What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (2 Viewers)

ETA: Really looking forward to seeing Lawlor KO Hendricks. If Big Rig gets lucky and escapes that bout, then i am equally as happy to see Condit destroy Hendricks and hold the belt for awhile.
:lmao: You really do hate Hendricks. I hate to break it to you, but the guy is pretty ####### good.

Love tonight's card. Smaller guys much more exciting to watch. No fighters over 170 on tonight's card.

FS1 Prelims starting :coffee:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love tonight's card. Smaller guys much more exciting to watch. No fighters over 170 on tonight's card.

FS1 Prelims starting :coffee:
it's always been bad, but i swear California audiences are easily one of the worst out there. they constantly boo, and just seem to be out of tune with the fights.

:yawn: Cody McKenzie.

Too much gullotine or bust. Might work against lower levels of fighters where being a one trick pony may be effective. UFC not so much.

Makovsky :thumbup: . looking forward to his next fight when he has more than 2 weeks to get ready. looked like the weight cut drained him in the 2nd

Must have not been paying close enough attention, but Jorgensen lost 30-27 on all cards? Seemed closer.

Hoping Healy won with that last flurry.Gonna be close
well, i'm close to stop betting on fights in California. I thought the fight could go either way, but 2 judges giving the fight 30-27 to Green is just either a major injustice in the way fights are scored, or just insanity by the judges. Healy was the aggressor the entire fight, so i thought that would give him the decision. Combined with the flurry at the end of the 3rd, i thought he had 28-27 secured. No doubt a tough fight to score, but i don't know what made these guys felt Green dominated either then the fact that he was flashier, which is scary. It is the Leonard Garcia effect all over again

well, i'm close to stop betting on fights in California. I thought the fight could go either way, but 2 judges giving the fight 30-27 to Green is just either a major injustice in the way fights are scored, or just insanity by the judges. Healy was the aggressor the entire fight, so i thought that would give him the decision. Combined with the flurry at the end of the 3rd, i thought he had 28-27 secured. No doubt a tough fight to score, but i don't know what made these guys felt Green dominated either then the fact that he was flashier, which is scary. It is the Leonard Garcia effect all over again
Just because you're the aggressor doesn't mean you're the victor. When you're coming forward and getting hit with 2-3 shots in a row with no answer, you're just a moving punching bag. That said, I thought Healy won the 2nd but Green got the best of the standup and staggered Healy in two separate rounds and there was no clear winner in the grappling outside that last 10 second flurry from Healy.

Just because you're the aggressor doesn't mean you're the victor. When you're coming forward and getting hit with 2-3 shots in a row with no answer, you're just a moving punching bag. That said, I thought Healy won the 2nd but Green got the best of the standup and staggered Healy in two separate rounds and there was no clear winner in the grappling outside that last 10 second flurry from Healy.
i agree it was tough to score. I think it was also one of those fights where if you mute it it is a completely different fight. Rogan was licking Green's balls the whole time. Yes, Green had nice head movement, but every time Healy threw 3 or 4 punch combos he landed something. Quite a few body shots landed. Green needs to be a little careful because he looks like he thinks he is better then he is. I really am not sure either guy won the stand up. Healy suffers from the same thing a lot of guys suffer from in that the shots he absorbs show up on his face a lot more than they Green's.

In honesty, i wasn't watching it close enough to give a solid feel for the fight as a whole (damn old Xmas lights :rant: ). but the 2 things that stood out to me were green looking a lot flashier then Rogan's calls were letting on, and the fact that Healy was the attacker for most of the fight. I just get worried that it was the flashiness that won green that fight

Huge comeback by Barboza.

Gonna be interesting to see how they score the Rounds in favor of each. Thought maybe Castillo could ride to a majority draw (if he survives rest of fight), but Barboza just pushed the pace even more at the end of Round 2 so could have been 10-8 as well.

Huge comeback by Barboza.

Gonna be interesting to see how they score the Rounds in favor of each. Thought maybe Castillo could ride to a majority draw (if he survives rest of fight), but Barboza just pushed the pace even more at the end of Round 2.
Yeah, if Barboza wins this 3rd round i think this should be a draw. If that 1st wasn't a 10-8 for Castillo, i am not sure what would warrant one. Not only did he land the big shots, but he has 1 or 2 subs that weren't too far away.

Interesting the other 2 judges didn't score Round 1 10-8. I gave Barboza round 2 10-8 in return even if a little less decisive.

FoTN - Barboza v Castillo

KOoTN - Mighty Mouse

SoTN - Faber

Pretty easy when there were only 2 KOs and 1 sub, but they were both award winning regardless.

Ending up being a really good free card for the casual fight fan who tuned in.

I was way behind on DVR, didnt finish up until almost 1am.

a few thoughts:

Roger Bowling looks like CB Dolloway and Roger Huerta had a baby.

I expected Makovsky would have a nice showing but get outclassed by Jorgenson. ZM looked really good. Also, looks like Jorgenson skin bleaching is complete. He looks a little off being that white with his features.

the Healy/Green match: standing went like I expected but I really underestimated how good Green would be getting back on his feet. I thought Green would beat him up for a round, Healy would weather it, then when Green started to slow he'd get on top of him and submit. Well done by Green.

I need to watch Barboza/Castillo again , because it sure seemed like Barboza grabbed the fence to escape a submission. If that's the case the ref should have immediately taken a point (if not DQd), and this fight would have been a majority draw.

Joe Lauzon vs Mac Danzig is probably the highest combined IQ fight the UFC has ever seen.

Faber looked like a monster.

who's next for Mighty Mouse? Being that MM has beaten all the top guys already,and all the 5-10 guys have all been beaten by the top 4 guys I have to think Makovsky is at least in the discussion now. Let Makovsky fight Gaudinot or Bagautinov and give the winner a title shot.

who's next for Mighty Mouse? Being that MM has beaten all the top guys already,and all the 5-10 guys have all been beaten by the top 4 guys I have to think Makovsky is at least in the discussion now. Let Makovsky fight Gaudinot or Bagautinov and give the winner a title shot.
Dodson is the best fight for him. The division is just so thin though. It's his 4th title fight and they already had to recycle someone.

Payroll numbers

* Demetrious Johnson: $250,000 (includes $125,000 win bonus)

* Joseph Benavidez: $42,000

* Urijah Faber: $200,000 (includes $100,000 win bonus)

* Michael McDonald: $17,000

* Chad Mendes: $90,000 (includes $45,000 win bonus)

* Nick Lentz: $29,000

* Joe Lauzon: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)

* Mac Danzig: $32,000

* Ryan LaFlare: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)

* Court McGee: $20,000

* Edson Barboza: $52,000 (includes $26,000 win bonus)

* Danny Castillo: $31,000

* Bobby Green: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)

* Pat Healy: $25,000

* Zach Makovsky: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)

* Scott Jorgensen: $26,000

* Sam Stout: $60,000 (includes $30,000 win bonus)

* Cody McKenzie: $12,000

* Abel Trujillo: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)

* Roger Bowling: $12,000

* Alptekin Ozkilic: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)

* Darren Uyenoyama: $12,000

Bigfoot fails post-fight drug test, loses $50k bonus.
The UFC better get their arms around this stuff as it is turning into a circus. If what Bigfoot says below is true, this is pretty dumb

The ridiculousness of the testosterone replacement therapy issue is reaching new heights this week after Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva testing positive for testosterone above his allowable levels at UFC Fight Night 33.

The UFC heavyweight is blaming the test on the doctor overseeing his treatment, Dr. Marcio Tannure - who happens to be the UFC's doctor in Brazil. Silva says he simply took the dosage as recommended by Tannure, and he plans to do something about it. First, Silva posted the email he received from Tannure telling him to increase the frequency of his treatment, and in an interview with MMAFighting.com, Silva further discussed the issue.

"I just did what they told me to do," Silva said. "I'd never do something different that what the doctor told me to. I looked for a doctor with a good reputation, and he's the UFC's doctor in Brazil. I knew I'd be tested before and after the fight. Unfortunately, now I have to find the legal ways to overturn this situation or at least prove I'm not guilty."

"I took a shot at the same day he sent me that e-mail, and he asked me if I had another one to take with me to Australia, to take on fight week. He authorized everything. I did exactly as I was informed to do.

"You go get help with a doctor, you do the right thing, and now this story tarnishes my professional career. It tarnishes the great fight I did with Mark Hunt, and gave me a huge financial loss. The doctor knows that I cut weight, he knows how the body of a MMA fighter reacts. He should know at what level I would be with one shot. I felt like a lab rat. I did everything I was told to do and now I'm the cheater."

Silva plans to go through the entire process he went through in the lead up to the fight to show that it was not his fault for the elevated levels found in his system. And though this situation is disconcerting towards the entire process, he believes the testosterone therapy is a necessity to treat his acromegaly and he hopes to continue it in the future.

"I'll take the exact dosage I took, the exact timetable, and will get a doctor here in the U.S. and a doctor in Brazil to show to the fans that this is horrible for my career and the sport," he said. "I want to prove that it was not my fault. When I have all the exams from both doctors, I want to sue [Dr. Tannure] for the moral and financial prejudice that he has caused me."

"It's up to the UFC [if I continue to use TRT], I don't know what's going to happen. If they allow me to, I want to continue, but now with a doctor that won't give me any problems. I want to continue the treatment because it's good for my personal life and my career as well. If you know what acromegaly is, you know what I have. My hormonal levels are not normal, my testosterone is too low, and I want to be on normal levels."

"I thought about a thousand things since this all happened. I considered leaving the sport because of these unfair things, but I don't give up that easily. I have to show that it was not my fault."

Silva sounds like he's looking for a fall guy. I'll go with Doc's word over a guy that's previously failed a drug test for steroids.....

Simple solution is to eliminate TRT use.

Silva sounds like he's looking for a fall guy. I'll go with Doc's word over a guy that's previously failed a drug test for steroids.....
if he is stating the truth, he was following the doctors advice, and it was a UFC doctor to boot. He is even showing the emails.

Something about the way he is complaining makes me think there is more to this than just the normal guy trying to get past the tests.

And yes, I agree just ban TRT. I don't understand why the UFC allows this. Baseball buried its head in the sand because steroids was being used to get the game popular again after the world series cancellation fiasco in the 90's. I don't see what upside the UFC gets by allowing this.

Something about the way he is complaining makes me think there is more to this than just the normal guy trying to get past the tests.
$$$

Emails prove little to me. Silva has his personal doc as well. Again, the guy has already blatantly cheated previously. You're right the way he is complaining reminds me of the likes of Ryan Braun among others, trying to blame anyone/everyone but themselves.

I will never ever give the benefit of the doubt to any athlete that's blatantly cheated in the past. :shrug: That's my mindset in today's sports world.

I just got around to watching the Bigfoot/Hunt fight. Cheating or not, that was one hell of a fight. Holy crap. It was like the good old days all over again.

I'm sure that a good chunk of the reason Hendricks bothers me so much is because of Laymon. Listening to Big Rig and Laymon ##### and moan in this clip has me hoping so bad Lawlor KO's him clean. Listening to these guys complain about the decision as much as they are has me hoping GSP clears his head and comes back and lights up Hendricks in 1.5 rounds, then drags d-bag Laymon in the octagon and gives him a beating too

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/23/5240624/dana-white-ufc-168-video-blog-pt-1-behind-scenes-st-pierre-hendricks-schwarzenegger-mma

Users who are viewing this thread