What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (6 Viewers)

awesome KO by Wandy. Stann's just not nearly as good when he's trying to measure himself and be a counterpuncher as he is when he's going all out aggressive.
That fight was a matter of timing and luck. Both guys were swinging for the fences, just a matter of time before one was going to get too rocked. Wandy looked in trouble a few times, and so did Stann. I am just loving that they covered the over 1.5 rounds, and Wandy won :banned:

awesome KO by Wandy. Stann's just not nearly as good when he's trying to measure himself and be a counterpuncher as he is when he's going all out aggressive.
That fight was a matter of timing and luck. Both guys were swinging for the fences, just a matter of time before one was going to get too rocked. Wandy looked in trouble a few times, and so did Stann. I am just loving that they covered the over 1.5 rounds, and Wandy won :banned:
first round, agreed - second round I thought Stann backed off the gas quite a bit.

i really hate how late these cards can go. i need to watch these before i go to work. i am completely pumped right now and won't be able to get to sleep for a few hours now

Wandy getting a double bonus, FotN and KOotN, and Dana feeling generous and paying 2 KO bonuses, Hunt getting one too. :thumbup:
sounds like Hunt broke Struve's jaw. i really wanted to see Lavar Johnson-Hunt, but i guess Hunt needs to move up the ladder. Maybe Overeem?
I'm thinking Nelson or, dare I say it.....Carwin?Either way I think he is one win away from a title shot.#ArmyofDoomETA: To be honest, I still think Hunt was more deserving of a title shot than Frank Mir at the time against JDS.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright, i think K-Flo has had enough of a chance as a color commentator. the guy still annoys the hell out of me, and i really try to give him a chance. is there no way we can't try some other guys? maybe they are waiting for Frank Mir to retire? he just annoys the hell out of me, and i can't even really pinpoint why. i know one that kills me is that he acts like everything that happens is the greatest that has happened in the cage ever
Have to agree. Wish they could get Bas for the non-Rogan shows.
:goodposting: would love Bas. Him or Don Frye, guy was awesome when they gave him a chance. Only a small sample, and there are better out there, but this is what i found for now:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7je8ZOk6e-4
dude, Don Frye would be awesome but I doubt they'll ever let him near a Fox-related broadcast. some of his Shark Fights lines - "they're like a couple'a whores fighting over a loose dollar", etc. - would give the network a heart attack.
:lmao: Don Frye, my all time favorite fighter and MMA personality. :banned: Shark Fight Quotes:courtesy of middleeasy.com"This is the type of fight that makes you want to go home and say 'Man I should be selling cars'""The Armenians are tough. They come from a war-torn homeland.""All southpaws oughta be drowned at birth.""...was like a couple a' whores fightin' over a loose dollar.""Darabedyan is a mean little Armenian. He's going to go for the kill here.""The ref is the enemy, so are the judges.""There are big heavy boys...and then they're going to get a bucket of fried chicken.""I scratched my back and a puppy fell out.""All these goofy guys are painting their toe nails, by the time it takes to paint your toe nails, you can do a 3 mile run.""Have you seen his ears? They're like potatoes, looks like his head was stuck in the birth canal for 4 hours and they had to beat him out with a stick.""You know, the electricity in your house could make a difference [in a fight].""I think it comes from my scrotum.""Like a wet fart...don't pretend like you haven't done it.""A couple of tribal vikings out there, blonde hair, blue eyes.""I didn't know France was ever in a fight.""[a country] declared war on Spain, and France surrendered.""You don't want the Tito Ortiz list of excuses here.""[bas Rutten] is the ugly guy here.""They act like they owe each other money." [Joey Villasenor vs. Danillo Villefort]"At least he's got clean underwear on" [Joey Villasenor]"Skin off a mules ###." [in reference to Bas Rutten]"The beer sales must be good tonight.""He's so awkward, like a rabid octopus.""I need a shot of tequila and a cigarette.""They're both a couple of caveman and they got whacked.""They haven't thrown an easy punch yet. Everything's been mean.""Houston Alexander can run for mayor in Amarillo and they'll have him."

Alright, it is time we start to talk about creating a universal language. I don't care if we pick some words from each language so nobody gets their panties in a bunch, but i think we are ready to put this into action. These press conferences are a pain in the ### with all the different languages going back and forth

Alright, it is time we start to talk about creating a universal language. I don't care if we pick some words from each language so nobody gets their panties in a bunch, but i think we are ready to put this into action. These press conferences are a pain in the ### with all the different languages going back and forth
Whatever universal language you chose, Anderson Silva still wouldn't speak it.Those of you with Netflix Instant Watch, be sure to check out the "Like Water" documentary on Silva. The Fitch one "Such Great Heights" is pretty decent too.

Silva has been on the wrong end of those exchanges just about every time since he's been in the UFC. He was due I guess.

Struve's jaw X-ray:https://twitter.com/StefanStruve/status/308322949000212480/photo/1Fear the Army of Doom.Struve should be thanking Hunt for the walk off, he must have heard/felt the break

Someone want to try to justify Okami still being on the roster after Fitch was cut? They're pretty much the same fighter.
Okami is Japanese, Fitch is American.
funny enough, but :goodposting: . that and the WW division is stacked, not as many guys at MW on the radar
Fitch doesn't eat punches like Okami does. He is a textbook gatekeeper. He can showcase a striking prospect or send someone without wrestling and clinch ability off the radar.

