What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBC HD feed (1 Viewer)

-X-

Footballguy
Is anyone else noticing that NBC's HD feed is friggin' horrible tonight? Lots of dropped frames, not smooth at all.

Last week it was ok, at least it was smooth and not jerky. How would you rank the HD channels for football? So far I have it as:

FOX

ESPN

ABC

CBS

NBC

I haven't seen NFLN HD yet, as Comcast still doesn't have it locally, so I can't include them. I've read that it was pretty good from some posts here.

Last edited by a moderator:
My off air antenna doesn't pick up the NBC HD feed....but DirecTV and my local NBC station won't give me the channel from the satellite...

Bastages.

1. ESPN

2. Fox

3. ABC

4. CBS

5. NBC

However, CBS College games (more specifically SEC games) seem to be the absolute best HD Football experiences there are for me.

Weird that it doesn't carry over to the NFL.

I know many haven't seen it, but YES HD (Yankees) games looked awesome. Channel 95 on Directv with MLB package sometimes picks up YES HD games.

However, CBS College games (more specifically SEC games) seem to be the absolute best HD Football experiences there are for me.Weird that it doesn't carry over to the NFL.
haven't seen many NFL games on CBS-HD, but defintely :goodposting: on the SEC gamesNBC has had a lot of pixelation all year. gotta be bandwidth isssues

Last edited by a moderator:
On my old RPTV set (it is HD though), ABC always has had the clearest NFL coverage and I'm sad that it is no longer. Fox is really close though. I'm sure ESPNHD has similar quality, but since it is being broadcast as HDlite on my satellite it's not as good as ABC was. Here's how I'd rank them in general:

FOX

ESPN

NFLN

NBC

CBS

1080i is just a poor format to do fast action sports, hence my low ratings for NBC and CBS. Things blur out really often when a large amount of info needs to get transmitted quickly. 720p will be my choice for years to come until they figure out how to do 1080p for broadcast media. BTW, anyone who has only experienced HD via cable or satellite as opposed to OTA antenna ir REALLY missing out on true HD!

Users who are viewing this thread