Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dynasty Rankings

I recently traded Stewart for Fitzgerald. Why?Although Stewart looks great, I haven't seen proof he can be top 10 or 5 when getting all the carries. (I think he can be, but I am not sure)I have seen what Fitz can do and know his shelf life is probably as long or longer than Stewart's is. I think Fitzgerald can help me more this year than Stewart can.Two guys who are great talents with tough short term situations. But, Fitzgerald's situation seems less affected than Stewart's.Thoughts?

The only thing I would refute, is that Stewart has shown he can be a top 5-10 back when given starting duties and/or the greater share of the carries..Just last year, in a part time role and only starting 3 games he managed to place between 10th and 12th if I'm not mistaken in most non-ppr leagues Edited by ty247

I recently traded Stewart for Fitzgerald. Why?Although Stewart looks great, I haven't seen proof he can be top 10 or 5 when getting all the carries. (I think he can be, but I am not sure)I have seen what Fitz can do and know his shelf life is probably as long or longer than Stewart's is. I think Fitzgerald can help me more this year than Stewart can.Two guys who are great talents with tough short term situations. But, Fitzgerald's situation seems less affected than Stewart's.Thoughts?

A lot would depend on the format, starting requirements, number of teams. But in a vacuum, I like the move for you if Williams is still on the CAR roster next year. If not, I think you would have traded Stewart too soon and missed out on top 5RB value. So it is a tough call with no clear answer.

Steward is a guy that I don't own in any of my leagues, but really like. I am a "win now" minded guy and am not willing to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on a guy that won't be top 10 at his position that season. That said, in all of the leagues I am in and have enough ammo to get him, I am competing. He is my question:Knowing that there is a chance that Stewart's value goes sky-high, would you trade for him now, hurting your team short term? Or would you wait until the offseason, knowing it might cost you double then?

I'd absolutely weaken my team this year if I felt it strengthened my team in future years. I wouldn't absolutely cripple my team (for instance, if my only starter-caliber RBs were Bradshaw and Hillis, I wouldn't trade them both for Stewart), but if I could get someone who would give me Stewart for Hillis, for instance, I'd do that even if my #3 RB was Danny Woodhead. That's just too huge of a long-term gain to pass up, regardless of the short-term hit.

I like it a lot. I think Fitz is a future HoFer and no-brainer 1st round pick in a dynasty startup.

Steward is a guy that I don't own in any of my leagues, but really like. I am a "win now" minded guy and am not willing to spend a 1st or 2nd rounder on a guy that won't be top 10 at his position that season. That said, in all of the leagues I am in and have enough ammo to get him, I am competing. He is my question:Knowing that there is a chance that Stewart's value goes sky-high, would you trade for him now, hurting your team short term? Or would you wait until the offseason, knowing it might cost you double then?

Acquiring talented backup RBs is very much a "win now" strategy. RB injuries happen so often, I wouldn't rule out Stewart helping you this year. I'm sure a lot of teams rode him to titles last year where he went from RB3 to RB1 (performance-wise) overnight. DeAngelo Williams has already been hurt a couple times this year. The Panthers offense is worse this year, but if Williams is out, Stewart's very startable. I bought him last year thinking I wouldn't start him.If you're competing, sending off a 1st rounder for him right now is an easy trade. If you can get him for that price, do it. I would even offer all my picks plus a smattering of fliers.I would consider hurting my lineup, but only in a calculated way. For example, if he's out of it and has TO, Ward, Driver, or Mason, get those guys as a throw in to replace the sexier upside player you're giving up.

Acquiring talented backup RBs is very much a "win now" strategy. RB injuries happen so often, I wouldn't rule out Stewart helping you this year. I'm sure a lot of teams rode him to titles last year where he went from RB3 to RB1 (performance-wise) overnight. DeAngelo Williams has already been hurt a couple times this year. The Panthers offense is worse this year, but if Williams is out, Stewart's very startable. I bought him last year thinking I wouldn't start him.If you're competing, sending off a 1st rounder for him right now is an easy trade. If you can get him for that price, do it. I would even offer all my picks plus a smattering of fliers.I would consider hurting my lineup, but only in a calculated way. For example, if he's out of it and has TO, Ward, Driver, or Mason, get those guys as a throw in to replace the sexier upside player you're giving up.
Good advice.Trading for Stewart would hurt my lineup, however. I don't have draft picks to play with, and would have to move Bradshaw+ for him. I would do the deal after the season in heartbeat. But right now, Bradshaw's numbers from my flex spot give me the edge over the other top 2 or 3 teams. I am just worried that if I want until after the year, and Williams is traded, Bradshaw + will be laughed at.

Unfortunately F&L has long been a hater of Bradshaw. I might be mistaken but I'm pretty sure after his 88 yard YD against Buffalo, he said Ahmad's value would never be higher after that. I guess he was right in the respect that it took him almost 4 years to finally wrest the job from Brandon Jacobs and Derrick Ward. Tough to be right on these guys with almost no pedigree like Bradshaw.

I like Bradshaw. I think he's a very good back. I just don't think he has a lot of staying power.
What is your concern based on? Has Bradshaw missed any games due to injury? (I don't think he has, but maybe my recollection is flawed). Is it just that this is Bradshaw's first shot at starter's carries and you are skeptical of new "starting" RBs until they do it for 16 games? Is it the offseason surgery even though he's never missed a game due to injury?

Basically, you come back to Bradshaw's injury risk alot. It's basically your only knock against Bradshaw. But I'm not sure what objective data your concern is based on (and I'm curious from a detached perspective since I don't play dynasty).

The foot problems go back to college. He had three surgeries last offseason to his feet/ankles. Since he entered the league, indications from the coaching staff suggest they see him as a timeshare back instead of a true feature back. His offensive coordinator came out yesterday and admitted he has his fingers crossed hoping Bradshaw's body would hold up through the end of the season.

I don't really care if anyone else considers him a rock long-term or not. I have no interest in convincing true believers that he's brittle. I'm just explaining why I've been skeptical of stud value and stability going forward.

It's funny this Stewart thing just came up. Guy has been trying to get Boldin from me for Stewart. And he will be reading this right now (:hey: EB). I have really zero RB's - well Brown and Spiller so ZERO RB's.

I really have a tough time gauging Stewart, I'm pretty much out of it and think this would be smart but I also am not sure on Stewart. Thanks for the info posted, give me something to think about.

Edited by belljr

It's funny this Stewart thing just came up. Guy has been trying to get Boldin from me for Stewart. And he will be reading this right now ( :hey: EB). I have really zero RB's - well Brown and Spiller so ZERO RB's.I really have a tough time gauging Stewart, I'm pretty much out of it and think this would be smart but I also am not sure on Stewart. Thanks for the info posted, give me something to think about.

Take it now, i would trade two Boldins for Stewart. Edited by Go deep

A lot would depend on the format, starting requirements, number of teams. But in a vacuum, I like the move for you if Williams is still on the CAR roster next year. If not, I think you would have traded Stewart too soon and missed out on top 5RB value. So it is a tough call with no clear answer.
It's a non-ppr league with 1 RB, 1 WR and 4 open flex spots (meaning you can have 5 rb's). Ten teams.

I haven't seen a lot of CJ Spiller talk here, and I'm wondering what the board thinks about his prospects are.

Seems like Fred Jackson's a better blocker, and therefore he's receiving a lot more touches. But what's especially flummoxing is the Bills' use of Spiller - especially in shootouts like last Sunday in Baltimore. It's kind of bizarre that Spiller isn't being used much - considering the lack of explosive players on that Bills offense.

While it makes sense that a rookie RB isn't being used on the majority of snaps, you'd think that the coaching staff would at least make an attempt to get Spiller involved more as sort of a Reggie Bush type. I think Spiller would cause some serious matchup problems if he was lined up as a WR at times.

I haven't seen a lot of CJ Spiller talk here, and I'm wondering what the board thinks about his prospects are. Seems like Fred Jackson's a better blocker, and therefore he's receiving a lot more touches. But what's especially flummoxing is the Bills' use of Spiller - especially in shootouts like last Sunday in Baltimore. It's kind of bizarre that Spiller isn't being used much - considering the lack of explosive players on that Bills offense. While it makes sense that a rookie RB isn't being used on the majority of snaps, you'd think that the coaching staff would at least make an attempt to get Spiller involved more as sort of a Reggie Bush type. I think Spiller would cause some serious matchup problems if he was lined up as a WR at times.

I agree that it's very strange. The Bills picked him number 9 overall and aren't even giving him a chance. Especially now that Fitzpatrick has really taken off, Spiller could potentially make this a very good offense.I'm not arguing that he should get 25 carries a game, but it's a little wierd that he isn't even getting 10.

I haven't seen a lot of CJ Spiller talk here, and I'm wondering what the board thinks about his prospects are. Seems like Fred Jackson's a better blocker, and therefore he's receiving a lot more touches. But what's especially flummoxing is the Bills' use of Spiller - especially in shootouts like last Sunday in Baltimore. It's kind of bizarre that Spiller isn't being used much - considering the lack of explosive players on that Bills offense. While it makes sense that a rookie RB isn't being used on the majority of snaps, you'd think that the coaching staff would at least make an attempt to get Spiller involved more as sort of a Reggie Bush type. I think Spiller would cause some serious matchup problems if he was lined up as a WR at times.

I agree that it's very strange. The Bills picked him number 9 overall and aren't even giving him a chance. Especially now that Fitzpatrick has really taken off, Spiller could potentially make this a very good offense.I'm not arguing that he should get 25 carries a game, but it's a little wierd that he isn't even getting 10.
I agree with both of you, except i then remember this is the team that took Aaron Maybin over Brian Orakpo.

Exactly. I think it's a mistake to draft a guy this high and just ignore his talents. The Bills are going to finish with an abysmal record, so what exactly do they have to lose? Personally, I think coaches fail when they do not fully utilize the talent on their rosters.

I agree with both of you, except i then remember this is the team that took Aaron Maybin over Brian Orakpo.
It's one thing to make poor drafting decisions. Many teams have made poor choices in the draft. Just seems like a waste to draft someone that high and not use him. And now that we've seen Fitzpatrick play pretty well, we know that Spiller would have some space to work with. Early in the year, no one respected the Bills' offense, and it'd be easy to stop Spiller at the line with an 8 man front. But Fitzpatrick's competence in the passing game will certainly make those safties back off from the line of scrimmage and open up some nice short-to-intermediate passing lanes for Spiller.

It's one thing to make poor drafting decisions. Many teams have made poor choices in the draft. Just seems like a waste to draft someone that high and not use him. And now that we've seen Fitzpatrick play pretty well, we know that Spiller would have some space to work with. Early in the year, no one respected the Bills' offense, and it'd be easy to stop Spiller at the line with an 8 man front. But Fitzpatrick's competence in the passing game will certainly make those safties back off from the line of scrimmage and open up some nice short-to-intermediate passing lanes for Spiller.
As a Bills fan, i was just expressing my anger more than trying to make sense. :goodposting: Plus, that was more than a bad pick, Orakpo was the exact player the Bills were looking for, but since they didnt think he would slide they never considered taking him and just stuck to their original plan. The Redskins had 70 year old men sprinting to the podium to make the Orakpo pick seconds later. Edited by Go deep

As a Bills fan, i was just expressing my anger more than trying to make sense. :lmao: Plus, that was more than a bad pick, Orakpo was the exact player the Bills were looking for, but since they didnt think he would slide they never considered taking him and just stuck to their original plan. The Redskins had 70 year old men sprinting to the podium to make the Orakpo pick seconds later.
Hey, I'm a Raider fan. Don't get me started on bad draft picks :goodposting:

Lets talk top 5 dynasty WR's.

While updating my rankings this week, i had a hard time keeping Fitz in my top 5, and i was wondering what everyone elses top 5 dynasty WR's would look like right now.

1. AJ - Is this as obvious as i think? I know he is pushing 30, but he has easily been the best WR over the last couple years, and it doesnt look like that will change anytime soon. Would anyone consider trading him right now? He is getting up there in age, and he would would fetch a kings ransom.

2. CJ - A top 10 WR right now with Shaun Hill. Assuming Stafford turns out to be as good as most think, he cant be any lower than 2, right?

3. Roddy White - Is any WR playing better than him right now? Sill just 28 and has a good young QB. If i had to bet which WR would have the most top 5 finishes over the next 5 years, i would pick White.

4. Miles Austin - No doubting his talent, but we are about to find out just how good he is without Romo.

5. I just couldnt drop Fitz out of the top 5, even though i think there are a couple of WR's i would probably prefer over him. So i just called it a 3 way tie.

*Larry Fitzgerald - I want to believe things are going to get better soon, but i just cant. Its almost halfway throguh the season and he is the 41st ranked WR. Im sure he will eventually get back to top 10 WR numbers, but he might be 30 by the time that happens.

*Hakeem Nicks - I would trade Fitz for Nicks if i could. He will clearly put up better numbers than Fitz this year, and i would bet next year as well. After that, Fitz will be 30 and Nicks 25.

*Desean Jackson - The most explosive WR in the league. He was proving that his longs TD's last year were not so fluky after all.

I also think there is a big drop to the next tier of WR's after these seven.

Thoughts?

Edited by Go deep

1. Roddy White --- not an overeaction, I've had him here since last season. Ryan trusts him implicitly, and he's great at everything.

