What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

A lot of rumblings that Phish is going to be a doing a special show at Fenway Park in Boston this summer.
Welcome to last week. You didn't get the email alert?
Announcement is coming today if anyone cares and aren't getting whatever email alert this guy is talking about.
update?
It's onA limited number of tickets for the upcoming Phish shows are now beingoffered through our secure online ticketing system via a ticketrequest period.5/31/09 Fenway Park, Boston MA – $49.50 Reserved6/2/09 Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY – $49.50 ReservedYou may request up to four tickets for the Fenway Park show and twotickets for the Jones Beach show

Haraldur said:
A lot of rumblings that Phish is going to be a doing a special show at Fenway Park in Boston this summer.
Welcome to last week. You didn't get the email alert?
Announcement is coming today if anyone cares and aren't getting whatever email alert this guy is talking about.
update?
It's onA limited number of tickets for the upcoming Phish shows are now beingoffered through our secure online ticketing system via a ticketrequest period.5/31/09 Fenway Park, Boston MA – $49.50 Reserved6/2/09 Nikon at Jones Beach Theater, Wantagh, NY – $49.50 ReservedYou may request up to four tickets for the Fenway Park show and twotickets for the Jones Beach show
:shrug: Here we go again.. JB.Why is it limited though, so they can offer the rest on their other sites adn to scalpers?Also - I wonder if they will just add a Wed show to JB and just fill out the week.

do you think requesting 4 tickets for fenway makes you more likely to get none? if i really want 2, wouldn't i be better off asking for 4 in the hopes of at least getting a half-order filled? do they do this?

do you think requesting 4 tickets for fenway makes you more likely to get none? if i really want 2, wouldn't i be better off asking for 4 in the hopes of at least getting a half-order filled? do they do this?
no, they do not do this. If they sold them all out except two seats and you were next in line to get tix, they would see your order was for 4, reject your order and then, give them to the next person with a 2 order in the queue.

Just found a buddy on Facebook I haven't seen since NYE at MSG in 98. He said he's got Darien and SPAC tickets for me. Also possibly Jones Beach and Fenway. Pretty cool...might just bite the bullet and by an overpriced 4 day pass to Red Rocks. Haven't tripped since the 90's but I'm thinking I might have to take this show on the road if you know what I mean.

:goodposting:

Just found a buddy on Facebook I haven't seen since NYE at MSG in 98. He said he's got Darien and SPAC tickets for me. Also possibly Jones Beach and Fenway. Pretty cool...might just bite the bullet and by an overpriced 4 day pass to Red Rocks. Haven't tripped since the 90's but I'm thinking I might have to take this show on the road if you know what I mean. :(
Planning something similar for the late night set at Bonnaroo. That one could be EPIC.

Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :goodposting:

Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :goodposting:
Oh cut the ####. Give me a fair price on the Fenways.

Finless said:
Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :thumbup:
could probably be arranged. what's fair price for 4 seats on the field?

Finless said:
Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :no:
Face value.Anything else = Helping support a screwed up game of making money off tickets meant for fans :shrug:

Finless said:
Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :shrug:
Face value.Anything else = Helping support a screwed up game of making money off tickets meant for fans :moneybag:
I feel you. But why are people who would pay more for the seats not "real fans"? I'm in the middle on this one.

Finless said:
Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :bag:
Face value.Anything else = Helping support a screwed up game of making money off tickets meant for fans :thumbdown:
:bs:

Finless said:
Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :bag:
Face value.Anything else = Helping support a screwed up game of making money off tickets meant for fans :thumbdown:
:bs:
uh-oh. They guy who hooked up a brother with face value Phish tix in the past shows up. :bag: :bag:

Finless said:
Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :bs:
Where are the JB tickets?Seems like prices have come down for JB, the added show might have helped.... Maybe they climb again as we get closer?

Finless said:
Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :lmao:
Where are the JB tickets?Seems like prices have come down for JB, the added show might have helped.... Maybe they climb again as we get closer?
Who knows. I was actually planning on making a week out of it, but wifey wanted a relaxing vaca instead. I leave for Maui Saturday and want to mail these tix out before I leave. Jones Beach seats are in Section 2, row KK.Didn't even think about this thread until is was bumped yesterday. :sadbanana:

Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :thumbup:
Face value.Anything else = Helping support a screwed up game of making money off tickets meant for fans :confused:
I feel you. But why are people who would pay more for the seats not "real fans"? I'm in the middle on this one.
They should not have to pay more than face value. Those that do (or better "can") hurt the fan base as much as those that put their tickets up for bid.There is no middle on this one.

If you ask for over face, you're a scalper and contributing to the problem.

If you pay over face, you're supporting scalpers and are just as bad as the scalpers.

Just my opinion, of course.

