Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Phish Thread***

This sounds interesting. How can I find out more?

Well first of all
what are these other sites they mention? I'm a little noobish when it comes to post-napster digital music sharing, though i know how to use bt.eg, they refer to:"JP, LL, dime" in addition to etree???
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick review from last night: This was a "Trey" show, through and through. Sure, Mike chipped in with a quirky, not-very-interesting new song Infinite, and Page had his Lawnboy and the electronica dan

Wife already threw up and the show hasn’t started. Aah, summer tour. 

I was there but I was blissfully ignorant. People should probably stop buying nitrous from guys with swastika tats and maybe they won’t come back. 

what are these other sites they mention? I'm a little noobish when it comes to post-napster digital music sharing, though i know how to use bt.eg, they refer to:"JP, LL, dime" in addition to etree???

Dime is dimeadozen.org I believe, not sure about the others.edit: it says Lossless Legs GEM’s and Jerome's Place - guess I'll look them up. Edited by Minotauro
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good news on the horizon????

Nearly four years after their break-up, the four members of Phish may have some unfinished business together. In an interview with Rolling Stone last week, Trey Anastasio didn’t exactly say the band has talked about a reunion, but he did drop some heavy hints. “When Phish broke up, I made some comment about how I’m not gonna go around playing ‘You Enjoy Myself’ for the rest of my life,” Anastasio said with a laugh. “And it’s so funny because Fish and Mike and Page have been talking to each other a lot lately and now — it’s not that I can’t believe that I said that, but its symbolic of how much I lost my mind or how much I lost my bearings or something. Because at this point in time I would give my left nut to play that song five times in a row every day until I die. I certainly thought about that while I was in jail.”

:goodposting::rant::clap:

Nearly four years after their break-up, the four members of Phish may have some unfinished business together. In an interview with Rolling Stone last week, Trey Anastasio didn’t exactly say the band has talked about a reunion, but he did drop some heavy hints. “When Phish broke up, I made some comment about how I’m not gonna go around playing ‘You Enjoy Myself’ for the rest of my life,” Anastasio said with a laugh. “And it’s so funny because Fish and Mike and Page have been talking to each other a lot lately and now — it’s not that I can’t believe that I said that, but its symbolic of how much I lost my mind or how much I lost my bearings or something. Because at this point in time I would give my left nut to play that song five times in a row every day until I die. I certainly thought about that while I was in jail.”

:goodposting::clap::clap:
I'd love to see them again. :rant:

:excited::pickle::clap:
I'd love to see them again. :thumbup:
I wasn't into them when they first hit the scene, but would love the chance to catch them if they hit the circuit again.

:excited::pickle::clap:
I'd love to see them again. :thumbup:
I wasn't into them when they first hit the scene, but would love the chance to catch them if they hit the circuit again.
It's good times. You'd dig it.

trey must be outta cash.Tigerfan I highly recommend seeing them live, their studio albums dont do them justice. The live show is great and one tip - Dont take the brown acid

Trust me...if they tour again, I will make every effort possible to be there

trey must be outta cash.Tigerfan I highly recommend seeing them live, their studio albums dont do them justice. The live show is great and one tip - Dont take the brown acid

NOW you tell me.... Vegas = :loco: I'm definitely in for any shows - I'll bring my walking cane :lmao: Needless to say Tickets will be crazy to get...

:excited::):clap:
I can't see Trey staying sober for a whole tour although I always figured they would get back together, way too much money out there for them not to do it. If you want to cash in on this I suggest buying some Molly futures on the commodity market.

:goodposting::loco::clap:
I didnt want to post it until things sorted themselves out, but around Christmas a good friend who is close to a relation of Trey's said the band was going to get back together if everything went well with his sentence and charges getting reduced - they did very recently, which is why these suggestions are coming out now.Needless to say, I will be beyond :thumbdown: if I get a chance to be awash in the bliss that is a Phish show again.

:shrug::wall::clap:
I didnt want to post it until things sorted themselves out, but around Christmas a good friend who is close to a relation of Trey's said the band was going to get back together if everything went well with his sentence and charges getting reduced - they did very recently, which is why these suggestions are coming out now.Needless to say, I will be beyond :wall: if I get a chance to be awash in the bliss that is a Phish show again.
:2cents:

This is interesting news, sounds like the most concrete news yet that there will be a reunion tour.

I will have to check it out, and bring my wife, who missed out in the early 90s. The problem now will not be finding shrooms or LSD or things of that ilk, but instead locating a babysitter.

Really no surprise here. None of them have done anything special, except Mike, since the band broke up. They could throw together a few tours and make a few million dollars.

I think the shows will suck though. I won't be going. This "reunion" tour will bring out all the idiots in full force.

Latest rumor is that Page is the lone holdout that's keeping a reunion tour from being confirmed.

If Phish could get back to Spring/Summer 2003 level, I'd be satisfied. Anything better than that would be a nice surprise.

Latest rumor is that Page is the lone holdout that's keeping a reunion tour from being confirmed.If Phish could get back to Spring/Summer 2003 level, I'd be satisfied. Anything better than that would be a nice surprise.

to me the tour is already a done deal. Trey knows that his comments in Rolling Stone are going to get the Phish fan base all in a lather. Everything from here on in is going to be a very crafted marketing sceme to maximize interest and ticket sales for the tour.

Really no surprise here. None of them have done anything special, except Mike, since the band broke up. They could throw together a few tours and make a few million dollars.I think the shows will suck though. I won't be going. This "reunion" tour will bring out all the idiots in full force.

We get that it's not '90s Phish, but it'll still be worth checking out.

Drumbeat getting LOUD at this point...

http://www.popmatters.com/pm/news/article/...t-phish-return/

CAMDEN, NJ—Phish lyricist Tom Marshall, Trey Anastasio’s longtime friend and writing partner, said in an exclusive interview Tuesday that “Trey wants Phish to come back.”

(snip)

Marshall was elated about his recent work in the studio with Anastasio. “We’re on our fourteenth, fifteenth song in like two months,” said Marshall. “We’re extremely productive and got the drive again. I have the old Trey back, which is incredible.”

When pressed about where these new songs will end up, Marshall said they “could take a left turn into the Trey Anastasio Band or a straight turn to Phish.”

“(Trey) is just excited and happy to be done with his legal problems,” said Marshall. “It’s almost like we’re in 8th grade again.” Marshall, who began writing with Anastasio during adolescence while attending New Jersey’s Princeton Day School together, has penned over ninety original songs for Phish.

During their recent sessions, Marshall said he sometimes plays drums and Anastasio, widely considered one of rock’s best guitarists, will even play the bass guitar at times during the writing and recording process. Marshall said that he and Anastasio “have a new energy, a spark.”

“It’s spilling out of us. We’re both look wide-eyed when something meshes up because it’s meshing up a lot better these days then it did when we were under the fog, under the haze,” said Marshall. “We’re not in the haze. We’re just moving forward, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed.”

Marshall said that he and Anastasio have not brought other Phish members into the studio, yet. “We haven’t done that in the past and we work best when there are no distractions. When we write, we write together. What happens with songs after that is up to Trey, really.”

“Reforming something like (Phish) has so many pieces, it’s a very complex, three-dimensional, four-dimensional, jigsaw puzzle,” said Marshall, adding “No one wants Phish back more than Trey.”

Sounds like it's on. Vegoose '08?

I'd be there, without question.Phish in Vegas is always a good time.
gawd, i could only imagine how hard of a ticket that would be. we went to the new years show after the hiatus and the best we could find were scalpers selling counterfiets for $300. ended up seeing chick corea at the blue note, so we got to hear the better show, at least. after hearing the tapes, phish was rough around the edges that night. i'd expect the same here but still die to see it.

I'd be there, without question.

Phish in Vegas is always a good time.

Been three times. I don't even like Vegas.
I caught the "Loaded" gig back in 97-98 :shrug: I ate about 500 hits worth of liquid that night. It actually came out of a squirt bottle :bow: Decided to stay in Vegas for work reasons and missed the Darkside Harpua encore in Utah.

I caught the "Loaded" gig back in 97-98 :shrug: I ate about 500 hits worth of liquid that night. It actually came out of a squirt bottle :bow: Decided to stay in Vegas for work reasons and missed the Darkside Harpua encore in Utah.
:bow:

I was there, too. :bow:

I caught the "Loaded" gig back in 97-98 :thumbup: I ate about 500 hits worth of liquid that night. It actually came out of a squirt bottle :pickle: Decided to stay in Vegas for work reasons and missed the Darkside Harpua encore in Utah.
:lmao:
That's a conservative estimate...I'd say it was closer to 1500. I drank about an ounce and washed my face with the rest.

Just another day at the office

I caught the "Loaded" gig back in 97-98 :excited: I ate about 500 hits worth of liquid that night. It actually came out of a squirt bottle :lmao: Decided to stay in Vegas for work reasons and missed the Darkside Harpua encore in Utah.
:lmao:
That's a conservative estimate...I'd say it was closer to 1500. I drank about an ounce and washed my face with the rest.

Just another day at the office

:goodposting:

This calls to mind the following experiment:

Details of the Injection

The 7000-pound bull elephant named Tusko was injected with a huge dose of LSD (297 mg) into one buttock with a dart rifle. Five minutes later, the elephant collapsed and went into convulsions. An excerpt from the original journal article about the experiment:

"Five minutes after the injection he trumpeted, collapsed, fell heavily onto his right side, defecated, and went into status epilepticus. The limbs on the left side were hyperextended and held stiffly out from the body; the limbs on the right side were drawn up in partial flexion; there were tremors throughout. The eyes were closed and showed a spasm of the orbicularis occuli; the eyeballs were turned sharply to the left, with markedly dilated pupils. The mouth was open, but breathing was extremely labored and stertorous, giving the impression of high respiratory obstruction due to laryngeal spasm. The tongue, which had been bitten, was cyanotic. The picture was that of a tonic left-sided seizure in which, mild clonic movements were present."

-- West LJ, Pierce CM, Thomas WD. Science, 1962, 1100-1103.

Twenty minutes after the initial injection of LSD, it was decided that promazine hydrochloride (Thorazine) should be administered in an attempt to counter the above reaction. 2800 mg of promazine hydrochloride was injected into his ear over a period of 11 minutes, and only partially relieved the seizures and respiratory distress. An hour later, in a further attempt to assist the elephant, Dr. West injected Tusko with an unspecified quantity of pentobarbital sodium directly into a vein. The elephant died 1 hour and 40 minutes after the LSD had been given. Dr. West's original article on the experiment can be found at: HofLSD1069. Several newspapers covered the story, one of which is available as HofLSD1069a. A german-language editorial mentions it at Hofmann Collection LSD1069b.