What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

didn't mind decision of lauzon fight but scoring it 29_27 is weird weird weird scoring. Really no excusable rationale for scoring it such. Real shame that person is a judge

Not a good look for Lauzon. Had nothing left in round 3

Last edited by a moderator:
The #### is up with these Nashville jackasses? The hell they booing?

####### hillbillies. Ufc please never go back. I'm sure the company will survive w/o these rednecks

Right ya'll

Was distracted through most of the card, but the main event was fun enough. Lobov has a phenomenal chin and decent counterpunching, even though I think his actual punching power is overrated. Expected Cub to put even more of a hurtin' on him, but still had him winning 49-46.

Mike Perry also has a great chin, but far more power in his shots. Stupid Mike Perry.

Mike Perry and his team are also known racists. They do not apologize for their racist remarks and don't think it's a big deal. 

and i wonder what the UFC will do Al Iaquinta. Dude is taking a little too much liberty with just bashing the UFC and Dana. I don't know if it is for attention or what, but i wonder what they will do with him. It seemed like they were doing him a favor giving him Sanchez, and maybe Iaquinta will just cherry pick opponents like that and continue to ##### out the UFC. Sure he has had a couple of exciting fights, but he should have lost that fight to Masvidal. He complains about his pay, but i really am not sure he is warranted with how much he is complaining. It is funny, looking back 7-8 years the fighters have had it a lot worse. I don't think his complaining will get them to where they need to be either

Sounds like he doesn't need the UFC. Good for him. He's young, brash, can talk, good looking and been very successful in the UFC (8-2 including a win -questionable or not -- over one of their hottest names right now in Masvidal). Worse things to do than selling real estate in Long Island. And he just knocked the #### out of one of the most notable names in UFC history in just over a minute................and got free advertisement on national TV afterwards :shrug:  Let's not pretend like the UFC hasn't ####ed him over either. ............ http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/21/12982706/al-iaquinta-disgusted-at-ufc-bonus-ban-calls-for-fighters-union-if

His stock will only go up more if Masvidal wins in a few weeks.

I don't think his complaining will get them to where they need to be either
It won't and it hasn't. He "retired" to real estate cuz he was unhappy with his contract, but eventually came back to the same contract terms cuz he still had fights to fulfill. Without an association or union, the same thing will happen to other mid-tier fighters.

Sounds like he doesn't need the UFC. Good for him. He's young, brash, can talk, good looking and been very successful in the UFC (8-2 including a win -questionable or not -- over one of their hottest names right now in Masvidal). Worse things to do than selling real estate in Long Island. And he just knocked the #### out of one of the most notable names in UFC history in just over a minute................and got free advertisement on national TV afterwards :shrug:  Let's not pretend like the UFC hasn't ####ed him over either. ............ http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/9/21/12982706/al-iaquinta-disgusted-at-ufc-bonus-ban-calls-for-fighters-union-if

His stock will only go up more if Masvidal wins in a few weeks.
eeh, i could give or take him. If this came from a guy who has been around like Ellenberger or Jim Miller (hell i can think of another 5 fighters off the top of my head over the last 2 weeks where this would mean something) i would listen. Coming from a guy who hasn't fought in over 2 years it sounds more like a whiny kid 

yeah i think it has happened a few times. one of his early fights they had his corner mic'd up and it was pretty ugly
Is this all about what his corner guy said during the Lim fight?

I'm sure there is more, because he seems like he is a not so great person.

But I enjoy watching him fight.

Is this all about what his corner guy said during the Lim fight?

I'm sure there is more, because he seems like he is a not so great person.

But I enjoy watching him fight.
to be honest i forget. I know there were a few things that led people to believe that, but i haven't paid a ton of attn to Perry's career

while far from good news, this is not that horrendous a number for FS1.  It does seem to indicate the TUF is close to running its course with viewers.

=======

The Ultimate Fighter 25 debut on FS1 drew 288,000 viewers per ShowBuzz Daily.  The rating is the lowest-ever for the TUF franchise.  T.J. Dillashaw and Cody Garbrandt serve as the coaches this season.

Prior to Wednesday night’s episode, the lowest-rated debut was last season’s TUF 24 which posted 370,000 viewers.

Shane Carwin's response to Iaquinta's rant.  While not well written, the info he shared was fascinating.  It is going to make a lot of fighters wonder what in gods name they have been doing all these years.

