What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

The Camden shows were fantastic. Can't wait for Tuesday's show....
I was at the friday show actually was a little disappointed. mostly b/c i didnt get to hear YEM, Harry, or Chalkdust. still one of the 3 best concerts i've seen in the past year, but not quite what i was hoping for. Is it normal for the set break to be almost an hour? And then the encore to be all of 6 minutes?

I went to the show Sunday night at Merriweather Post Pavillion. It was my first Phish show. It's not just lip service -- Phish really is the best live band. Everything makes sense now. :lmao: On a side note, I tailgated at a Phish show in '93. We tried to score tickets but couldn't get in. I wonder what might have been if I was exposed to a Phish show then. I now consider the last seventeen years of my life wasted.
You certainly missed out on their 96-98 prime. Then again, so did I because I was only 14.
I tell ya, the jams and flow and song selections the last week or so is very 97-98-esque. I have a feeling that they are going to really blow our minds from here on out. all of the rust is gone and "anything can happen" phish is back.
I went with several Phish veterans that go back to even before the 96-98 period, and they said something very similar. They were all raving about how great the sets were Sunday even in comparison to past shows and the concert the night before. Those guys are artists.

Sigmund Bloom said:
Kenny Powers said:
Jewell said:
I went to the show Sunday night at Merriweather Post Pavillion. It was my first Phish show. It's not just lip service -- Phish really is the best live band. Everything makes sense now. :goodposting: On a side note, I tailgated at a Phish show in '93. We tried to score tickets but couldn't get in. I wonder what might have been if I was exposed to a Phish show then. I now consider the last seventeen years of my life wasted.
You certainly missed out on their 96-98 prime. Then again, so did I because I was only 14.
I tell ya, the jams and flow and song selections the last week or so is very 97-98-esque. I have a feeling that they are going to really blow our minds from here on out. all of the rust is gone and "anything can happen" phish is back.
Haven't been following the setlists really, but just looked them over and they do look pretty damn good, lots of random covers as well. Any recommendations on shows to d/l? On paper, 6/25, 6/24, 6/20, 6/17, and 6/13 look like my favorites from 6/13 to now. Not really a bad one in the bunch though.That new song Dr. Gabel has potential

BillyBarooo said:
Rebirtha said:
I was at the friday show actually was a little disappointed. mostly b/c i didnt get to hear YEM, Harry, or Chalkdust. still one of the 3 best concerts i've seen in the past year, but not quite what i was hoping for. Is it normal for the set break to be almost an hour? And then the encore to be all of 6 minutes?
Dude, that Camden friday show looks killer. Alumni Blues > Letter to Jimmy Page > Alumni Blues, Big Black Furry Creature from Mars, Runaway Jim to open the show looks crazy. Throw in a SOAM, Sloth, and Golgi and that is a hell of a set.Looks to me like they opened the 2nd set with Chalkdust but youre saying they didnt play it :goodposting: ....Not a big fan of Caspian, Alaska, and Light, but I would have to imagine the 2001 > Billie Jean Jam > 2001 more than makes up for it.I dont see how you could be disappointed with this show unless someone spilled 3 of your $8 beers

Last edited by a moderator:
sunday night in merriweather was special. the band seemed to be taking requests as the "Tela" and "Ghost" balloons did their job and the sign for "I Saw It Again" shaped the whole second set. i've always loved the riff in "I Saw It Again" and the band just totally blew the doors off it for the whole second set.

both saturday and sunday's second sets had a "spaceship" moment when the band seem to want to have the whole stage lift off into outer space. mike's bass was as loud and distinct as i have ever heard it. the only loser is Page who i had trouble picking out between mike's thumps and trey's soloing. trey not on heroin is a very good thing. Phish is back and as good as '95.

my only complaint is that the crowd now seems hell bent on singing along to every song. i'm thankful when the instrumentals/jams come along to shut up the karaoke crowd.

