

American women are also far more likely to be influenced by quality of possessions or at least the perception of quality. What kind of car does he drive? is a great example. e.g. I drive a Pontiac Vibe, I can afford a Mercedes but I chose an economical car that gets great gas mileage, has very low emissions and a 5 star safety rating because these things are important to me, besides it's just a freaking car. But try explaining this to a date in Los Angeles and all she sees is "cheap car". Yeesh!

And what about all the potential rules and hoops that American women seem to expect the men to jump through? All these potential deal breakers. I dated a girl once who broke it off after ONE TIME I *gasp* failed to walk next to her on the traffic side of the sidewalk! True story. Apparently this was in her rule book as a deal breaker. Give me a break.

As I said above these things apply to American men too, this point in particular: With our advertising culture our expectations are ridiculously high and as a result American women have far less tolerance for flaws in their mate. I am not saying Naomi Campbell should date Tom Arnold but I know a girl who broke up with her boyfriend because he had ugly feet! No kidding. (for those who think I may be hideously ugly and hoping for women with lower expectations I will be happy to send a pic so you can judge for yourself. Who knows, maybe I am Quasimoto's shorter, dumber, uglier cousin and simply don't realize it. PM me).

And then there is sex. Wow are American women uptight about sex or what? I am not saying that women in other countries are more sexually promiscuous than American women rather they are not afraid to admit that they actually *gasp* enjoy sex too (RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!). It seems that American women use sex as a tool to gain control of their relationships and forget the fact that it is pleasurable for them too...or at least it should be.

Not to get off topic but in particular I think the sexual tension levels in this country are reaching critical mass and are going to explode soon. And I also think the solution IMO is quite simple, we need more boobs on television. For real. What's the big deal? We show so much violence and hate on television what would be so wrong to show something that 1) people will watch and 2) will actually cause feelings of pleasure and happiness rather than create angst from which the only positive feeling one gets is a sense of "Thank G-D that didn't happen to me." Though it creates the dual effect of making people believe that these horrible things like you see on Law&Order: SVU not only can happen but are, in fact, likely to happen. These things are far less of an issue in other countries and frankly I am fed up!

THESE PRETZLES ARE MAKING ME THIRSTY!!!!

[/RANT]

[/ slowclap]

[/ building . . .]

[/ standing O]

:lmao:

Hell, I'll rise. :unsure::clap::unsure::hifive:

I think you overstate the point my friend.

It's not all roses and boobies here in continental europe. While attitudes towards sexual things are a bit more relaxed, I saw an ad that contained a breast (for a breast augmentation place) at around 8:00 tonight.

However, even though gay marriage is legal here, there are a number of people that get offended when a gay kiss is shown on TV.

In general, people are people, there's good and bad on every contineent. Cultures are different though, find one you like and stick with it. I'm obviously still feeling out this one.

Well, it's nearly 10:00 PM and some homemade paella calls!

I think you overstate the point my friend.It's not all roses and boobies here in continental europe. While attitudes towards sexual things are a bit more relaxed, I saw an ad that contained a breast (for a breast augmentation place) at around 8:00 tonight.However, even though gay marriage is legal here, there are a number of people that get offended when a gay kiss is shown on TV.In general, people are people, there's good and bad on every contineent. Cultures are different though, find one you like and stick with it. I'm obviously still feeling out this one.Well, it's nearly 10:00 PM and some homemade paella calls!

Mmmmmmm....paella.I did not mean to imply that european people are any more loose or promiscuous than Americans just that they have far fewer hang ups regarding sexuality and therefore communicating with members ofthe opposite sex is far, far easier.

I dated a girl once who broke it off after ONE TIME I *gasp* failed to walk next to her on the traffic side of the sidewalk! True story. Apparently this was in her rule book as a deal breaker. Give me a break.

I only heard about this since I moved to LA. Still don't get it - not only do I have to watch out for muggers and pickpockets on the sidewalk but also for out of control drivers on the road? Not worth the trouble to walk IMO.

