What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

I don't see having to pick one between DC and jones.  I like DC just fine, but that has nothing to do with me thinking that Jones is about as big a d0o0shbag as this sport has ever seen, and that's including some pretty lofty competition.   He tried to sell himself as some sort of super nice guy golden boy, meanwhile he's a compulsive liar who's blowing rails and popping boner pills and juicing up and DUIing his car into pregnant women.  
Back when I was a junior and senior at Ithaca College I used to chill with Jon all the time and can honestly say he’s one of the most humble people that was in my circle. His good guy act wasn’t an act, it just didn’t correlate with his bad choices. Sometimes partying gets outta hand and makes you do things that are outta character. 

He also is a beast in the ring and turns that beast switch on for his training and fights. I think it’s well known that he’s the most talented fighter we may have ever seen. Don’t judge a person for their personality when you don’t know them in the real world. You can definitely say he’s made bad choices and ####ed up quite a bit and I get that but he’s definetly not a douchbag. 

Ive had my problems with addiction and when I came back senior year a lot of my friends were talking #### and he was one of the few people that stuck by me and had my back. 

He’s real, humble, genuine, and a loyal dude. And he’s gonna make a big comeback. 

Edit: say it ain’t so homie...

Last edited by a moderator:
TheRealMikeaveli said:
Back when I was a junior and senior at Ithaca College I used to chill with Jon all the time and can honestly say he’s one of the most humble people that was in my circle. His good guy act wasn’t an act, it just didn’t correlate with his bad choices. Sometimes partying gets outta hand and makes you do things that are outta character. 

He also is a beast in the ring and turns that beast switch on for his training and fights. I think it’s well known that he’s the most talented fighter we may have ever seen. Don’t judge a person for their personality when you don’t know them in the real world. You can definitely say he’s made bad choices and ####ed up quite a bit and I get that but he’s definetly not a douchbag. 

Ive had my problems with addiction and when I came back senior year a lot of my friends were talking #### and he was one of the few people that stuck by me and had my back. 

He’s real, humble, genuine, and a loyal dude. And he’s gonna make a big comeback. 
"Hey poossy.... You still there? ;) "

Anyone watching tonight’s card? I know a few names but that’s about it. Any suggestions for who are the fighters I need to watch out for are?

Anyone watching tonight’s card? I know a few names but that’s about it. Any suggestions for who are the fighters I need to watch out for are?
Ben Saunders is one of my favorite UFC journeymen guys.   He doesn't always win but his fights are almost never boring either way.  

Alvey/Nogueira should be fun.  I had to double take when I saw Alvey has 12 more pro fights than lilNog

I'm mostly in the same boat.  I don't know a lot of the names here.

Ben Saunders is one of my favorite UFC journeymen guys.   He doesn't always win but his fights are almost never boring either way.  

Alvey/Nogueira should be fun.  I had to double take when I saw Alvey has 12 more pro fights than lilNog

I'm mostly in the same boat.  I don't know a lot of the names here.
I know more guys on the under card. Hector Lombard, Evan Dunham, Ben Saunders, Charles Oliveira.

Whenever I’m not excited for a card is usually when the fights good. Hoping that trend continues.

My DK research says Sakai can bang so that might be a good one out of the shoot.  Bunch of fighters tonight with little to zero UFC experience.  

Damn this Saunders fight isn't on TV?  One of my lineups has 4 fighters on the Fight Pass card then lol.  Bueno Silva, Souza, Zaleski (two 1st round wins and one 2nd round win) and Saunders.  Let's go Ben!

So tomorrow's Bellator card has two good fights and one more worth watching. And it's only available through DAZN. Is it wrong to hope this effort flops? I have zero interest in getting another subscription service.

I'll probably subscribe and try it out. First month is free it says.

$9.99/mo is too pricey for minor league package and will unquestionably fail barring a major sport/league addition. I think one of these days these streaming services combining sports/leagues will get the idea to make it a la carte. Far too much competition and history with alternatives to last long term at their current price point.

So tomorrow's Bellator card has two good fights and one more worth watching. And it's only available through DAZN. Is it wrong to hope this effort flops? I have zero interest in getting another subscription service.

