What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Darien gone in 4 minutes. Nothing for this guy again.
Jebis.I am starting to wonder if I'll be able to get shorline tix on sunday.
The only Phish show I'd even gotten shut out of was Radio City back in '00. Since they've come back I've gotten shut out of every single show I've tried (Lottery, phone and innertubes all producing nothing). If I don't get SPAC tix at 1, I'm not seeing them this summer which is a bit of a bummer.

Darien gone in 4 minutes. Nothing for this guy again.
Jebis.I am starting to wonder if I'll be able to get shorline tix on sunday.
The only Phish show I'd even gotten shut out of was Radio City back in '00. Since they've come back I've gotten shut out of every single show I've tried (Lottery, phone and innertubes all producing nothing). If I don't get SPAC tix at 1, I'm not seeing them this summer which is a bit of a bummer.
If I'm only going to see one show this summer, I'm not averse to going to the black market (ie stubhub or something) to get a ticket, provided it's reasonably priced.

SPAC is 25K, should be easier.

also, one of my buds got MPP tix 10 min after on sale because he kept trying. Remember that some people that pull tix right away will get kicked out and the tix will go back in the system... keep trying until it says sold out!

Sigmund Bloom said:
I hear you... things just have a way of working out on tour. Just seems different now unless you have some sort of in or really terrific luck. Stubhub has over 1000 tickets for some of the summer shows. I think the scalper economy around these tickets is bigger than the one generated by the face value of the tickets.
:ptts:The scalpers will eat quite a few tickets on game day. Doesn't change the promoter/band thoughts around it, though - they still sold out every show in seconds and will have full houses everywhere. It will get significantly easier to land tickets by the time the novelty wears off, which should be sometime after NYE '09>'10. I'd guess a year from now it'll be relatively easy to get Phish tix.

Got in line at Shoreline today with around 150 other people. Told the show was "sold out" when we were literally next in line at the ticket window.

Luckily, I was able to get 2 lawn seats via telephone while waiting in line, and the wife was able to get one using the innertubes.

snitwitch said:
Got in line at Shoreline today with around 150 other people. Told the show was "sold out" when we were literally next in line at the ticket window.Luckily, I was able to get 2 lawn seats via telephone while waiting in line, and the wife was able to get one using the innertubes.
:mellow:

I hear you... things just have a way of working out on tour. Just seems different now unless you have some sort of in or really terrific luck. Stubhub has over 1000 tickets for some of the summer shows. I think the scalper economy around these tickets is bigger than the one generated by the face value of the tickets.
:thumbup:The scalpers will eat quite a few tickets on game day. Doesn't change the promoter/band thoughts around it, though - they still sold out every show in seconds and will have full houses everywhere.
The problem with Phish tix is that they are priced at a point that is great for scalpers. Phish may have full houses everywhere but not everyone is going to have a $49 ticket. A lot of people will pay significantly more than that because the scalpers ate so many.

I really know about 2 phish songs

bouncing round the room and sample in a jar

i have heard other stuff but nothing i really know

i have access to a lot of their music though

what should i start listening too

either a few songs or a CD tha would get me hooked

I'll hang up and listen

I'll hang up and listen
I'd start with A Live One. Gives you a taste of what their live stuff, which is what they're known for, is like.

I'll hang up and listen
http://www.nugs.net/or just Youtube some stuff

I'll hang up and listen
http://www.nugs.net/or just Youtube some stuff
if it is something i can throw on my pod i can listen whilst driving, which is betterthat way i can focus on the music instead of the road!

I'll hang up and listen
I'd start with A Live One. Gives you a taste of what their live stuff, which is what they're known for, is like.
i have that one!

I'll hang up and listen
i have that one!
Good?

I'll hang up and listen
i have that one!
Good?
dunnonever listened

i, shall we say, acquired their discography sometime ago and just never knew where to start

SO I'll start where you suggested

I'll hang up and listen
i have that one!
Good?
dunnonever listened

i, shall we say, acquired their discography sometime ago and just never knew where to start

SO I'll start where you suggested
Here's a link to the vast majority of Phish shows ever played, minus ones that we released as live albums at retail:http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df6g39wq_2dc...btr=EmailImport

I say ignore their studio discography and instead explore their live work. Phish is not a great studio band.

Here's a link to the vast majority of Phish shows ever played, minus ones that we released as live albums at retail:

http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=df6g39wq_2dc...btr=EmailImport

I say ignore their studio discography and instead explore their live work. Phish is not a great studio band.
We're sorry, but xxxxxxt@gmail.com does not have access to this document.You are signed in as xxxxxxxxt@gmail.com, but that email account hasn't been granted permission to this document.

Please sign in as a different user or request access to this document.

Find out more about this topic at the Google Docs Help Center.

Here's a link to the vast majority of Phish shows ever played, minus ones that we released as live albums at retail:

We're sorry, but xxxxxxt@gmail.com does not have access to this document.You are signed in as xxxxxxxxt@gmail.com, but that email account hasn't been granted permission to this document.

Must be because I clicked into it from an email.Try this: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p8W...ff6EQ&gid=7

by the way, the fact that there isn't an "Alman Bros in NYC" thread getting mad love around here the last month is a telling sign about our NYC FBGs. Those sets look outstanding. I'm listening to 3/23 right now.

Must be because I clicked into it from an email.Try this: http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p8W...ff6EQ&gid=7
sickthanks

Although not as bad as the rap they get. It just doesn't match up with the spontaneity of the live gig.
Of course, they are 10X better live, which detracts from their studio works, but Rift and Junta are awesome studio recordings.

by the way, the fact that there isn't an "Alman Bros in NYC" thread getting mad love around here the last month is a telling sign about our NYC FBGs. Those sets look outstanding. I'm listening to 3/23 right now.
ABB plus Panic, from August through October, announced today . . .