And then there is sex. Wow are American women uptight about sex or what? I am not saying that women in other countries are more sexually promiscuous than American women rather they are not afraid to admit that they actually *gasp* enjoy sex too (RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!). It seems that American women use sex as a tool to gain control of their relationships and forget the fact that it is pleasurable for them too...or at least it should be.

If American men weren't so obsessed with getting laid then women wouldn't have the power to control guys. Men have only themselves to blame - they are the ones showing off with their money and buying fancy cars to impress women.

I dated a girl once who broke it off after ONE TIME I *gasp* failed to walk next to her on the traffic side of the sidewalk! True story. Apparently this was in her rule book as a deal breaker. Give me a break.

I only heard about this since I moved to LA. Still don't get it - not only do I have to watch out for muggers and pickpockets on the sidewalk but also for out of control drivers on the road? Not worth the trouble to walk IMO.
Apparently the muggers and pickpockets like to knock their victims out by running over them with their cars.Who knew?

If American men weren't so obsessed with getting laid then women wouldn't have the power to control guys. Men have only themselves to blame - they are the ones showing off with their money and buying fancy cars to impress women.
And I clearly stated in my rant that all the points applied equally to men and women.It truly has become a viscious cycle.
  • 2 years later...

I watch (I mean I've heard about) lots of pr0n which is made in Prague.

All the girls are hot as hell, and they appear to have no inhibitions, as well as no "exit only" orifices.

Is this just the boys from Evil Angel getting lucky, or are these broads on every street corner over there?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

If I were a single ninja, I'd be in europe right now. Prague is a wonderful city. Have a blast.

:loco:
I've already put the feelers out to people I know about moving to Spain. Have a few things to get done here first before it's a viable option. Working on those now.

I have been back from Finland for 6 months now and, long story short, I am dissatisfied with the lifestyle here in beautiful San Diego (believe it or not).

So I have decided to pack it in and move to Prague, I have an excellent job offer there (no, it's not teaching English) and have started a shelf company that will allow me to purchase property immediately (legally I might add). I am pretty much ready to rock'n'roll but I have a lot of stuff that I simply do not want to keep in storage any longer.

I am starting the process of selling all my crap on eBay (so far only my music collection is up for auction), but I have a ton of comics, a very nice collection of power tools, a few guns and basically anything else that isn't nailed down.

I am going to place ads in the local newspapers etc. as well but does anyone have any other suggestions for how I can sell my stuff? Swap meets are the only other option that comes to mind.

TIA

What were the ladies like in Finland?
Nice. Very nice. Not the best looking people in the world, due to the shallow gene pool, but generally, tall, slender, very fit and lacking most sexual hang-ups commonly associated with American wimmens.

Finland is where I finally learned that the concept of dating is the single worst cultural contribution that America has unleashed upon the world.

Just curious but what do you mean when you say sexual hang-ups? I am intrigued with Europe now.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If I were a single ninja, I'd be in europe right now. Prague is a wonderful city. Have a blast.

Don't put up mental barriers for yourself man. Is your wife against new experiences?

I have been back from Finland for 6 months now and, long story short, I am dissatisfied with the lifestyle here in beautiful San Diego (believe it or not).

So I have decided to pack it in and move to Prague, I have an excellent job offer there (no, it's not teaching English) and have started a shelf company that will allow me to purchase property immediately (legally I might add). I am pretty much ready to rock'n'roll but I have a lot of stuff that I simply do not want to keep in storage any longer.

I am starting the process of selling all my crap on eBay (so far only my music collection is up for auction), but I have a ton of comics, a very nice collection of power tools, a few guns and basically anything else that isn't nailed down.

I am going to place ads in the local newspapers etc. as well but does anyone have any other suggestions for how I can sell my stuff? Swap meets are the only other option that comes to mind.

TIA

Nice. Very nice. Not the best looking people in the world, due to the shallow gene pool, but generally, tall, slender, very fit and lacking most sexual hang-ups commonly associated with American wimmens.

Just curious but what do you mean when you say sexual hang-ups? I am intrigued with Europe now.
See Jackson, Janet at the Super Bowl

TIA

They freak out when you tell them you might have an STD. :thumbdown:

Archived