Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• 11 months later...
49 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The Seahawks just did something I've been calling for for years - a dropkick kickoff. The possibilities for onsides kicks are endless if this is properly utilized. Anyway I'm glad to see this. Props to Pete Carroll.

Why was it from the 50? Was there a penalty or is that where you kick from if doing a drop kick?

56 minutes ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

The Seahawks just did something I've been calling for for years - a dropkick kickoff. The possibilities for onsides kicks are endless if this is properly utilized. Anyway I'm glad to see this. Props to Pete Carroll.

Particularly smart for Seattle to put the ball in the hands of their second best player.

• Like 3
On 9/18/2018 at 0:55 AM, Hot Sauce Guy said:

I had to manually adjust in a passing touchdown for a defensive back. That’s a first for my 12+ year IDP league. 

Moreover, it was a 66 yard TD (3.3 + 6) with a 50+ yard bonus (1) and a completion for .3

pretty tricky play.

Wait, why do that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

From 2019, right tackle eligible... deep.

- Seeing some of the linemen during the combine this should be more of a common play.

Big boy with the wheels! :o 

Surprised the Kevin Byard touchdown pass didn’t make this resurrected topic. in 15 years of playing IDP I can’t recall another time a DB threw a TD. 
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPe1lpLCFqk

I never understood why Slash wasn't a trend especially for teams like the Steelers then, that don't have a running mobile QB. Simply lining the QB out wide and putting the WR at QB often created a defensive set that was perfect to run against.

I see Bowden went from Raiders to the Fins. Anthony Ratliff Williams last year, Keenan Reynolds for a few years, Cobb for like 10 years. It's easily there if a team wants it.

I'll still argue Ronnie Brown was the Fins best QB since Marino.

I think the reason is so many speedy lil LBers. There's a belief that they can get anywhere fast that takes away some gamesmanship. I don't agree but David Lee (the creator of the wildcat O) only lasted a few years in the NFL and then was pushed to college and XFL IIRC.

I think the Titans and Ravens have gotten it right by simply using bigger bodies on offense. I noticed Denver stealing the Titans screen to the TE play, Belichick drafted the biggest MLB in like 10-15 years, and of course AJ Dillon going to the Pack where he got two carries cold and still got 7ypc. 

Right now, I think the trend is to get bigger than these speedy LBers (that took an awfully long time to catch on from the Jimmy Johnson cowboys days) but it will eventually be something else. I don't know what, that'll be the next trend. They each offer a counter that's useful so they won't go away entirely. 

As long as Rashaan Evans, Jaylen Smith, Myles Jack etc can cover these super athlete TEs or jump at the slot WR in a misaligned D...they're just too fast for a trick play to have that affect where we fooled them and they can't recover. These speedy guys can definitely recover.

I played basketball til I was 30 and every coach always had us fake often against the super quick guys. In the late 80s, early 90s, Marino and a few others pump faked beautifully. I think that might be the next adjustment to the speedy backers. 

• Like 2