I went to the show Sunday night at Merriweather Post Pavillion. It was my first Phish show. It's not just lip service -- Phish really is the best live band. Everything makes sense now. :thumbup: On a side note, I tailgated at a Phish show in '93. We tried to score tickets but couldn't get in. I wonder what might have been if I was exposed to a Phish show then. I now consider the last seventeen years of my life wasted.
Haven't been following the setlists really, but just looked them over and they do look pretty damn good, lots of random covers as well. Any recommendations on shows to d/l? On paper, 6/25, 6/24, 6/20, 6/17, and 6/13 look like my favorites from 6/13 to now. Not really a bad one in the bunch though.That new song Dr. Gabel has potential
both camden shows and both MPP shows are a good place to start.PS goo goo g'jooB!

sunday night in merriweather was special. the band seemed to be taking requests as the "Tela" and "Ghost" balloons did their job and the sign for "I Saw It Again" shaped the whole second set. i've always loved the riff in "I Saw It Again" and the band just totally blew the doors off it for the whole second set.both saturday and sunday's second sets had a "spaceship" moment when the band seem to want to have the whole stage lift off into outer space. mike's bass was as loud and distinct as i have ever heard it. the only loser is Page who i had trouble picking out between mike's thumps and trey's soloing. trey not on heroin is a very good thing. Phish is back and as good as '95.my only complaint is that the crowd now seems hell bent on singing along to every song. i'm thankful when the instrumentals/jams come along to shut up the karaoke crowd.
That second set looked ridiculous.

don't look now, but there have been several rare sightings over the past few days: sanity, destiny unbound and my nemesis Harpua. i've been t0 40+ shows and still never heard a live Harpua. missed one again this tour...

don't look now, but there have been several rare sightings over the past few days: sanity, destiny unbound and my nemesis Harpua. i've been t0 40+ shows and still never heard a live Harpua. missed one again this tour...
The last 4 nights were unprecedented in terms of bustouts (gaps):Time Loves a Hero 8 yearsLight up or leave me alone 11 yearsHave Mercy 11 yearsF*&k Your Face 23 years (biggest bustout ever? yes, until they play prep school hippie)Proud Mary 7 yearsDestiny Unbound and Sanity, played last year, but very very rare over the history of the bandForbin's>MockingbirdHarpua (w/ full Killing in the name of)!

I would have to imagine the 2001 > Billie Jean Jam > 2001 more than makes up for it.
:goodposting: I was at both Camden shows and thought this was the song of the weekend. Well, besides getting an Alumni.

Tiger Fan said:
Missed out on the Atlanta shows....Im trying to damndst to get to ACL...is that thing sold out yet?
Friday is sold out, but I am positive there will be tickets around, the scalpers always try to cash in on it, leaving tons of available tickets on day of. I also think (hope) that there will be a Saturday night show here, or at least Thr/Sat shows in Houston and Dallas.

Tiger Fan said:
Missed out on the Atlanta shows....Im trying to damndst to get to ACL...is that thing sold out yet?
Friday is sold out, but I am positive there will be tickets around, the scalpers always try to cash in on it, leaving tons of available tickets on day of. I also think (hope) that there will be a Saturday night show here, or at least Thr/Sat shows in Houston and Dallas.

Mike's>Tela>Harpua>Killing In The Name>Harpua>Weekapaug was once of the most insane stretches I've ever witnessed in person in my 16 years seeing this band. I was in the pit about 10 people from the stage. Just insane energy.

Just watched the Harpua > Killing In The Name on youtube. Insanity. Not sure Ive ever seen Phish crowd get that crazy during a song.

Just watched the Harpua > Killing In The Name on youtube. Insanity. Not sure Ive ever seen Phish crowd get that crazy during a song.
Don't come in here posting this hype without a link. LINK??!?!ETA: WOW - KITNO is SICK! Harpua intro is slow and boring, so skip to around the 4:40 mark

perhaps the greatest Phish cover ever - #### YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YOU TELL ME!god I wish I was there.
Awesome. Wish they'd busted it out during the prison lockdown that was Merriweather Post weekend. 40,000 outstretched middle fingers extended towards that police copter would have been incredibly cathartic.

