What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (4 Viewers)

Unless Dana got a call from Trump telling him racial tensions are too bad right now for a Woodley vs. Colby Covington, then I don't see any reason this isn't happening. That was, has, and always been THE FIGHT to make.  WTF???  And now Colby is entertaining Till, as long as he gets paid?  Weak.  Colby should be calling Tyron out for ducking him, put the spotlight on Woodley.  It was his decision to take Usman over CC.  The positive is they are both young and will eventually meet as long as they keep winning.  I think Usman has a better chance vs Woodley than Till does vs Colby.  Horrible matchup for Till, I'm not sure why anyone would be advising him to take a stylistically horrible matchup coming off a loss.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless Dana got a call from Trump telling him racial tensions are too bad right now for a Woodley vs. Colby Covington, then I don't see any reason this isn't happening. That was, has, and always been THE FIGHT to make.  WTF???  And now Colby is entertaining Till, as long as he gets paid?  Weak.  Colby should be calling Tyron out for ducking him, put the spotlight on Woodley.  It was his decision to take Usman over CC.  The positive is they are both young and will eventually meet as long as they keep winning.  I think Usman has a better chance vs Woodley than Till does vs Colby.  Horrible matchup for Till, I'm not sure why anyone would be advising him to take a stylistically horrible matchup coming off a loss.  
Also, what would be the ufc's plan for till if he wins that fight?

Dumb idea.

Looks like next weekend's Fight Night will roll out as follows.....ESPN+ for the non-TV prelims, then over to ESPN for the TV prelims, then back to ESPN+ for the main card. 

Disappointed that (most) Fight Nights now require a subscription service.

There seems to be 2 events through March that will have main cards on ESPN.

I think PPV prelims will be on ESPN, but not totally sure on that.

Move him up to 185. 

UFC is struggling for stars and Covington, as much as he wants, has no chance of that status.
The UFC can promote a guy all they want, but at the end of the day the fighter just needs to win fights.  If the UFC worked that way Sage Northcutt would be on Wheaties boxes right now.

I've believed that Usman has been passed over due to nobody wanting to fight him for so long. Covington is a loudmouth relying on a tired WWE shtick, he still has a lot to prove.

The UFC can promote a guy all they want, but at the end of the day the fighter just needs to win fights.  If the UFC worked that way Sage Northcutt would be on Wheaties boxes right now.
Till is not a top 10 guy in any division.  How the UFC was able to hype him to being favored over Woodley was one of the great mysteries of last year.

Almost as bad as Cejudo being the dog against Dillashaw...🤑

Greg Hardy fights Saturday. :popcorn: . This guy is still an unknown imo because he knocks out guys so fast.  The raw talent is intriguing, but I'll believe it when I see him go up against a grappler.  I have a feeling that any of the guys at the top of the division would have him tapping in round 1.

Greg Hardy fights Saturday. :popcorn: . This guy is still an unknown imo because he knocks out guys so fast.  The raw talent is intriguing, but I'll believe it when I see him go up against a grappler.  I have a feeling that any of the guys at the top of the division would have him tapping in round 1.
I think a lot of people are viewing Hardy through the wrong lens.

He is going to be instantly one of the most atheltically talented guys in the entire UFC. And is actual training time is probably on par with "monsters" like ngannou.  Wrestling may be a weakness but years of experience mauling olinemen might translate just as well to mma wrestling as actual traditional wrestling.

There isn't another guy on the UFC roster that could record 15 sacks in the NFL.  Dude has a big enough chip on his shoulder to give him plenty to fight for.  He's been living in the ATT dorms living and breathing this stuff for 2 years or so now.

I say he goes 4-0 this year with 3 of those taking less than half a round.

I think a lot of people are viewing Hardy through the wrong lens.

He is going to be instantly one of the most atheltically talented guys in the entire UFC. And is actual training time is probably on par with "monsters" like ngannou.  Wrestling may be a weakness but years of experience mauling olinemen might translate just as well to mma wrestling as actual traditional wrestling.

There isn't another guy on the UFC roster that could record 15 sacks in the NFL.  Dude has a big enough chip on his shoulder to give him plenty to fight for.  He's been living in the ATT dorms living and breathing this stuff for 2 years or so now.

I say he goes 4-0 this year with 3 of those taking less than half a round.
The UFC definitely isn't rushing him along.  They are probably looking forward to having him help fill out a few underwhelming cards this year.  It will be interesting to see how ESPN handles talking about him.  

The UFC definitely isn't rushing him along.  They are probably looking forward to having him help fill out a few underwhelming cards this year.  It will be interesting to see how ESPN handles talking about him.  
He should probably consider changing his name to CM Punk to get away from his past.

Obviously domestic violence is terrible and unacceptable, but they should allow the man to get on with his life.

The allegations have cost Hardy more than anyone I can think of for something he was never convicted of, and I'm not defending what he did but we'll never know the whole story at this point anyways.

I posted some info a few posts above yours.

In general, it's going to be a mix of the ESPN channels, ESPN+ (subscription service), and PPV.
I worded my question poorly.  I was talking specifically about this Saturday's fights, not in general.

Looks exactly as you said. 

Early Prelims: ESPN+

Prelims: ESPN

Main Card: ESPN+

He should probably consider changing his name to CM Punk to get away from his past.

