What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

I'm sure that a good chunk of the reason Hendricks bothers me so much is because of Laymon. Listening to Big Rig and Laymon ##### and moan in this clip has me hoping so bad Lawlor KO's him clean. Listening to these guys complain about the decision as much as they are has me hoping GSP clears his head and comes back and lights up Hendricks in 1.5 rounds, then drags d-bag Laymon in the octagon and gives him a beating too

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/23/5240624/dana-white-ufc-168-video-blog-pt-1-behind-scenes-st-pierre-hendricks-schwarzenegger-mma
Cool video. Thanks for sharing. I have no problem with anything that was said. He thought he won, has a valid case and is pissed that he didn't get the decision.

I'm sure that a good chunk of the reason Hendricks bothers me so much is because of Laymon. Listening to Big Rig and Laymon ##### and moan in this clip has me hoping so bad Lawlor KO's him clean. Listening to these guys complain about the decision as much as they are has me hoping GSP clears his head and comes back and lights up Hendricks in 1.5 rounds, then drags d-bag Laymon in the octagon and gives him a beating too

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/23/5240624/dana-white-ufc-168-video-blog-pt-1-behind-scenes-st-pierre-hendricks-schwarzenegger-mma
Cool video. Thanks for sharing. I have no problem with anything that was said. He thought he won, has a valid case and is pissed that he didn't get the decision.
I didn't have any problems either considering it was right after the fight and emotions were likely still at a boil.

If he continues that stance, than yeah, it will get old. Anytime he is asked now, he should just stick with one theme, "I should have knocked him out and never left it in the judges hands"

You can't go wrong with that cliche in the eyes of anyone (well outside the judges :) )

I didn't have any problems either considering it was right after the fight and emotions were likely still at a boil.

If he continues that stance, than yeah, it will get old. Anytime he is asked now, he should just stick with one theme, "I should have knocked him out and never left it in the judges hands"

You can't go wrong with that cliche in the eyes of anyone (well outside the judges :) )
At this point now that GSP has vacated the belt, absolutely; no more griping about the decision. Before that happened though, I was still cool with it b/c I took it as him trying to get GSP back into the ring for rematch.

Brandao came in 8 pounds over weight for his fight against Poirier. 8 pounds is a biggie, i was looking forward to this fight too

Brandao came in 8 pounds over weight for his fight against Poirier. 8 pounds is a biggie, i was looking forward to this fight too
Wow, I'd be crazy pissed if I was Poirier. How much overweight does someone have to be to where the commission says you can't fight? I mean 8 pounds, he didn't even try to make the weight, 2 pounds away from lightweight.

Jesus. He already has suspect cardio, so he'll be dead if he even makes it out of the first. Poirier is a beast, back the truck up.

Wow, I'd be crazy pissed if I was Poirier. How much overweight does someone have to be to where the commission says you can't fight? I mean 8 pounds, he didn't even try to make the weight, 2 pounds away from lightweight.
the stare down with those 2 was sweet, Poirier was pissed. Will be a crazy 1st round, and we'll see what happens after that

Still <3 Rousey. :wub:
:goodposting: :goodposting:

I'm not sure what I laugh more at though...the negative Rowdy spin here or Modogg's obsession with Bigg Rigg. LOLz...love ya Mo.
:shrug: i can't explain it.

and hilarious with Rousey and Tate at the hotel they are at. By some strange chance, their rooms are right next to each other. it sounds like they moved Miesha, but funny stuff with these 2:

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/27/5248842/neighbor-ronda-rousey-miesha-tate-hotel-rooms-next-door-mgm-grand-las-vegas

and while we wait for tomorrow, here is a nice tune up: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1902785-batman-robin-and-spider-man-fight-in-video-with-general-wtf-appeal

I used to love Rousey. I friend of mine trained with AnnMaria De Mars (her mom) in judo. I have every reason to like her. But her behavior and attitude in interviews, then her stint on TUF really turned me off.

I used to love Rousey. I friend of mine trained with AnnMaria De Mars (her mom) in judo. I have every reason to like her. But her behavior and attitude in interviews, then her stint on TUF really turned me off.
Her mom is a major reason why she is who she is. That can be said for many of us. That one special on FS1 really showed this, IMO.

:goodposting: :goodposting: I'm not sure what I laugh more at though...the negative Rowdy spin here or Modogg's obsession with Bigg Rigg. LOLz...love ya Mo.
Negative spin? You think she comes across as a decent person? Not talking about the skills in the ring or the playing the heel role, I am just talking about her general maturity level as an adult human. She appears to have some very very serious issues, which likely makes her a better fighter, but pretending people are spinning things to make her look negative is just bizarre. It would be like saying people are negatively spinning the Diaz brothers (who by no coincidence she adores).

There was no editting magician in the world that could have made her look worse during that time on TUF when she kept shaking her ### at Caraway trying to provoke him.

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting: :goodposting: I'm not sure what I laugh more at though...the negative Rowdy spin here or Modogg's obsession with Bigg Rigg. LOLz...love ya Mo.
Negative spin? You think she comes across as a decent person? Not talking about the skills in the ring or the playing the heel role, I am just talking about her general maturity level as an adult human.She appears to have some very very serious issues, which likely makes her a better fighter, but pretending people are spinning things to make her look negative is just bizarre. It would be like saying people are negatively spinning the Diaz brothers (who by no coincidence she adores).