Not sure if I'd buy into this, but its supposedly the leaked fall tour dates

looks like a helluva run
Halloween in RI?
Does ACL allow you to play nearby that close to the festival? Most festival contracts have mandatory exclusivity clauses that prohibit bands from playing nearby for a period of time before/after the show. If you can see the band in the Arena two days prior, the value of their performance at the festival lessens significantly

looks like a helluva run
Halloween in RI?
Does ACL allow you to play nearby that close to the festival? Most festival contracts have mandatory exclusivity clauses that prohibit bands from playing nearby for a period of time before/after the show. If you can see the band in the Arena two days prior, the value of their performance at the festival lessens significantly
I don't think they have anything like that in place. A lot of bands play in Dallas the days before or after their gig at ACL.

looks like a helluva run
Halloween in RI?
I don't think they have anything like that in place. A lot of bands play in Dallas the days before or after their gig at ACL.
Here's what I found on the web:Austin City Limits:

Exclusivity: 180 days before festival to 90 days following festival within a 300 mile radius of festival; includes any performances in Austin the weekend of Oct. 8-10, 2010.

Austin to NO is greater than 300 miles though, so that wouldn't be an issue

Also, no multiple night stints is odd. They almost always do more than one night in Vegas.
There's three nights in Vegas on that schedule along with a bunch of other multi-night runs.No DC. :lmao: I was really looking forward to seeing them again after getting a taste this summer.

looks like a helluva run
Halloween in RI?

Exclusivity: 180 days before festival to 90 days following festival within a 300 mile radius of festival; includes any performances in Austin the weekend of Oct. 8-10, 2010.

This baffles me. Maybe I'm thinking of SXSW.

Halloween in RI?

This baffles me. Maybe I'm thinking of SXSW.
Kinda a big story right now. Illinois Atty Gen has apparently openend up an antitrust investigation:

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/tur...t-scrutiny.html

looks like a lot of college towns....could be right
could be, but phish playing in dumpy college basketball arenas is over right?
last fall tour included places like ONCenter in Syracuse, the Knick in Albany, and CCCC in Portland. Cuse and Portland are glorified gym/convention center rooms. I dont think they're picky about venues, and some of those places (like Providence) have seen them in their finest moments.

looks like a lot of college towns....could be right
could be, but phish playing in dumpy college basketball arenas is over right?
last fall tour included places like ONCenter in Syracuse, the Knick in Albany, and CCCC in Portland. Cuse and Portland are glorified gym/convention center rooms. I dont think they're picky about venues, and some of those places (like Providence) have seen them in their finest moments.
True, I guess the one that sticks out to me on the list is the WVU Coliseum in Morgantown WV. Just seems acoustically phish would want to stay away from these places. Maybe since the new has kinda worn off they can get back to these smaller arena shows.

Nigel Tufnel said:
jb1020 said:

looks like a helluva run
Halloween in RI?
No chance.That list is BS. Phish is going to play the Ryman? that holds like 2500 I think. No chance.
It's an historic room, and Phish plays whereever they feel like it - Radio City in 2000, Fox Theater last year. I wouldn't write it off just because the Ryman is on there.

Also, no multiple night stints is odd. They almost always do more than one night in Vegas.
There's three nights in Vegas on that schedule along with a bunch of other multi-night runs.No DC. :lmao: I was really looking forward to seeing them again after getting a taste this summer.
Get on a plane TF. Phish is more fun on the road anyway.
I think a drive to Hampton is probably the best bet. I'm an old man of 36, most of my friends have kids and wouldn't get on a plane to go see them or even head out with me for an evening if the band was in their town. Sad but true. Maybe I need some new friends.

tommyGunZ said:
TobiasFunke said:
Nigel Tufnel said:
There's three nights in Vegas on that schedule along with a bunch of other multi-night runs.No DC. :thumbup: I was really looking forward to seeing them again after getting a taste this summer.
I'm the real TF.So pumped if that list is true. Might hit up NOLA and ACL

I'm the real TF.So pumped if that list is true. Might hit up NOLA and ACL
If it is in fact Providence would they cover Stop Making Sense?

i am sensing a "california gurls" opener at the greek theater. 1) random covers have been all over this summer tour. 2) russell brand's movie refers to the Greek. 3) it is the song of summer 2010, like it or not.

fishman in a bikini...with a popsicle? :shudder:

Users who are viewing this thread