What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (8 Viewers)

Weidman is just an awful matchup for silva and would have easily won no matter what. Silva was getting his ### kicked both fights until the "fluky" endings.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really think Weidman deserves an asterisk next to his name.
I'm confident that Silva would beat Weidman 98 times out of 100.

Bad way to end your career, but Silva has no one to blame but himself. If he doesn't hot dog it, he's an additional 2-0 and would probably be retiring in a couple years after going about 15-0 in championship defenses.

Bad way to end your career, but Silva has no one to blame but himself. If he doesn't hot dog it, he's an additional 2-0 and would probably be retiring in a couple years after going about 15-0 in championship defenses.
It is a little early to be fishing on a Sunday.

The only 2 being the past two?

Anyone knowledgeable about MMA would tell you the same. Only causal, armchair UFC viewers would think Weidman stood a chance in either fight against a motivated, non-fluke-leg-massacre Silva.

Silva done for good? Seemed like he was taking this fight more serious. Shame that it ended in such a bad way. Silva will be the poster boy for Knockouts after putting his chin out their to be knocked the #### off, and now his gumby leg.

Hopefully CW refuses to fight Belfort in Brazil. Make him leave there to see if he can pass a drug test. Maybe Machida can give him a good fight. Don't see anyone else that can. :shrug:

Anyone knowledgeable about MMA would tell you the same. Only causal, armchair UFC viewers would think Weidman stood a chance in either fight against a motivated, non-fluke-leg-massacre Silva.
That is why I made 9800 on my 100 dollar bet for Wiedman........Thanks!

I think he's definitely done. Really don't know why he'd attempt to return. Nothing left to prove. He's gonna be staring at 40 IF he's able to return.

After what happened to his leg, no way he can be the same fighter and confidently throw kicks.

The problem is we'll never know. Silva is clearly past is prime so you can attribute it to that as well. Silva has also fought a long list of weak opponents and Henderson who's best days were behind him so Weidman could be is toughest opponent.

Hopefully CW refuses to fight Belfort in Brazil. Make him leave there to see if he can pass a drug test.
#### Belfort. Fight in the US or continue fighting in bouts no one cares about in Brazil.

He won't pass. If he does, he'll get KTFO.

I could see CW being a big PR push for the UFC...American champ who beat Silva twice and his human interest stuff and humility...Doubt they make him go to Brazil to fight Belfort

But that's not Silva. So yeah, Weidman would, and has, whooped him 100% of the time.

Doubt they make him go to Brazil to fight Belfort
They can't make him. He can simply refuse to given Belfort's TRT abuse. So UFC will strip him of the title because the other guy is blatantly cheating? :lol: Right...

WIll certainly push the TRT issue to the forefront, where it belongs. And belongs out of the sport.

:confused:

Like ILUVBEER said, he was winning both fights before the shocking endings.
* all the way

Was winning the first fight because Silva wasn't trying at all. Was winning the second fight just like many fighters were "winning" against Silva in the first round until they were schooled shortly thereafter.
What school was this second fight? University of Broken Dreams and Legs?

Users who are viewing this thread