I'll probably subscribe and try it out. First month is free it says.

$9.99/mo is too pricey for minor league package and will unquestionably fail barring a major sport/league addition. I think one of these days these streaming services combining sports/leagues will get the idea to make it a la carte. Far too much competition and history with alternatives to last long term at their current price point.
I’m in Canada and DAZN also carries Sunday Ticket and Redzone. It was a less than ideal quality last year when I did the 1 month free thing (the NFL made a deal that it was the only option for Sunday Ticket last year) but I’ve heard it’s improved. For me, it’s definitely worth it if I get every NFL game and Bellator fights.

I hope it does well, at least in Canada.

Got called into work. I was looking forward to seeing Pico. And Rory/Mousassi obviously.

East Coast Bias said:
Installed the DAZN app on my TV. Hopefully the quality is decent.
I missed a whole round of Groves/Smith (that's punchy/no-kicky) yesterday when it inexplicably started over at the beginning of the feed. But they have all 3 WBSS tournies, so just watching the young Japanese God Naoya Inoue three times over the next year makes it worth it. But yeah, not sure of it from a technical standpoint.

I missed a whole round of Groves/Smith (that's punchy/no-kicky) yesterday when it inexplicably started over at the beginning of the feed. But they have all 3 WBSS tournies, so just watching the young Japanese God Naoya Inoue three times over the next year makes it worth it. But yeah, not sure of it from a technical standpoint.
It's worked well tonight.  Had the quality drop or buffer a couple times but never more than 10 seconds. 

Caught up with the Bellator card. Last four fights pretty much went as expected.

Bellator 206 Salaries

Gegard Mousasi - $150,000
Rory MacDonald - $150,000

Rampage Jackson - $300,000
Wanderlei Silva - $200,000

Douglas Lima - $150,000
Andrey Koreshkov - $55,000

Aaron Pico - $80,000 (includes $40,000 win bonus)
Leandro Higo - $14,000

Keri Melendez - $25,000
Dakota Zimmerman - $4,000

Gaston Bolanos - $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
Ysidro Gutierrez - $2,000

Looking forward to hearing more complaints about UFC's $10k minimum. Pico with 40/40 is amazingly high for a guy with only three professional wins.

And I'm really surprised Bellator would allow MacDonald to fight Mousasi when he's also in the welterweight tourney. MacDonald likely hurt his nose again, so his tourney fight will be delayed.

So the UFC just tears up a fight contract between Joanna and Valentina and makes Valentina vs. Sijara Eubanks? This crap will continue to happen as long as there's no MMA union.

And Eubanks vs Shevchenko is supposed to be the main event that "saves" 230? :lol:  Give me a break.

updated thread title with the Khabeebiest quote of all time.      :lmao:   
im surprised there isn't more talk in this thread for this card. I think Khabib wins it, but man Conner has proevd me wrong before. i just don't see how Khabib can't y take him down and keep him down. But really thought the exact same thing with Eddie.

I am intrigued to see the fight though. Conner has had 3-4 years now to improve his wrestling and grappling. i think we have seen slight improvements in it, but it really hasn't been tested. if he has enough grappling to hold of Khabib, he has to be at least introduced into the best pound-for-pound at this point, no? i am far from a Conner nut hugger, and am craving seeing him against El Cucouy, but the guy will have earned his way if he can handle Khabib if Khabib is on his game

im surprised there isn't more talk in this thread for this card. I think Khabib wins it, but man Conner has proevd me wrong before. i just don't see how Khabib can't y take him down and keep him down. But really thought the exact same thing with Eddie.

I am intrigued to see the fight though. Conner has had 3-4 years now to improve his wrestling and grappling. i think we have seen slight improvements in it, but it really hasn't been tested. if he has enough grappling to hold of Khabib, he has to be at least introduced into the best pound-for-pound at this point, no? i am far from a Conner nut hugger, and am craving seeing him against El Cucouy, but the guy will have earned his way if he can handle Khabib if Khabib is on his game
Agreed. I thought this thread would be buzzing. I’m planning a whole day around the fights. Can’t wait. Love both of these fighters. Plus, Ferguson vs Pettis. Even Volkov/Lewis. Should be awesome.