There was no editting magician in the world that could have made her look worse during that time on TUF when she kept shaking her ### at Caraway trying to provoke him.
I think it's a bit overblown. I certainly think she is a "decent person". Decent people are not perfect. Nobody is. She had many positive moments during the TUF series, many only focus on the #####yness. She was ####### ticked off that Tate walked into the gym and let's not pretend Tate was an angel over the years or during the show.

Negative spin? You think she comes across as a decent person? Not talking about the skills in the ring or the playing the heel role, I am just talking about her general maturity level as an adult human.She appears to have some very very serious issues, which likely makes her a better fighter, but pretending people are spinning things to make her look negative is just bizarre. It would be like saying people are negatively spinning the Diaz brothers (who by no coincidence she adores).

I think it's a bit overblown. I certainly think she is a "decent person". Decent people are not perfect. Nobody is. She had many positive moments during the TUF series, many only focus on the #####yness. She was ####### ticked off that Tate walked into the gym and let's not pretend Tate was an angel over the years or during the show.
Yup.

Tate spent the whole time self promoting at the expense of her fighters.

I thought she came off a lot worse than rousey.

I love the Diaz brothers and Brock Lesnar. Those guys are over the top WWE heel characters that drew eyeballs to TV's. Maybe the difference is that Rousey was sold to us as the golden girl role model of MMA instead of a Lesnar type character which would appears to come more naturally.

Thoughts on Uriah Hall tonight? Does he turn it around? I figure they gave him Leben for a Reason.
i'm intrigued with this one. to be honest, i have no idea. Leben looks to be hanging on by a thread, so if Hall doesn't destroy him i'm not sure what to think

Something about a UFC fight pass subscription based service. Audio and video seems all ####ed up. Cutting in/out

My guess would be something in the mold of what WWE is doing with a pay online channel to view past fights, shows & PPVs. I don't think it's far off from doing away with the 'pay per view' model entirely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya they've been talking about it alot recently. The international cards are going to be on there and I'm assuming other content. In 2014 they are making a pretty strong push internationally and it all can't be on the Fox brand.

Ya they've been talking about it alot recently. The international cards are going to be on there and I'm assuming other content. In 2014 they are making a pretty strong push internationally and it all can't be on the Fox brand.
yup. pretty sure it will be $9.99 a month. i'm on the fence, leaning toward not subscribing, though having the entire library of fights is pretty cool. I may join for the TUF season in Brazil because i'd love to see Chael-Wandy

Has Silva changed his tune at all since his loss? He seemed to be saying he was over fighting a lot at the end of his loss.

Hadn't seen any press regarding him actually seeming pumped to get this rematch. Wondering if he really cares enough to take it seriously?

I'm a more casual fan these days but was looking for some betting action this evening.

any thoughts on the girl fight O1.5 rounds +140?
if anything, i would take that under. I think all of Ronda's fights have been over in the 1st, and she isn't going into this one looking to screw around. They both won't come into it hesitent, at least i don't think so.

Has Silva changed his tune at all since his loss? He seemed to be saying he was over fighting a lot at the end of his loss.

Hadn't seen any press regarding him actually seeming pumped to get this rematch. Wondering if he really cares enough to take it seriously?

I'm a more casual fan these days but was looking for some betting action this evening.
he has already hinted this is his last fight. He always likes to play with the media, and i am guessing he isn't even sure, but my guess is this might be his last fight.

Thoughts on Uriah Hall tonight? Does he turn it around? I figure they gave him Leben for a Reason.
yeah, I think they figure Leben's one guy who will for sure get in Hall's face and force him to scrap. With such a huge speed advantage, it seems tailor-made for Uriah to get a big KO.

I hope not though - I'm actually rooting for Leben to pull the upset here.

yeah, I think they figure Leben's one guy who will for sure get in Hall's face and force him to scrap. With such a huge speed advantage, it seems tailor-made for Uriah to get a big KO.

I hope not though - I'm actually rooting for Leben to pull the upset here.
Leben looked bad at the weigh-in. i'm just pulling for a good fight in this one, and i'd love to see the Uriah we saw on the show, but who knows with this kid at this point

Tate has had over a year to make adjustments to not get arm barred quickly. Rousey is so damn good at it though it might not matter.

Their 1st fight was actually pretty competitive until the arm bar late in the 1st round.

i'd probably stay away from that bet. If you are going to bet the over you might as well bet Tate at +700, if she is able to defend the arm bar she might just win outright.

Tate has had over a year to make adjustments to not get arm barred quickly. Rousey is so damn good at it though it might not matter.

Their 1st fight was actually pretty competitive until the arm bar late in the 1st round.

i'd probably stay away from that bet. If you are going to bet the over you might as well bet Tate at +700, if she is able to defend the arm bar she might just win outright.
agreed. Have to also factor in Ronda involved in 2 films, you would have to think Tate has had the time to plan for all the armbar set-ups Ronda has

and holy hell, great mic work catching somebody farting during the 2nd round of this fight :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread