What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Deer Creek looked so-so, my buddies I am hooking up with today where there last night so I will get the low down from them.

Alpine tonight baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Deer Creek looked so-so, my buddies I am hooking up with today where there last night so I will get the low down from them.Alpine tonight baby!!!!!!!!!!!
You in Minny yet?
Yes, well no, I am in Wisconsin right now getting ready for Phish tonight!!!!But yes, I am officially living in MN. South of Inver Hills actually, but I can be anywhere downtown in 20 minutes!!
Enjoy the show.Saw them out in Alpine Valley a few times in the mid 90's. Love that venue.

Deer Creek looked so-so, my buddies I am hooking up with today where there last night so I will get the low down from them.Alpine tonight baby!!!!!!!!!!!
You in Minny yet?
Yes, well no, I am in Wisconsin right now getting ready for Phish tonight!!!!But yes, I am officially living in MN. South of Inver Hills actually, but I can be anywhere downtown in 20 minutes!!
Enjoy the show.Saw them out in Alpine Valley a few times in the mid 90's. Love that venue.
Thanks!Why are you not here?

I know this is pretty last minute but I have 2 tix for tonight and tomorrow to alpine valley. also have a camp site reserved.

if anyone lives around the chicago area and wants the tix i'll take whatever you want to offer for them. just don't want the tix to go to waste, i'd rather someone enjoy the shows.

shoot me a pm.

I dl'd a taper's copy of 6/20/09 at Alpine Valley. Wow, this sounds like the best show of the tour to me.

The Maze literally gave me chills, just sick.

Gonna make sure I hit a couple of shows on the next tour. Hartford and Saratoga Springs will be definates. My friend is trying to get me to fly out to the west coast for the Shoreline show but as of now, I don't think I can pull that together. Too bad, I have had some good crazy times at Shoreline in the past.

Who's going to the Gorge? Any extras?

There is a chance I'll be flying through Seattle 8/7 for work and I might be able to rig this to my benefit. Not sure though.

Who's going to the Gorge? Any extras?There is a chance I'll be flying through Seattle 8/7 for work and I might be able to rig this to my benefit. Not sure though.
There were tons of extras as the tour went to the midwest. If you go, im sure you'll find tickets.

The second set of Deer Creek is the best so far. Unreal. The Tweezer>2001 is sickness.
ASIHTOS>Drowned>Twist is also the heat. They went deeper in DC set II than they did in any other set I saw. The weather delay got everyone pumped for what was to come, and the band delivered.Star Lake was a blast. LOOOOONG show. A real fun show including: Golgi opener for all the people who were holding up tickets trying to give them away on the lot (I saw youuuuuuu), Divided Sky at sunset, Walk Away (my first in 125 shows!), A Treyriffic Wolfman's jam, a funky-### Tube jam, and RIPPING YEM. Bowie was a mess, I think Trey almost wanted to abort it. The encore was hilarious, Trey promised Fish would sing Bike if they screwed up Hello My Baby, and they all cracked up about 20 seconds in and just went straight to the instruments for Bike. Deer Creek had a very strong first set, Fluff was flawless through most of the composed parts, although Trey missed the build to the final jam.Listening to Alpine on tape, there's some moments, but like Star Lake, it has its share of flubs that take you out of the moment. Im planning on going back through the whole tour and listening/writing reviews, but so far I'd have to say sets/jams of the tour include:6/2 Hood6/4 Ghost, Drowned>Meatstick6/5 Set II6/7 Sand, Tweezer6/9 Ghost>FEFY6/12 Hood>Highway to Hell>2001>YEM>Wilson>YEM (!!!)6/14 Rock N Roll>Light6/18 Wolfman's, Tube, YEM6/19 Set IIstill have to digest alpine and the fox.They (Trey) still have a long way to go to even get close to where they were, but that's actually got me excited because it means the best is yet to come, and every show still had moments that more than made the trip worth it. I am a little sad that most of the bustouts were pretty sloppy, which took the edge off the excitement of hearing the rarity. I really don't like Trey's "home" tone right now (on tour everyone is calling it the "whale call"), he's relying on it way too often and it is killing jams. In Deer Creek Tweezer he sat back and played a funk groove for a while - it was glorious, fall 97 cow phunk - then he went back to the whale call and everything went pffffft. Still, he's having his hose moments (6/5 Dwd and Twist>Oye Como Va and 6/18 Wolfman's come to mind), and slowly but surely he will get his mojo back.

