What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (8 Viewers)

yeah, it wasn't anyone I know.

My closest connections to the big show are:

• I was college teammates with Matt Hamill.
  • one instructor at my gym, whom I am good friends with, is a pro fighter at 145 lbs and hopes to make it to the UFC once he drops to 135. He was actually an alternate to be on TUF 3 or 4 years ago - flew out to Vegas and everything. He has gone a few times to train at Team Alpha Male with Faber and Mendes and those guys.
  • there is a coach at FitNHB in Albequerque, NM that I've known since first grade. I guess he has one or two guys make it to UFC, but his guys mostly fight out of King of the Cage.
  • I know a few guys who have fought in the XFC promotion which used to air on Axis TV.
i'm sure if you ask the instructor he will give the politically correct answer, but i would love to hear his thoughts on what that team is like. Especially what happened with Ludwig and there break up. I have to think Faber can be real deuchy and i just wonder if he is actually a good dude or if he is even worse when the cameras aren't around. I know the whole thing with Ludiwg leaving had quite a bit to do with Faber and him not seeing eye to eye

• one instructor at my gym, whom I am good friends with, is a pro fighter at 145 lbs and hopes to make it to the UFC once he drops to 135. He was actually an alternate to be on TUF 3 or 4 years ago - flew out to Vegas and everything. He has gone a few times to train at Team Alpha Male with Faber and Mendes and those guys.
  • there is a coach at FitNHB in Albequerque, NM that I've known since first grade. I guess he has one or two guys make it to UFC, but his guys mostly fight out of King of the Cage.
  • I know a few guys who have fought in the XFC promotion which used to air on Axis TV.
i'm sure if you ask the instructor he will give the politically correct answer, but i would love to hear his thoughts on what that team is like. Especially what happened with Ludwig and there break up. I have to think Faber can be real deuchy and i just wonder if he is actually a good dude or if he is even worse when the cameras aren't around. I know the whole thing with Ludiwg leaving had quite a bit to do with Faber and him not seeing eye to eye
I met Faber a few years ago in Clay Guida's RV. He was a bit reserved but cool to us.

I totally missed this at the fights last weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asl9-d3cjuk

Glad Ariel got to the bottom of it too by directly asking Mcgreggor about it:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/4/8149585/conor-mcgregor-its-not-the-145-pound-division-its-the-mcgregor

best thing i love about it is how Ariel asks him at first. you can see Conner tense up and get ready for the question and then when asked he does become a charismatic guy by how he takes it in stride. you only need to watch the first minute of it, but cracked me up

modogg said:
moleculo said:

I don't even know who Ludwig is, or what this dust-up is about. He came back with some new techniques and a black eye, and a week later destroyed an 11-2 bellator fighter.

He said that one problem with Alpha Male is like half of the lightish fighters in the UFC train there, so it's becoming difficult to match-make - they don't like to match guys up who all train in the same gym.

modogg said:
I totally missed this at the fights last weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asl9-d3cjuk

Glad Ariel got to the bottom of it too by directly asking Mcgreggor about it:

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/3/4/8149585/conor-mcgregor-its-not-the-145-pound-division-its-the-mcgregor

best thing i love about it is how Ariel asks him at first. you can see Conner tense up and get ready for the question and then when asked he does become a charismatic guy by how he takes it in stride. you only need to watch the first minute of it, but cracked me up
I saw a gif of that with the hat, I still don't know what the deal is with that. maybe she just meant to whip it far into the crowd. it was weird though.

Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbJHyCkBQ-A&spfreload=10

edit:, just found this on Cat's twitter:

Alpha Cat Zingano

Verified account@CatZingano
@TheNotoriousMMA sorry about the hat,trying to do my part in helping keep your reflexes sharp;) thanks for saying nice things abt me champ!

Last edited by a moderator:
fochs13 said:
Thinking about subscribing to the "fight pass". Is it worth it or a waste of $10?
I love it. Lots of old archived fights, as well as live events every so often. Well worth the 10 bucks IMO.

fochs13 said:
Thinking about subscribing to the "fight pass". Is it worth it or a waste of $10?
I love it. Lots of old archived fights, as well as live events every so often. Well worth the 10 bucks IMO.
:goodposting:

for $10/mo I think it's a pretty awesome deal if you're an MMA fan with more than a casual interest. They have a crapload of old stuff from UFC/Pride/Strikeforce/Affliction/WEC/etc. Plus there are the Fightpass-only events and a lot of early prelims. I usually stream it to the Chromecast and watch it on the TV and it works great for me.

fochs13 said:
How big is their library? Can i go back and watch any old UFC/Pride/WEC event?
Its pretty huge...I mainly just watch individual fights or search for specific fighters rather than whole events, but I'd say I can find what I'm looking for 95% of the time.

