What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (8 Viewers)

rough night overall for the Brazil crowd on sunday.

highlights for me were:

Matt Dwyer's Superman punch KO and subsequent TIMMMMBERRRRRRRR. (shout out to Sacramento "Superman punches are bull#### and never work" Bob here :towelwave: )

I'm glad Sam Alvey is getting some wins. He's kind turning into a Joe Lauzon type guy, where win or lose you know it's going to be a fun fight.

Yeah, rough night for the Brazilians yesterday. To be honest, though, the only one that really had me bummed was Barboza's loss. Thought he'd eat Johnson alive in the striking game. Props to Johnson.

Actually enjoyed seeing Alvey winning, and Pezão's loss was more funny than disheartening to me, even though Frank Mir annoys me.

With the UFC's breakneck pace these days, it's hard for me to comment on all of them, much less post live, but I still follow nearly all of it (thanks to Combate Network being a great deal down here, rather than the cards actually being worth US PPV prices).

:boxing:

That UFC 187 card is shaping up to be one of the best cards in history. Any of those top 3 fights could easily headline a PPV card on their own. And the bottom 2 fights are interesting too. Feels like the old days again.

That UFC 187 card is shaping up to be one of the best cards in history. Any of those top 3 fights could easily headline a PPV card on their own. And the bottom 2 fights are interesting too. Feels like the old days again.
The last time I felt this way about a card it fell apart due to injuries. I now take a wait and see approach.

The last time I felt this way about a card it fell apart due to injuries. I now take a wait and see approach.
187, 188 and 189 are all shaping up to be nice cards. wondering if the UFC is looking to try this now where they have some slow months, but look to pull a few cards together to make for an exciting month of fights. seemed to work well in Janaury. if the whole PED thing didn't buzzkill the whole thing they seemed to have some real good momentum coming from that

With the blood that can fly in these fights, do the fighters have to pass a blood test to make sure they can't pass a disease?
I vaguely remember that fighters had to get tested for HIV and hepatitis once per year. I'm drawing from spotty memory, so someone can correct me if that isn't right.

Last edited by a moderator:
NewlyRetired said:
Angry Beavers said:
Never joined the other thread.. never saw it :shrug:
It was a top 15 replied to thread of all time on the FFA. That is amazingly bad luck to have never seen it.

Any idea why it caught your eye now after all these years?
Wow - top 15 all time is actually pretty damn impressive IMO. Nice job gents!

This thread needs to be started by someone besides this Memphis guy...

The thread title should be updated on a weekly basis with headline fights and news.

Anyone up for the task?

:goodposting: 187 looks awesome, but these days I wait till the card gets to the weigh-ins with the same lineup before I get too excited.

So I have spent the last 20-30 minutes thinking of a fight that could be "worse" then the June 20th Bellator main event: Kimbo Slice - Ken Shamrock

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/26/8116101/kimbo-slice-and-ken-shamrock-to-headline-bellator-card-in-st-louis-on

I have yet to come up with one. You have to have a legit main event, can't have like cast offs like old TUF vets or something. Fighters can't be retired either, though i am sure Shamrock has retired at some point at least once. So what could Bellator create that would be worse? I thought maybe Bobby Lashley-Shamrock, but that is somewhat cheating because it should be 2 new people. I think Tito-Rampage would seem like a more legit fight then this one. What do you guys have?

ETA: "Shamrock (28-15-2) last competed in a professional MMA fight back in 2010, when he lost to Mike Bourke in King of the Cage." Mike Bourke, :mellow:

So I have spent the last 20-30 minutes thinking of a fight that could be "worse" then the June 20th Bellator main event: Kimbo Slice - Ken Shamrock
Wow. Hadnt even heard of this. (Perhaps was just announced)

I admit I'll watch. Can't blame Shamrock here. Assuming he makes it to the fight, he's going to get a nice payday @ 51. Sad he's even having to entertain fighting at this point.

:goodposting: 187 looks awesome, but these days I wait till the card gets to the weigh-ins with the same lineup before I get too excited.
Shaping up to be a phenomenal card!! Hopefully it can stay this way...

Wow. Hadnt even heard of this. (Perhaps was just announced)

I admit I'll watch. Can't blame Shamrock here. Assuming he makes it to the fight, he's going to get a nice payday @ 51. Sad he's even having to entertain fighting at this point.
:bag: me too...

Shamrock gonna roll, even at 100 years old.

Gonna start a new thread so we can get updates in the title as events change. All due respect to the Don, Memphis Foundry.

quoting MF from the board purge:

WHERE DID THIS THREAD GO!?!one!1!!

Hi y'all -- sorry for the trouble.

I've been researching how to make our forums faster and more responsive over the last month. The performance of our forums, though never particularly speedy, had become uniformly slow with occasional unpredictable and excruciating delays. So I asked the folks at Invision Power, the forum software's authors, to dig in and make some recommendations on how we can speed the site up.

They recommended a number of infrastructure and settings changes which we've implemented in this upgrade. More performance upgrades will be coming when Invision releases their 4.0 version later this year. But their most significant recommendation -- more important than all the others combined -- was that we needed to archive and reopen the board's largest, most trafficked, and most loved threads.

There are fifteen threads that account for over 845,000 of the board's 13,000,000 posts and they've been viewed nearly 13,000,000 times. These threads have grown so large and they are loaded so often that their performance impact on the board can't be properly normalized. This is one of those fifteen threads.

For now, we've moved these threads to a new forum called Archived Topics to isolate them from the most heavily-trafficked forums -- the FFA and Shark Pool -- and preserved them so that they cannot be replied to, edited, or deleted. The original threads remain searchable, and I've added a link below to the original version of this topic. Over the next couple of weeks, these threads will be converted into archived threads by the Invision Board aoftware and moved back to their original forum. After archiving, they will remain searchable and browsable.

If you are the Original Poster of one of these threads, I encourage you to start a new topic to be version 2.0 of your thread and PM me with the link. I will merge this post into your new topic and leave it pinned for a few weeks.

Peace.

*** Official MMA - UFC Wagering Thread:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/447349-official-mma-ufc-wagering-thread/

On tap: UFC 184 -- Rousey/Zingano. Also Holly Holm's UFC debut.

UFC 184 -- February 28, 2015

Main Card:

Women's Bantamweight Ronda Rousey © vs. Cat Zingano [a]
Women's Bantamweight Raquel Pennington vs. Holly Holm
Welterweight Jake Ellenberger vs. Josh Koscheck
Welterweight Alan Jouban vs. Richard Walsh
Lightweight Tony Ferguson vs. Gleison Tibau

Preliminary Card (Fox Sports 1)

Middleweight Mark Muñoz vs. Roan Carneiro
Bantamweight Roman Salazar vs. Norifumi Yamamoto
Welterweight Dhiego Lima vs. Tim Means
Heavyweight Derrick Lewis vs. Ruan Potts

Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight James Krause vs. Valmir Lazaro
Featherweight Masio Fullen vs. Alexander Torres

:goodposting:

so to resume, Kimbo vs. Shamrock..... My how far MMA has come

ETA: and looking at that card, I'm looking forward to seeing Derrick Lewis again. Speaking of Kimbo or Shamrock, that would be a great match up for Lewis. Hoping mark Munoz has a good showing and interested in some of the other fights too. Hope Kid Yamamoto can not get Ko'd, and James Krause is always fun, was impressed with his fight against Sam Stone.

Koscheck is still around? Wow, he was on the first season of TUF.
so is Diego Sanchez. If there is one guy who really should retire it should be Diego at some point. That guy takes so much damage to his head in his fights, and seeing him still fight is a bit cringe worthy. His fights are always fun to watch, but he is going to be in bad shape when he is older

This card this Saturday is one of the worst I can remember. Two girl fights at the top of the card? Yawn.
Certainly a worthy main imo. The other fight is really their hope for a big Holly victory in what should feature alot of strikes. Raquel will throw with Holm. Card is pretty blah though overall.

This card this Saturday is one of the worst I can remember. Two girl fights at the top of the card? Yawn.
Certainly a worthy main imo. The other fight is really their hope for a big Holly victory in what should feature alot of strikes. Raquel will throw with Holm. Card is pretty blah though overall.
well, it was supposed to have Weidman-Vitor so you can't get on the UFC too much. that fight would have helped quite a bit

well, it was supposed to have Weidman-Vitor so you can't get on the UFC too much. that fight would have helped quite a bit
Good point. Holm probably still would have been 3rd last.

I agree. But it sucks they don't lower the price when the top fight changes. No way I'm paying for this card, and I buy almost all of them.

I agree. But it sucks they don't lower the price when the top fight changes. No way I'm paying for this card, and I buy almost all of them.
Agreed.

UFC 184 is clearly a crap card, regardless of the scrapped Weidman/Belfort main event, but Rousey/Zingano is a fascinating main event for anyone with even a marginal interest in women's MMA. Rest of the card is meh apart from my interest in seeing Holm's UFC debut.

Also, Thought my eyes were playong tricks on me blue-or-white-dress style when I saw Roan Carneiro on the card. Blast from the past.

Users who are viewing this thread