The second set of Deer Creek is the best so far. Unreal. The Tweezer>2001 is sickness.
ASIHTOS>Drowned>Twist is also the heat. They went deeper in DC set II than they did in any other set I saw. The weather delay got everyone pumped for what was to come, and the band delivered.Star Lake was a blast. LOOOOONG show. A real fun show including: Golgi opener for all the people who were holding up tickets trying to give them away on the lot (I saw youuuuuuu), Divided Sky at sunset, Walk Away (my first in 125 shows!), A Treyriffic Wolfman's jam, a funky-### Tube jam, and RIPPING YEM. Bowie was a mess, I think Trey almost wanted to abort it. The encore was hilarious, Trey promised Fish would sing Bike if they screwed up Hello My Baby, and they all cracked up about 20 seconds in and just went straight to the instruments for Bike.

Deer Creek had a very strong first set, Fluff was flawless through most of the composed parts, although Trey missed the build to the final jam.

Listening to Alpine on tape, there's some moments, but like Star Lake, it has its share of flubs that take you out of the moment. Im planning on going back through the whole tour and listening/writing reviews, but so far I'd have to say sets/jams of the tour include:

6/2 Hood

6/4 Ghost, Drowned>Meatstick

6/5 Set II

6/7 Sand, Tweezer

6/9 Ghost>FEFY

6/12 Hood>Highway to Hell>2001>YEM>Wilson>YEM (!!!)

6/14 Rock N Roll>Light

6/18 Wolfman's, Tube, YEM

6/19 Set II

still have to digest alpine and the fox.

They (Trey) still have a long way to go to even get close to where they were, but that's actually got me excited because it means the best is yet to come, and every show still had moments that more than made the trip worth it. I am a little sad that most of the bustouts were pretty sloppy, which took the edge off the excitement of hearing the rarity. I really don't like Trey's "home" tone right now (on tour everyone is calling it the "whale call"), he's relying on it way too often and it is killing jams. In Deer Creek Tweezer he sat back and played a funk groove for a while - it was glorious, fall 97 cow phunk - then he went back to the whale call and everything went pffffft. Still, he's having his hose moments (6/5 Dwd and Twist>Oye Como Va and 6/18 Wolfman's come to mind), and slowly but surely he will get his mojo back.
:lol: ETA: What is this exactly, some type of wah-wah / effects pedal?

Last edited by a moderator:
ASIHTOS>Drowned>Twist is also the heat. They went deeper in DC set II than they did in any other set I saw. The weather delay got everyone pumped for what was to come, and the band delivered.Star Lake was a blast. LOOOOONG show. A real fun show including: Golgi opener for all the people who were holding up tickets trying to give them away on the lot (I saw youuuuuuu), Divided Sky at sunset, Walk Away (my first in 125 shows!), A Treyriffic Wolfman's jam, a funky-### Tube jam, and RIPPING YEM. Bowie was a mess, I think Trey almost wanted to abort it. The encore was hilarious, Trey promised Fish would sing Bike if they screwed up Hello My Baby, and they all cracked up about 20 seconds in and just went straight to the instruments for Bike.

Deer Creek had a very strong first set, Fluff was flawless through most of the composed parts, although Trey missed the build to the final jam.

Listening to Alpine on tape, there's some moments, but like Star Lake, it has its share of flubs that take you out of the moment. Im planning on going back through the whole tour and listening/writing reviews, but so far I'd have to say sets/jams of the tour include:

6/2 Hood

6/4 Ghost, Drowned>Meatstick

6/5 Set II

6/7 Sand, Tweezer

6/9 Ghost>FEFY

6/12 Hood>Highway to Hell>2001>YEM>Wilson>YEM (!!!)

6/14 Rock N Roll>Light

6/18 Wolfman's, Tube, YEM

6/19 Set II

still have to digest alpine and the fox.

They (Trey) still have a long way to go to even get close to where they were, but that's actually got me excited because it means the best is yet to come, and every show still had moments that more than made the trip worth it. I am a little sad that most of the bustouts were pretty sloppy, which took the edge off the excitement of hearing the rarity. I really don't like Trey's "home" tone right now (on tour everyone is calling it the "whale call"), he's relying on it way too often and it is killing jams. In Deer Creek Tweezer he sat back and played a funk groove for a while - it was glorious, fall 97 cow phunk - then he went back to the whale call and everything went pffffft. Still, he's having his hose moments (6/5 Dwd and Twist>Oye Como Va and 6/18 Wolfman's come to mind), and slowly but surely he will get his mojo back.
:thumbup: ETA: What is this exactly, some type of wah-wah / effects pedal?
I think it's a whammy pedal, but I'm no guitar gearhead.Listening to star lake encore again - classic silly phish moment. I dont think Fishman was happy that Trey put him on the spot like that he said "welcome to the trainwreck portion of the show, glad you are enjoying it as much as we are. maybe ill remember some of the words to this song" when he stepped to the mic.

"Thank you, thank you, you're too kind, too darned kind, too damned kind. I can't even believe you're here!". The crowd went nuts during back intros, and Fishman then introduced himself as Henrietta for the first time in many many years, and said thank you for coming to our show about eight times, the last time in a jerry lewis voice while spun around upside side down and singing up into the mic from underneath it. We love you Fishman.

Mike also introduced Trey as "Sweetie Pie on guitar" during the DC first set.

Listen to the Sunday Alpine show. Everyone came out of that show saying it was the best of the tour so far; those that have been following them anyway. I can say this, Fishman is a God!I don't know what some want from Phish, but I know I am in the camp of not wanting them to sound like they used to altogether, and rather, see if they can become something new. I think Bloom is being a bit uber critical. But then, aren't all critics?

Best weekend of the year so far, hands down!!

Who's going to the Gorge? Any extras?There is a chance I'll be flying through Seattle 8/7 for work and I might be able to rig this to my benefit. Not sure though.
There were tons of extras as the tour went to the midwest. If you go, im sure you'll find tickets.
On the last night at Alpine they were sticking free tickets in the fence right before you went into the venue. I have some pics I will try to get up, there were like 20 tickets there for the taking. Who would have thought it, too many miracles!! Bottom line, people bought a bunch of tickets hoping to make a profit and lost money. I say good, #### um!! That being said, I am betting you can get Gorge tixs, that place is huge and I know most of the tickets bought were more than likely by these same idiots, so don't pay more than $10, and if you really got guts just go and wait for a miracle, them seem pretty easy to come by these days.

Listening to star lake encore again - classic silly phish moment. I dont think Fishman was happy that Trey put him on the spot like that he said "welcome to the trainwreck portion of the show, glad you are enjoying it as much as we are. maybe ill remember some of the words to this song" when he stepped to the mic. "Thank you, thank you, you're too kind, too darned kind, too damned kind. I can't even believe you're here!". The crowd went nuts during back intros, and Fishman then introduced himself as Henrietta for the first time in many many years, and said thank you for coming to our show about eight times, the last time in a jerry lewis voice while spun around upside side down and singing up into the mic from underneath it. We love you Fishman.
Loved every second of it. It was awesome. I liken his voice at the end to a dirty carnival promoter or something like that, haha.I'm still working thru the show again and want to make some comments, but I notice you didn't mention Divided Sky besides the sunset comment. Maybe they've done it better on this tour, I don't know. But man, I thought it was great! I listened to it today above the clouds at 30k, or whatever cruising altitude was, and I was getting da chills.

Listening to star lake encore again - classic silly phish moment. I dont think Fishman was happy that Trey put him on the spot like that he said "welcome to the trainwreck portion of the show, glad you are enjoying it as much as we are. maybe ill remember some of the words to this song" when he stepped to the mic. "Thank you, thank you, you're too kind, too darned kind, too damned kind. I can't even believe you're here!". The crowd went nuts during back intros, and Fishman then introduced himself as Henrietta for the first time in many many years, and said thank you for coming to our show about eight times, the last time in a jerry lewis voice while spun around upside side down and singing up into the mic from underneath it. We love you Fishman.
Loved every second of it. It was awesome. I liken his voice at the end to a dirty carnival promoter or something like that, haha.I'm still working thru the show again and want to make some comments, but I notice you didn't mention Divided Sky besides the sunset comment. Maybe they've done it better on this tour, I don't know. But man, I thought it was great! I listened to it today above the clouds at 30k, or whatever cruising altitude was, and I was getting da chills.
Divided Sky has been fantastic, almost flawless every time and soaring as always. It's the song that first really pulled me in the first time I heard Junta. I saw it at Jones Beach and Star Lake and both were perfect - I have always felt that song is asking "Is it going to be ok?" and the resolution in Trey's riff in the end section of the song says "Yes, it's going to be ok".

