What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (4 Viewers)

So the NSAC didn't see video of Conor's punch and didn't withhold his money at the time. I wonder if they can take it back now that there are other camera angles.
That check is cashed, homie. Fines and suspensions could happen. Connor was trying to leap the fence to go protect his boy so I get that part. But now you can't blame the guys who went after him in the ring at all. Connor swung first on them. 

That check is cashed, homie. Fines and suspensions could happen. Connor was trying to leap the fence to go protect his boy so I get that part. But now you can't blame the guys who went after him in the ring at all. Connor swung first on them. 
The guy he initially punched made a very curious decision to try and hit him with a furry hat but war is hell.

Also the dude who tries to run around the ring apron at :41 ate it pretty bad.

I don't think they can do anything about taking the purse back--but I agree with you about the fines/suspensions.   With that said--ironically--if they wanted to freeze the funds--they probably could. US banks are not open that late on Saturdays and they are closed on Sundays.   I don't see it happening--but realistically the funds probably have not been released.  

I have a question not specifically related to the fight last night.

If I bet on Guy X and Guy X wins but then the decision is later turned into an NC, do you still win the bet?  I guess the question might be how soon after a fight's initial result can you cash out?

Last edited by a moderator:

I I bet on Guy X and Guy X wins but then the decision is later turned into an NC, do you still win the bet?  I guess the question might be how soon after a fight's initial result can you cash out?
i've bet before and my guy lost, that was overturned to NC a week later (can't remember the fight, for some reason i think Karo Parisian was somehow involved) and the book kept it a loss. might be a tricky fight for you

Not much to add. I’m in Vegas for the fights but wasn’t at the arena. So glad Connor lost. Again. Not a fan of what Khabib did, but whatever, he’s Russian and that’s how they roll.

D. Lewis should do stand up. That dude is funny as balls.

Sebowski said:
Oh ####! Connor took a swing at one of Khabib guys while trying to jump the fence himself. 

https://twitter.com/dont_tell_kay/status/1048831553629970433?s=19
man, if only Conner had an opportunity earlier that evening to let some of that aggression out. That was the best offensive output we saw from him all night....

and someone should have called Department of Human Services on him and his wife for dragging their baby around all night last night

I I bet on Guy X and Guy X wins but then the decision is later turned into an NC, do you still win the bet?  I guess the question might be how soon after a fight's initial result can you cash out?
I have nothing to back me up on this, but I would think you should have been able to cash out the second Buffer announced the result.

JuniorNB said:
If you want to say that Ferguson was the aggressor, I'll go along with that. But that was the very definition of a back-and-forth fight before Pettis broke his hand. It was certainly no domination.
Tony's pressure was incredible and he finished off rnd 2 like it was his last.  I think Rogan talking about his knee constantly, made him seem like he wasn't doing well or something.  Ferguson looked like an animal.  

UFC has to shoulder some of this blame. Nevada too, how about you have some security around your arena. what is there, like 2 security guys in this entire video?

https://www.mmamania.com/ufc-229-results-stream-fight-card-news-highlights-conor-mcgregor-khabib-nurmagomedov-mma/2018/10/7/17947906/video-ufc-229-khabib-mcgregor-fan-brawl-leads-violent-one-punch-knockout-mma

there is probably a bunch more videos out there of fights from last night. i mean even the bar i was in, you had some meatheads yelling before and during the fight (thankfully Conner lost so they went back into their corners). I am not a huge Brandon Shaub fan, but the guy hit it right on the head, though it seems like an obvious prediction now

ETA: though my non-soap box self does love to watch videos like these

ETA2:  :no:  https://www.mmamania.com/ufc-229-results-stream-fight-card-news-highlights-conor-mcgregor-khabib-nurmagomedov-mma/2018/10/6/17946488/video-conor-khabib-fans-brawl-at-ufc-229-weigh-ins-dana-white-reacts-mma-ppv-las-vegas

Not much to add. I’m in Vegas for the fights but wasn’t at the arena. So glad Connor lost. Again. Not a fan of what Khabib did, but whatever, he’s Russian and that’s how they roll.

D. Lewis should do stand up. That dude is funny as balls.
How was the atmosphere in Vegas after the fights? Any issues fight-wise? I figured it would be fine, but there's a chance... with all those Irish and Russian fans blitzed and angry after the fight... 

What a card!!! Of the 12 fights 8 finishes (7 KO/TKO). Amazing come from behind last seconds finish by Lewis. Then he follows that with an amazing post fight interview. Ferguson looked awesome and Pettis almost got the come back win. Ferguson screaming about Conor was fantastic excitement before the main event.

The main event was intense. Conor has a solid chin he took some shots. I was surprised to see him tap to a neck crank. If it was a closer fight maybe he wouldn’t have tapped? I don’t know. Khabib is ridiculously strong and I’m sure was actually trying to rip his head off. I’ve never been in a neck crank much less one from Khabib so I don’t want to sound like I’m trying to judge McGregors “toughness”. I’ve just watched fights where Rogan has said that a neck crank will just hurt a whole lot but not actually put a guy out. Khabib might have actually tried to break his neck though.

Neck cranks are ####ed up.  Maybe a bunch of it is mental but at least for me it's easier to deal with pain when it's in a knee or an elbow or something.  When its your head, jaw and neck rhat are getting crushed it is super painful but it also is a much more panic-inducing type of pain...you getting things compressed and crushed and it hurts in in places you're not used to registing pain.  

I say this only having had experienced a couple demonstrated during on me light rolling at like 25%.   Even those were really disorienting and painful and I wanted out them ASAP.  Against someone like Khabib who is lifetime-grappling strong, with an opponent who he probably wouldn't care if he seriously injured... I think CM has acted like an ### and I really don't like him much anymore, but I don't fault him for a split second for tapping to that.

Disagree, Ferguson was up 2 rounds to 0 and Pettis did some grandstanding to make it look like he was in the fight. (Both during and after felt manufactured to me)

There was a brief minute where Pettis had him hurt, but it was short lived
You have to give Pettis the first.  He floored Ferguson with punches and finished the round on top.

I like Dana thinking he is taking a hard line kicking out Khabib's teammates from the UFC (forget the one guy's name, but i think he has a fight in a few cards).

Funny thing will be joke is on him when Bellator heads another PPV with Danis vs one of the Dagestanians and makes a credible card out of it. 

Softballguy said:
How was the atmosphere in Vegas after the fights? Any issues fight-wise? I figured it would be fine, but there's a chance... with all those Irish and Russian fans blitzed and angry after the fight... 
We didn’t see any issues. We were at the Pallazo so we were a ways away from the arena. But we did walk the strip later, and besides being crazy busy, there weren’t any fights or BS.

I'm thinking that Khabib is going to be suspended for a year.  Nothing scientific to back that up, it's just my gut feeling.  Question is, will Dana White strip him of the belt or wait it out? 

I could see him stripping him, just to set up the next 'biggest fight in UFC history' when the suspension is over. It's juts a very Vince McMahon, I mean, Dana White thing to do.    Perhaps he'll start up a 4-man tournament (McGregor, Ferguson, Poirier, and one other?) to award the belt to. With Khabib 'coming to take his belt back' and face the 'champ'.