2. Andre Johnson --- he's a monster

3. Hakeem Nicks --- I acquired him everywhere I could this past offseason, and managed to do it in zealots leagues pretty successfully. He's practically as physically gifted as Calvin, and I think he's just a straight up playmaker. Nice QB to boot.

4. Calvin Johnson --- He's a monster of a man as well, and he can jump out the gym...I find he and Nicks to be very similar, although Nicks, to my eyes, it a bit better possession guy and Calvin's a bit better deep threat.

Both are RedZone Monsters.

That's my tier 1a and 1b. Fitz, Austin, Bryant, Marshall come next for me, and my top 10 will be rounded out by 2 of Crabtree, Britt, Desean, Collie, Maclin, Harvin and VJax --- although it's really just 2 of VJax, Britt, Desean, Crabtree with the other guys top 15.

1. Roddy White --- not an overeaction, I've had him here since last season. Ryan trusts him implicitly, and he's great at everything. 2. Andre Johnson --- he's a monster3. Hakeem Nicks --- I acquired him everywhere I could this past offseason, and managed to do it in zealots leagues pretty successfully. He's practically as physically gifted as Calvin, and I think he's just a straight up playmaker. Nice QB to boot.4. Calvin Johnson --- He's a monster of a man as well, and he can jump out the gym...I find he and Nicks to be very similar, although Nicks, to my eyes, it a bit better possession guy and Calvin's a bit better deep threat. Both are RedZone Monsters.That's my tier 1a and 1b. Fitz, Austin, Bryant, Marshall come next for me, and my top 10 will be rounded out by 2 of Crabtree, Britt, Desean, Collie, Maclin, Harvin and VJax --- although it's really just 2 of VJax, Britt, Desean, Crabtree with the other guys top 15.

I dont think having White at 1 is crazy. He is the most consistent, dependable WR on a week to week basis.I wish would have been more aggresive in getting Nicks in my Zealots leagues this offseason, but i am/was pretty deep at WR's and had no urgency to do so. Its too late now, he would cost an arm and a leg, if you could even pry him from his owner. What Zealots leagues are you in? Edited by Go deep

Help with a trade guys?

I'm rebuilding a team I took over last year. In the offseason I have traded for Big Ben, Miles, Smiff, Kolb, VD, Bush, Evans.

12 team league, 30 man rosters, PPR, start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1rb/wr, 1te, 1k.

Current roster:

QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit

QB Max Hall, Ari

QB Kevin Kolb, Phi

QB Matt Moore, Car

RB Jahvid Best, Det

RB Ronnie Brown, Mia

RB Ryan Torain, Was

RB Michael Bush, Oak

RB Danny Woodhead, NE

RB Mike Bell, Phi RB

RB Jason Snelling, Atl

RB Mike Goodson, Car

RB Laurence Maroney, Den

WR Miles Austin, Dal

WR Steve Smith, Car WR

WR Lee Evans, Buf

WR Brandon Tate, NE

WR Damian Williams, Ten

WR Steve Johnson, Buf

WR Julian Edelman, NE

WR Andre Roberts, Ari

WR Stephen Williams, Ari

WR Chris Chambers, KC

WR Kevin Ogeltree, Dal

WR Adrian Arrington, NO

WR Ramses Barden, NYG

TE Vernon Davis, SF

TE Aaron Hernandez, NE

TE Tony Moeaki, KC

PK Nick Folk, NYJ

Current deal on the table:

Give: Best/2011 1st/Kolb Get: Fitz/Freeman

I'm currently 3-4 and improving, so the 1st rounder at this point should be mid, but after the deal could be higher. I'm worried about Fitz's QB situation as Hall really has struggled, but the chance to grab a guy like Fitz is tempting. I'm not sold on Best's staying-power given his injury history, even though the kid seems to be a stud.

Thoughts on this deal?

Thanks.

I wouldn't give up a 1st and Best unless you are getting more in return. Kolb will be starting eventually and is undervalued right now. I know I'm probably the only one saying this but Fitz is not looking good right now or for the future. Just look at Steve Smith in Carolina. Without a quality quarterback, receivers just become totally different players. Who will be quarterback for the Cardinals next season?

