What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

I am also listening to the Hood from last night and I would not call that tight whatsoever. Listen to last night's Hood and then the one from Hampton Comes Alive a decade earlier....there's not a comparison. It actually sounds terrible.

Sanity opener tonight, interesting. * Set One * Sanity * Wilson * Foam * Bathtub Gin * Undermind * AC/DC Bag :wub: * My Friend, My Friend :wub:
Okay that Hood was butchered but much of the rest of what I've heard sounds tight. Page is a big standout. The guy is like glue here...incredible. Two things I have noticed is the pace has slowed some and Trey isn't shredding like he just snorted a couple grams...which I kind of appreciate. But they sound ####### good man. Haven't sounded this good since 97-ish. This Rock n Roll cover is ripping.

Sanity opener tonight, interesting. * Set One * Sanity * Wilson * Foam * Bathtub Gin * Undermind * AC/DC Bag :wub: * My Friend, My Friend :wub:
Okay that Hood was butchered but much of the rest of what I've heard sounds tight. Page is a big standout. The guy is like glue here...incredible. Two things I have noticed is the pace has slowed some and Trey isn't shredding like he just snorted a couple grams...which I kind of appreciate. But they sound ####### good man. Haven't sounded this good since 97-ish. This Rock n Roll cover is ripping.
Downloading night two right now. I agree, pretty much. To me, they sound great, but not all that spontaneous, which is fine. You have to walk before you can run. They're tight again, though.

Downloading night two right now. I agree, pretty much. To me, they sound great, but not all that spontaneous, which is fine. You have to walk before you can run. They're tight again, though.
Might just be the songs I chose to listen to:HoodHaley'sAntelopeRock n RollPiperWeekapaughPiper is a bit loose...listening now. Check out the Rock and Roll, just absolutely sick. Weekapaugh is tight as well. Brings me back.

Sanity opener tonight, interesting. * Set One * Sanity * Wilson * Foam * Bathtub Gin * Undermind * AC/DC Bag :lmao: * My Friend, My Friend :yes:
Very true about the hood, it was butchered. The section just before the jam was totally flubbed. But the most of the rest of that show was very tight. I wonder if the YEM screw up was a joke or on purpose?I've been listening to these shows all weekend on and off. I've noticed some of the complex composed sections here or there that have been totally butchered (hood, PYITE, the "chase" portion of Reba, others), but then some that have been nailed (fluffhead, divided sky slow part, i am hydrogen, guelah papyrus, et al). The other thing I've noticed is that there is a certain hesitancy when it comes to the improv piece of the puzzle. Almost like they rehearsed hard to get the composed pieces in line (which is obviously very important), but are not yet going on "explorations" of the material as they are able to do once comfortable. I liked moments like the It's Ice "spacey" section -- seemed like it came from "in the moment." Page has been a standout for sure. Looks from teh pictures like the lighting setup they have is top notch as well.All in all, I am far more excited about seeing these guys (assuming a west coast tour) than I was before these shows, it seems like they far outpaced expectations for their return and are really taking this seriously. These Hampton shows would have been just awesome to be at.ETA: ACDC Bag and Maze belie any complaints I had above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last night's show:

3.8.09 | Phish | Hampton Coliseum | Hampton, VA

Set 1: 104 mins Sanity, Wilson, Foam, Bathtub Gin, Undermind, AC/DC Bag, My Friend My Friend, Scent Of A Mule, All Of These Dreams, Maze, She Thinks I Still Care*, Army Of One, Tube, Cars Trucks Buses, Free, Frankenstein**

Set 2: 80 mins Down With Disease*** , Seven Below, Horse > Silent In The Morning, Twist, 2001, Moma Dance, While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Wading In The Velvet Sea, Slave To The Trafic Light

Encore: **** Contact, Bug, Tweezer Reprise

Notes: * George Jones Song ** Page on Keytar *** Roses thrown on stage start of song **** Happy Birthday played for Fishman's Dad before encore

Pretty sweet (no Harpua or Peaches - sorry Finless)

Panicstream has nights one and two up if you want to stream them. The Suzie Greenberg from night one was the highlight of night one set one for me (well, that and the entire crowd bellowing the lyrics to each of the first four songs - pretty special right there).

Last edited by a moderator:
finally got around to downloading the sets...just watching the crowd when they come out for the

is insane...couldn't imagine being there

finally got around to downloading the sets...just watching the crowd when they come out for the

I have 1, my buddy from CBus got two in the lotto. I think there are like 8 of us heading to it from Ctown....maybe via limo there/back. Should be confirmed this week. PM me if you're interested.

So is a west coast tour happening or not? Inquiring minds want to know.
I've heard rumors of every place possible in Colorado in late June, but I had heard back in Feb. that the band worked out everything they needed to work out with the town of Morrison to play at RR.Concrete? Nothing. But, knowing how Phish works, about a week before the end of this tour, they'll announce the summer. I still have friends with ears close to the band's management, so if I hear anything I'll post.Of course, all these Colorado-based connections couldn't do me diddly for getting tix to Mansfield. :moneybag:

A world with Phish is that much brighter, ain't it?

Just a reminder that I'll be at Jones Beach, Great Woods, Camden, Star Lake, and Deer Creek. I might end up with extras to a few of the shows, and I'll keep my FBG brethren in mind.