Listen to the Sunday Alpine show. Everyone came out of that show saying it was the best of the tour so far; those that have been following them anyway. I can say this, Fishman is a God!I don't know what some want from Phish, but I know I am in the camp of not wanting them to sound like they used to altogether, and rather, see if they can become something new. I think Bloom is being a bit uber critical. But then, aren't all critics?

I am definitely on the critical side of the crowd right now, only because I can tell that most of the catalog is not in play right now, and the jamming style and directions are also limited. That being said, yes, best nights of the year, hands down, no place I'd rather be.

I am definitely on the critical side of the crowd right now, only because I can tell that most of the catalog is not in play right now, and the jamming style and directions are also limited. That being said, yes, best nights of the year, hands down, no place I'd rather be.
Fair enough. I really wanted to hear BBFCFM, and thought I might get it when they went into Policeman, but no go.No complaints on my part however. And that new song they closed the first set with second night was sick, just sick.

What is your read on this? From glancing at the setlists, I see a lot of repeats, but am hard pressed to think of a large number of classic or huge tunes they haven't played yet. There seems to be an all together lack of "narration" type songs (harpua, icculus, col forbin->mockingbird) thus far, unless I'm mistaken?

The track listing for Joy is as follows:

1. Twenty Years Later

2. Backwards Down the Number Line

3. Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan

4. Light

5. Joy

6. Sugar Shack

7. Ocelot

8. Kill Devil Falls

9. I've Been Around

10. Time Turns Elastic

The track listing for Joy is as follows:1. Twenty Years Later2. Backwards Down the Number Line3. Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan4. Light5. Joy6. Sugar Shack7. Ocelot8. Kill Devil Falls9. I've Been Around10. Time Turns Elastic
They closed the first set on the second night at Alpine with Time Turns Elastic.Sick I tell you, just sick.

The track listing for Joy is as follows:1. Twenty Years Later2. Backwards Down the Number Line3. Stealing Time From the Faulty Plan4. Light5. Joy6. Sugar Shack7. Ocelot8. Kill Devil Falls9. I've Been Around10. Time Turns Elastic
They closed the first set on the second night at Alpine with Time Turns Elastic.Sick I tell you, just sick.
A little sad no Alaska. I dig that tune. That is new, right?

new for phish, it's a trey band song - they were playing it on the 08 tour.Sugar Shack and 20 years later are the real sleepers. I think Ive been around is the only one they didnt play on the first leg of summer tour.

I would love to hear some Trey songs. Maybe next year. And Giant Country Horns would be cool!!p.s. Word on the street is that there will be four New Years Eve shows in Miami, so get your reservations!! And, there is talk of a Halloween show in S. Cal. That would be soooooooo cool. My buddy already has two rooms booked in Miami. Sweet.

new for phish, it's a trey band song - they were playing it on the 08 tour.Sugar Shack and 20 years later are the real sleepers. I think Ive been around is the only one they didnt play on the first leg of summer tour.
Ahh didn't know that. Thanks.

HALLOWEEN PHISH FESTIVAL!

Details to come, the big rumor is Empire Polo Grounds in Indio, CA site of Coachella.
hmmmm..........wondering if i should book a room....
I'm IN!!Booking as we speak . . .

ETA: booked for all three nights! My buddy was smart enough to book a room at the only hotel near Alpine, and it made our entire experience that much better. I have always wanted to see a Halloween show! :shrug: :shrug: :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have always wanted to see a Halloween show! :hot: :) :pickle:
I've seen 5 Halloween shows (Glens Falls, NY -1994- being the best of the bunch, IMO). It is something every Phish fan should see. The whole covering of an entire album is phenomenal.
I missed 96, but I was there for 94, 95, 98...Widespread is coming to Austin for Halloween, and I'm already taking one football weekend off, so I think I'll be sitting this one out , but I expect double spaced reports with bibliography from all FBG who are there.

Why 6/5/09 II was the set of the tour:

- The Down With Disease was the best example of good old machine gun Trey on the entire tour

- the segue into Twist was classic phish, each band member slowly weaving together the sounds they play in the song and a jam with a feel that is vaguely reminiscent of the song, and then all at once, BAM, we're in the song.

