What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Shut out.

The show in Alpharetta is 10 minutes from my house and I'm faced with not being able to get tickets.

Unreal.

Starting with Hampton of 09 I have put in over 50 separate requests for mail order and have been shut out each time. This system sucks monkey balls. phish is the best band on the planet and probably of all time but they made a colossal blunder in disbanding the old mail order system. I put in 15 requests from 15 separate credit cards (friends and family) for Hampton last year and got left out. I put 10 requests for Telluride and the Greek and nothing. This just blows man. I have followed them since 92 and never until last year had an issue getting tickets. Now I will try the hopeless battle with Ticketmaster and become even more annoyed then I am now.

While I don't agree with everything about Pearl Jam's Ten Club ticketing policy, I like how the presales (sorta like this, but not a lottery system, more like a real presale) are just for "members". I'm sure alot of you would pay a measly $20 fee per year to basically be guaranteed tickets to the shows you want, besides the tough to get shows that everyone wants (like Telluride, MSG, etc). I wonder how many tiks Phish actually reserves per venue.

There has to be a way to have a database and get tickets to people who have requested multiple times in the past but, have been shut out.....

Starting with Hampton of 09 I have put in over 50 separate requests for mail order and have been shut out each time. This system sucks monkey balls. phish is the best band on the planet and probably of all time but they made a colossal blunder in disbanding the old mail order system. I put in 15 requests from 15 separate credit cards (friends and family) for Hampton last year and got left out. I put 10 requests for Telluride and the Greek and nothing. This just blows man. I have followed them since 92 and never until last year had an issue getting tickets. Now I will try the hopeless battle with Ticketmaster and become even more annoyed then I am now.
I feel your pain. Same type of thing here. It's getting beyond ridiculous at this point.

HOLY COW... I never get tickets..Wound up with 4 ORCH for Jones Beach :pickle:
I got two orchestra's for Tuesdays show. :hifive:
Same here - Tuesday. I might try to trade 1 or 2 Tuesday for Wednesday :confused:That said, at the Jones Beach shows last year I don't think it was THAT hard to get tickets once the show was near....

Last edited by a moderator:
Skunked w/r/t Greek and Telluride, as was everyone else I've talked to that's tried... Hoping I can hook it up tomorrow somehow.

Dug around and scored two lawns for 7/4. Maybe its a sign to the band that playing 2+ nights of Alpine every year isn't all it's cracked up to be. Or maybe the should play Atlanta more than once (or twice) every seven years. There's no reason why they can't tour down south more often. Alpharettas are tough tickets right now.

I was just in Telluride and was able to follow the news about the potential shows in the daily paper. 1,500 of the 9,000 tickets available for each show are being sold only to Telluride residents. If you order tix online you will not get a paper ticket, but will have to show up in Telluride with your credit card. They will swipe the card and immediately put wristbands on for both days. Not much opportunity for scalping tickets available, but if I don't get a pair tomorrow I'll have to try to get one of the paper tickets issued through Phish or scalp tickets from a local.

It's not easy or cheap getting to Telluride, and the shows are on a monday and tuesday. Hopefully that and the inability to scalp tickets will help those who can actually get there and get the time off to get a pair. I'm psyched and can only hope I score tickets. If I don't I'll be looking to scalp some for sure.

Got 2 tix for thursday night at the greek via the TM website. Struck out on the other two, appeared to sell out in 10 minutes or so.

I had two tickets secured for thursday as well but they made me do this bull#### with my credit card and I eventully timed out trying to resolve that.

ARHGGGGGG

:shrug: :lmao: :lmao: :rant: :rant:

I had two tickets secured for thursday as well but they made me do this bull#### with my credit card and I eventully timed out trying to resolve that. ARHGGGGGG :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
That blows. Not that it's any consolation, but opening a myTicketmaster account in the future (I think) will preapprove your credit card and make checkout easier.I was in "line" for saturday tickets, then got the bright idea to open another browser window to get in "line" for Friday tix. Of course you can't do that, and I was removed from the queue for saturday. Decided then to get into the queue for Thursday and luckily it worked out.I checked out stub hub just now, tix are starting at 185 bucks or so for all of these shows. Yesterday it was like 140. I hope it goes down.

Denied for Telluride. I knew I was in trouble when it took 2 minutes for the page to load.

Looking for passes to Telluride for a reasonable price.

I had two tickets secured for thursday as well but they made me do this bull#### with my credit card and I eventully timed out trying to resolve that. ARHGGGGGG :goodposting: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:
That blows. Not that it's any consolation, but opening a myTicketmaster account in the future (I think) will preapprove your credit card and make checkout easier.I was in "line" for saturday tickets, then got the bright idea to open another browser window to get in "line" for Friday tix. Of course you can't do that, and I was removed from the queue for saturday. Decided then to get into the queue for Thursday and luckily it worked out.I checked out stub hub just now, tix are starting at 185 bucks or so for all of these shows. Yesterday it was like 140. I hope it goes down.
I have bought tickets on ticketmaster many times and have an account. Not sure why they kept wanting me authenticate my credit card. It makes me want to kill something. But luckily my contact inside APE came through and it looks like I will be getting two tickets for each show. :crossesfingers:

was thinking of going to the 6/25 show in camden, but havent got the yes/no count from friends. Are these tix really selling out this fast? I figured lawn seats in Camden wouldnt sell out for weeks. now, i'm thinking i should get them while i can. thoughts?

was thinking of going to the 6/25 show in camden, but havent got the yes/no count from friends. Are these tix really selling out this fast? I figured lawn seats in Camden wouldnt sell out for weeks. now, i'm thinking i should get them while i can. thoughts?
I do believe I have 2 lawn extras for the 25th if you are interested.

