What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Phish Thread*** (1 Viewer)

yinzer said:
Got shut out of the tixs as well, but just spent a half hour listen to Phish on youtube thanks to this thread, so, thanks!

Tixs on sale Saturday 10:00 eastern.

I'll be racin' ya.

:goodposting:
am i reading this correctly--that tickets are only available online or by phone? i was hoping to try for a pair at a local ticketmaster outlet.
The evil that is TM is supposed to put tickets on sale for the show Saturday, I have no idea how many they have.
i don't know how many tickets they have either. but my question is: can we try to buy tickets at an outlet store on saturday morning or are we stuck trying to fight through phone lines and/or the internet?if it is all being done on the phone or over the internet, i feel my chances are practically nil. i've never had luck with those methods. i'd rather go to a local ticketmaster outlet and stand in line.
Few questions here:1 - Unless youre first in line, how is this better?! Itll be sold out in 2 minutes tops

2 - How can you find where the outlets?
I actually was planning to be first in line. the problem for me was that the local outlets (western PA) weren't going to have access to hampton tickets. and after living through the last hour of torture of my life trying to get through to the evil empire, i think it would have been better going to an outlet.

ticketmaster sucks.I got in right away, had "less than 1 minute wait", then it went up to 4 mins, then by the time my request got through they were gone.I wish they still did mail order by hand with all in the instructions like the good old days...sigh
had basically the same thing happenexcept the first couple times I got to the 'type the 2 words in' page, no freaking words came up and I had to go backthen I had the same problem. Itd be 15 mins, go down to 4, 3, 2 and the back up to 15 then 8and news to my, ticketbastard can detect if you have multiple tabs open searching for tix, and a message pops up on each of my 4 tabs 'you have multiple windows searching for tickets. please go back using 1 window'Since when was this the case?!?!EFF TM

I got tickets for all 3 nights!!!!!
i am still too pissed to say i am happy for you. i'm sure it will be a historic run and i do hope you have a great time.just for kicks, i went back to ticketmaster--they still don't list the shows as sold out. however, when you're denied tickets, they'll happily link you to their partner "ticket now" that has plenty of tickets for 8X face value or more. the website even says it is a ticketmaster company. how can these bastards get away with this? phish claims they're going to crack down on scalpers and then the very service they use is selling tickets at an 8X premium?! i am sick to my stomach.

ETA: i have no doubt that practices described in this link are still going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
ticketmaster sucks.I got in right away, had "less than 1 minute wait", then it went up to 4 mins, then by the time my request got through they were gone.I wish they still did mail order by hand with all in the instructions like the good old days...sigh
:confused: Phish Tickets By Mail was the bomb. The magic formula for getting your whole order filled was to creatively decorate your envelope... They always took care of me.We're all "customers" these days. I liked it better when we were one big family.

our group had 6 people. 3 of us on multiple machines. we were collectively able to get 1 pair of tickets to sunday night. hooray us.

another friend got the 3 day pass, but he wasn't in our pool.

:thumbdown:

this was a bogus deal. shame on phish. and finless, i think you misread that ebay price. i saw tix for $2500. :cry:

Seeing as how I just grabbed "Junta" in the debut album draft at 5.19, I cant believe these shows sold out so fast

Just kidding, but dont feel bad because Im not going to Hampton either

Maybe they'll do one of those movie theatre simulcast dealios? That'd surely rake in the dough!

I think they should open the first set with Meatstick. A sure headscratcher for some of the noobs and a disappointment for the oldsters, until they 'get it'.

Yes, I danced the meatstick at Volney. (FAIL.) So shoot me.

Maybe they'll do one of those movie theatre simulcast dealios? That'd surely rake in the dough!

I think they should open the first set with Meatstick. A sure headscratcher for some of the noobs and a disappointment for the oldsters, until they 'get it'.

Yes, I danced the meatstick at Volney. (FAIL.) So shoot me.
i :heart: meatstick. :mellow: oof. not what i meant. i like when trey laughs at how absurd it is while he's singing.

I think you need to have sex with your next Whopper "lupurbut"

Please withold this from the Phish thread..apparently youre a sad Deadhead

A little birdie told me to expect a major spring/summer tour announcement tomorrow.

Just a few bits and pieces I've heard: MSG in June, a multiple night stand at Alpine Valley and RED ROCKS!

Fullback Fro said:
Nigel Tufnel said:
Workhorse said:
A little birdie told me to expect a major spring/summer tour announcement tomorrow.

Just a few bits and pieces I've heard: MSG in June, a multiple night stand at Alpine Valley and RED ROCKS!
This is Red Rocks!! This is the Edge!!
PHISH is banned from Red Rocks. I'll believe when I see it.
Was just going to post that after I read it...Plus, doesnt the Rocks only hold like 15K people?? Theyd definitely play larger outdoor venues like Alpine Valley at least for this year/tour...and MSG in June :confused:

Doubtful they'll be playing Red Rocks. I would have been notified by now.