MMA meatheads are worse than WWE meatheads.
Trust me if you talk to the IWC you'll get a completely different take of wrestling fans. A lot of people who are just WWE fans are incredible annoying and people like myself who watch the Indies and stuff you you could get a better conversation. The MMA Meatheads can be really ignorant and arrogant. Many of these guys flip on the fighters constantly. For example what happened to all the MMA fans who like McGregor? There's a ton of bandwagoning on guys in MMA. What I really couldn't stand was when they just completely dismiss Wrestling when a ton of MMA fighters some very well known have gone on to WWE and were successful. I hated how a lot of them Treated Rousey after her loss and then going to WWE. Like seriously she had a really tough time dealing with having her undefeated streak broken. Some people handle things like that differently. I was depressed for at least 2-3 months after my travel team lost the championship game. I was one of the reasons why and took it hard. I was never a huge Lesnar fan in WWE but when he went to UFC and the MMA meatheads started dismissing him and taking him for granted I was really hoping he'd run through the division. Brock has a legit wrestling background and won state titles and college titles. He's legit. He went through the division in a cake walk after his first fight he lost to Frank Mir. Read his biography where he said the Diverticulitis took a toll on him and he honestly just didn't give flying #### about fighting anymore. Said if he really did go back and was 100% he would've beaten Valasquez. I've met Brock on several occasions at WWE events and the dude is legit as they come. My Uncle has big hands or so I thought until we met Brock who more then doubled his hand size. For how big he is he moves like he 175 or or so. People who were dismissing him were just plan arrogant. I'm not one of those wrestling fans who says its real but the injuries are. Wrestling is more scripted and like a movie. I like MMA too but what happened on Saturday night the aftermath thats on Khabib and it's a black eye on the sport.

modogg said:
I like Dana thinking he is taking a hard line kicking out Khabib's teammates from the UFC (forget the one guy's name, but i think he has a fight in a few cards).

Funny thing will be joke is on him when Bellator heads another PPV with Danis vs one of the Dagestanians and makes a credible card out of it. 
Honestly I think the guys who entered the ring should be banned from MMA all together. There should be zero tolerance for that. No different then had these guys jumped them on the street. I took a bit of MMA when I was younger and there's a fine line. I took most of the MMA for self defense training and confidence booster as I was bullied at times in Middle School. You are taught respect for the sport and the other fighters. Those guys crossed the line of it from being a sport to straight up thuggery. It's also not the first time his camp has been involved in thuggery like this jumping others and cheap shots. 

Trust me if you talk to the IWC you'll get a completely different take of wrestling fans. A lot of people who are just WWE fans are incredible annoying and people like myself who watch the Indies and stuff you you could get a better conversation. The MMA Meatheads can be really ignorant and arrogant. Many of these guys flip on the fighters constantly. For example what happened to all the MMA fans who like McGregor? There's a ton of bandwagoning on guys in MMA. What I really couldn't stand was when they just completely dismiss Wrestling when a ton of MMA fighters some very well known have gone on to WWE and were successful. I hated how a lot of them Treated Rousey after her loss and then going to WWE. Like seriously she had a really tough time dealing with having her undefeated streak broken. Some people handle things like that differently. I was depressed for at least 2-3 months after my travel team lost the championship game. I was one of the reasons why and took it hard. I was never a huge Lesnar fan in WWE but when he went to UFC and the MMA meatheads started dismissing him and taking him for granted I was really hoping he'd run through the division. Brock has a legit wrestling background and won state titles and college titles. He's legit. He went through the division in a cake walk after his first fight he lost to Frank Mir. Read his biography where he said the Diverticulitis took a toll on him and he honestly just didn't give flying #### about fighting anymore. Said if he really did go back and was 100% he would've beaten Valasquez. I've met Brock on several occasions at WWE events and the dude is legit as they come. My Uncle has big hands or so I thought until we met Brock who more then doubled his hand size. For how big he is he moves like he 175 or or so. People who were dismissing him were just plan arrogant. I'm not one of those wrestling fans who says its real but the injuries are. Wrestling is more scripted and like a movie. I like MMA too but what happened on Saturday night the aftermath thats on Khabib and it's a black eye on the sport.
You're on an MMA travel team?

Honestly I think the guys who entered the ring should be banned from MMA all together. There should be zero tolerance for that. No different then had these guys jumped them on the street. I took a bit of MMA when I was younger and there's a fine line. I took most of the MMA for self defense training and confidence booster as I was bullied at times in Middle School. You are taught respect for the sport and the other fighters. Those guys crossed the line of it from being a sport to straight up thuggery. It's also not the first time his camp has been involved in thuggery like this jumping others and cheap shots. 
Should their be tolerance for going to Brooklyn to break bus?

McGreggor jumped in the Bellator "cage" about a year ago, so if they were to take this line the UFC would be out a lot of money

I'm thinking that Khabib is going to be suspended for a year.  Nothing scientific to back that up, it's just my gut feeling.  Question is, will Dana White strip him of the belt or wait it out? 