Help with a trade guys?I'm rebuilding a team I took over last year. In the offseason I have traded for Big Ben, Miles, Smiff, Kolb, VD, Bush, Evans.12 team league, 30 man rosters, PPR, start 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1rb/wr, 1te, 1k.Current roster:QB Ben Roethlisberger, PitQB Max Hall, AriQB Kevin Kolb, PhiQB Matt Moore, CarRB Jahvid Best, DetRB Ronnie Brown, MiaRB Ryan Torain, WasRB Michael Bush, OakRB Danny Woodhead, NERB Mike Bell, Phi RBRB Jason Snelling, AtlRB Mike Goodson, CarRB Laurence Maroney, DenWR Miles Austin, DalWR Steve Smith, Car WRWR Lee Evans, BufWR Brandon Tate, NEWR Damian Williams, TenWR Steve Johnson, BufWR Julian Edelman, NEWR Andre Roberts, AriWR Stephen Williams, AriWR Chris Chambers, KCWR Kevin Ogeltree, DalWR Adrian Arrington, NOWR Ramses Barden, NYGTE Vernon Davis, SFTE Aaron Hernandez, NETE Tony Moeaki, KCPK Nick Folk, NYJCurrent deal on the table: Give: Best/2011 1st/Kolb Get: Fitz/FreemanI'm currently 3-4 and improving, so the 1st rounder at this point should be mid, but after the deal could be higher. I'm worried about Fitz's QB situation as Hall really has struggled, but the chance to grab a guy like Fitz is tempting. I'm not sold on Best's staying-power given his injury history, even though the kid seems to be a stud.Thoughts on this deal?Thanks.

I wouldn't do that at all. I don't think you need a backup QB, and I think you can get more for Best. Plus, I think next year will have 5 WRs and 3 QBs worth drafting in the first round next year. As for RB, we are looking 1 to 3 (If we are lucky).I am not saying keep Best, becuase I am not sold on him either, but get more for him, hopefully a RB.

Not a Dynasty Question but a Keeper Question. 3 Player Keeper League. Standard lineup/scoring. NOT ppr.I've been offered Larry Fitzgerald for Darren McFadden.Seems like I should jump all over this, but I'm hesitant. What am I missing?

WRs are much less valuable in keeper formats than in dynasty formats. I think that's a no-brainer in a true dynasty, but in a keep-3... I'd probably balk, too. I play in a keep-3 league, as well (all players cost a draft pick 2 rounds higher than what they cost the year before), and the only time anyone winds up keeping a WR is if the WR is insane value (e.g. Wayne or Colston for a double-digit draft pick) or if they simply don't have any other viable keeper choices.

The Mendenhall owner was looking to trade him because he does not like having Steelers. I know that is a recipe for losing but it is his team. Anyway, last Sunday night , week 7, he sends me an offer of Mendenhall for Knowhon. He called me and told me he sent the offer online but that he is unsure and is thinking of withdrawing it. I tell him I like it but I can't accept as trades are frozen until Tuesday but would as soon as I could. He ended up withdrawing it.

He ended up rolling him up in a trade as follows:

Mendenhall and Eddie Royal for Shonn Greene and Jordan Shipley and the guys first rd. Pick in 2012.

The Mendy guy called me before finalizing that trade to tell me what he was close to getting and give me a shot at getting him. He had indicatedd that he would want Knowshon and his own 2011 first rd. Pick back that he traded me earlier this year for Dwayne Bowe.

I passed on the chance.

FWIW Shonn Green was traded during this years rookie draft for the 5th overall pick that ended up being Dez Bryant.

12 team ppr league.

The Mendenhall owner was looking to trade him because he does not like having Steelers. I know that is a recipe for losing but it is his team. Anyway, last Sunday night , week 7, he sends me an offer of Mendenhall for Knowhon. He called me and told me he sent the offer online but that he is unsure and is thinking of withdrawing it. I tell him I like it but I can't accept as trades are frozen until Tuesday but would as soon as I could. He ended up withdrawing it.He ended up rolling him up in a trade as follows:Mendenhall and Eddie Royal for Shonn Greene and Jordan Shipley and the guys first rd. Pick in 2012.The Mendy guy called me before finalizing that trade to tell me what he was close to getting and give me a shot at getting him. He had indicatedd that he would want Knowshon and his own 2011 first rd. Pick back that he traded me earlier this year for Dwayne Bowe.I passed on the chance.FWIW Shonn Green was traded during this years rookie draft for the 5th overall pick that ended up being Dez Bryant.12 team ppr league.

I would have tried to negotiate that deal out. I think Mendy is light years ahead of Knowshon.If the pick was top 3-5 I may hesitate, but a lower 1st, or a swap of 1sts if his pick was looking to be higher may have been in order.

Anyone have any opinions (good or bad) on Stephen McGee? I guess I must be the ultimate Kitna hater because I was surprised not to see anyone pick up McGee in any of my dynasty leagues this week(1 of my leagues is a QB flex). Kitna is just so awful to me it seems incredibly likely we will see McGee play soon. Does he have a strong enough arm to take advantage of those weapons in Dallas?

I wouldn't give up a 1st and Best unless you are getting more in return. Kolb will be starting eventually and is undervalued right now. I know I'm probably the only one saying this but Fitz is not looking good right now or for the future. Just look at Steve Smith in Carolina. Without a quality quarterback, receivers just become totally different players. Who will be quarterback for the Cardinals next season?

Fitz will be fine long term (Still one of the top 3 WR's in fantasy IMO). Double digit targets in 4 of 6 games (7 and 9 in the 2 other). I look for a quick turn around at QB in AZ next year if Hall doesn't show promise. While it's great for an undrafted rookie FA to start at QB, just realize the leash is a lot shorter than a high draft pick. Going to be interesting to see what happens in Philly as I definitely believe the Cards would have interest in particular Kolb (and wouldn't be a shock at all if Vick either with the way he's played). Marc Bulger is another guy the Cards were interested in this past offseason (but had (prematurely) signed Derek Anderson).Larry can become a URFA after 2011 season -- so the Cards will unquestionably address QB this offseason if they don't see Max making strides. Even if it means overpaying for Vick/Kolb/etc... Or could be going after Bulger for a year (or two or three or maybe he's resurrects his career entirely) and draft a QB early as a backup.While Max is a nice story, he wasn't exactly put in the best situation to succeed this year. (Leinart/Anderson were splitting 1st snaps all offseason) Expecting much more than what he's done is probably asking a lot of a rookie (especially one with the lack of chemistry with the WR's he's currently working with). Edited by D'OHtis

I have a question for the Felix supporters. Understand that I'm not trying to be combative or argumentative or otherwise toolish... I'm asking because I'm honestly curious.

What would have to happen to convince you that Felix Jones is not going to be a featured RB at the NFL level? He just got out-carried again by Marion Barber- and this isn't the 2007 pro bowl version of Marion Barber, this is the Barber Husk. Every time the coaching staff or ownership talks about getting him more involved, it seems to last for all of one game before they go back to limiting his touches all over again. He's still never had more than 15 carries in a single game, and he's only had more than 10 carries four times.

I understand sticking to your guns in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I'm no stranger to the concept. I have a lot of respect for someone who says "I know that the current evidence suggests Outcome A, but I've seen something that leads me to still believe in Outcome B". The thing is, there's always a tipping point- eventually, the evidence on the field becomes too great and you simply have to abandon your initial stance. EBF was convinced that Chris Johnson was going to be a bust... but at this point, he's not still clinging to that stance. I was convinced that Chad Ochocinco was going to age like Hines Ward and provide 3-4 more years of top-20 WR production, but at this point, the preponderance of the evidence is too great and I'm going to abandon that position and bury Ochocinco in my rankings. On the other hand, I'm sticking to my guns on guys like Crabtree and Vincent Jackson, because the evidence has not yet reached that tipping point for me.

So, Felix fans, where is that tipping point for you? Are you nearing it? Are you nowhere near it? If Felix maintains a 50/50 split with the Barber Husk for the rest of the season, are you going to back off your Felix support, or does he still have several more mulligans left in his hip pocket? Would you rather see Felix average 18 carries a game for 4 ypc for the rest of the season, or 8 carries a game for 9 ypc for the rest of the season?

I think it's about time for all those still claiming that Jonathan Stewart is a top 5 fantasy RB to give up this argument and start dropping him down your rankings.I wouldn't put him in the top ten right now./Jstewart owner

I might tweak his ranking a bit, although it's hard for me to drop him too far. The guy right behind him (Mendenhall) is an unspecial RB whose efficiency metrics have been suffering this season. Charles is as awesome as I thought he was, but he's still mired in a timeshare. Foster is another back heavily propped up by situation. Gore is 27 with a potential lockout looming. Mathews and Best are hardly setting the league on fire. Stewart will probably slide a couple of slots, but the simple fact is that the entire 2nd tier is heavily flawed right now. Stewart has been struggling in Carolina this year... but so has DeAngelo, and DeAngelo's talent is also above suspicion.

So, Felix fans, where is that tipping point for you? Are you nearing it? Are you nowhere near it? If Felix maintains a 50/50 split with the Barber Husk for the rest of the season, are you going to back off your Felix support, or does he still have several more mulligans left in his hip pocket? Would you rather see Felix average 18 carries a game for 4 ypc for the rest of the season, or 8 carries a game for 9 ypc for the rest of the season?