I do believe I have 2 lawn extras for the 25th if you are interested.
cool, i'll let you know if we need 'em. So far we have 3 :thumbup: and a few more possible. Looks like seats are still available for now though

An old college friend got in touch via Facebook and offered me tix to join him for the June Phish shows in my area. I used to hit up shows all the time, but I literally haven't seen them in a decade. Debating whether to go- on the one hand, I wonder if I'm gonna feel old/out of place- nobody likes to be "that guy." But on the other hand, I figure most of their fans are probably like me- in their mid-30s by now, married with haircuts and jobs and whatnot, but still celebrating 4/20 regularly and ready to enjoy a little blast from the past. And it looks like the setlists haven't changed that much based on the 2009 ones I just looked at. Is that accurate? Have the fans aged with the band? Or is it gonna be me hanging out with the next generation of college kids thinking I'm a narc?

TobiasFunke said:
An old college friend got in touch via Facebook and offered me tix to join him for the June Phish shows in my area. I used to hit up shows all the time, but I literally haven't seen them in a decade. Debating whether to go- on the one hand, I wonder if I'm gonna feel old/out of place- nobody likes to be "that guy." But on the other hand, I figure most of their fans are probably like me- in their mid-30s by now, married with haircuts and jobs and whatnot, but still celebrating 4/20 regularly and ready to enjoy a little blast from the past. And it looks like the setlists haven't changed that much based on the 2009 ones I just looked at. Is that accurate? Have the fans aged with the band? Or is it gonna be me hanging out with the next generation of college kids thinking I'm a narc?
Dude.....no one cares....everyone is there for the music. I'm 36 and don't feel one bit out of place. Go, it's just way tooo much fun not to.

TobiasFunke said:
Dude.....no one cares....everyone is there for the music. I'm 36 and don't feel one bit out of place. Go, it's just way tooo much fun not to.
That's kinda what I figured. Just wanted to hear it from someone else who's been to a show in the last decade, I guess. Thanks.

TobiasFunke said:
Like most of my friends who go, I'm 42....... You have to be up there in age if you've been a fan a long while.The shows lately have been awesome... IMO, at this age, there's not much better when it comes to a night out!!!! Plus, you'll be too bombed to look around and do an age check. By the time you put on a ripped pair of jeans, a hoodie and some flip flops you can't tell the difference anyway.

TobiasFunke said:
Before last year, my last show was in 96 -- I went in 09 and had a great time, tons of 30-40ish people, but also lots of younger peeps. Even a bunch of little kids running around like it was a dead show or something. Worth checking out for sure.

TobiasFunke said:
That's kinda what I figured. Just wanted to hear it from someone else who's been to a show in the last decade, I guess. Thanks.
I went to all 4 of the NYE Miami run after not seeing them in 6 1/2 years, since 2003 Gorge. 36 years old now, and in the weeks leading up to the show I was definitely wondering if I'd be into it. It was so awesome dude, brought back such memories, and they played so well - like back in the mid-90's. So yes, positively recommend that you take the opportunity. I live in Asia now, so unfortunately will be relegated to early morning streams and DL's this summer... :tinfoilhat:

TobiasFunke said:
I went to all 4 of the NYE Miami run after not seeing them in 6 1/2 years, since 2003 Gorge. 36 years old now, and in the weeks leading up to the show I was definitely wondering if I'd be into it. It was so awesome dude, brought back such memories, and they played so well - like back in the mid-90's. So yes, positively recommend that you take the opportunity. I live in Asia now, so unfortunately will be relegated to early morning streams and DL's this summer... :tinfoilhat:
Exactly what I was hoping to get from the experience. I'm sold. Thanks, gentlemen.

Tix for sale, for cost:

(2) 7/2, North Carolina, Pavillion 8, row M, seats 1, 2 (center aisle) $126 for both

Plans to go out East for the summer changed. I listed them on Stubhub today but would rather not have to pay them the fees if a phan wants these. I'll split the shipping. Shoot me a message if interested.

edited: Portsmouth, VA tix sold.

Phish at ACL Festival October 8! Woo hoo they return to my adopted hometown for the first time in 10 years. yee haw see you there!

Sigmund Bloom said:
Phish at ACL Festival October 8! Woo hoo they return to my adopted hometown for the first time in 10 years. yee haw see you there!
In. Dibs on anyone's extras on Friday. Spoon, Black Keys, Sonic Youth, Strokes, Vampire Weekend. The rest of the festival is pretty damn meh.

Summer tour starts tomorrow in Chicago.Loving Cup opener seems too obvious.
Im gonna say Get Back on the Train tour opener. How sweet is it that Phish tour coincides with the World Cup again for the first time since 94! I remember stopping in a bar in Grants Pass, Oregon on the way to the 7/15/98 show in Portland to watch the final. Anyone who went to Great Woods 94 (Gamehendge!) has to remember the hotels and highways being shared by the freaks on the way to the show and the freaks on the way to the Italy v. Spain quarterfinal in Foxboro! Good times!

Users who are viewing this thread