Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title

25 minutes ago, GOB said:

Volkanovski vs Mendes is very interesting. Going to be heavy hands thrown.

Needed Volkan there.

Did that one contest I invited you to not go off?  I swear when I joined, it said it would resize if it didn't fill.  Bummer, I don't see it.

50 minutes ago, GOB said:

They use one that is 30' and 25' across. 

Smaller cage leads to more action. My addiction to betting unders is satisfied with the science behind it.

I saw data a while back that really supported this.  I dont remember the specifics, but it a was a significant increase in the amount of finishes. Way more than I would have guessed. .

1 hour ago, GOB said:

Jon Jones is scary good, isn't he?

Meh. He didn't look like a world beater tonight IMO and Gustafsson didn't look hungry like he did in their first match. It took Jones 2+ rounds to get a stoppage, and I'm not sure Alex was done yet. Just my $.02

41 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Meh. He didn't look like a world beater tonight IMO and Gustafsson didn't look hungry like he did in their first match. It took Jones 2+ rounds to get a stoppage, and I'm not sure Alex was done yet. Just my $.02

I think Alex tried stuff that Jones did to him in the first fight and Jones out thought him again.  Alex could hardly walk out of the post fight presser.

On 12/28/2018 at 4:28 PM, Clayton Gray said:

I didn't think the first Jones/Gustafsson fight was as close as people thought then, so getting Jones at -300 is a steal. Sure, Jones' layoff is worrisome, but it's not like Gustafsson has been active either (only one more fight than Jones since their first meeting and Jones has fought more recently).

I like Amanda Nunes, but Cris Cyborg in the -250 range seems way too good to pass up.

If you can get Walt Harris under -175, that seems like great value against Andre Arlovski.

I'd love to take Uriah Hall at almost even money against a Contender Series fighter, but I just don't trust him.

Chad Mendes is a big step up for Volkanovski. I'll take Mendes at -150.

Michael Chiesa's best win is Beneil Dariush. I know Carlos Condit seems like he can't win anymore, but I'll take him as a +140 dog.

Ryan Hall is the biggest favorite on the card around -500, but unless he injures himself, he should beat B.J. Penn. I'll pass, though.

Ugh.

Nunes was incredible. Cyborg clearly didn't respect her power.

Chiesa looked like a big welterweight. That was surprising. But I should have considered Chiesa's wrestling advantage more here. Also, RIP, Carlos Condit.

Mendes was pretty bad. Maybe he's missing the roids.

Regardless of odds, I should take Ryan Hall against anyone who isn't a power puncher with good takedown defense.

• Like 1

Jones looked good, and I say that as someone who isn’t a fan. He kept Gust at a distance, inflicted some damage, and then pounced. Alex is a world class fighter and he was clearly outclassed. 

With that, there is nothing more in MMA I would like to see than DC beat Jones. Sadly, I don’t think he can, but I’ll watch happily in the hopes that he could pull it off. 

I have no interest in DC/Lesnar. DC is a class act, would like nothing more than for him to beat Jones and then hang it up.

• Like 2

Fk DC. He needs to keep his crooked tooth mouth ### shut about JBJ and steroids and all his whining about that when he's booked a fight against the biggest doper, non-skilled musclehead in the game (who isn't even really IN the game).   It makes him look like an even bigger and dumber baby than we all know he is.  

There is nothing in MMA I would like more than for Jon to get another chance to show DC exactly where he is on the totem pole and send him to the booth once and for all. Fing hypocrite.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, cockroach said:

Fk DC. He needs to keep his crooked tooth mouth ### shut about JBJ and steroids and all his whining about that when he's booked a fight against the biggest doper, non-skilled musclehead in the game (who isn't even really IN the game).   It makes him look like an even bigger and dumber baby than we all know he is.  

There is nothing in MMA I would like more than for Jon to get another chance to show DC exactly where he is on the totem pole and send him to the booth once and for all. Fing hypocrite.  

Agree.  DC has gotten his ### whopped twice by JJ.  He's not on JJ's level as a fighter.  Not even close.

31 minutes ago, ILUVBEER99 said:

Agree.  DC has gotten his ### whopped twice by JJ.  He's not on JJ's level as a fighter.  Not even close.

I’m off memory here, but wasn’t he winning the last fight until Jones caught him and then finished it?

17 minutes ago, Bobcat10 said:

Did the tiny kickboxer take a dive?  Seems like some are saying he did on the twitter.

the first knock down did not appear to be a hard blow but did get him on the temple.  The second knock down was a very solid shot.

here is the full fight to judge for yourself.

https://streamable.com/s172y

• Like 2

19 hours ago, cockroach said:

Pretty hilarious that you think DC is the hypocrite in this DC-Bones soap opera.  I see the point about steroids and brock, which does net DC 5 or 7 hypocrisy points, but hes still got 300 miles to catch up to Bones lifetime of work. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:

Pretty hilarious that you think DC is the hypocrite in this DC-Bones soap opera.  I see the point about steroids and brock, which does net DC 5 or 7 hypocrisy points, but hes still got 300 miles to catch up to Bones lifetime of work. 

Jon, as an pro-athlete, trying to cultivate a wholesome public perception of himself while he's out getting coked-up and running from DUI accidents is not really the kind of hypocrisy that bothers me. 

12 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

great stat

======

Aaron Bronsteter‏ @aaronbronsteter

Total combined significant strikes landed by former bantamweight/featherweight champs Cris Cyborg, Ronda Rousey, Miesha Tate and Germaine de Randamie against Amanda Nunes: 14

Nunes is GOAT, fosho.

16 hours ago, NewlyRetired said:

the first knock down did not appear to be a hard blow but did get him on the temple.  The second knock down was a very solid shot.

here is the full fight to judge for yourself.

https://streamable.com/s172y

I'm no expert, but the Japanese guy seemed to be a bit dramatic with the flopping.

We have had a lot of posts on how little many fighters make even in the biggest organizations.

And even acknowledging that, I was still shocked to see Lauren Murphy tweet today that her previous agent was getting 20% of what she made including money for fighting, money for winning and any bonus's she might get.

• AhrnCityPahnder changed the title to UFC wagering: PSA - taking a cardboard gun to a MuayThai/BJJ fight will not end well

This sport tends to highlight the negative over the positives so it is worth while acknowledging what Khabib is doing.  He asked kids to write to him on instagram asking for something they wanted as a gift and he would choose 10 of them to grant.  These are the 10 he chose

=======================================

*Muhammad, 14. Wants to visit Mecca with his parents.

*Murad, 7. Wants quadrocopter.

*Elaman. Wants for his parents to visit Mecca.

*Ezher, 17, trains mma. Wants to train with Khabibs father for one fight.

*Ratmir, 6 years old, deaf kid. Wants to start training but its hard to find trainers for deaf kids. Khabib answered that in spring he opens up a new personal gym in Moscow (which is news in itself) and he invites that kid to open it with him and there would be a group for kids with different disabilities who would train there for free. Kid also wanted a book and Khabib promised it as well.

*Sasha (Alexander), 26 from Kazakhstan. Does charity for orphanages and says that kids there would benefit greatly from reading his book. Khabib promised those books and personal visit to that orphanage.

*Aymen, 8 yo, cerebral palsy. Wants a better wheelchair.

*Makar, 7. Loves and plays football. Asks for new sports uniform for his team.

*Kurban, 13 has Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Wants some expensive breathing medical item

*Bilal, loves and plays football, wanted to see Barcelona match live. Khabib invited him to watch together Real match and train with them too.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

• AhrnCityPahnder changed the title to UFC wagering: GSP -- I waz eeempressed by your performances. Godspeed!