What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (3 Viewers)

Looks like both Conor and Khabib are being investigated now that the commission has fully reviewed tapes it did not have when they released Conor's purse.

=====================

LAS VEGAS -- The Nevada State Athletic Commission will file formal complaints against Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor for their postfight actions at UFC 229 on Saturday at T-Mobile Arena.

NSAC chairman Anthony Marnell told ESPN on Monday the commission is conducting a full investigation into the melee that took place after Nurmagomedov's championship win against McGregor. The investigation includes lengthy film review and interviews with people involved.

The commission elected to hold Nurmagomedov's $2 million paycheck in expectation of filing a complaint. It released McGregor's $3 million payday but now intends to file a complaint against the Irishman as well, after reviewing tape that was not immediately available on fight night.

"We will be filing against Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov," Marnell said. "Because we withheld one purse, we will have to move expeditiously to a complaint and hearing. We have held 100 percent of one of the fighter's money, so the goal is to get the complaints out in the next 24 to 48 hours."\

Marnell said the commission is looking into measures to punish those individuals, despite McGregor's decision not to pursue charges.

"There are a lot of things here," Marnell said. "There are a lot of charges that can be brought against a spectator who came over the barricade, through the commission section and into the Octagon to strike a fighter three times. For the record, I have a massive problem with that. That cannot happen.

"We're taking a really hard look at that gentleman. We know exactly who he is and where he is. I have to let the attorney general determine -- is that trespassing, disturbing the peace? That was a serious action and it deserves a serious consequence."

Last edited by a moderator:
At someone jumping in the octagon, quit spinning.
Are you just choosing to not watch the video? The guy that Conor throws a punch at is jumping out of the cage and not even looking at him. This is prior to any of Khabibs guys going after him. How am I spinning this at all?

I don't care what McGregor or someone said or did too you or someone else. YOU DO NOT JUMP OUT OF THE CAGE AND rUSH THE CroWD. It's dangerous, irresponsible, and puts innocent bystanders at risk. What he did was no different then Ron Artest years ago. Honestly surprised theres no rules for punishing guys for doing so yet. The insults are part of the sport unfortunately and you need thick skin. Khabib may have won the fight but he lost the mental game big time. Khabib just ####ed himself out of a huge payday, if UFC doesn't prosecute him Vegas commission will and may ban him for life and then any other place in the US UFC has a license with could as well. It'd be hard for him to get a work Visa and he probably never fights in the US again. Micheal Bisping was very serious speaking about this that it could very well happen. Basically said Khabib acting like a complete idiot may have just ruined his career. Khabib is lucky I'm not in White's position. I would have taken Rogan's mic and announced Khabib is stripped of the title immediacy, he'll be heavily fined, UFC is pressing criminal charges against him and he's terminated immediately. There's zero reason for fighter to leave the cage like that. Mark Halloway on Twitter made it very clear. He like other fighters have their kids and families sitting ring side during the fights and some innocent fan could've been injured. There should be zero tolerance in any sport of an athlete leaving the field of play and jumping into the stands. 

I'm by no means defending McGregor and the bus incident. It happened and he could've handled it better however Conors buddy called out Khabib and like a ##### he came with back up and cornered the dude. So Armatov ##### Slapped him. Connor was arrested and persecuted for what he did. I believe he's still on probation as well. He was punished. As for what happened in the octagon with the guys going after Connor I'm glad White said any fighter who entered the ring and got involved will never fight for UFC again. Yeah I saw Connor punch a guy but what are you suppose to do when someone bum rushes you like that. On top of that Connor gets restrained and two guys cheap shot him? You can hate Connor all you want but at least admit that's a punk move. This isn't Khabib and his camps first rodeo of jumping other fighters or camps. Complete Thuggery honestly on their part. 

UFC and White also need to be blamed. They are becoming too much like wrestling with allowing guys to say whatever they want. UFC fed the flames with the promo of The Connor Bus incident which only poured oil on a pretty big fire. This match up was a powder keg ready to explode. I think Khabib's actions were definitely calculated. I'd have hated to see what he'd have done had he lost. I really didn't think much of Khabib before the fight. I just knew about the McGregor stuff and that Khabib was a top guy. However after Saturday night I have zero respect for him (Khabib) or anyone associated with his camp. 

Connor jumping in the cage I don't know a lot about that incident at bellator as I do not pay a lot of attention to them. Did he hit someone or anything like that? If he jumped in the cage theres a ton of guys who do that. However he put himself at risk there. What Khabib did was absolutely reckless given that it was out of the cage and jumping into a crowd of innocent people. Look at the one photo he's lucky he didn't miss jumping over two people. Not sure if they were photographers, media people or what but they could've been seriously hurt. I blame the actions that happened after the fight on Khabib though. Connor and Khabib's teammates don't get into it if Khabib doesn't jump out of the ring and attacks Danis. Plus Khabibs guys attacked Connor. There was no guy jumps in cage and we have a staredown lets compare who's **** is bigger moment. 
GTFOH with most of that jibber jabber. You're an upset Connor fan, huh? 

Lance Pugmire‏Verified account @latimespugmire 11m11 minutes ago

The Nevada Athletic Commission will deliver 10-day suspensions to Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor in short order as it begins in earnest its review of @TeamKhabib’s post-fight leap into the crowd Saturday night at @TMobileArena.

Lance Pugmire‏Verified account @latimespugmire 10m10 minutes ago

The commission will continue to hold Nurmagomedov’s full $2 million guaranteed purse at least until the commission meets to discuss the situation later this month at a date not yet finalized.

Lance Pugmire‏Verified account @latimespugmire 11m11 minutes ago

The Nevada Athletic Commission will deliver 10-day suspensions to Khabib Nurmagomedov and Conor McGregor in short order as it begins in earnest its review of @TeamKhabib’s post-fight leap into the crowd Saturday night at @TMobileArena.

Lance Pugmire‏Verified account @latimespugmire 10m10 minutes ago

The commission will continue to hold Nurmagomedov’s full $2 million guaranteed purse at least until the commission meets to discuss the situation later this month at a date not yet finalized.
Wow, 10 whole days?  that will surely interfere with the fights they had scheduled this coming weekend.  :mellow:  

NewlyRetired said:
I must be reading it wrong.

I don't think the ten days is the punishment.  I think the 10 days is just simply some cover time until they can decide on the real punishment for each fighter after they finish their investigation.
I assume the same -- but Why not do their investigation and then tell us what the punishment is?   This 10-day announcement just feels pointless, as I can't imagine anything either fighter  had that was going to happen in that 10 window anyway.  

I'm just nitpicking, but I'm good at it and it's fun.   :banned:  

Honestly, holding the fighters purse is bull####. They fought, he didn't do anything as a part of the fight to disqualify himself, the fight ended, he won. Give him his money.

Now, suspend him or punish him separately if needed for the post-fight actions, but he earned his money the second Conor tapped.

Honestly, holding the fighters purse is bull####. They fought, he didn't do anything as a part of the fight to disqualify himself, the fight ended, he won. Give him his money.

Now, suspend him or punish him separately if needed for the post-fight actions, but he earned his money the second Conor tapped.
The purse is being held because the fine will be subtracted from it. He's going to get it very quickly.  Especially because McGregor got his.

Dunno if it's the same for MMA, but boxers are "suspended" automatically after fights, simply to prevent them from fighting again too quickly. To wit: http://boxrec.com/en/boxer/356831
It's not automatically, but anyone who gets KO'd or any cut that requires stitches is almost certain to get a 90 or 180 day medical suspension (which can be overridden by another doctor once they're healed.)

The purse is being held because the fine will be subtracted from it. He's going to get it very quickly.  Especially because McGregor got his.
“Listen, [the NAC] took his whole purse right now, and they’re talking about keeping his purse. I do not think that that should happen,” White added when asked about what should happen to Nurmagomedov. “You should not be able to keep his whole purse. ... I think they should take $250,000 from him.”

Can we at least get McGregor v. Ferguson during Khabib's suspension? Or are we probably waiting for the Khabib/McGregor II cash cow?

Dumb for fans, but can't fault Black Beast. He'll cash out and when he loses it'll be bc he fought so soon. 

Waiting for the lines on this fight.....DC should win easily.
I should also add that it's stupid because Shevchenko vs Eubanks is now cancelled (as if title fights were ever required to headline an event) and Shevchenko vs Joanna is back on for UFC 231. Contracts are meaningless and subject to the whims of the promotion.

Dumb for fans, but can't fault Black Beast. He'll cash out and when he loses it'll be bc he fought so soon. 

Waiting for the lines on this fight.....DC should win easily.
gonna have to take DC inside the distance. DC was 3-1 favorite vs. Brock, 9-1 favorite vs. Lewis:

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/daniel-cormier-betting-odds-brock-lesnar-derrick-lewis-ufc-230

Would love to see Lewis land a looping right, but no way i can see it. And shame he is taking the fight, really would have liked to see him get better prepared for a title fight. Was nice to see he was at least attempting grappling in this one. 

He's definitely not ready, but the UFC is striking while the iron's hot. Curtis Blaydes is a better opponent for DC at this time.

Now Porrier is hurt and out of the Nate Diaz fight. Diaz told Ariel he'll wait for Khabib. I'm sure that's just Nate being Nate. Ferguson said he was ready to fight next day. I say call his bluff and put him in there with Nate. 

Now Porrier is hurt and out of the Nate Diaz fight. Diaz told Ariel he'll wait for Khabib. I'm sure that's just Nate being Nate. Ferguson said he was ready to fight next day. I say call his bluff and put him in there with Nate. 
UFC has really mucked up this card from the beginning.  How was Nate Diaz ever on a card that wasn't a main event?

EYLive said:
I should also add that it's stupid because Shevchenko vs Eubanks is now cancelled (as if title fights were ever required to headline an event) and Shevchenko vs Joanna is back on for UFC 231. Contracts are meaningless and subject to the whims of the promotion.
Then Lewis vs Cormier is awesome! Shevchenko vs Jedrzejczyk is a much better fight than Shevchenko vs Eubanks.

modogg said:
insane that Lewis is medically cleared for that. 
Shamelessly lifted (I'm paraphrasing) from some random reddit guy:

"It is my professional medical opinion that Mr Lewis not be allowed to Fight on the 230 Card.  He still has not recovered his breath and his #### remain dangerously hot.   It is highly recommended that he sit his black ### down and do some cardio.   

John R. Medicine, MD"

Then Lewis vs Cormier is awesome! Shevchenko vs Jedrzejczyk is a much better fight than Shevchenko vs Eubanks.
I enjoy watching all 4 of those fighters. But Lewis shouldn't be fighting in a month, and they shouldn't jerk the female strawweights around like that. It sucks that this promotion had no integrity and treats its employees like trash. 

Users who are viewing this thread