What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (7 Viewers)

Bader v Mo in May.  Fedor get that winner?  

I guess it's Chael!

Not a big fan of Big John these days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Felt like Stipe didn't draft as well as Cormier, but we didn't really see much of the fighters.  Could be a landslide season for Cormier.
Looks like this is proving true.  Cormier owned Stipe in this draft.  But, Cormier has a little more going on upstairs than Stipe, so not really surprised by this.  When Stipe's team was in the van...it's like the craziest motley bunch ever.  Hopefully he has a decent fighter or two left.

Cormier now has gone into total ######## mode multiple times with his fighters but ties the bow up nice and pretty at the end.  He's quite annoying when he's like this, but maybe it's effective.  

Time for Bryce next week!

If you're watching TUF, leave your guess for who is the first Team Cormier fighter to lose. I'm not going to answer, but I just want to see if anyone can guess correctly.

ESPN is the new rights holder.  Sounds like if you don't subscribe to ESPN+, the fight nights will be unavailable.

=================

The Walt Disney Company and UFC have reached a multiyear deal to bring exclusive live UFC Fight Night events to ESPN+, effective January 2019.

ESPN announced the new partnership Tuesday. The deal, which is the first media-rights agreement between ESPN and UFC, calls for up to 15 live "UFC on ESPN+ Fight Night" events per year, with 12 bouts on each card.

"UFC is a premier global sports property with legions of incredibly avid fans," ESPN president Jimmy Pitaro said. "We are excited to be able to bring their world-class events and content to ESPN+ and ESPN Networks. This agreement shows the commitment we have to delivering fans the very best across our entire platform."

In addition to live events, ESPN will air UFC content across multiple platforms, including a 30-minute special prior to every UFC pay-per-view event. Re-airs of previous fights will also be made available on ESPN platforms.

ESPN+ will also carry the UFC's Dana White Tuesday Night Contender Series, beginning in June 2019.

"I couldn't be more excited to partner with The Walt Disney Company and ESPN on an agreement that will continue to grow our sport," UFC president Dana White said. "UFC has always done deals with the right partners at the right time and this one is no exception. We will now have the ability to deliver fights to our young fan base wherever they are and whenever they want. This deal is a home run for ESPN and UFC."

The Walt Disney Company launched ESPN+, its direct-to-consumer platform, last month. The UFC will continue to operate its direct-to-consumer platform, UFC Fight Pass, as well.

The UFC is coming off a seven-year, exclusive media rights deal with Fox, which was signed in 2011. That deal placed the UFC on network television for the first time in its relatively young history. The UFC was founded in 1993.

The espn+ news is disappointing from a consumer standpoint if I'm interpreting correctly.  I guess as long as the UFC got the dollar figure they wanted from Disney, maybe they don't care much about how the content is distributed.  

So ESPN+ is going to carry 10-15 events. And UFC is looking for Fox/NBC to carry another dozen+. Then you have Fight Pass (is it still a thing?). And then PPV's. 

The product is so watered down already that I really can't imagine what it'll become. The viewership is meh at best at this point. In large part because they do zero promotion of the fighters. UFC is getting their money so they don't GAF. It'll be interesting how this impacts the fighters. 

WWE is considered in a big down period for viewership but their weekly ratings still blow UFC out of the water.

I think ESPN+ for $50 a year with some UFC and Top Rank boxing is fine. Especially if they have access to older fights like the rumor.

I assume Fight Pass is on the ropes. I doubt they can make us pay for two subscriptions. But I have read both things.

I think ESPN+ for $50 a year with some UFC and Top Rank boxing is fine. Especially if they have access to older fights like the rumor.

I assume Fight Pass is on the ropes. I doubt they can make us pay for two subscriptions. But I have read both things.
It's reasonable if it was the main, or only, way to view UFC fights.  If you still subscribe to cable, you have to foot that bill for those fights/shows, and then pay for additional fight services ESPN+, Fight Pass, and let's not forget PPV.  That seems a little ridiculous to me for the same product.  

I don't think FightPass is going anywhere. It holds a huge library of old fights and streams a ton of live events from different promotions.

It's reasonable if it was the main, or only, way to view UFC fights.  If you still subscribe to cable, you have to foot that bill for those fights/shows, and then pay for additional fight services ESPN+, Fight Pass, and let's not forget PPV.  That seems a little ridiculous to me for the same product.  
here is a pretty good write-up:

http://mmajunkie.com/2018/05/ufc-espn-deal-five-biggest-questions

1. What’s to become of UFC Fight Pass?

According to a joint press release, $4.99 per month gets you access to ESPN+, which comes with 15 live UFC events, plus “non-exclusive access to UFC’s full archive of programming,” including old fights, pre- and post-fight shows, plus Dana White’s Contender Series and assorted other ancillary content.

In other words, as far as fight fans are concerned it’s basically Fight Pass, but with the price chopped in half.

So why would anyone keep subscribing to Fight Pass? That’s the question I’d be wondering if I were Invicta FC or Glory Kickboxing or Cage Warriors or the Eddie Bravo Invitational, all of which currently stream events on Fight Pass.

Are they coming to ESPN+ too? Because if not, being on Fight Pass doesn’t seem like such a good deal anymore, since how many fans can be realistically expected to keep paying for it now that all the good stuff is going elsewhere at half the price?

i got fight pass for my nephew for the Eddie Bravo Invitationals, so will be interesting

If you're watching TUF, leave your guess for who is the first Team Cormier fighter to lose. I'm not going to answer, but I just want to see if anyone can guess correctly.
Thought it was a trick question and was going to say Bryce.  That feeling was reinforced when they showed Cucc's highlights, IMO he looked very impressive in all areas.  Then they showed Bryce and he looked equally impressive...so he dominated Cucc on the ground (like you have said).  

I'm also going to go with Diamond as first to lose....his 1st fight too, not the semi's, and I'll even go as far to say Cormier will put him up against Stipe's loud mouth Dulani.  

When did all this happen and how does it not leak?  Are they already done in the house?

224 this weekend.

Nunes vs Pennington - meh

Jacare vs Gastelum - I like Kelvin, but expect him to lose soundly

Mac Dern vs Amanda Cooper - Dern should win easily, especially if she gets her hands on Cooper

Lineker vs Kelleher - meh

Belfort vs Machida - really? is this 2005? awful...

pretty lackluster card, not really something I wanna drop any coin on.

When did all this happen and how does it not leak?  Are they already done in the house?

They started filming in January and have been finished for several weeks.

Bryce was really bummed about not going harder for the sub. In hindsight, he felt he played it too safe.

Side note - Bryce took a bow and arrow to TUF. The UFC wouldn't let him take it into the house. Problem solved.

They started filming in January and have been finished for several weeks.

Bryce was really bummed about not going harder for the sub. In hindsight, he felt he played it too safe.

Side note - Bryce took a bow and arrow to TUF. The UFC wouldn't let him take it into the house. Problem solved.
That was great.  And his dream.  

Maik Jeaunz said:
224 this weekend.

Nunes vs Pennington - meh

Jacare vs Gastelum - I like Kelvin, but expect him to lose soundly

Mac Dern vs Amanda Cooper - Dern should win easily, especially if she gets her hands on Cooper

Lineker vs Kelleher - meh

Belfort vs Machida - really? is this 2005? awful...

pretty lackluster card, not really something I wanna drop any coin on.
Did you just say meh to John ####### Lineker?

Oh no baby.

I read she missed her flight and arrived over a day late.  Still...

Also, UFC cuts Yair for not taking Zabit fight.  WOW that one is out of nowhere, no?

I read she missed her flight and arrived over a day late.  Still...

Also, UFC cuts Yair for not taking Zabit fight.  WOW that one is out of nowhere, no?
wow if true. that would be unbelievably dumb. putting on more shows next year and cut one of their most entertaining fighters

wow if true. that would be unbelievably dumb. putting on more shows next year and cut one of their most entertaining fighters
Rumor is that after being off a year, Yair turned down fighting Ricardo Llamas because he didn't want a top 5 guy without a warmup fight, so he was offered Zabit Magomedsharipov and Yair also turned that down.  

Best speculation I read is that after a prolonged time of dealing with Conor, Rockhold, Nate Diaz and GSP, that Dana was just ####### sick of dealing with demanding fighters having things their way and made an example out of Yair for other folks to not be so difficult.  Who knows.  

No one watching this? Jack Hermanson crying in agony after winning. His lower leg looked fractured or disconnected and he just powered through. Almost choked out three times finally got the g&p finish. 

Users who are viewing this thread