Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title

• Replies 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• modogg

• SacramentoBob

• AhrnCityPahnder

• Craig_MiamiFL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forgot to mention - got my BJJ purple belt a couple weeks ago.

***OFFICIAL NOTICE***: Any further talk of Ronda Rousey vs (a TUF Contestant/A male bantanweight / a bear / a horse sized duck / steven segal / whatever ) -- someone else start a new thread and

Random nerd on reddit doing the lords work.   a gif of every KO of the night since UFC started awarding the Bonus 11 years ago at UFC61.   http://imgur.com/a/OfR0P

Of course GSP by decision is the overwhelming pick. That makes the most sense. And my head tells me that's what likely will happen. But, pick your cliche here. "Styles make fights"..."You never know"..."Anything Can Happen" Diaz is very talented everywhere in the octagon. I really hope GSP wants to trade with Diaz for a while, because we will be guaranteed a great fight. GSP is a talented enough striker to do that. Of course, that's a more risky approach for him. I just hope GSP doesn't use a Condit gameplan, and doesn't dryhump for 5 rounds. Either way, psyched for this fight. CMON DIAZ. :drive:

I can see GSP doing something like he did to Koschek. He wants to push Diaz, and he doesn't respect Diaz's boxing (at least that is what he is saying). He might go in there and target breaking his eye socket with the jab like he did Koschek, or going after a broken nose. Then he can always take the fight to the ground from there and frustrate Diaz just for the sake of pissing him off. The psychology involved in this fight is going to be the most entertaining aspect of it.

Roop looks absolutely emaciated at 135 lbs. If he has any chance of winning this fight at all he has to score a round 1 KO. At 135 he will be slow, will have a hard time dictating range, and will wear down exponentially. This is Duran's fight to lose.

kind of disagree, only because Roop has always looked that way

Just read Rick Hawn and Karo Parisyan will fight at Bellator 95. I know KP is a headcase and can show up totally unmotivated as of late, but if he decides to take this seriously, this is one of the best judoka v judoka MMA fights on American soil that I can remember.

edit : reading wiki, it still blows my mind that Parisyan is only 30 now. His pro debut was more than 13 years ago.

Edited by AhrnCityPahnder

Duran, you dummy. Nailed Roop's chin 4 or 5 times the opening round and then decided he wanted to wrestle.

30-27 Roop? We have 1 blind judge for the night.

Where can I find the prelim to the prelim fights on tv/computer?

First three just on facebook, then f/x before ppv.
I'm going to the bar for the later ones, just finishing up work and wanted to catch the 1st few. Thanks bud

Just read Rick Hawn and Karo Parisyan will fight at Bellator 95. I know KP is a headcase and can show up totally unmotivated as of late, but if he decides to take this seriously, this is one of the best judoka v judoka MMA fights on American soil that I can remember.edit : reading wiki, it still blows my mind that Parisyan is only 30 now. His pro debut was more than 13 years ago.

That is crazy. He he comes to fight it will be fireworks for sure.

Went with Story, Miller, Marquardt and GSP. May put a bit on Condit also.

:goodposting: i was thinking of Miller as well, at +240 it is always fun taking the veteran against the young whipper-snappers. and i would love to take George, but still feeling butt-hurt from Overeem and Rashad

Just read Rick Hawn and Karo Parisyan will fight at Bellator 95. I know KP is a headcase and can show up totally unmotivated as of late, but if he decides to take this seriously, this is one of the best judoka v judoka MMA fights on American soil that I can remember.edit : reading wiki, it still blows my mind that Parisyan is only 30 now. His pro debut was more than 13 years ago.

definitely. i just can't believe Karo is only 30.

Duran, you dummy. Nailed Roop's chin 4 or 5 times the opening round and then decided he wanted to wrestle.30-27 Roop? We have 1 blind judge for the night.

:shrug: You could easily make a case for a 30-27 card. Roop was far more active in all three rounds. Even when Duran was on top in the first round, Roop outstruck him from the bottom, by a lot.

George Roop: "There’s no way I won that 30-27. I got work to do in the gym, but I will be back better next time."

Heh. Edited by Abrantes

definitely. i just can't believe Karo is only 30.
Karo's problem has been getting his life straight outside the cage with substance abuse... if he's good there, he might be able to make some noise.

158 picks:CoteElkinsMeinCruickshankFletcherRingEllenbergerConditGSP (but I'll be rooting like hell for a Diaz upset)

hmm Fletcher? What do you see in that one? i was thinking of grabbing him becuase he is over +300

Duran, you dummy. Nailed Roop's chin 4 or 5 times the opening round and then decided he wanted to wrestle.30-27 Roop? We have 1 blind judge for the night.

:shrug: You could easily make a case for a 30-27 card. Roop was far more active in all three rounds. Even when Duran was on top in the first round, Roop outstruck him from the bottom, by a lot.

George Roop: "There’s no way I won that 30-27. I got work to do in the gym, but I will be back better next time."

Heh.
Either way, his gas tank was astonishing. That's what I get for arguing with Mo.

Starting to 2nd guess my pick on Ring. Why does he always look like he's dying? I kind of forgot his last fight was canceled after the weigh-ins in November. I think he looked just as bad on the scale yesterday.

Camozzi ITD looks worth playing.

What Dan Miller did everyone see that is picking him?

He has never beat a guy currently fighting in the UFC. Mein's fight resume the last couple years is leaps and bounds above Dan's. His weight cut looked tough.

158 picks:CoteElkinsMeinCruickshankFletcherRingEllenbergerConditGSP (but I'll be rooting like hell for a Diaz upset)

hmm Fletcher? What do you see in that one? i was thinking of grabbing him becuase he is over +300
just a hunch - Ricci had a lot of problems staying off his back against Smith, and that's Fletcher's style too. But honestly I think that one's a tossup and could go either way.

He has never beat a guy currently fighting in the UFC. Mein's fight resume the last couple years is leaps and bounds above Dan's. His weight cut looked tough.

Neither has Mein. He had twice as many fights as Dan in that time period, and against inferior competition. Obviously his resumé will look better. Doesn't mean he is better.

Starting to 2nd guess my pick on Ring. Why does he always look like he's dying?

:lmao:

I agree with this.

just a hunch - Ricci had a lot of problems staying off his back against Smith, and that's Fletcher's style too. But honestly I think that one's a tossup and could go either way.
Ricci's fight against Smith was at 170 lbs. Hard to give to much grief to a striker against a wrestler of that size. I love that he ignored shaking hands with Fletcher at the weigh in. I think by putting this fight on the ppv the UFC has major faith in Ricci as a prospect at 155 lbs.

Makdessi 29-28.Solid opener.

Crowd was booing 25 second in. Idiots.
Was going to mention the same thing. Awful.I remember the same #### happening at the last PPV in Canada early on. And the PPV wound up being one of the worst in UFC history. And the fans at that event deserved it.

Bellator still pisses me off with their ego about UFC fighters getting cut though. Grabbing Etim, Sass, and half the other guys dropped by the UFC would have beefed up their roster a lot. Stupid to act like they are too good for guys cut by the UFC

2014 we might see a re-match of Rory vs Mein. Rory beat him in Mein's first pro fight. I think they both might have been 17 at the time.

• AhrnCityPahnder changed the title to UFC wagering: GSP -- I waz eeempressed by your performances. Godspeed!