"Sanity never came my way..."

awesome

HAMPTON, Va. – Some Phish fans are leaving Hampton a little lighter than when they arrived for the band's weekend reunion.

Police said Monday they confiscated about $1.2 million in illegal drugs and more than $68,000 in cash from concertgoers. Authorities also arrested 194 Phish fans during the three-night celebration of the band's return to the stage after a nearly five-year absence.

Most of the arrests were for drug possession, use and distribution, police said.

Tourism officials had estimated 75,000 fans would be coming to the coastal Virginia city. Nearly 200 law enforcement officers worked the weekend event, with the Vermont-based band picking up the tab.

awesomeHAMPTON, Va. – Some Phish fans are leaving Hampton a little lighter than when they arrived for the band's weekend reunion.Police said Monday they confiscated about $1.2 million in illegal drugs and more than $68,000 in cash from concertgoers. Authorities also arrested 194 Phish fans during the three-night celebration of the band's return to the stage after a nearly five-year absence.Most of the arrests were for drug possession, use and distribution, police said.Tourism officials had estimated 75,000 fans would be coming to the coastal Virginia city. Nearly 200 law enforcement officers worked the weekend event, with the Vermont-based band picking up the tab.
I can think of a few places I'd rather go to Jail than Virginia. Though with so many arrests and confiscation I may try and take advantage of the market.

Damn this Friday night show is awesome.

If I have any regrets in life, never seeing these guys would be at the top of the list. :goodposting:

I thought the sets this weekend were very tight but were lacking some creativity. You can't complain about the expansive set lists as they played a lot of their catalog, and well for the most part. However they were missing some flair. I say give these guys a couple of months until the next tour and this may be something special.

85 Days until Jones Beach! Listening to the weekend sets, it's kinda finally starting to set it that Phish is truly back, and that, my friends, is a joyous thing.

awesomeHAMPTON, Va. – Some Phish fans are leaving Hampton a little lighter than when they arrived for the band's weekend reunion.Police said Monday they confiscated about $1.2 million in illegal drugs and more than $68,000 in cash from concertgoers. Authorities also arrested 194 Phish fans during the three-night celebration of the band's return to the stage after a nearly five-year absence.Most of the arrests were for drug possession, use and distribution, police said.Tourism officials had estimated 75,000 fans would be coming to the coastal Virginia city. Nearly 200 law enforcement officers worked the weekend event, with the Vermont-based band picking up the tab.
as a former VA resident, this doesn't surprise me. one of the reasons i scratched my head when they announced Hampton was the setting for the reunion. Hampton is a ####### dump.

as a former VA resident, this doesn't surprise me. one of the reasons i scratched my head when they announced Hampton was the setting for the reunion. Hampton is a ####### dump.
This does surprise me. The cops were generally super cool. They were letting kids set up NO2 tanks and would just asked them to move them instead of bust them. I didn't see one arrest the whole time I was there. I saw all three shows. To me it seemed like the cops were just fins to circle the circus and let go what may. These shows brought a huge economic boon into the city when I'm sure they needed it most. There are no ushers inside. The one time I talked to the cops inside the show they were super cool. I asked them to call an EMT for my buddy but told them I didn't want them to know who my buddy was and to not approach him and they completely obliged. Overall this was a very smooth experience and I think it because they left everyone alone for the most part.

awesome

HAMPTON, Va. – Some Phish fans are leaving Hampton a little lighter than when they arrived for the band's weekend reunion.

Police said Monday they confiscated about $1.2 million in illegal drugs and more than $68,000 in cash from concertgoers. Authorities also arrested 194 Phish fans during the three-night celebration of the band's return to the stage after a nearly five-year absence.

Most of the arrests were for drug possession, use and distribution, police said.

Tourism officials had estimated 75,000 fans would be coming to the coastal Virginia city. Nearly 200 law enforcement officers worked the weekend event, with the Vermont-based band picking up the tab.
This does surprise me. The cops were generally super cool. They were letting kids set up NO2 tanks and would just asked them to move them instead of bust them. I didn't see one arrest the whole time I was there. I saw all three shows. To me it seemed like the cops were just fins to circle the circus and let go what may. These shows brought a huge economic boon into the city when I'm sure they needed it most. There are no ushers inside. The one time I talked to the cops inside the show they were super cool. I asked them to call an EMT for my buddy but told them I didn't want them to know who my buddy was and to not approach him and they completely obliged. Overall this was a very smooth experience and I think it because they left everyone alone for the most part.
Sounds like there is a story here.

awesome

bad boomer trip

awesome

bad boomer trip
Did he roll with the boomers? That can be a synergistic dirtnap cocktail.

awesome

bad boomer trip
The Hippie Flip?

awesome

bad boomer trip
Not that I know of. But that is a good thing to know.

awesome

bad boomer trip
Not that I know of. But that is a good thing to know.
Can also be a synergistic blissful experience.

For a show that sounded pretty darn tight overall, I'm suprised they crapped the bed on Hood so bad. I wasn't really impressed with Bouncin' either. YEM had it's moments, but wasn't one of the better tunes of the night imo, although the ending was great. I'm sure they'll work out the kinks (and maybe there was a bit of fatigue going on, they were all towards the end of the show). No doubt, though, it would have still been amazing to be at from the video that is out there.

Users who are viewing this thread