- the >Oye Como Va> jam is the stuff dreams are made of. Trey finds the sound that he wants and launches right into, none of the other band members miss a beat - page, fish, and mike all lock into the song instantly and they NAIL it, i mean they NAIL it better than they nailed a lot of their own songs. When phish can pull off a sandwich like this, it just unleashes the crowd energy (which in turn fuels them - the infinite rising energy loop that happens on THOSE nights). I've seen two or three others that compare (off the top of my head):

7/9/94 YEM>Frankenstein>YEM

8/7/96 Runaway Jim>Gypsy Queen>Runaway Jim

7/30/97 Bowie>Cities>Bowie

12/31/03 Chalkdust>Slave>Chalkdust (this one deserves more props).

Also Trey channels Santana, I mean he attacks the jam exactly the way Santana does with the same ferocity and brilliant searing guitar lines near the end of the OCV jam. We all know Santana is one of Trey's daddies when it comes to guitar heroics, and he also gave us the term "hose". It was like Trey was announcing "I'm BACK #####es!" Then the drop back into Twist is flawless and doesnt even leave you time to catch your breath. Much like Machine Gun Trey in DwD, the whole thing embodied exactly the kinds of moments that made you "get it" and keep coming back for more. Is there anything this band can't do?

- Ok so, Trey is a little rough in the very beginning of Piper, but again, they give you no time to recover, and man does the overdrive get turned on right away here. Then the jam takes a left turn into some frenetic fast-paced dark funk foggy stew. This isn't your older brother's Piper Jam. Straight Type II stuff here and played with a lot of urgency and without the whale call or bluesrock crutch that some of the other 09 summer jams have been stained by.

- The Piper Jam turns spacy and sparse in a whole band transition and drops into Backwards Down The Number Line, the freaking anthem of Phish 3.0. Ok, so you've got our attention with a rocketship of energy (Dwd>Twist>Oye Como Va>Twist>Piper>JAM), now you deliver the gospel. the whole band transistion is once again tight and smooth, like all of the jams and transitions so far in the set. The Phish that hooked us is one organism with 8 arms, 8 legs... you get it, not four distinct people, but one organism. There were lots of moments in just about every other show I saw this summer when the band felt like four people, out of synch or otherwise pulling in different directions, or lagging behind... just not having that "melting into one sound" feel. That just didn't really happen in this set. And once again, they gave us no time to catch our breath.

- The BDTNL jam is a nice groovy Dead-like jam with a victorious, happy feel. It kept the energy going - and it's a good thing it did, it was pouring rain in about 55 degree weather the whole time.

- and it drops into Free. Again no time to catch our breath. There was something glorious about Trey's strutting lead line of this song with the lights moving through the rain. It was seismic. We are more than 30 minutes into the set, and they have not let up yet (nor has the rain, which started on cue when they came out). We've had some machine gun trey, some funk, some tito puente, some deep jams, the message song of 09, and now we are just going to rock out. This kind of stretch of music is what keeps us coming back, like 12/29/03 Rock N Roll>Twist>Boogie On Reggae Woman>Ghost>Free. Funny that both runs end with Free. This is a no-messing-around heavy ### Free, and we finally come up for air about 40 minutes into the set.

- I dig Twenty Years Later as much as any of the new songs. Page and Trey's harmony and vocal interplay is terrific. There's some real catchy combos of musical and vocal melodies, too. I know the chorus seems a little cheesy, but it's still a good snapshot of where they are right now, and the composed musical sections are fantastic, particularly after the last "we all start out small". Some dark, descending, thick, heavy rocking out, and I like what Trey does with the "inside this silence see, all are free, all are free second time around" (how good does it feel to him to sing that line?!). The jam continues the deep dark feel, Trey is playing that slightly evil sound he has in "I saw it again" and anytime he wants to create a murky arena rock feel. Loved this tune, and it's always special to hear a good song the first time they play it.

- have I mentioned little to no whale call so far?

- and then.... they string out the last line for Fish to drop into 2001. Dance party in the rain Mofos!!!! and this is like a vintage 98 version when they started really milking the crap out of this song to get everyone's ### shaking (see also: 7/17/98) The band is still completely sharing one mind and I have to say this is a superior and funkier version than the Deer Creek version. Bonnaroo late night version is pretty sweet, but not quite as jammed out as this one. Trey is in top form, in the jam he is hittin the groove with the same feel and precision as always, which wasn't always true in the funkier songs this summer. Ok Trey does botch the build the second time around.