If you ask for over face, you're a scalper and contributing to the problem.If you pay over face, you're supporting scalpers and are just as bad as the scalpers.Just my opinion, of course.
Bit more than opinion. The numbers alone supports your claim.Nevertheless, as long as scalping is "legal" this kind of crap will continue.

i'll go against the norm and say that i'd gladly pay over face for a guaranteed ticket. I know it's not "cool" but I'd do it. Supply and Demand at it's purest form. Longer you wait, the less you're likely to pay for a ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had to cancel my east coast Phish trip so my 4 Fenway tix and 2 Jones Beach tix are on eBay. I feel dirty, but none of my peeps were going, so I couldn't get rid of them for face. :lmao:
You want these 2 Jones Beach tix, for face? I'm heading out of town tomorrow, so need to know quickly before I make other arrangements. Let me know.

TG, If you want to sell two Fenway Phish tix at face, I would be more than interested. Let me know. I got shut out of the mail order and I definately want to go.

I can paypal, cut you a check, either way.

TG, If you want to sell two Fenway Phish tix at face, I would be more than interested. Let me know. I got shut out of the mail order and I definately want to go.I can paypal, cut you a check, either way.
Sorry JTC, those Fenway tix are gone.Still have 2 for Jones Beach that are yours for face if you're interested. Or anyone else for that matter.Let me know. Section 2

TG, If you want to sell two Fenway Phish tix at face, I would be more than interested. Let me know. I got shut out of the mail order and I definately want to go.I can paypal, cut you a check, either way.
Sorry JTC, those Fenway tix are gone.Still have 2 for Jones Beach that are yours for face if you're interested. Or anyone else for that matter.Let me know. Section 2
Jones Beach tix still available?

yep. yours for face if you want them. Prolly need to fed ex them to you today, so that you get them monday.let me know.

yep. yours for face if you want them. Prolly need to fed ex them to you today, so that you get them monday.let me know.
You're the man!Psyched!

At least I don't have to worry about a conflict of interest on June 18th. Pretty sure Game 7 of the NBA finals in Cleveland would have trumped Phish. On to Burgetstown or whatever it's called.

Tonight so far:

Star Spangled Banner*, Sample In a Jar, The Moma Dance -> Chalkdust Torture > Ocelot**, Stash***, Bouncing Around The Room > Poor Heart, Limb By Limb, Wading In The Velvet Sea > Down With Disease, Destiny Unbound, Character Zero

(8:17 Setbreak)

Set 2:

8:45 pm

Tweezer# > Light** > Bathtub Gin, David Bowie, Time Turns Elastic**, Let's Go Pink Sux Chant > Free, The Ballad Of Curtis Lowe**** > You Enjoy Myself

* A Capella, ** First Time Played, *** W/Take Me Out To The Ballgame Teases, **** Last Time Played 1993-08-02

Wonder how TTE was.

Destiny freaking Unbound.Please play that sometime this weekend.
Anyone getting together this week - I'll hopefully be in the lot by 6pm on Thurs!!!I enter from Ocean Parkway and like making a right, parking about 15-20 rows towards the theater - there's a bathroom not far from there and easy exit later!!

Pretty much a ripping show last night. Set 2 was better than Set 1 IMO but I wasn't crazy about the new tunes in set 2. Ocelot set 1 was great though and the phans seemed to like the Time Turns Elastic (which was more of a SUITE) in set two, but I didn't get anywhere with it. Maybe it will grow on me. The "Free" out of Time Turns Elastic was awesome!! They didn't spend enough time on Bowie, sort of a letdown because that can be a great jam. Stash first set was phantastic.

I did not recognize Destiny Unbound or Curtis Loew (skynyrd cover) but I guess they hadn't been played in a while. Gotta say Destiny didn't really do anything for me.

I think Workhorse stated that the sound at Fenway sucks, yes it does.

Bought tix day of show at the box office, got hooked up with EMC Club. Pretty good for game day score. Bartender was filling my glass with straight vodka and didn't rip my face off with the price. No lines at the bar, much better than the mob scene downstairs!! We were up high above everything with a dead center view of the stage. The stage was a little far away but aside from that, it was roomy and the EMC section was rocking. Really no complaints!!

The YEM closer was very tight and the encore Cavern>Good Times Bad Times>Tweezer Reprise was a hell of a way to end the show. They really ripped Good Times Bad Times, best I've ever heard them play it.

I took some photos outside the show, pregame. Not bad, I will try to do better at Great Woods this weekend. Pregame Crowd Photos

Last edited by a moderator:
JC, looked to be about 3.5 hours? Can't wait to see how they crush Jones Beach.
A little under that I think but am a little fuzzy on the time. They went on close to 7 and I think it was 10:15 or so when it ended.
Wow, sounds early. Doesn't leave a lot of lot time for the after-work people.
seeing how it was a Sunday show perhaps they weren't all that worried about the after-work crowd

Users who are viewing this thread