====================

This is why what my management did was right. Do you want to be head to toe in my upcoming fight? Here is the cost it takes to get there. He had brands investing in fight camps and pushing unknown names to the big brands. If one guy can do it, the UFC could do it. Fighter sponsorship may have been a sloppy mess due to poor management. It was also done right by some. There were months that I was injured, unable to train and I made over 5 figures in that month. Right now Rebook money goes to UFC and no one really knows how much and who gets what. If they wanted to run it like the sloppy mess that was fighter sponsorship the athletes should be allowed to opt out of the program and forge ahead with their own sponsorship. In my last three fights, I had sponsored banned, the UFC team called my sponsors to tell them about potenital bans in the future and the way to avoid it was to be an official sponsor (at least Malibu Boats and Beaver Buzz had that happen. I had a non-energy drink get banned because it took away from Xyience. I had taxes imposed on my sponsors the week of my fight. You know what it did to me? Nothing. My deals were not tied to my fights. I made 90K + product a year from Bud Light and fought one time. Max Muscle spent about 8K a month having me as the face of their company. Never really allowed in the Octagon (one of the first categories to go). They never did anything to Muscle Pharm who used my name, likeness and UFC IP in a national commercial and never paid me, they turned that into an opportunity for them.

My management made me a product and made sure I was paid as a celebrity, not on a per fight basis. They got me boats, guns, products, and cash. I went from being 10-0 making 8,000 a year in sponsorships to 12-2 and a millionaire. The difference was the team. They knew how to sell what I was.

Mismanagement is rampant in the UFC. I remember when Grudge was flooded with all of the MC Hammer opportunities that were going to come, I bet I made more than all of them combined. The UFC just took advantage of this.

A union may not be the answer. But the very basis of business is about controlling things within your control. For fighters that is not only winning or losing but preparing for the loss, the end of fighting and building and leveraging the time in the spotlight. If it is 100% pay to play the fighters will never be more then the commodity they are.

I haven't heard a single positive thing about the Reebok deal from any of the fighters yet. Granted, it does look more professional to not have guys with logos plastered all over the place (Condom Dept anyone?), but from what I've heard the $$$ from sponsorships can far outweigh the $$$ they actually make from the UFC for fighting. I forget which one of Rory, Davis, and Bader singled out the Reebok deal as a primary reason for signing with Bellator, but I remember at least one of them talking about it being a huge difference in the amount of money that the fighters were making.

while far from good news, this is not that horrendous a number for FS1.  It does seem to indicate the TUF is close to running its course with viewers.

=======

The Ultimate Fighter 25 debut on FS1 drew 288,000 viewers per ShowBuzz Daily.  The rating is the lowest-ever for the TUF franchise.  T.J. Dillashaw and Cody Garbrandt serve as the coaches this season.

Prior to Wednesday night’s episode, the lowest-rated debut was last season’s TUF 24 which posted 370,000 viewers.
I'm about as "target audience" as it gets and I haven't watched it in 4 or 5 seasons now.  

I haven't heard a single positive thing about the Reebok deal from any of the fighters yet. Granted, it does look more professional to not have guys with logos plastered all over the place (Condom Dept anyone?), but from what I've heard the $$$ from sponsorships can far outweigh the $$$ they actually make from the UFC for fighting. I forget which one of Rory, Davis, and Bader singled out the Reebok deal as a primary reason for signing with Bellator, but I remember at least one of them talking about it being a huge difference in the amount of money that the fighters were making.

I just went and looked.   Bader was previously making between $35 to $80k per fight in sponsors and the Reebok deal took him to $15k per fight under the tiered system.  

edit for link:    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2692766-ryan-bader-details-just-how-much-money-he-lost-per-fight-thanks-to-reebok-deal

I liked it when the guys could wear their own gear with sponsors plastered all over them. I thought it looked cool. 

=======

I think the problem is that after all this time, the show is still not sure what it wants to be.

is TUF for the hardcore MMA fans? then there's not enough fighting, and too much 'other stuff'. cut the show to 30 minutes and focus on the fights.

is TUF for the casual reality show fans? then there's not enough drama & personal interaction like you get on other reality shows, and too much focus on training.

the show is trying to be both of these things, but not very good at either.

I think the problem is that after all this time, the show is still not sure what it wants to be.

is TUF for the hardcore MMA fans? then there's not enough fighting, and too much 'other stuff'. cut the show to 30 minutes and focus on the fights.

is TUF for the casual reality show fans? then there's not enough drama & personal interaction like you get on other reality shows, and too much focus on training.

Definitely agree with this -- the "reality" component with the guys in the house doesn't really work IMO unless there is someone truly charismatic to cheer for (or against, remember Junie Browning?) among the cast. Also, a lot of the drama and issues between the teams and coaches has felt pretty silly and forced when I've watched (which, admittedly, hasn't really been for years).

Good points.  

Over time, I've cared less about the house/training stuff in general.  I do like the coaching banter (like Conor's season, Faber's, etc, and now this one), but the meathead tough guy in the house stuff wears off.  I'll probably watch until they pull the plug....nothing better to do with my nights.  