I wouldnt say I'm a "fan", but I am an owner who was counting on him to be my RB2/3 on one team to McCoy's/JStew's 1/2.I'm not sure if its Felix, the Dallas coaching staff, or a combination, but it is getting to be tiresome. Personally, I would rather they play him like they did when it was Julius/Barber tandem - give the early work to Felix, get him involved in the passing game, then let Marion close out. We constantly hear "we have to get Felix more involved", the team does, then they close the door.From the information over the last couple of weeks which has leaked out, it appears that Jones is simply not capable of being a bellcow or even a majority-carry player.The trouble is, what can you get for him? I would love to sell him, but I just dont think I could get a decent return...

I've just sent out the e-mail soliciting offers on Stewart. I expect to get 0-2 responses from the 10 other owners in my league.

In dynasty I would buy buy buy. The guy is still just 23 years old, and IMO is in the top 3 in the NFL in pure RB ability (behind ADP and CJ). Hopefully someone gives him up way cheaper than they should.

I've just sent out the e-mail soliciting offers on Stewart. I expect to get 0-2 responses from the 10 other owners in my league.

In general, it's best not to sell your players following bad games. I wouldn't sell JStew at this point.
i will have to get an offer in order to sell him. i don't anticipate getting an offer i will accept. we have some weird rules, though, so there is more to it than just giving away a good player.

I wanted to add some thoughts on trading for future draft picks as a rebuilding strategy. I took over a bad team last season and made a lot of moves, a lot of which were for 2011 1st round picks. I know it is a speculative move, but you can really get a lot of value out of it. Some examples of moves from last offseason..

Dealt: Brent Celek

Got: 2011 1st and 2nd (currently 1.02/2.02)

Dealt: Kevin Kolb

Got: 2011 1st and 2nd (currently 1.05/2.05)

I also dealt for 3 other 2011 1sts, as well as having my own (which is currently the 1.01 since I traded away most of my players for picks)

As of todays standings I own the #1, #2, #5, #7, #11, #12 picks in the 2011 draft. The last 6 picks are determined by playoff order, so those last few picks could be anywhere from 1.07-1.12

The point of all this is that I think future 1sts are severely undervalued. Lots of teams look at the best possible scenario and don't see the downside of their teams. I think it is a very viable rebuild strategy to dump a lot of your talent for a future 1st, take a year hit, and then build from there.

You can draft the players yourself or move them for very high value.

Thoughts?

I wanted to add some thoughts on trading for future draft picks as a rebuilding strategy. I took over a bad team last season and made a lot of moves, a lot of which were for 2011 1st round picks. I know it is a speculative move, but you can really get a lot of value out of it. Some examples of moves from last offseason..Dealt: Brent CelekGot: 2011 1st and 2nd (currently 1.02/2.02)Dealt: Kevin KolbGot: 2011 1st and 2nd (currently 1.05/2.05)I also dealt for 3 other 2011 1sts, as well as having my own (which is currently the 1.01 since I traded away most of my players for picks)As of todays standings I own the #1, #2, #5, #7, #11, #12 picks in the 2011 draft. The last 6 picks are determined by playoff order, so those last few picks could be anywhere from 1.07-1.12The point of all this is that I think future 1sts are severely undervalued. Lots of teams look at the best possible scenario and don't see the downside of their teams. I think it is a very viable rebuild strategy to dump a lot of your talent for a future 1st, take a year hit, and then build from there. You can draft the players yourself or move them for very high value. Thoughts?

I find it hard to get further through your post than the point where you say you got a 2011 1st & 2nd for both Kolb and Celek. IMO it is easy to advocate trading for future draft picks when your leaguemates will trade them away in deals most people (at least those in my leagues) wouldn't make.

my biggest dilemma right now is my QB situation - my team is in my sig - full dynasty - i was runner up last year and i should be in good shape for playoff run again this year - i love the 2011 draft though -

Peyton - every week start, but for how much longer?

Bradford - love his future - I believe he is going to be a stud

Sanchez - would love to sell this guy for something and stick with my other two but no interest

qb's dont move very often in our league - i've been dying for something to get into a QB situation and need to buy something - just hasn't really happened - there is a good amount of interest in bradford - so my question is do i keep peyton and sanchez and sell on bradford now to bulk up other pieces of my lineup for this year

-offer currently on the table

bradford/bradshaw for gore + (throwin - max hall/garcon something like that)

really just looking for some advice on starting vs backup QB - how much longer is peyton going to help me win - and is sammy bradford by all accounts a hold - what is the market for peyton like - has anyone seen trades involving peyton?