I could see him stripping him, just to set up the next 'biggest fight in UFC history' when the suspension is over. It's juts a very Vince McMahon, I mean, Dana White thing to do.    Perhaps he'll start up a 4-man tournament (McGregor, Ferguson, Poirier, and one other?) to award the belt to. With Khabib 'coming to take his belt back' and face the 'champ'.
This is the same company that keeps giving Jon Jones chances despite the fact he should never be fighting in UFC again. I could see a slap on the wrist but I think it's gonna depend on the commission. Plus considering White Said the Governor was there and ran the hell out when it started I could definitely see lengthy suspension

McGreggor jumped in the Bellator "cage" about a year ago, so if they were to take this line the UFC would be out a lot of money
I don't care what McGregor or someone said or did too you or someone else. YOU DO NOT JUMP OUT OF THE CAGE AND rUSH THE CroWD. It's dangerous, irresponsible, and puts innocent bystanders at risk. What he did was no different then Ron Artest years ago. Honestly surprised theres no rules for punishing guys for doing so yet. The insults are part of the sport unfortunately and you need thick skin. Khabib may have won the fight but he lost the mental game big time. Khabib just ####ed himself out of a huge payday, if UFC doesn't prosecute him Vegas commission will and may ban him for life and then any other place in the US UFC has a license with could as well. It'd be hard for him to get a work Visa and he probably never fights in the US again. Micheal Bisping was very serious speaking about this that it could very well happen. Basically said Khabib acting like a complete idiot may have just ruined his career. Khabib is lucky I'm not in White's position. I would have taken Rogan's mic and announced Khabib is stripped of the title immediacy, he'll be heavily fined, UFC is pressing criminal charges against him and he's terminated immediately. There's zero reason for fighter to leave the cage like that. Mark Halloway on Twitter made it very clear. He like other fighters have their kids and families sitting ring side during the fights and some innocent fan could've been injured. There should be zero tolerance in any sport of an athlete leaving the field of play and jumping into the stands. 

I'm by no means defending McGregor and the bus incident. It happened and he could've handled it better however Conors buddy called out Khabib and like a ##### he came with back up and cornered the dude. So Armatov ##### Slapped him. Connor was arrested and persecuted for what he did. I believe he's still on probation as well. He was punished. As for what happened in the octagon with the guys going after Connor I'm glad White said any fighter who entered the ring and got involved will never fight for UFC again. Yeah I saw Connor punch a guy but what are you suppose to do when someone bum rushes you like that. On top of that Connor gets restrained and two guys cheap shot him? You can hate Connor all you want but at least admit that's a punk move. This isn't Khabib and his camps first rodeo of jumping other fighters or camps. Complete Thuggery honestly on their part. 

UFC and White also need to be blamed. They are becoming too much like wrestling with allowing guys to say whatever they want. UFC fed the flames with the promo of The Connor Bus incident which only poured oil on a pretty big fire. This match up was a powder keg ready to explode. I think Khabib's actions were definitely calculated. I'd have hated to see what he'd have done had he lost. I really didn't think much of Khabib before the fight. I just knew about the McGregor stuff and that Khabib was a top guy. However after Saturday night I have zero respect for him (Khabib) or anyone associated with his camp. 

Connor jumping in the cage I don't know a lot about that incident at bellator as I do not pay a lot of attention to them. Did he hit someone or anything like that? If he jumped in the cage theres a ton of guys who do that. However he put himself at risk there. What Khabib did was absolutely reckless given that it was out of the cage and jumping into a crowd of innocent people. Look at the one photo he's lucky he didn't miss jumping over two people. Not sure if they were photographers, media people or what but they could've been seriously hurt. I blame the actions that happened after the fight on Khabib though. Connor and Khabib's teammates don't get into it if Khabib doesn't jump out of the ring and attacks Danis. Plus Khabibs guys attacked Connor. There was no guy jumps in cage and we have a staredown lets compare who's **** is bigger moment. 

