What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (1 Viewer)

Is DC still the dog?  I havent looked at lines lately.   I think I would still take him at even money.   As a dog I love him tomorrow night.  

Stipe -250 and DC +200 is the line I have at Bet365

Does this seem way off to anyone else besides me?  

Maybe I'm underestimating Stipe, still.  The Werdum fight is the only guy in Stipe's current streak that really stands out as impressive.   The rest of the HWs just aren't that good right now.  

Derrick Lewis by Decision is +1000. 

Stipe couldn’t put Ngannou away in 5 so I’m not sure Lewis could do it in 3. I can see Lewis taking it by winning two rounds of fighting Ngannou on the mat. Is it the most likely outcome? No but it’s not 10 to 1 crazy. I think most people would agree that’s a reasonable plan against Ngannou.

Maybe I'm underestimating Stipe, still.  The Werdum fight is the only guy in Stipe's current streak that really stands out as impressive.   The rest of the HWs just aren't that good right now.  
Public line I think. Chubby 40 year-old guy that they watched Jon Jones beat DC twice is going up to fight Super Stipe that just man handled the scariest man on the planet “LOOK AT THE REEM KO!!!!”

Last edited by a moderator:

I firmly think Stipe will win. I agree the line is still a bit steep, but if I was forced to bet on one side, I'd bet on the Stipe side.

I also underestimate the guy, but he just keeps winning. And besides the black beast fight, he's doing it very impressively. I think it's going to be a different story for  Cormier going against a true heavyweight than against all these 205'ers. He's not going to be able to throw Stipe around like he likes to do. I know he came in about the same weight as Stipe, but he looked out of shape - that's a pretty big spare tire he's carrying around - 245 lbs?! That's crazy.

I firmly think Stipe will win. I agree the line is still a bit steep, but if I was forced to bet on one side, I'd bet on the Stipe side.

I also underestimate the guy, but he just keeps winning. And besides the black beast fight, he's doing it very impressively. I think it's going to be a different story for  Cormier going against a true heavyweight than against all these 205'ers. He's not going to be able to throw Stipe around like he likes to do. I know he came in about the same weight as Stipe, but he looked out of shape - that's a pretty big spare tire he's carrying around - 245 lbs?! That's crazy.
100% agree with all of this.

Say what you will about Josh Barnett and juice, but you cannot knock his rasslin creds.  And DC ragdolled him.  I don't think Stipe is gonna be any different.

I think it's crazy off. Major value on DC +200 or better. 

He is such a great wrestler. He may not be able to out strike Stipe, but I believe his chin will hold enough to get into the clinch.

Cormier worries me only because of his extreme fight IQ. I still like Stipe, but obviously biased. 

Gunther worries me because of his farmers alpaca beater tan. 

:thumbup:

That was the most mentally draining fight I've ever watched.
Really glad he won. He needs to keep working hard though. I thought a few times he gassed, but fought tough thru it...and Diamond must be tough on the ground. They mentioned him getting out of Arkansas...what’s up with that? 

Also kind of surprised by the 28-28 card.

Really glad he won. He needs to keep working hard though. I thought a few times he gassed, but fought tough thru it...and Diamond must be tough on the ground. They mentioned him getting out of Arkansas...what’s up with that? 

Also kind of surprised by the 28-28 card.
My guess is the 28-28 card gave a 10-8 third round to Diamond.

The getting out of Arkansas thing is because he trains at a tiny gym. We don't have tons of pros for him to train with. We don't even have tons of amateurs. The Thursday before he left for Vegas, he did all of his training with me because I was easily the best suited to help him. He has spent a few weeks at a few big gyms around the country but just loves being at home. I've wondered for a couple of years how long he'd be able to continue to progress staying put.

Say what you will about Josh Barnett and juice, but you cannot knock his rasslin creds.  And DC ragdolled him.  I don't think Stipe is gonna be any different.
Barnett is a great catch wrestler, but I don't think his takedown defense is anything special. That said, I'd still give Cormier a distinct advantage over Miocic in that department.

Barnett is a great catch wrestler, but I don't think his takedown defense is anything special. That said, I'd still give Cormier a distinct advantage over Miocic in that department.
Stipe has been overlooked so much that i think i have gone full pendulum swing with him and just don't know when he will lose again. I know DC hasn't been KO's much, but Stipe has shown more power than most would think seeing him. 

Just looked at his past fights again, now you guys got me thinking. Hi grappling hasn't been tested in years. Closest he came was fighting Werdum, but he knocked him out in half a round so didn't get tested much. I have to think Stipe will have a strength advantage and has had plenty of time to game plan, but it may be closer than i was first thinking. 

this bummed me out a bit:

Shane del RosarioUFC 146 - Dos Santos vs. Mir
May / 26 / 2012  TKO (Elbows)   Yves Lavigne23:14
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Stipe-Miocic-39537#zkHjmc622t0wM51J.99

I’m a big fan of Brad Tavares, but he looked way outclassed against Adesanya. Must be pretty depressing to work your way up for so long and just get annihilated like that. 

Barnett drug thing in ufc was bs, right.  He was falsely suspended for a year.  Per Rogan, fyi.

Slugfest between Hall and Costa.

You wonder how well USADA works when looking at him. Guy is ####### huge

Users who are viewing this thread