Obviously domestic violence is terrible and unacceptable, but they should allow the man to get on with his life.

The allegations have cost Hardy more than anyone I can think of for something he was never convicted of, and I'm not defending what he did but we'll never know the whole story at this point anyways.
We know enough. #### that guy. 

I am no fan of TJ Dillashaw. Just seems smarmy.

But he is one of the best fighters on the planet and mad respect for making 125. I assumed he was not going to do it. Let's see how much it took out of him.

Is the feeling in here Cejudo wins? Are we just assuming the cut makes it hard for TJ or does Cejudo actually have the skillet to beat TJ?

Tj hasn't fought a wrestler like Cejudo, but TJ is a former wrestler so it can't be a huge disadvantage where CJ will ground and pound him right?

You mean if Cejudo wins? Pretty sure it’s getting scrapped regardless.
It's a shame because the 125 division is better than the heavyweight division. I know they aren't as marketable.

The likelihood of a bad heavyweight fight is much higher than a bad flyweight fight.

Is the feeling in here Cejudo wins? Are we just assuming the cut makes it hard for TJ or does Cejudo actually have the skillet to beat TJ?

Tj hasn't fought a wrestler like Cejudo, but TJ is a former wrestler so it can't be a huge disadvantage where CJ will ground and pound him right?
Watch TJs fight against Cruz. I know Cruz isn't Cejudo in the wrestling department but Dillashaw is unbelievable at getting up. Couple that with his superior footwork, and enormous advantage in the striking department, TJ wins easy unless the cut kills him.

I would advise passing on the betting though. -220 is for the birds and amateurs.

I also think TJ pieces him up unless the weight cut really drains him. Maybe Cejudo can hold him down like he did Mighty Mouse but I don’t see it.

Don’t know what they’re gunna do if Cejudo wins and their plan is to scrap the division anyways, which is why this being at 125 is so stupid. You’re not a “dual champion” if you never fight at one of the weights you’re champion at ever again. The only thing close to a dual champion we’ve had is BJ Penn, who didn’t hold them at the same time. Unless Cormier or Nunes fight again at their “dual champion” weights, they don’t count, nor does McGregor. Rant over.

No, if TJ is champ, is that enough to create interesting matchups to keep the division alive? Or will TJ just dump the title like every other double champ?
IMO,

If TJ is champ, it is going to be 100% scrapped.  I think this entire fight was set up as the lead in to officially close the division should TJ win.

If Cejudo wins, there is the slightest of hopes that something could survive (but even then I doubt it).

GOB said:
Watch TJs fight against Cruz. I know Cruz isn't Cejudo in the wrestling department but Dillashaw is unbelievable at getting up. Couple that with his superior footwork, and enormous advantage in the striking department, TJ wins easy unless the cut kills him.

I would advise passing on the betting though. -220 is for the birds and amateurs.
This is my thought too. I was curious to see some Cejudo fans in here (at least for this fight).

ESPN has a lot of pics of TJ cutting weight/training in this article, he looks like Christian Bale in the Machinist in some of them

Link

So say the weight cut for TJ goes as planned and he doesn't suffer much loss....do you think Cejudo can beat TJ?

Seems like this boils down to whether you think the cut will hurt TJ or not.
TJ had a 17 week weight cut plan that he had to cram into a 11 week camp.  With dehydration before weigh ins, that 10 lb weight cut is more like 15 lbs, of 12% of his total body mass.

TJ's build isn't the type where he could add muscle to burn fat, so even if everything went awesome, that 10 lbs of muscle had to go somewhere.

So he's coming in weak against not just an olympic wrestler, but literally the best 125 lb wrestler in history.  Once fatigue sets in at all, TJ's kicking game is going to be worthless, because he's going right down to his back.  He might pop up every time Henry takes him down but its going to take that much more out of him.

Henry has some developed some pretty incredible counter punching power.  If he gets TJ against the fence, I don't see how TJ can summon the strength to get him off.

I know I sound like a crazy person, but I don't see a path to victory for TJ outside of a mortal kombat combo in the first.  But just remember, when DJ waxed Cejudo in the first, Henry was only 3 years into his MMA career against the #1 p4p guy in the sport at the time.  and even if you think he didn't deserve the last decision against dj, he was taking him down with 1 leg.

The line should be flipped.  I'd still be hyping Cejudo.

So say the weight cut for TJ goes as planned and he doesn't suffer much loss....do you think Cejudo can beat TJ?

Seems like this boils down to whether you think the cut will hurt TJ or not.
for me it kind of comes down to has Cejudo improve significantly and the guy we saw against DJ is what he has become, or is that more of a sign of DJ really being unhappy with UFC and not being at his absolute best

Honestly only have 1 strong play tonight.

Teixiera -115

Unless Roberson sparks him with something ala Rumble Johnson, Glover is going to school him with the grappling. 

Bombs away.

for me it kind of comes down to has Cejudo improve significantly and the guy we saw against DJ is what he has become, or is that more of a sign of DJ really being unhappy with UFC and not being at his absolute best
Have you seen DJ play Xbox?  He'd never dial it in.  He left because he felt he got robbed after years of being under promoted.

Users who are viewing this thread