Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, scoobus said:

Had Whittaker 3-2.

The Covington tonight doesn't beat Woodley IMO.

I don't think Covington uses the same strategy vs Woodley.  He was the bigger man vs RDA, so it was a good strategy to smother him and not give him enough space to set up combos.  RDA could only get off one strike at a time.  I wasn't impressed by anything Covington did in the standup.  The only impressive thing was the amount of pressure.  Rogan kept comparing it to Nick Diaz, which I agree, but the wrestling version.

I think the Whitaker decision was close, but I agree.  I think Whittaker took the first 2 rounds.  Romero overwhelmingly won the 3rd.  The last few were pretty even imo.  It's amazing Whittaker survived, I thought he was done for sure.  I think we need to run this one back again.  Whittaker broke his hand early in it sounds like, and Romero's eye was swollen shut.  Both fighters did great considering their circumstances.  

On a side note, I'm not a fan of the knee kicks. Romero messed up Roberts knee last time, so Robert started doing it to Romero more this fight.  Luckily, there weren't any major injuries again, but I think this is a technique they should eliminate from the sport.

Edited by Punxsutawney Phil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had main event as a 47/47 draw but I'm not at all sad RW took the decision.   

Curtis blades is skurrry.  He exploded Overeem's face.

Feel asleep during RDA/CC.

Lol at Rogan saying we should paint Megan Anderson blue and put her on a dragon.  :lmao:

Cm punk .. yeah.  I ain't mad at him, but... Stop it, Dana.  

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/10/2018 at 8:12 AM, Punxsutawney Phil said:

On a side note, I'm not a fan of the knee kicks. Romero messed up Roberts knee last time, so Robert started doing it to Romero more this fight.  Luckily, there weren't any major injuries again, but I think this is a technique they should eliminate from the sport.

I don't really know how I feel about it.   part of me feels the same way you do (it got on my radar when Jon Jones started using it often).  

OTOH, thats about the most effective way to keep range on a fighter with a big reach advantage.     If they want to start removing things that are likely to outright injure (vs the sport of a KO or a sub) then footstomps should probably be first.  And ear claps.   At least the oblique/knee kicks serve a tactical purpose in addition to being an #######/injury move. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Comment from Reddit tonight that is crazy and accurate:

 

>>> Robert Whittaker has never fought for the UFC Middleweight Title.  

He:

•  won the Interim Title

• was promoted to champion

• got hurt 

• had a second Interim Title made

• then his first challenger missed weight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Spoiler alert

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Quote

So a few seconds before he got swept, Bryce said he thought, "Oh man, I'm going to be in the finals." Then he tried getting up in a way he never does, and he doesn't know why he did.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Michael Chandler is expected to be testing free agency waters soon.  He's probably one of the top 2 LWs in the world not in the UFC right now, and has a submission win (as well as a decision loss) vs Eddie Alvarez.  Bring him on in!  

Also, Looks like we're going to get a superfight in Bellator in late September -- Rory McDonald (LHW champ) vs Gegard Mousassi (MW champ).  That should be a great one.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:

Michael Chandler is expected to be testing free agency waters soon.  He's probably one of the top 2 LWs in the world not in the UFC right now, and has a submission win (as well as a decision loss) vs Eddie Alvarez.  Bring him on in!  

Also, Looks like we're going to get a superfight in Bellator in late September -- Rory McDonald (LHW champ) vs Gegard Mousassi (MW champ).  That should be a great one.  

What weight are they fighting at? I’m assuming it’s a catch weight. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is what you sound like when you are inadvertently hit with a bag of money.

https://youtu.be/EY6wpSbJQT0

Perfectly coached by the lawyers, even at the end when asked about Conor.  Props to the guy, the UFC pays their talent pretty unevenly, so if a vet like Chisea can get a little more for Conors screw up, then good for him.  Chisea was doing commentary, been working out at UFC institute, etc.  It sounds like the UFC is handling everything regarding Conor.  They realize he is the cash cow, they told Chisea he gets whatever he wants, and I'm sure they told Borg and the others the same.  Hell, even saw Paul Felder with a microphone in his hand the other day.  WTF is Paul Felder?  Oh yeah, another guy inadvertently screwed by Conor that the UFC doesn't want disgruntled.  Imagine if he got the Khabib fight over Al.  Al would be verbally crapping on Dana, the UFC, and Conor daily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NewlyRetired said:

Johnny Hendricks and Rashad Evans both announced their retirement today.

Good, for different reasons.  

Good for me so I dont have to watch TEH BIGG RIGG!!!11 fight anymore
And Good for Rashad for his health.  Would have been better about 3 KOs ago, but good to see he's not dragging it out any further. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like the TUF finale is going to have 2 pretty darn good scraps.  Giannetti vs Trizano, were definitely the class at LW, although VBR could have had something to say there.  Katona vs Diamond/Cucc, and I expect that to be Diamond, but either way it's looking good. 

Too bad about Bryce, seems to have the talent to have been there in the FW finals.  Doesn't look like he's on the undercard, but the guy who missed weight on the show is fighting VBR.  WTH....any insight here Clayton? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope AKA never goes away. they always seem different then the other big gyms in that they are delusional, and seem to have that old high school wrestling team mentality. Great stuff here by Mendez saying D.C. will be GOAT if he beats Stipe. Sure he will Javi, sure he will. Cain is co-GOAT too:

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/6/29/17519660/coach-says-daniel-cormier-will-be-g-o-a-t-if-he-defeats-stipe-miocic-at-ufc-226-mma

i'd love to see Jon come back in a few months and KO DC, then KO Cain

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2018 at 6:17 PM, AhrnCityPahnder said:

Good, for different reasons.  

Good for me so I dont have to watch TEH BIGG RIGG!!!11 fight anymore
And Good for Rashad for his health.  Would have been better about 3 KOs ago, but good to see he's not dragging it out any further. 

The last I heard Henrdricks talk, he was saying he wanted to go back down to welterweight.  Guy had trouble at LHW.  Maybe he is going to pull a Brock and go juice up again then come out of retirement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Craig_MiamiFL said:

Holloway out Saturday :(

my biggest bet on the card was Halloway :kicksrock:. Glad he pulled out though instead of trying to fight through concussion symptoms, would have sucked for him to lose that fight because of it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

I highly recommend people searching out the fight on TUF tonight.  Fantastic stuff.

What's the takeaway here?   Is Cucciniello that good?  Or has Diamond just been crazy overrated this entire season?  We only saw him beat the mouth of the north Karate Dulani.  either way, put me down for Brad Katona mopping up Cucciniello in the finals.  

[/spoilers]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:

 

  Hide contents

 

What's the takeaway here?   Is Cucciniello that good?  Or has Diamond just been crazy overrated this entire season?  We only saw him beat the mouth of the north Karate Dulani.  either way, put me down for Brad Katona mopping up Cucciniello in the finals.  

[/spoilers]

for me I learned that Cucciniello is not very technical offensively but has some serious heart.  That fight could have been over in the early first round and he willed himself back into it.

For Diamond, has lack of ability to adjust during the fight was really on display.  He tried the exact same take down move about 8 times and got stuffed every time.

I thought the editing gave away the ending when they focused on Diamond wondering if he won the first round 10-8 instead of listening to DC.  You could almost see DC hesitate when Diamond asked the question like he was wondering where his head was at.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

What's the takeaway here?   Is Cucciniello that good?  Or has Diamond just been crazy overrated this entire season?  We only saw him beat the mouth of the north Karate Dulani.  either way, put me down for Brad Katona mopping up Cucciniello in the finals.  

[/spoilers]

hmm I have been all TUF'd out for a bit, but it sounds like this season was definitely worth catching. Still have to watch Eddie's season from last year too.

It is one of those things where I kind of wish I catch the flu or something and have 3-4 straight days of rain. Will just lay on a couch and binge the crap out of it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

big props to Bisping in checking in with Max about it and pointing it out. It seems like Max was going to try and fight through it, glad veteran and ex fighters take the time and attn. to look out for other fighters. i'd like to remain an MMA fan, but seeing things like Tito vs Chuck on future cards makes it a little tougher. I will definitely watch, but hard to just ignore the future implications of these things

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/7/5/17536668/michael-bisping-call-out-sleepy-max-holloway-ufc-tonight-video

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, modogg said:

big props to Bisping in checking in with Max about it and pointing it out. It seems like Max was going to try and fight through it, glad veteran and ex fighters take the time and attn. to look out for other fighters. i'd like to remain an MMA fan, but seeing things like Tito vs Chuck on future cards makes it a little tougher. I will definitely watch, but hard to just ignore the future implications of these things

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/7/5/17536668/michael-bisping-call-out-sleepy-max-holloway-ufc-tonight-video

Tito doesn’t seem as bad as Chuck. Randy Couture was still doing awesome as an older fighter. I don’t think Tito has taken the same kinds of KOs as Chuck and it seems like he is still trying to win fights. I feel like Chuck is just trying to make money. Obviously he will try to win still but it feels worse for some reason to be doing it for money as potentially the sole reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

 

  Hide contents

for me I learned that Cucciniello is not very technical offensively but has some serious heart.  That fight could have been over in the early first round and he willed himself back into it.

For Diamond, has lack of ability to adjust during the fight was really on display.  He tried the exact same take down move about 8 times and got stuffed every time.

I thought the editing gave away the ending when they focused on Diamond wondering if he won the first round 10-8 instead of listening to DC.  You could almost see DC hesitate when Diamond asked the question like he was wondering where his head was at.

 

Tyler gassed surprisingly quickly. It might have been taking so many body shots, but his takedown attempts just got slower and slower.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • AhrnCityPahnder changed the title to UFC wagering: GSP -- I waz eeempressed by your performances. Godspeed!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...