Josh Koscheck is stepping up as an injury replacement for Ben Saunders vs. Erick Silva on March 21:http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Josh-Koscheck-Replaces-Ben-Saunders-Faces-Erick-Silva-at-UFC-Fight-Night-on-March-21-82973

also looks like Condit will make his return to the cage against Alves on May 30: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/03/carlos-condit-vs-thiago-alves-being-targeted-for-ufc-fight-night-67-in-may
That Condit-Alves will be fun. I have been looking for Condit to make it back for awhile. And i know Bendo was trying to get that fight against Silva, but I guess somehow Kos stepped in front of him. I think Kos might feel like he needs to make up for his last fight, not sure but i think i will have some good cash on Silva if the line is't crazy.

Subscribed to Fight Pass for a month. Meh. Never knew when these live events were, what exactly it included. Just felt like work trying to figure out everything when it came to live content. If you're into past content (something I'm really not), I'm sure you'll enjoy more.

Josh Koscheck is stepping up as an injury replacement for Ben Saunders vs. Erick Silva on March 21:http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Josh-Koscheck-Replaces-Ben-Saunders-Faces-Erick-Silva-at-UFC-Fight-Night-on-March-21-82973

also looks like Condit will make his return to the cage against Alves on May 30: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/03/carlos-condit-vs-thiago-alves-being-targeted-for-ufc-fight-night-67-in-may
That Condit-Alves will be fun. I have been looking for Condit to make it back for awhile. And i know Bendo was trying to get that fight against Silva, but I guess somehow Kos stepped in front of him. I think Kos might feel like he needs to make up for his last fight, not sure but i think i will have some good cash on Silva if the line is't crazy.
Kos will get murdered. I almost feel bad for him... Nah. I don't.

Subscribed to Fight Pass for a month. Meh. Never knew when these live events were, what exactly it included. Just felt like work trying to figure out everything when it came to live content. If you're into past content (something I'm really not), I'm sure you'll enjoy more.
We always get an email letting us know when fights are. And if you miss them live, you can watch them any time. As mentioned above, there are lots of old Pride and other organizations' fights too. I think it's a fantastic value for 10 bucks.I use my Roku because they have a UFC channel and watch on my tv. It works great.

I don't even know who Ludwig is, or what this dust-up is about. He came back with some new techniques and a black eye, and a week later destroyed an 11-2 bellator fighter.

He said that one problem with Alpha Male is like half of the lightish fighters in the UFC train there, so it's becoming difficult to match-make - they don't like to match guys up who all train in the same gym.
If anyone is interested, my buddy is back at Alpha Male this week. Here is a pick he posted to instagram. My buddy is Keith Richardson, he is lower right in the pic. I don't know who anyone else is here, but I'm sure they are important.

If anyone is interested, my buddy is back at Alpha Male this week. Here is a pick he posted to instagram. My buddy is Keith Richardson, he is lower right in the pic. I don't know who anyone else is here, but I'm sure they are important.
Holy Alpha Female!

moleculo said:

I don't even know who Ludwig is, or what this dust-up is about. He came back with some new techniques and a black eye, and a week later destroyed an 11-2 bellator fighter.He said that one problem with Alpha Male is like half of the lightish fighters in the UFC train there, so it's becoming difficult to match-make - they don't like to match guys up who all train in the same gym.
Cool stuff

EYLive said:
Friggin Hendricks was eating steak dinners on fight week. Any chance this guy makes weight?
he looked good at weigh in. I may get suckered into this card tomorrow. dang it.
Suckered? I think it's a pretty good card. I'm buying for sure.
shouldn't have said suckered. was just trying to save funds for 187 and 189, but this looks like it has some good potential, so I may give in...

Rogan kissing Laimon's ### :lmao: . Why Joe, why?

ETA: i guess when you have a whole crowd booing and the fight isn't eventful you have to find something to talk about

Rogan kissing Laimon's ### :lmao: . Why Joe, why?

ETA: i guess when you have a whole crowd booing and the fight isn't eventful you have to find something to talk about
so i guess that is the move now. when there is nothing to talk about for Rogan and Goldey they just mic the corners and listen to them. not a bad idea i guess

i think at this point Anik and Stann are better then Goldy and Rogan. Might be they get some things from the UFC like "hype Rosholt" but i think we are getting near a point where those 2 might pass the "A team"

Rogan's crazy jiu-jitsu guy schtick during any sub attempt cracks me up:

"He's gonna go for the choke here Mike...there it is, he's got it! OH MAN THAT'S TIGHT!! HE'S IN REAL TROUBLE NOW!!"

(fighter escapes)

Jesus H. Hendricks and his corner are without a doubt the biggest crybabies in the sport.

the fight i would want to see is Hendricks-Woodley

Users who are viewing this thread