I would have thought Dillashaw and Cody would have drawn in more viewers because of their known feud.  They also went back to the well again and have names people know (I suppose this could be a negative since none of these guys became a real UFC contender).

I agree with this too. I really like the episodes where they have two fights (kind of like what you said about cutting it to 30 minutes). It is so much more entertaining with more fights, and the stupid house stuff gets old quickly.

TJ needs to bring in Dom or Conner for a 1-week guest coach. Uriah and Cody looking to gang up constantly on him is a little b.s.

And i think i'm in fo' eva with TUF. I can't escape it

TJ needs to bring in Dom or Conner for a 1-week guest coach. Uriah and Cody looking to gang up constantly on him is a little b.s.

And i think i'm in fo' eva with TUF. I can't escape it
I don't really care for all the team alpha male drama.  Garbrant is a meat head with dumb tattoos & eye liner.  I really hope Dillinshaw beats him.

Doesn't Uriah have anything better to do than hold a grudge?  And Garbrant just acts like a loyal puppy dog.  Immediately bowes up and resorts to violence & confrontation everytime. It's like, "How dare you disrespect team alpha male".  I wasn't even a big Dillinshaw fan until watching a few of his interactions with Cody.  

It's completely obvious what exactly happened.  TJ followed the alpha male coach...  It's not like he went to a completely new coach, it was a guy he liked training with.  The bigger issue is why did that guy leave to start his own gym and split "team alpha male".  It seems like there may have been some bad blood there between the coach, and Uriah and everyone was forced to take a side.  The fact that they are all sitting there arguing over whether he technically quit, or like he said "wanted to take time away" is petty.  Just evidence they are all still butt hurt  over the whole ordeal.  Uriah & definitely Knucklehead Garbrant have taken a gang mentality / mafioso, disrespect angle about their Training crew.  The fact that it is named Alpha Male, and they are all acting like Neanderthals is rather fitting. 

Doesn't Uriah have anything better to do than hold a grudge?  And Garbrant just acts like a loyal puppy dog.  Immediately bowes up and resorts to violence & confrontation everytime. It's like, "How dare you disrespect team alpha male".  I wasn't even a big Dillinshaw fan until watching a few of his interactions with Cody.  

It's completely obvious what exactly happened.  TJ followed the alpha male coach...  It's not like he went to a completely new coach, it was a guy he liked training with.  The bigger issue is why did that guy leave to start his own gym and split "team alpha male".  It seems like there may have been some bad blood there between the coach, and Uriah and everyone was forced to take a side.  The fact that they are all sitting there arguing over whether he technically quit, or like he said "wanted to take time away" is petty.  Just evidence they are all still butt hurt  over the whole ordeal.  Uriah & definitely Knucklehead Garbrant have taken a gang mentality / mafioso, disrespect angle about their Training crew.  The fact that it is named Alpha Male, and they are all acting like Neanderthals is rather fitting. 
http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/21/9367475/urijah-faber-reveals-explosive-new-allegations-in-duane-ludwig-feud

Most of what I read about all of that drama between Faber and Ludwig painted Ludwig as the ###hole pretty clearly. That said, Faber and Team Alpha Male would seem to be the ###holes in the situation with Dillashaw, getting all butt-hurt over TJ doing what he felt was best for his career and leaving. And Garbrandt just strikes me as a giant WT doosh regardless, even though his relationship with that kid who has cancer is really pretty awesome.

I met Faber once, and in the half hour or so we spent chatting in Clay Guida's RV, Faber seemed like a nice guy. Of course, I have no idea how it would be to work with him. Plus, I was pretty well smashed, but I think I'd remember him being a #####.

I met Faber once, and in the half hour or so we spent chatting in Clay Guida's RV, Faber seemed like a nice guy. Of course, I have no idea how it would be to work with him. Plus, I was pretty well smashed, but I think I'd remember him being a #####.
What was Clay like?

Yeah, I've actually heard that he's a good down-to-earth guy too. And I've also heard that Duane Ludwig is just a raging meathead jackhole.

My cousin has trained jits at 10th Planet in LA for years and has met a ton of UFC type guys there and elsewhere around LA, and has said that the vast majority of them are really good dudes. Ludwig, Josh Koscheck, and Ronda Rousey are the only ones that he had anything bad to say about IIRC, with Koscheck standing out as by far the worst. Per my cousin, he actually is much worse in person than he comes off as on TV.

What is Bang doing during all these cat fights?  He's there, I think.
he hasn't been there for the first 2 episodes, or if he was it was only brief. TJ seems to be a real good coach, cerebral and good game plan. Similar to his 1st win over Barrao

Users who are viewing this thread