McGregor should have been suspended after the bus accident. But Dana White looks at him like his cash cow. Connor McGregor created a lot of the hatred and animosity that boiled over Saturday night. He's been insulting fighters and their families and origins and Dana White just stands by because it sells tickets.  It's just fortunate that their hasn't been anyone murdered yet. I won't be a bit surprised if that happens. There's a reason Connor McGregor didn't want to press charges after Saturday night.  And him being a nice guy certainly isn't it. He knows he might not live to see 2019 if he pulled that. 

Trust me if you talk to the IWC you'll get a completely different take of wrestling fans.
I don't disagree with you. My statement was regarding the fights in the crowd and drunken frat boys wanting to be tough guys at events. If I had kids, I wouldn't hesitate to take them to a RAW or Smackdown taping (I went to both in my college days), but I wouldn't want to attend a UFC show as an adult.

No, but Conor was charged with multiple felonies and went through that process.  Sure, maybe it was not resolved to the Russian mafia's satisfaction, but it was resolved.  The incident this weekend stands on its own.  Khabib and his camp had the chance to be the better group here.  It's just as bad a look, if not worse, especially with the potential chaos that could have caused in the stands.

There's a reason Connor McGregor didn't want to press charges after Saturday night.  And him being a nice guy certainly isn't it. He knows he might not live to see 2019 if he pulled that. 
Did Khabib press charges for the bus incident or was Conor simply charged with the felonies by the police?

No, but Conor was charged with multiple felonies and went through that process.  Sure, maybe it was not resolved to the Russian mafia's satisfaction, but it was resolved.  The incident this weekend stands on its own.  Khabib and his camp had the chance to be the better group here.  It's just as bad a look, if not worse, especially with the potential chaos that could have caused in the stands.

Did Khabib press charges for the bus incident or was Conor simply charged with the felonies by the police?
That was a civil charge. Not Khabib's.   If there was never a Conor McGregor, there would have never been a bus accident or this ugly scene Saturday night. He's both the best thing, and the worst thing, that's ever happened to the UFC. It's become a gangster/mob/mafia thing now. I think we haven't seen the worst yet and it's going to end tragically.

That was a civil charge. Not Khabib's.   If there was never a Conor McGregor, there would have never been a bus accident or this ugly scene Saturday night. He's both the best things, and the worst thing, that's ever happened to the UFC. It's become a gangster/mob/mafia thing now. I think we haven't seen the worst yet and it's going to end tragically.
Not disagreeing with anything and not trying to defend Conor's actions.  My overall point is simply Khabib and his crew did not have to act like they did.  They deserve whatever the police or UFC do to them.  And you mention it ending tragically, that's sort of what I mean about taking it into the stands.  Someone innocent could have been seriously injured.  

Not disagreeing with anything and not trying to defend Conor's actions.  My overall point is simply Khabib and his crew did not have to act like they did.  They deserve whatever the police or UFC do to them.  And you mention it ending tragically, that's sort of what I mean about taking it into the stands.  Someone innocent could have been seriously injured.  
Different people take being disrespected differently. With Mcgregor and Mayweather, you could almost see the wink on their face when they were insulting each other. They were both in on the joke and knew they were building the pot. McGregor and his team pushed the wrong buttons with the wrong people. I agree that it was a stupid thing to do Saturday night. Very dangerous for everyone who was there.  

I am shocked that Khabib took the biggest moment of his life and decided to throw it all away to run after McGregor's training partner. He would have been interviewed by Rogan, while having a sullen Mcgregor moping near him. He would have been king of the world. He took that from himself. But that goes to show you the genuine hatred and ill-will he meant for McGregor's team. If there weren't metal detectors before entering, lives would have been lost. I guarantee that would have escalated to gunfire. Incredibly stupid move by Khabib, but there's blood on Mcgregor's hands too. This was his creation.

So the McGregor incident, which took place at a UFC event and injured UFC fighters, should that fall within the UFC's purview as well?

When Khabib says Putin called him to congratulate him, I totally believe him. I wouldn't mess with humorless Dagestanis. 

Users who are viewing this thread