What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Leftwich Injury Thread *** (1 Viewer)

I'm not a Leftwich owner but I grabbed him anyway. I consider him to be one of the top backups in the league. Because it's Leftys same ankle as last year I suppose there is a chance he could injure it again even if this injury doesn't keep him out. Eitherway, he could be trade bait to the Lefty owner.

Leftwich is now a game time decision. time to make a back up plan.Since for alot of us, he WAS the backup plan.

anyone know when we can expect to hear about the MRI?
An MRI performed on Byron Leftwich's ankle showed "nothing serious."A Jaguars team spokesman told the AP that Leftwich is "feeling a little bit better" Saturday but isn't expected to be upgraded on the injury report. Leftwich will make the trip with the team and be a game-time decision early Sunday. Picking up David Garrard and using him against Houston is a solid alternative for owners of Big Byron if he can't play.

It is what it is said:
anyone know when we can expect to hear about the MRI?
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/otherNFL/...rticleid=163437Leftwich improves, remains questionable

By Associated Press

Saturday, October 21, 2006 - Updated: 12:34 PM EST

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Byron Leftwich’s sore left ankle felt better Saturday, but the quarterback remained questionable for Jacksonville’s game at Houston.

Leftwich missed practice Friday, wore a protective boot and then had an MRI. Results showed “nothing serious,” team spokesman Dan Edwards said Saturday. Edwards said Leftwich was “feeling a little bit better.”

The fourth-year starter was scheduled to fly with the team to Houston later in the day. Whether he plays against the Texans on Sunday will be a game-time decision. Backup David Garrard, who went 4-1 last season in place of Leftwich, will start if Leftwich is unable to play.

Leftwich took his normal practice repetitions Wednesday and Thursday, but coach Jack Del Rio said he experienced soreness in his ankle Friday. Leftwich fractured a bone in the same ankle last season and missed the final five games of the regular season before returning for the first-round of the playoffs.

Team officials weren’t sure whether Leftwich’s soreness was related to last year’s injury.

Leftwich has completed nearly 61 percent of his passes for 1,034 yards, seven touchdowns and five interceptions this season.
I can't start him this week, even if he starts, Garrard will probably take over at some point once the Jags build a comfortable lead ( Wich ) should be in the 2nd quarter. I doubt seriously he would play the entire game. That just wouldn't be smart on behalf of the coaching staff. I think he sits as Garrard can take care of the Texans quite nicely. I have both Leftwich & Garrard. I might start Garrard if he was declared the starter, but not Leftwich. Just to be safe, I'm starting Favre in all the leagues I have him and Leftwich in. :yes:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't put him on IR and pick up Garrard because AOL still hasn't classified him as questionable. :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread