Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title

1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

vs Dan Hardy would be great or Matt Serra at HWY so both can ignore trying to cut weight

ETA: and i don't see all of this stopping. Guys seems to want to continue fighting until their late 40's, and when places like Bellator look to profit from that it will keep coming. Interesting article about Belfort's League of Legends idea, but i have to think this stuff won't go away, and the best thing they could do is create something like that so we don't end up seeing something like a BJ Penn - Yair Rodriguez or a Ken Shamrock - Jon Jones:

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/03/trading-shots-is-a-legends-league-a-good-idea-or-a-horrible-one

Edited by modogg
  • Like 1
  • Replies 32.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• modogg

• SacramentoBob

• AhrnCityPahnder

• Craig_MiamiFL

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forgot to mention - got my BJJ purple belt a couple weeks ago.

***OFFICIAL NOTICE***: Any further talk of Ronda Rousey vs (a TUF Contestant/A male bantanweight / a bear / a horse sized duck / steven segal / whatever ) -- someone else start a new thread and

Random nerd on reddit doing the lords work.   a gif of every KO of the night since UFC started awarding the Bonus 11 years ago at UFC61.   http://imgur.com/a/OfR0P

:lmao:  Freakin' Matt Hughes. Dude is as old now as Royce was when they fought at UFC 112, but I'd be down to watch him in a fight or two, as long as they're booking him in fights that could be competitive, rather than Hughes vs. ranked dudes who would smash him into a fine powder.

4 hours ago, Abrantes said:

:lmao:  Freakin' Matt Hughes. Dude is as old now as Royce was when they fought at UFC 112, but I'd be down to watch him in a fight or two, as long as they're booking him in fights that could be competitive, rather than Hughes vs. ranked dudes who would smash him into a fine powder.

That was Renzo in UFC 112.   He fought Royce way back at UFC 60.

3 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

That was Renzo in UFC 112.   He fought Royce way back at UFC 60.

Damn, that's right. I totally forgot he even fought Renzo. Well, as old as Renzo, then. Royce already felt hella old at UFC 60, though. :lol: 

It's sounding like the Mayweather / McGregor is going to happen in June.  I'm sure a title defense vs Tony is in the table as well.  I doubt we see him defend anytime soon.  It also sounds like Khabib doesn't plan on fighting Ferguson anytime soon either.  The 155 division is officially f'd up.

13 hours ago, Abrantes said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to watch Wonderboy or Lawler kick the ####### #### out of that smug hick.    

And yes, I know Lawler is an old Millitich guy and they wouldn't fight, but ShutTFU.   Let me dream.   

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:

I'm not gonna lie, I'd love to watch Wonderboy or Lawler kick the ####### #### out of that smug hick.    

And yes, I know Lawler is an old Millitich guy and they wouldn't fight, but ShutTFU.   Let me dream.   

I don't know if Hughes can make 170 anymore, I say give him Rumble.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, NutterButter said:

Country boy looked really old 5 years ago

Yeah, and the game passed his one-dimensional ### by before he even got old. Current top shelf UFC WWs would whip him even when when he was in his prime, much less now (that pretty much goes for any of the old school single discipline dudes from the sport's beginnings).

• Like 2
On 15/03/2017 at 9:06 PM, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Maybe he can get a shot at the winner of Bisping v GSP.  LOL @ this line “If I could find an opponent that I could definitely beat, I would go again,”  

Way to test yourself.  Just find some random dude at a bar to fight if that's the level of competition you're looking for.

Edited by SacramentoBob
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, SacramentoBob said:

Maybe he can get a shot at the winner of Bisping v GSP.  LOL @ this line “If I could find an opponent that I could definitely beat, I would go again,”  

Way to test yourself.  Just find some random dude at a bar to fight if that's the level of competition you're looking for.

At least he's not deluding himself into thinking that he can still hang with the top level fighters, I guess. Hopefully he just means that most of the guys on the roster are fights he has zero chance of winning. He needs to be fighting other 40 year old types IMO.

Conner made a headline last night ranting about boxing.  He said it's getting close, September.  Floyd had said June initially.  Tony Ferguson is going to need to take another fight, or wait a half year at least.  Nate probably waits.

Soooooo, Fight Night in London today. :tumbleweed:

Jouban/Nelson is legit, but the rest of the card is whatever to me, including Manuwa/Anderson. I guess I'm curious about Diakiese and Breese/Bamgbose, but eh.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Quez said:

Conner made a headline last night ranting about boxing.  He said it's getting close, September.  Floyd had said June initially.  Tony Ferguson is going to need to take another fight, or wait a half year at least.  Nate probably waits.

This is vaporware in my opinion.

• Like 1

Rumors that they are negotiating Khabib vs Ferguson for September.  I'm sure Tony wants all kinds of back out clauses.  The fight needs to happen, but im not going to hold my breath.  I'll believe it when they are in the ring.  Everyone is still unsure wtf happened to Khabib.  He apparently went to Germany to see some top doctors, and is light training.  

• AhrnCityPahnder changed the title to UFC wagering: Dear ghost of Mitsuyo Maeda: More cards like Brazil. Less things like Khabib/Ferguson getting cancelled a 4th time.
4 hours ago, Abrantes said:

Soooooo, Fight Night in London today. :tumbleweed:

Jouban/Nelson is legit, but the rest of the card is whatever to me, including Manuwa/Anderson. I guess I'm curious about Diakiese and Breese/Bamgbose, but eh.

Jouban has been impressive.

Still burnt out from watching Woodley-Thompson set the sport back 20 years. Probably won't be watching any MMA for a few weeks. No real interest in 210 outside of Mousasi. Cormier is great at executing his game plan but it doesn't sell. A lot more interested in the fight nights after 210 TBH.

I did read that Vitor wants CM Punk for his last fight :lmao: 

And Khabib-Ferguson not til Sept :lmao: Guess Nate said no. Don't blame him. There's no reason to fight until he gets Conor. I agree 100% with both Diaz bros stance. They'll both get their big money fights. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Nick's came from the GSP-Bisping winner. Souza/Romero gonna be waiting quite awhile (more) IMO. If GSP&SIlva both win, Souza/Romero probably fall to 3rd in line. Their best chance for a title shot anytime son is probably if UFC splits up divisions (i.e. 165/175/185/195). 

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
2 hours ago, Quez said:

I don't know, there is almost too much money up for grabs for this to not happen imo. 

Only if you look at it from the MMA perspective. For Floyd it's not a huge deal like Pacquiao was -- it would just be an easy win for a middling pay day. And there's nothing but downside for the UFC itself no matter how good it would be for Conor's bank account as there's no way that Floyd would let them promote it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Still burnt out from watching Woodley-Thompson set the sport back 20 years. Probably won't be watching any MMA for a few weeks. No real interest in 210 outside of Mousasi. Cormier is great at executing his game plan but it doesn't sell. A lot more interested in the fight nights after 210 TBH.

I did read that Vitor wants CM Punk for his last fight :lmao: 

And Khabib-Ferguson not til Sept :lmao: Guess Nate said no. Don't blame him. There's no reason to fight until he gets Conor. I agree 100% with both Diaz bros stance. They'll both get their big money fights. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Nick's came from the GSP-Bisping winner. Souza/Romero gonna be waiting quite awhile (more) IMO. If GSP&SIlva both win, Souza/Romero probably fall to 3rd in line. Their best chance for a title shot anytime son is probably if UFC splits up divisions (i.e. 165/175/185/195). 

i don't, but the UFC created this mess and mentality. The reality is Nate's record certainly isn't that impressive. They don't need the money so yeah no need to fight anybody, but sitting around waiting for a huge payday is a good way for it to never come around. Certainly both sell tickets, but UFC has to put their foot down at some point

4 minutes ago, Quez said:

Wow, Gunnar Nelson with a dominant performance.  Showcasing boxing, wrestling, submission skills.  Dude was a pitbull out there.

Yep, I was pulling for Joban too cuz he punked Mike Perry. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, modogg said:

i don't, but the UFC created this mess and mentality. The reality is Nate's record certainly isn't that impressive. They don't need the money so yeah no need to fight anybody, but sitting around waiting for a huge payday is a good way for it to never come around. Certainly both sell tickets, but UFC has to put their foot down at some point

As long as Conor is around, no chance that'll happen. Should this Conor-Floyd fight happen, best chance to see Conor again in octagon is Diaz 3. Both parties want it to happen and barring Conor calling it quits, it'll happen. GSP's gonna hand pick his fights rest of career. Bisping will handpick as long as champ. Nate & Nick will handpick (while being called out by anyone and everyone) or enjoy retirement. It's the new reality. No reason to think it'll change anytime soon, The complete lack of star power outside Conor right now only makes the names of the past (like GSP) in more demand.

Edited by Craig_MiamiFL
4 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Nate & Nick will handpick (while being called out by anyone and everyone) or enjoy retirement. It's the new reality. No reason to think it'll change anytime soon, The complete lack of star power outside Conor right now only makes the names of the past (like GSP) in more demand.

I have a feeling Nick Diaz is waiting for GSP, win or lose.  That's his biggest "money fight" by far, and could be for the title.  The sport is growing so fast, that pay is going up every year.  At the  low end, I say Nick pulls 2mil his next fight, what Nate made vs Conner.  If he waits for GSP he could probably be looking at 4-5 with payperview buys.

• Like 1

If anyone needs another reminder why MMA is a far superior combat sport to boxing, then check out the GGG vs Jacobs fight from last night.  12 rounds, and a :huh: decision that could have gone either way.

3 hours ago, Quez said:

If anyone needs another reminder why MMA is a far superior combat sport to boxing, then check out the GGG vs Jacobs fight from last night.  12 rounds, and a :huh: decision that could have gone either way.

If anyone needs another reminder why boxing is a far superior combat sport to MMA, then check out the Woodley vs. Thompson fight from two weeks ago. 25 minutes and a :sleep:decision that could have gone either way.

:shrug: 

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Abrantes said:

If anyone needs another reminder why boxing is a far superior combat sport to MMA, then check out the Woodley vs. Thompson fight from two weeks ago. 25 minutes and a :sleep:decision that could have gone either way.

:shrug: 

i was going to post the exact same thing. Not a great time to throw stones after that stinker. Funny thing is after that fight you heard everybody saying it was awful (except Rogan). After that GGG fight the sports media is saying it was a war (i'll admit to not reading a ton)

13 minutes ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Sonnen-Silva scheduled for Bellator MSG card in June. Let's see if they make it. Bader is officially with Bellator and wants to face Phil Davis for belt at that MSG card.

War Machine found guilty on 29 charges and will be locked away for a long time.

:lmao: @ Bellator. Remember when they used to actually put on good relevant fights featuring young homegrown talent brought up through their tournament format?

Oh well -- I guess roided-up has-beens like Sonnen and Wanderlei are better than never-will-bes like Kimbo and Dada 5000. At the very least I'm sure Chael will bring the funny in the lead up.

• AhrnCityPahnder changed the title to UFC wagering: GSP -- I waz eeempressed by your performances. Godspeed!