Volkov and Lewis got into it worse. Link Volkov even tried to throw a kick. Plus, there’s been A LOT of dust ups like the Conor/Khabib and many that are much worse. I think you might be being a bit over critical on this one.
i saw the still photo of the Volkov-Lewis kick, thought they were just playing around. and yeah, guess the UFC just let's guys throw some shots now. i remember with the DC-Jones one they were discussing suspending both and community service galore. guess if the shots don't land it is ok

i saw the still photo of the Volkov-Lewis kick, thought they were just playing around. and yeah, guess the UFC just let's guys throw some shots now. i remember with the DC-Jones one they were discussing suspending both and community service galore. guess if the shots don't land it is ok
$$$.

It's not fake like WWF ... but the same chatter and feuding prior to the bout is what sells tickets (pay per view).

Not only do they now allow these shenanigans ... they likely encourage it.

Barstool Sports is promoting a new fighting circuit .. Rough and Rowdy or something... 

amateur boxing with headgear and giant gloves. Looks pretty lame. Never watched it. 

They hype it up by matching two opponents that supposedly hate each other...

Homophobe vs gay guy was one of the first ones. Latest is hillbilly vs frat boy.

Feeble attempt to sell tickets but it peaked my limited interest to the point that I would have watched if it was free. Someone will pay to see it.

Cracks me up when these guys are talking crazy smack and trying to kill each other at weigh in...

So when they finally get into the ring you're totally expecting fireworks at the bell ... instead they dance around "feeling the other guy out" for the first 3 mins.

Such a let down ... and makes you wonder how real the hatred is for the opponent.

I'm not personally real surprised. The sport's popularity has definitely dwindled and the promotion duration wasn't lengthy for a fight of this magnitude. Believe it was announced less than 2 months ago. Outside of Conor (who largely promotes himself), the UFC does zero to promote any of these guys to make anyone give a ####.

I don't even remember the last time I watched MMA but will definitely watch the main event tonight. No clue who else is even on the card. I'm going Conor. His style makes him much longer than he really is. If Khabib is able to get a hold of him, it's over.

EDIT: I see El Cucuy is fighting Pettis. WIll probably watch that for EL Cucuy. No interest in Pettis.

just a casual UFC fan ... I think Khabib is going to make hamburger out of McGregor on the ground ...

and I think McGregor is aware of this. Wasn't as much trash talk by McGregor for this one. He knows he'll have his hands full.

I can’t believe McGregor is the dog in this fight. Don’t get me wrong, Khabib dominates the most important aspect of MMA but every fight starts standing. Mendes is a great wrestler and never got close. Khabib has shown some glaring holes in his striking.

Maybe I’m just too excited and over thinking it. If Khabib was the betting underdog, I’d probably argue the other way. :D  

I'm officially ponying up for this. Haven't bought one in years. Bar not an option for me today though and don't want to rely on streams. 

I can def see Conor introducing his left hand to Khabib’s face a couple times in the 1st, forcing a couple weak/defensive takedown attempts with Conor pouncing. 

Mendes is a great wrestler and never got close. Khabib has shown some glaring holes in his striking.

Maybe I’m just too excited and over thinking it. If Khabib was the betting underdog, I’d probably argue the other way. :D  
That Mendes fight is why I think it's over if it hits the ground. Mendes isn't Khabib on the ground. Khabib will pound Conor to a bloody pulp down there. I had it 2-0 Mendes before he completely gassed at end of round 2 on short notice. Mendes took Conor down 4 times in less than 2 rounds. If Khabib takes him down 4 times, I give Conor next to no shot at even surviving the fight.

I am going Conor hoping his fighting style and ability to get in and out will keep it standing. if Khabib gets ahold of him, Conor will fold. Not a betting person at all (so I have no clue on lines), but I'd favor Khabib the longer it goes.

That kick just sort of knocked him over off balance, but I'm okay with the stoppage based on the damage he received earlier.  Grey should be complaining though. 

Users who are viewing this thread