Saw a few fans were outraged that Diego won (and Gomi Lost). Re-watched the fight again. I don't think Diego won. I don't think Gomi won. Would have called it a draw.Edit: And to think if Diego had a point deducted for low kicks, it would have been a majority draw.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it is possible to not be a Mark Hunt fan. Overeem is injured and can't fight JDS, and this is what Hunt said:

"If I get the call for the fight, I'm there, of course," Hunt told MMAFighting.com Wednesday night, "and the fans are crazy for it, so it's good. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I'm not injured. I'm always down for a battle. I was born down. You know this."

I don't think it is possible to not be a Mark Hunt fan. Overeem is injured and can't fight JDS, and this is what Hunt said:"If I get the call for the fight, I'm there, of course," Hunt told MMAFighting.com Wednesday night, "and the fans are crazy for it, so it's good. Sounds like a pretty good idea to me. I'm not injured. I'm always down for a battle. I was born down. You know this."
"injured"

'Cliff Clavin said:
'EYLive said:
'Cliff Clavin said:
Listening to the conference call right now. Diaz = :trainwreck:. I don't think I've ever heard someone so dumb talk so much.
As long as he's not MIA, I'm happy.
He was late for it. Seriously, this is painful. Just rambling, incoherent garbage.
say what? come on man, that was awesome.Diaz: "yeah George maybe if I got some tight shorts and a haircut and had somebody butter me up halfway through and talk all that s*** in my ear, yeah maybe I'd be doing great too"

"yeah you've done a lot, you worked on your backflip and got it down"

"nobody wants to see five minutes of holding - I think they ought to deduct a point for that or running away - you should have to punch me out to win. Someday people will realize this stuff and say hey this guy's been here saying this all along"

"I mean I think I ought to be viewed as a superhero man, a superhero coming to cut through all the bull****"

GSP: "I can't understand half of the words you're saying - my English is better than yours"

"listen you uneducated fool, something you would have learned if you had ever been a success"

plus Nick's rant about not being pampered and story about the soccer mom cussing him out had me rolling :lmao:

'Cliff Clavin said:
'EYLive said:
'Cliff Clavin said:
Listening to the conference call right now. Diaz = :trainwreck:. I don't think I've ever heard someone so dumb talk so much.
As long as he's not MIA, I'm happy.
He was late for it. Seriously, this is painful. Just rambling, incoherent garbage.
say what? come on man, that was awesome.Diaz: "yeah George maybe if I got some tight shorts and a haircut and had somebody butter me up halfway through and talk all that s*** in my ear, yeah maybe I'd be doing great too"

"yeah you've done a lot, you worked on your backflip and got it down"

"nobody wants to see five minutes of holding - I think they ought to deduct a point for that or running away - you should have to punch me out to win. Someday people will realize this stuff and say hey this guy's been here saying this all along"

"I mean I think I ought to be viewed as a superhero man, a superhero coming to cut through all the bull****"

GSP: "I can't understand half of the words you're saying - my English is better than yours"

"listen you uneducated fool, something you would have learned if you had ever been a success"

plus Nick's rant about not being pampered and story about the soccer mom cussing him out had me rolling :lmao:
There were some good lines in there but the inane rambling was painful to listen to.

We'd have category for weight classes and each "owner" would pick 3-4 fighters for each, a coach/trainer/training camp category, a retired/HOF category, if we want to get really nerdy, we can pick arenas, announcers, ring girls, bad judges, etc.

Is there any interest in getting an MMA draft going? :nerd:
How would such a draft work?
If be in not sure how it would work but maybe like the wwe draft. Draft to either make the best card, or draft to Create the best org, etc. maybe salary cap if you are starting a new org and what you would get (I.e. don't invest a ton of your money in getting fedor)
I was thinking best organization or best fight camp sort of thing, but best card is interesting as well.
We go into a thread where we name MMA fighters and then talk about them. Basically what we do now with numbers attached.
Pretty much. Would we be able to get around 10 drafters for this thing? I'll fire up an official sign-up/draft thread if it's a Go.

If be in not sure how it would work but maybe like the wwe draft. Draft to either make the best card, or draft to Create the best org, etc. maybe salary cap if you are starting a new org and what you would get (I.e. don't invest a ton of your money in getting fedor)
I was thinking best organization or best fight camp sort of thing, but best card is interesting as well.
We go into a thread where we name MMA fighters and then talk about them. Basically what we do now with numbers attached.
Pretty much. Would we be able to get around 10 drafters for this thing? I'll fire up an official sign-up/draft thread if it's a Go.
Well geez EY, now you got me excited. I say we start it up soon, and we can get as many people want to come in. Now you have me thinking about this for the last few hours designing my org./card/etc.And funny episode of Inside MMA tonight. They brought on some d-bag from some goofy news source in Milwaukee who hates MMA and Women's MMA. Just kind of funny seeing Kenny rip the dude apart and Bas laughing

Reem out of the May JDS fight. Hunt takes his place. He will probably come in as a huge underdog, but I think he has a real shot to win it. That match up is perfect for him.

Reem out of the May JDS fight. Hunt takes his place. He will probably come in as a huge underdog, but I think he has a real shot to win it. That match up is perfect for him.
Man I hope so. I hope a lot of fighters got inspired by brain Stan's performance and JDS chooses to stand with hunt for most of the fight. He can take it down if he has to, but keeping it standing will be what everyone wants to see (unless hunt is able to look as good one the ground as he did at times with struve). If these cards can avoid the injury bug we will be set up with some great cards or the next few months

Users who are viewing this thread