What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (2 Viewers)

Fishman alert at the Beacon!  Full Ghosts album perhaps.  And then...
The full band has to be on deck for one of the last shows.   My dream would be the full band with strings for one show and then just straight phish for the finale.

The strings just add so much to these songs.  If you havent yet check out Whats the Use from a few shows ago with the strings.  Damn its surreal

The full band has to be on deck for one of the last shows.   My dream would be the full band with strings for one show and then just straight phish for the finale.
Full TAB for the 2nd last show does seem to lead towards it. Page had that one minute video though where it’s kind of dismissed...but also maybe part of the plan...

Last edited by a moderator:
The strings just add so much to these songs.  If you havent yet check out Whats the Use from a few shows ago with the strings.  Damn its surreal
Agreed. People need to def check that out. I’d say Divided Sky, Hood, and YEM were all very different as well.

It’s been a fantastic run. Part of me is glad it hasn’t been just Phish even though that would be great too. Seeing Trey like this is rare. 

I've only seen a little bit of the Beacon shows.  Are they available anywhere?
Seems like they come off Twitch quickly. I think that’s more of a live streaming platform though, but not really sure. If I see them anywhere I’ll post here.

Proud Dad moment this morning.  Kids were eating breakfast as I was making PB&J's for lunch.  My 8 yo daughter blurts out of nowhere, "My dad, my dad, he's got a knife!"

No news on summer tour is good news IMO. I'm holding out so much hope some of these summer shows.  Still "holding" tickets for Nashville and Birmingham. Both outdoor venues in states that have relaxed covid restrictions.  At this point I'd take a full on Florida and Texas only tour.  Just do a few 3 night runs in the big cities with either big amphitheaters or a MLS stadium like ##### in Colorado.  Just anywhere they can say, this place sits 50k, but we'll only sell 25k tickets.  

Proud Dad moment this morning.  Kids were eating breakfast as I was making PB&J's for lunch.  My 8 yo daughter blurts out of nowhere, "My dad, my dad, he's got a knife!"

No news on summer tour is good news IMO. I'm holding out so much hope some of these summer shows.  Still "holding" tickets for Nashville and Birmingham. Both outdoor venues in states that have relaxed covid restrictions.  At this point I'd take a full on Florida and Texas only tour.  Just do a few 3 night runs in the big cities with either big amphitheaters or a MLS stadium like ##### in Colorado.  Just anywhere they can say, this place sits 50k, but we'll only sell 25k tickets.  
Still holding tickets for Deer Creek.  It's outdoors in August.  Has to happen, right?

Still holding tickets for Deer Creek.  It's outdoors in August.  Has to happen, right?
0.0% chance.  I would think 2022 would be the first time we see shows.  Hopefully at some point in the next 24 months they throw one last festival.  I am dying to get one more in before its over

0.0% chance.  I would think 2022 would be the first time we see shows.  Hopefully at some point in the next 24 months they throw one last festival.  I am dying to get one more in before its over
I disagree. If vaccines for adults are as readily available as flu shots, and if you have proof that you got yours (keep your vaccination card), I could see them opening these outdoor venues to folks that have been vaccinated and/or folks wearing masks. Maybe capacity will be some fraction of 100% this summer, but with vaccines in arms, shows can happen.

I disagree. If vaccines for adults are as readily available as flu shots, and if you have proof that you got yours (keep your vaccination card), I could see them opening these outdoor venues to folks that have been vaccinated and/or folks wearing masks. Maybe capacity will be some fraction of 100% this summer, but with vaccines in arms, shows can happen.
I hear you man but that just adds another layer of crap they have to figure out and I seriously doubt the venues or the band wants to deal with that.   Plus I would imagine for a Sept show they probably have to make an announcement around june/july and believe it or not that is not that far away and the numbers for covid are still up there.  I seriously doubt that they want to deal with all of the headaches.

Just my 2cents

I hear you man but that just adds another layer of crap they have to figure out and I seriously doubt the venues or the band wants to deal with that.   Plus I would imagine for a Sept show they probably have to make an announcement around june/july and believe it or not that is not that far away and the numbers for covid are still up there.  I seriously doubt that they want to deal with all of the headaches.

Just my 2cents
That's the kicker, it will come down to the band's decision.   I think these outdoor venues will be lining up artists the minute they get the green light.  

Billy Strings just played a few shows in Florida.  Not sure of the capacity restrictions.  He has a summer tour listed where he's playing small football stadiums in Mobile AL.   

Will a band like Phish risk the possible blowback of hosting 20K at  Deer Creek??? I don't know.  Trey's net worth is $85mil.  Billy Strings is not.  

That's the kicker, it will come down to the band's decision.   I think these outdoor venues will be lining up artists the minute they get the green light.  

Billy Strings just played a few shows in Florida.  Not sure of the capacity restrictions.  He has a summer tour listed where he's playing small football stadiums in Mobile AL.   

Will a band like Phish risk the possible blowback of hosting 20K at  Deer Creek??? I don't know.  Trey's net worth is $85mil.  Billy Strings is not.  
In an interview this past year Trey talked about how page and mike were really taking this thing seriously so thats why I have my reservations.  I just can not fathom the band giving the thumbs up to 15+ thousand venues.  I bet they punt until next spring.  Like I said hopefully a festival is in the works

Sigmund Bloom interview!

Clifford Ball Part II

New podcast!

http://hyperurl.co/9s5arc/

The Buzzards reload Clark's glass slide piece (another Aaron's Alley purchase) one more time and double down on Phish's The Clifford Ball show.  Premo's spoof of choice, "Kurt Muller", is tested early and often.

During this particular sesh, they are joined by none other than Sigmund Bloom, the co-owner of Footballguys.com and one of the most significant podcasters generating content in the world today.

Bloom's knowledge of Phish is deep and vast.  He attended Syracuse University in the mid 1990s, properly positioned to witness Phish 1.0 at the absolute peak of their power.  Bloom expertly shares his experiences at various Phish shows which include the last performance of Gamehendge, touring extensively in the Western United States, as well as experiencing The Clifford Ball firsthand.

Get on the bus...sit back, relax, and enjoy the immersive oratory of a peerless narrator.  This is the definitive tribute and firsthand recap of Phish's triumphant accomplishment which turns 25 years old this coming August!

And if you have any questions or comments about this episode or others or have ideas for topics or guests, please reach out to us at fivedollarbuzz@gmail.com. It may take a minute because we gotta finish this extra long, shiny and happy guitar-noodle noise filibuster and then we have to straddle over slowly in our flip flops so as not to trip...but we will get there...

I might have a project for work in Rancho Cordova the week of the Sac/SF run.  Hmmmm, I'm likely not going to find out dates this week though.

Looking for a single ticket to any or all shows in Commerce City. You know, in Colorado around Labor Day. You know, the ####'s shows. 

Three nights in Atlantic City?

ETA: Don't get me wrong, everything is a blessing at this point and it is at least centrally located on the east coast. But AC? (best cannoli to be found on Earth is in Absecon, btw)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am praying they will announce a festival and soon.  I am dying to take my two kids for them to see.  Its truly an amazing feat to witness
Saw them in the Gorge in '97 but was tripping balls and memories are fuzzy.  Hoping to get a clearer memory from this one.  Man, it's nice to be able to see concerts again!  

Wife is going with me - got a sitter for an overnight with the kids.  :pickle:

We're so close...less than a week!  I'm as giddy as I've ever been about making a phish show.  

Meeting a buddy at Oak Mt. 

Then the wife and I are hitting both nights in Nashville.  

All tickets secured thru the Phish lottery like 100 years ago (it feels like).  Got fantastic seats to all these shows.  

Safe travels to all

Fired up for the start of great things!

Kinda cool that you can package up all the shows for a couch tour discount. A little steep for me still and the East coast shows I have trouble seeing set 1 sometimes. 

A little bummed nothing worked out to see them in person (so far). Cali work trip got axed. Going on a vacation next week when they’re near me. Next time!

Fired up for the start of great things!

Kinda cool that you can package up all the shows for a couch tour discount. A little steep for me still and the East coast shows I have trouble seeing set 1 sometimes. 

A little bummed nothing worked out to see them in person (so far). Cali work trip got axed. Going on a vacation next week when they’re near me. Next time!
I’m guessing start time tonight is 910ish

38 years into it and Phish seems like they can just flip a switch and jam out anything now.  Just incredible what they are doing now.  

Kuroda has totally changed the game with the light rigs this year.  I hope this setup stays for a while.  

38 years into it and Phish seems like they can just flip a switch and jam out anything now.  Just incredible what they are doing now.  

Kuroda has totally changed the game with the light rigs this year.  I hope this setup stays for a while.  
Ive listened to all the shows except the 2nd night and they are simply incredible the way they can slip into a 8-20 minute jam with ease.  Praying for a festival announcement soon

Ive listened to all the shows except the 2nd night and they are simply incredible the way they can slip into a 8-20 minute jam with ease.  Praying for a festival announcement soon

Anything is jam worthy now!  Listen to nashville N2.  Its so silky smooth how they drop into Gin right out of Ghost.  

Not going to see a Fest this year...no way.  Too late really.  

Got back from Deer Creek today.  Kicking myself for missing Friday, but rest of weekend was awesome.  Pretty sure they summoned aliens night 2 and they came night 3.

Got back from Deer Creek today.  Kicking myself for missing Friday, but rest of weekend was awesome.  Pretty sure they summoned aliens night 2 and they came night 3.
Awesome! Except of course for the seven strains of Covid you acquired.

I did the couch tour for those. Headed to Hershey in mere minutes then Atlantic City for the weekend. Anyway, I loved set two from the first night of Deer Creek (that Simple), probably my favorite of the tour so far. I suspect set two from the final night, though, will prove to be the most divisive--did you love it? At times, it came across as silly, maybe even beneath them. I enjoyed it, myself. Wondering what the vibe was in person. Sounded like it was an unadulterated party.

I did the couch tour for those. Headed to Hershey in mere minutes then Atlantic City for the weekend. Anyway, I loved set two from the first night of Deer Creek (that Simple), probably my favorite of the tour so far. I suspect set two from the final night, though, will prove to be the most divisive--did you love it? At times, it came across as silly, maybe even beneath them. I enjoyed it, myself. Wondering what the vibe was in person. Sounded like it was an unadulterated party.
I personally loved it.  I was in pavilion on Sunday and crowd was eating it up.   

Those silly nights are some of the best.  I think most people love them.  It reminded me of the Moby **** show from 2000 at Deer Creek.  That one still stands the test of time.  

I got a good listed to Sunday night yesterday.  It was great.  

Sigmund Bloom interview!

Clifford Ball Part II

New podcast!

http://hyperurl.co/9s5arc/

The Buzzards reload Clark's glass slide piece (another Aaron's Alley purchase) one more time and double down on Phish's The Clifford Ball show.  Premo's spoof of choice, "Kurt Muller", is tested early and often.

During this particular sesh, they are joined by none other than Sigmund Bloom, the co-owner of Footballguys.com and one of the most significant podcasters generating content in the world today.

Bloom's knowledge of Phish is deep and vast.  He attended Syracuse University in the mid 1990s, properly positioned to witness Phish 1.0 at the absolute peak of their power.  Bloom expertly shares his experiences at various Phish shows which include the last performance of Gamehendge, touring extensively in the Western United States, as well as experiencing The Clifford Ball firsthand.

Get on the bus...sit back, relax, and enjoy the immersive oratory of a peerless narrator.  This is the definitive tribute and firsthand recap of Phish's triumphant accomplishment which turns 25 years old this coming August!

I’ve watched almost every show, they’ve been great.  While all that is true above, you can still tell they’re working out some 18 month layoff kinks at certain times as they go. Fishman is a ####### monster though. 

With Reprise surprise last night, s2+E has a lot of possibilities tonight. Really excited this should be a doozy! Can I get a Faulty Plan please?!?!

