Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official Phish Thread***

More hints at Phish reunion :goodposting:

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003824900

Phish fans got their wish, or at least a portion of it, yesterday (July 6) at the Rothbury Festival in Michigan, as three members of the band performed live together in two separate incarnations.

First, bassist Mike Gordon joined guitarist Trey Anastasio during the latter's solo acoustic set, which had already enthralled a substantial crowded gathered in front of the festival's main stage, the Odeum.

Noting that "Mike and I being two people who don't shy away from trying new things, Anastasio introduced a pair of fresh tunes -- "Backwards Down the Number Line" and "Alaska" -- and further teased prospects of a reunion by saying, "If we could just find a drummer and a keyboard player somewhere..." But, he added, "you gotta start with the songs, and you guys can be our test audience."

The new material went down a storm, but the biggest ovation came when Anastasio and Gordon finished the set with Phish's "Chalkdust Torture."

Anastasio, who plays on Gordon's upcoming album, "The Green Arrow," (due Aug. 5), then returned the favor during the bassist's set with his own band on the neighboring Sherwood Court stage. Though his guest appearance was delayed a bit when all concerned realized there wasn't an extra guitar for him to use, Anastasio eventually made it back for a rendition of "Cruel World," written and sung by Gordon's guitarist Scott Murawski, followed by the Phish favorite "Meat."

The real treat closed Gordon's set, however, when Phish drummer Jon Fishman joined the ensemble for the Beatles' "She Said, She Said," sending the field into a state of dancing delirium.

All four Phish members, including keyboardist Page McConnell, have hinted at the possibility of a reunion in recent comments, but no firm details have been revealed. The Phish follies were the unquestioned highlight on Rothbury's closing day, as the inaugural festival came to a satisfying close at the Double JJ Ranch.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quick review from last night: This was a "Trey" show, through and through. Sure, Mike chipped in with a quirky, not-very-interesting new song Infinite, and Page had his Lawnboy and the electronica dan

Wife already threw up and the show hasn’t started. Aah, summer tour. 

I was there but I was blissfully ignorant. People should probably stop buying nitrous from guys with swastika tats and maybe they won’t come back. 

This was one of the more memorable shows I caught:Sunday, August 9, 1998Virginia Beach Amphitheatre, Virginia Beach, VA Set I: Punch You in the Eye, Bathtub Gin, The Lizards, The Moma Dance, Birds of a Feather, Esther, Roggae, Bouncing Around the Room, David Bowie Set II: AC/DC Bag > Jam > Sparkle, Run Like an Antelope, Brian and Robert, Waste, Somewhere Over the Rainbow, You Enjoy Myself, Frankenstein, Chalk Dust Torture, Hello My Baby Encore: Terrapin Station Show Notes: Terrapin Station debuted at this show, as the band commemorated the third anniversary of Jerry Garcia's passing. AC/DC Bag included a tease of Black Sabbath's Electric Funeral. Somewhere Over the Rainbow was played for the first time since August 13, 1996 (152 shows).This was the day before:Saturday, August 8, 1998Merriweather Post Pavilion, Columbia, MD Set I: The Wedge, NICU, Sneakin' Sally Through the Alley -> Guyute, Fikus, Farmhouse, Possum, Sweet Jane Set II: Cavern, Also Sprach Zarathustra > Tela -> Piper, Sexual Healing > HYHU, Harry Hood Encore: Sabotage Show Notes: This show marked the debuts of Sweet Jane and Sabotage. This version of Piper is a fan favorite.

i was at both of those shows. the virginia beach gig was surreal with the terrapin encore. #2 on my alltime list (nothing will ever touch 12/31/99)i have maintained since day 1 of the breakup that phish would never get back together. i'm starting to believe i'm wrong. :mellow:
  • 2 months later...

On Gone Phishin' on Sirius the a few days ago they played the sugarbush show from 1994. Ended their '94 summer tour. Listening to it brought back a flood of memories, especially the "disco truck" that started making appearances in the parking lot during that tour. Show happened around the time of the shoemaker-levy comet smashing into jupiter, which was incorporated into harpua.

Any of you guys make it to this one?

07-16-94 Summer Stage at Sugarbush North, Fayston, VT

1: Golgi Apparatus, Down With Disease, N2O, Stash, Lizards, Cavern, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Maze-> Sparkle, Sample in a Jar

2: Run Like an Antelope-> Catapult-> Run Like an Antelope, Harpua*-> Also Sprach Zarathustra-> Harpua, AC/DC Bag, Scent of a Mule, Harry Hood, Contact, Chalk Dust Torture

E: Suzy Greenberg

*With "comet smashed into Jupiter" narration.

Edited by snitwitch

On Gone Phishin' on Sirius the a few days ago they played the sugarbush show from 1994. Ended their '94 summer tour. Listening to it brought back a flood of memories, especially the "disco truck" that started making appearances in the parking lot during that tour. Show happened around the time of the shoemaker-levy comet smashing into jupiter, which was incorporated into harpua.Any of you guys make it to this one?07-16-94 Summer Stage at Sugarbush North, Fayston, VT1: Golgi Apparatus, Down With Disease, N2O, Stash, Lizards, Cavern, The Horse-> Silent in the Morning, Maze-> Sparkle, Sample in a Jar2: Run Like an Antelope-> Catapult-> Run Like an Antelope, Harpua*-> Also Sprach Zarathustra-> Harpua, AC/DC Bag, Scent of a Mule, Harry Hood, Contact, Chalk Dust TortureE: Suzy Greenberg*With "comet smashed into Jupiter" narration.