- Are you kidding? Slave out of 2001, again perfectly, with a ton of suspense because they stretch out that last note. Oh man hearing this come out of that 2001 was watching the sunrise as you're coming down from one of the best trips you've ever had (or at least what I imagine that would feel like :hot: ) . And yeah, of course, the jam was nailed and transmitted all of the infinite love that is contained in this song and therefore, the universe.

- Does it matter what the encore was? Day in the Life isn't bad. A lot of the most amazing sets had short but sweet encores that were pretty tame compared to Day in the life.

other contendahs:

Camden was more fun, and had the deeper odyessy-like jams in set II and the amazing encore, but it didnt flow and hold together like this one from beginning to end.

I wasn't at Asheville, but it sounds like the surrounding scene leading up to the show, and the special Fishman section in set I and a terrific intro section of set II were pretty tight too. It's definitely in the mix for best show, and set II is damned good, but not quite as tight and fiery as this one.

Knoxville set II has some flow, but not as sustained. It definitely has its moments though, and deserves a mention.

Bonnaroo late night set is freaking sick, Highway to Hell on rivals this set, and might be better, but the set as a whole doesn't make the grade the way this one does.

Deer Creek II is way deeper, and I understand if some would nominate this set. I was there, I'll always remember it, it was Phish greatness, but the band doesn't quite have the "one brain" feel, and there's also the presence of Let Me Lie. It's an amazing set, a true rarity, it's pretty much 1A, but the fact that it gets hyped a lot more, and this set has been overlooked a bit, so I feel I have to give it its propers.

I am making my Halloween prediction:

Phish will cover: Thriller

What do you think? Imagine Trey rippin' the solo from Beat It. Eddie who?

Wow, my buddy is all over this. Says they are going to have RV spots and that he already has a full sized RV reserved for that weekend. He is a freak, he also has rooms in Miami for New Years, which he assures me is a go.

Phish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, my buddy is all over this. Says they are going to have RV spots and that he already has a full sized RV reserved for that weekend. He is a freak, he also has rooms in Miami for New Years, which he assures me is a go.Phish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's sure Indio is the spot?

Wow, my buddy is all over this. Says they are going to have RV spots and that he already has a full sized RV reserved for that weekend. He is a freak, he also has rooms in Miami for New Years, which he assures me is a go.Phish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He's sure Indio is the spot?
He is convinced. He does have some weird hook up on the inside, he always seems to be ahead of the curve. I figure you have till October to cancel your reservation w/out charge, better safe than sorry IMO.

I am making my Halloween prediction:

Phish will cover: Thriller

What do you think? Imagine Trey rippin' the solo from Beat It. Eddie who?
Thriller was the album that ended up cutting off their first ever show 12/2/83Thriller was teased repeatedly leading up to the 1995 Halloween show, including at the beginning of the musical costume set

some observations from Star Lake, Deer Creek, and both Alpine shows.

the Pittsburgh show was clearly, obviously, undoubtedly the best of these ast 4 shows. the setlist was incredible and Trey's playing was as good as I've heard since 1996. he still has some kinks to work out, but quite the improvement over the past decade. well-played Guyute and YEM, Bowie, the list goes on.

As for Deer Creek: don't sleep on the Split Open and Melt. Trey's solo was so dirty, greasy, bad-### that i'm still trying to get clean. the lightning during the show was very cool and a little scary.

i had never been to alpine before--it is ludicrously large. i felt in danger at the front of the lawn so we moved to the sides. tickets were practically free, btw. 2nd set seemed to go on forever with some nice selections of Waste and Caspian. on the final night, set 1 was the balls with the brilliant Time Turns Elastic closer. i've often wondering if Phish had another YEM in them, and i think this might qualify. the Brother and Divided Sky also brought smiles.

i noticed little tweaks to many of their songs, most of which don't really seem to effect the song much. i can't say i like the new piper, though, with the 2 choruses very close to each other. the big build to the second chorus is gone. if Trey stays clean, this band can return to 1993 form with 16 years of "new" material to play as it was meant to be played.

getting psyched for Halloween already!

a theory that definitively puts the festival in Indio:

"Save the Date" is not just an instruction from Phish, it's the actual name of the festival.

99.5% of all dates grown in the US are grown in So Cal, and date palms flourish around Indio.

Makes sense to me, and it's a phishy thing to do, taboot (taboot)

Users who are viewing this thread