I wanted to add some thoughts on trading for future draft picks as a rebuilding strategy. I took over a bad team last season and made a lot of moves, a lot of which were for 2011 1st round picks. I know it is a speculative move, but you can really get a lot of value out of it. Some examples of moves from last offseason..Dealt: Brent CelekGot: 2011 1st and 2nd (currently 1.02/2.02)Dealt: Kevin KolbGot: 2011 1st and 2nd (currently 1.05/2.05)I also dealt for 3 other 2011 1sts, as well as having my own (which is currently the 1.01 since I traded away most of my players for picks)As of todays standings I own the #1, #2, #5, #7, #11, #12 picks in the 2011 draft. The last 6 picks are determined by playoff order, so those last few picks could be anywhere from 1.07-1.12The point of all this is that I think future 1sts are severely undervalued. Lots of teams look at the best possible scenario and don't see the downside of their teams. I think it is a very viable rebuild strategy to dump a lot of your talent for a future 1st, take a year hit, and then build from there. You can draft the players yourself or move them for very high value. Thoughts?

I find it hard to get further through your post than the point where you say you got a 2011 1st & 2nd for both Kolb and Celek. IMO it is easy to advocate trading for future draft picks when your leaguemates will trade them away in deals most people (at least those in my leagues) wouldn't make.
Maybe so, but they were pretty highly valued this offseason by a lot of people around here. The teams that made those trades are good teams that have had a rough go of it with injuries and playing teams when they score high, which is kind of my point. Plus there are hundreds of trades worse than that in the the trade threads. The point is still the same IMO, that people don't value future picks enough because they are future picks.

I have a question for the Felix supporters. Understand that I'm not trying to be combative or argumentative or otherwise toolish... I'm asking because I'm honestly curious.What would have to happen to convince you that Felix Jones is not going to be a featured RB at the NFL level? He just got out-carried again by Marion Barber- and this isn't the 2007 pro bowl version of Marion Barber, this is the Barber Husk. Every time the coaching staff or ownership talks about getting him more involved, it seems to last for all of one game before they go back to limiting his touches all over again. He's still never had more than 15 carries in a single game, and he's only had more than 10 carries four times.I understand sticking to your guns in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I'm no stranger to the concept. I have a lot of respect for someone who says "I know that the current evidence suggests Outcome A, but I've seen something that leads me to still believe in Outcome B". The thing is, there's always a tipping point- eventually, the evidence on the field becomes too great and you simply have to abandon your initial stance. EBF was convinced that Chris Johnson was going to be a bust... but at this point, he's not still clinging to that stance. I was convinced that Chad Ochocinco was going to age like Hines Ward and provide 3-4 more years of top-20 WR production, but at this point, the preponderance of the evidence is too great and I'm going to abandon that position and bury Ochocinco in my rankings. On the other hand, I'm sticking to my guns on guys like Crabtree and Vincent Jackson, because the evidence has not yet reached that tipping point for me.So, Felix fans, where is that tipping point for you? Are you nearing it? Are you nowhere near it? If Felix maintains a 50/50 split with the Barber Husk for the rest of the season, are you going to back off your Felix support, or does he still have several more mulligans left in his hip pocket? Would you rather see Felix average 18 carries a game for 4 ypc for the rest of the season, or 8 carries a game for 9 ypc for the rest of the season?

If felix got dinged up or something, you may have your clue to what happened today and you may extend the previous scuttlebutt that he can't take the featured back pounding.Otherwise... Dallas simply HAS to clean house this year, and Barber and the whole coaching staff have got to be purged? Jones sure has "purty" stats per touch, and his "eye test" screams HIT ME as a future star.

I think it's about time for all those still claiming that Jonathan Stewart is a top 5 fantasy RB to give up this argument and start dropping him down your rankings.I wouldn't put him in the top ten right now./Jstewart owner

I might tweak his ranking a bit, although it's hard for me to drop him too far. The guy right behind him (Mendenhall) is an unspecial RB whose efficiency metrics have been suffering this season. Charles is as awesome as I thought he was, but he's still mired in a timeshare. Foster is another back heavily propped up by situation. Gore is 27 with a potential lockout looming. Mathews and Best are hardly setting the league on fire. Stewart will probably slide a couple of slots, but the simple fact is that the entire 2nd tier is heavily flawed right now. Stewart has been struggling in Carolina this year... but so has DeAngelo, and DeAngelo's talent is also above suspicion.
What about McFadden?