I knew the owners of that disco truck...Virginians IIRC. Had connections in Boulder. I lost my #### at Sugar Bush.

[ANNOUNCE] I just changed the title of the thread to "Official Phish Thread" since the thread really just turned into Phish discussion as opposed to people suggesting stuff for me to listen to.

Edited by Tiger Fan
  • 3 weeks later...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:mellow:

Not sure if I can drag myself out on the road again. These cats love Hampton for some reason. Caught them there at the fall 95 show. The second set Hood pulled me out of a near OD. Hampton kicks ###. It's a spaceship.

:blackmfdot:

Would any of you bring me up to speed on the most likely way to get tickets? I'm interested in whether I could plan a bachelor party for my brother around either Hampton or (more likely) a to-be-announced destination. Thanks.

:blackmfdot:Would any of you bring me up to speed on the most likely way to get tickets? I'm interested in whether I could plan a bachelor party for my brother around either Hampton or (more likely) a to-be-announced destination. Thanks.

I imagine it'll be tough to get a good amount of tickets unless you're not averse to overpaying on Craigslist or eBay or somesuch.

It's going to be impossible to get tickets to this.

If one misses out on the lottery, here is my way of getting tickets.There is a strictly hispanic music store in the Mission here in SF that is also a ticketmaster outlet. I go there 10 or so minutes before the start sellling the tickets as there is never a line there b/c no one knows about it. I have the guy at the counter get ready right as the hour turns. He is already in the tickemaster system so its not like being online for online sales. Never failed me once. The caveat to this show is that there will be thousands of ticket master outlets battling for these tickets not just the local outlets. Carini has a lumpy head

I got tickets to the little Flynn Theater in Burlington back in 97 for cost. I'll get tickets to this. Should be getting an email from Fishman any minute now.:goodposting:

If one misses out on the lottery, here is my way of getting tickets.There is a strictly hispanic music store in the Mission here in SF that is also a ticketmaster outlet. I go there 10 or so minutes before the start sellling the tickets as there is never a line there b/c no one knows about it. I have the guy at the counter get ready right as the hour turns. He is already in the tickemaster system so its not like being online for online sales. Never failed me once. The caveat to this show is that there will be thousands of ticket master outlets battling for these tickets not just the local outlets. Carini has a lumpy head
Whatever it takes.Lucy took a walk, now Lucy's dead.

3 nights @ the spaceship

you EFFIN know IT!!!!!

yeah...i think gettin tix will be very tough if you dont get hooked up by ticket request

if I only get 1 night though, its gonna be tough for me to go there knowing ill probably end up shelling out wayy too much for the other nights

though if i do get 1 night, ill get 2 tix so I guess that means Ill have 2 nights worth :hophead:

:blackmfdot:Would any of you bring me up to speed on the most likely way to get tickets? I'm interested in whether I could plan a bachelor party for my brother around either Hampton or (more likely) a to-be-announced destination. Thanks.

I imagine it'll be tough to get a good amount of tickets unless you're not averse to overpaying on Craigslist or eBay or somesuch.
Yeah, the occasion may call for being gouged, but it would be worth it, between the BP and my first show.

Hotel rooms within 5 miles of Hampton are completely booked. We got 4 rooms at the Holiday Inn Newport News about 6 miles up I-64 and they were the last rooms they had. If you're planning on going, get a room now.

think there will be a lot of cancellations ~ the 19th? maybe a good time to book hotels then once you get your tix.

How do you choose all 3 shows?

did you figure it out? you get to the page where you select 2 tickets, and then go down to the bottom and hit request more items or whatever.
I'm not worried about it anymore. If I decide to go I'll have tickets.

Hotel rooms within 5 miles of Hampton are completely booked. We got 4 rooms at the Holiday Inn Newport News about 6 miles up I-64 and they were the last rooms they had. If you're planning on going, get a room now.

Where is the next best locatioin for hotel rooms?

How do you choose all 3 shows?

did you figure it out? you get to the page where you select 2 tickets, and then go down to the bottom and hit request more items or whatever.
I'm not worried about it anymore. If I decide to go I'll have tickets.
i registered just in case my friends didn't get tix. i know they'll want them. i doubt i go. i'd burn out, i'm fairly certain. in one weekend. :lmao:

Id def say Newport NewsI know when I was there in 2003, they had a handful of latenight shows in NN so it works out pretty sweet

Id def say Newport NewsI know when I was there in 2003, they had a handful of latenight shows in NN so it works out pretty sweet
All Sold out

Supposedly over 50,000 ppl have already requested tix and its day 1

I think it was a little selfish of Phish to have their reunion run at a venue that only holds around 13000 ppl

They shouldve had it at either an NFL stadium, or one of the larger college stadiums.

Not only would they make more money because they could sell more tix, but I doubt any phan who really tried to get into these shows would be shutout

This is going to be a tough ticket no doubt. Hopefully some of us hit the jackpot. I was able to score tickets to the Madison Square Garden NYE reunion show though the lotto. Here's to going 2 for 2.

Reserved 2 Rooms at smithfieldstation as well.