ABB plus Panic, from August through October, announced today . . .
Yep. The Dallas/Houston shows are on a Fri/Sat. Screw dropping $500 for one Phish show; I can see 2 Panic/ABB shows + flight + hotel for 500 and have a fun weekend in Texas for that.

For the love of Christ. I'm not that guy listening to booties everyday but that sheet is impressive. It's got it all. Does one of these exist for the Dead?
I dunno about the Dead, though I would LOVE to see such a thing.I'm just starting to delve into this phish list now. I'm interested in hearing shows I was at along with tapes I used to listen to the #### out of.

For the love of Christ. I'm not that guy listening to booties everyday but that sheet is impressive. It's got it all. Does one of these exist for the Dead?
I dunno about the Dead, though I would LOVE to see such a thing.I'm just starting to delve into this phish list now. I'm interested in hearing shows I was at along with tapes I used to listen to the #### out of.
Yeah, totally, Where'd you find this?

Yeah, totally, Where'd you find this?
A buddy emailed it to me, subject line: Rid-IcculusThe shows I've tried to download have all come off without a hitch. This is some good ####.

A buddy emailed it to me, subject line: Rid-IcculusThe shows I've tried to download have all come off without a hitch. This is some good ####.
I just DL'd the Hampton 1995 show. I'm going to share something with you...craziest thing I ever witnessed in my life. Before that show I met this cat Jay in the Mcd's parking lot near the La Quinta hotel where I was staying. He sees me walk by and flags me over. He's inside an old model black Mercedes. Reddish hair with a jew fro. So I get in the car and we proceed to blow back a bag of molly while listening to the Jackson 5...no less than a gram. I'm lit like a Christmas tree and I run into my tour partner J-Dog. He's all "let's get spun". I let him know I'm as high as a man can get but he pushes. We run into this little South American hippie girl we know who gives us a few biscuits. We eat them. My eyes are literally fluttering, teeth chattering and my face is twitching a bit. I decide not to eat any trips.At the set break we're all sitting near the back of the joint....like 40 of us. I feel like I'm going to die. My stomach is boiling. I feel like that scene from Alien and for one of the first times in my life I'm nervous. I get up uncomfortably and someone notices. I say "I think I'm going to go to the bathroom and die now". No one takes me seriously (some things never change). So I get to the bathroom and my stomach is boiling and burning. I get into a stall and induce vomiting. I'm staring into the toilet as little tiny hot pink and sky blue stars cover the surface of the toilet. At this point I'm going a little crazy and start touching them to see if they are real. As I touch them they dissipate. They have a soft creamy texture like lucky charms marshmallows. I shut the stall and run into the hallway for a second and grab this kid Charlie and show him the stars in the toilet...they were there. This was not a trip. I told him they came out of my stomach and he just looked at me all glazed over, spun. I still felt terrible and layed on the floor in the hallway. Harry Hood came on and I began to feel better. It brought me right out of it. I'm listening to that Hood right now...it's sick.I know I sound like a wack job but this happened. I've googled blue and pink stars, puked stars, everything trying to find someone else this has happened to. No dice. I've got a lot of crazy stories from the road.

I just DL'd the Hampton 1995 show. I'm going to share something with you...craziest thing I ever witnessed in my life. Before that show I met this cat Jay in the Mcd's parking lot near the La Quinta hotel where I was staying. He sees me walk by and flags me over. He's inside an old model black Mercedes. Reddish hair with a jew fro. So I get in the car and we proceed to blow back a bag of molly while listening to the Jackson 5...no less than a gram. I'm lit like a Christmas tree and I run into my tour partner J-Dog. He's all "let's get spun". I let him know I'm as high as a man can get but he pushes. We run into this little South American hippie girl we know who gives us a few biscuits. We eat them. My eyes are literally fluttering, teeth chattering and my face is twitching a bit. I decide not to eat any trips.At the set break we're all sitting near the back of the joint....like 40 of us. I feel like I'm going to die. My stomach is boiling. I feel like that scene from Alien and for one of the first times in my life I'm nervous. I get up uncomfortably and someone notices. I say "I think I'm going to go to the bathroom and die now". No one takes me seriously (some things never change). So I get to the bathroom and my stomach is boiling and burning. I get into a stall and induce vomiting. I'm staring into the toilet as little tiny hot pink and sky blue stars cover the surface of the toilet. At this point I'm going a little crazy and start touching them to see if they are real. As I touch them they dissipate. They have a soft creamy texture like lucky charms marshmallows. I shut the stall and run into the hallway for a second and grab this kid Charlie and show him the stars in the toilet...they were there. This was not a trip. I told him they came out of my stomach and he just looked at me all glazed over, spun. I still felt terrible and layed on the floor in the hallway. Harry Hood came on and I began to feel better. It brought me right out of it. I'm listening to that Hood right now...it's sick.I know I sound like a wack job but this happened. I've googled blue and pink stars, puked stars, everything trying to find someone else this has happened to. No dice. I've got a lot of crazy stories from the road.
What are "biscuits"?

What are "biscuits"?
Disco biscuits - Dirty MDMA that comes in wafers. Finishing the hood now. Show me a better climax...absolutely ripper.

:shock:Rough month for me but, I decided to go to the Beacon the last night and try to get a ticket.... Scalper Tickets were $175+ and people were yelling about fakes all over the place...Didn't get in.Heard the Clapton show was insane.

Wow. Sound quality good on most of these?

Wow. Sound quality good on most of these?
From what I can gather. the guy tries to get soundboard recordings when available. The 2 shows I've downloaded were both pretty high quality -- audience recordings from the early 90s.

Users who are viewing this thread