Checked out the last couple setlists. It's odd to say, but I don't know many of the newer songs. As Phish has aged, I haven't found them to be the song and music writers of once upon a time. How are they holding up?

Checked out the last couple setlists. It's odd to say, but I don't know many of the newer songs. As Phish has aged, I haven't found them to be the song and music writers of once upon a time. How are they holding up?
Its not Machine gun trey of the late 90's anymore, but what they've put out this tour is pretty much top notch Phish.  I don't think many would argue with that statement.  

They've formed the ability to jam out any song now.  New material always seems to drag a how down, but it doesn't seem to be the case now.  Its all been flawlessly worked into a show.  

I've never been good at giving reviews, or describing a show...But go see them if you can.  What they are doing now is fantastic.  

I still love the "new" songs, although a lot aren't really that new any more.  

Good topic. I remember in the late 90s when their trending away from progressive pieces (think: Fluffhead, YEM, Reba being replaced by Free, Sand, Twist) saddened me and it still does a bit. Granted in the intervening twenty years, they have put out Petrichor, Time Turns Elastic (which I like), Thread, even Mercury feels a bit Proggy. But I've come to accept that they, and especially Trey, are middle-aged guys now. Some of his newer compositions downright bother me (Soul Planet, Set Your Soul Free, Blaze On, No Men in No Man's Land) because they're just too simple. Sure, they get jammed out (here is Soul Planet from 8/31/21 at 48 minutes) but the compositions are not what they were.

As a middle-aged guy myself, I've come to accept that this is just where they are. Throw me a Thread or a Petrichor or a Fuego now and then as new material and I'm appeased. And the live shows remain riveting and fun. But I definitely miss the writing from Junta-era.  

It's all relative, right? I remember being a bit sideways about Billy Breathes, but I think it's held up super well for the Phish fan. Of course they were still a "new" band, in their prime, but I was, and still am, always (stupidly) suspicious of newer albums for older, established bands. I was scarred by Built to Last by the Dead, Steel Wheels by the Stones, and a handful of other disasters. I just didn't know enough about Phish at the time. 

I like a number of songs from Joy, like Light, Backwards, but I think pecorino is on to something. Blaze On is a "cheap" song, as in, I could probably write that. And I'm not kidding, and I know very little about music. The boys have a few of these songs that are blah, especially in the last few years of newer songs.

I'll add that just because you can turn a song into a jam doesn't mean A) it's a good song and B) the jam amounts to anything. At least for me, I'd like to be able to drop in on a song halfway through and know what song/jam it is. Phish has jams that probably shouldn't be, never mind the songs. But I'm the 50 year old guy that wants a long Tweezer, a jammy 2001, PYITE, Antelope and/or YEM. And I'm down with their covers. Crosseyed and Painless and Loving Cup rival their original counterparts, IMO. 

Rock on dudes. And get off my lawn. 😆

The most excited I've been for a show in a long time--headed to Santa Barbara in two weeks to see them at the Santa Barbara Bowl. Capacity around 4000. Near the water. A mini vacation. Can't wait.

On a different note, tried to get NYE tickets in pre-sale (no luck) and then through Ticketmaster. They have been, continue to be, and will forever be the worst company in the history of companies.

I have the best wife...She surprised me out of the blue with tickets to the show in PHO Oct 22!  That's right around my bday. 

Naturally my first thought was, can we make the next show??  After a few drinks and planning we bought tickets to the next one in Chula Vista...but after more planning its just not feasible to make it.   Anyone need tickets to the Chula Vista show on Oct 23?  

Going to the show in Eugene tomorrow night.  Show starts at 7:30.  Is there an opening act?  Almost no information about this, so assuming not.....want to take my son out to dinner before the concert but don't want to rush.  

Going to the show in Eugene tomorrow night.  Show starts at 7:30.  Is there an opening act?  Almost no information about this, so assuming not.....want to take my son out to dinner before the concert but don't want to rush.  

No opening act.  I would be sure to be there by 7:45.

Supposedly multiple people fell out of the balcony last night in SF during the show.  Including one guy that supposedly jumped and died.  But I can't find anything in the news about it.

Users who are viewing this thread