Deer Creek

Alpine

Shoreline

Hershey Park?

The Gorge

They won't just do huge festival sites. My thinking they as a band want to return and do some normal spots. They're not going to be playing an airforce base every weekend. I do believe they will be playing somewhere in Colorado though.

Doubtful they'll be playing Red Rocks. I would have been notified by now.

Deer Creek

Alpine

Shoreline

Hershey Park?

The Gorge

They won't just do huge festival sites. My thinking they as a band want to return and do some normal spots. They're not going to be playing an airforce base every weekend. I do believe they will be playing somewhere in Colorado though.
That would be T#ts :confused:

A little birdie told me to expect a major spring/summer tour announcement tomorrow.Just a few bits and pieces I've heard: MSG in June, a multiple night stand at Alpine Valley and RED ROCKS!
Tomorrow is today. News?
Supposedly tomorrow at 10am they will release the dates. Who knows at this point. The mad rumors now will be that they will play Asheville the week before Bonnaroo in early June. This could happen because I know for a fact both Trey and Mike think highly of Asheville. In fact in 2001 at a Trey show he said something to the effect that next to Burlington, Asheville was his favorite place. Granted he was playing in the smaller more intimate Thomas Wolfe Theatre but I was there and I heard it. That would rock beyond belief if they played there (and I got a ticket)

A little birdie told me to expect a major spring/summer tour announcement tomorrow.Just a few bits and pieces I've heard: MSG in June, a multiple night stand at Alpine Valley and RED ROCKS!
Tomorrow is today. News?
Supposedly tomorrow at 10am they will release the dates. Who knows at this point. The mad rumors now will be that they will play Asheville the week before Bonnaroo in early June. This could happen because I know for a fact both Trey and Mike think highly of Asheville. In fact in 2001 at a Trey show he said something to the effect that next to Burlington, Asheville was his favorite place. Granted he was playing in the smaller more intimate Thomas Wolfe Theatre but I was there and I heard it. That would rock beyond belief if they played there (and I got a ticket)
If they start playing more venues smaller than Hampton, I may start to boycottBoston Tea Party '09

gap for bonnaroo (6/11-14) there

link

off the top of my head, i would expect that ill make the midwest run. Maybe the east coast run too, but jones beach and camden are :thumbup: . Jones Beach is especially back for arrests and many people I know have had their cars broken into at Camden. Burgettstown or Asheville will probably end up being the sleeper show.

link

off the top of my head, i would expect that ill make the midwest run. Maybe the east coast run too, but jones beach and camden are :mellow: . Jones Beach is especially back for arrests and many people I know have had their cars broken into at Camden. Burgettstown or Asheville will probably end up being the sleeper show.
Sleeper show? Dude no offense but Asheville would be THE show. 8000 people max, nice day in the mountains both Trey and Mike said they would love to bring phish there. Plus factor in the possibility that Warren Haynes would join them, dude this is the show you have to see if you are a phish fan I promise you. Unfortunately the tickets will be 100x harder to get then Hampton. I have utterly lost my faith in anything Ticketmaster does now.

link

off the top of my head, i would expect that ill make the midwest run. Maybe the east coast run too, but jones beach and camden are :goodposting: . Jones Beach is especially back for arrests and many people I know have had their cars broken into at Camden. Burgettstown or Asheville will probably end up being the sleeper show.
Sleeper show? Dude no offense but Asheville would be THE show. 8000 people max, nice day in the mountains both Trey and Mike said they would love to bring phish there. Plus factor in the possibility that Warren Haynes would join them, dude this is the show you have to see if you are a phish fan I promise you. Unfortunately the tickets will be 100x harder to get then Hampton. I have utterly lost my faith in anything Ticketmaster does now.
How do you gather this?? I realize it holds 5k less ppl apparently, but the demand wont be nearly as much. Not saying it will be an easy ticket thoughIm just happy I know Ill at least be at Pittsburgh, which is always a nasty show

link

off the top of my head, i would expect that ill make the midwest run. Maybe the east coast run too, but jones beach and camden are ;) . Jones Beach is especially back for arrests and many people I know have had their cars broken into at Camden. Burgettstown or Asheville will probably end up being the sleeper show.
How do you gather this?? I realize it holds 5k less ppl apparently, but the demand wont be nearly as much. Not saying it will be an easy ticket thoughIm just happy I know Ill at least be at Pittsburgh, which is always a nasty show
Every crusty hippie from here to Cali will be trying to get that show. It will be the hottest by far. Plus it is up in the mountains with a day on each side of it to travel and hang out. I promise you this will be the hardest and most expensive ticket to get. I used to live in Asheville and I can promise you everybody in that town will be trying to go plus the other phish fans. Just my 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread