What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

UFC wagering: breaking news - judging is so terrible it got me to return here to update this thread title (9 Viewers)

Askren was the better wrestler and Diaz had better BJJ than Usman so I hope Jorge is well prepared even with just a week.

the man event was the epitome of a "puncher's chance"

that's all jorge had, and anyone who looked at it objectively saw that. when jorge heard the first 50-45 score his face melted.

Dana White admits Holloway was robbed.  "You can’t leave it to these guys. We’ve got some bad judging. Looks like we've got to tighten up our refs and judges here on fight island"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12100718/ufc-holloway-volkanovski-judges-sacked-dana-white/

UFC chief Dana White has hinted that the judges who scored Alexander Volkanovski victorious against Max Holloway could be SACKED.

David Lethaby was the only one to score it for Holloway, with MMA Fighting revealing the scorecards

That judge gave the former featherweight champion rounds one, two and five.

The two other judges, Mark Collett and Clemens Werner, scored it for Volkanovski, both giving him the last three rounds.

In the post-fight presser, White was in no doubt who should have got the decision.

He said: “You can’t leave it to these guys. We’ve got some bad judging.

I’m sure [Holloway] is devastated. Did anybody here score it for Volkanovski? Anybody? Nobody in the media?

"I don’t know. We’ll have to figure it out.

“Looks like we’ve got to tighten up our refs and judges here on Fight Island."

Robbed??  Come on.  There have been plenty of atrocious judging decisions but that wasn't one of 'em.  Holloway got the first two for sure, the 3rd was really really close, and I thought Volk got 4 and 5.

It was close.  You could easily argue Holloway should have got the decision but to call this fight a robbery is silly and when the promoter is coming out with comments like that it, makes it sound like he's playing favorites and is willing to #### can judges who don't return the result the UFC wants to see.  Not a good look.

Finally watched the Volkanovski fight.   I actually had it 3-2 for Volk.    Saw a headline earlier in the day about terrible judging in that fight without actually saying who won.   Didn't see that at all.   Max clearly got the 1st 2, Volk got the 5th, but nothing in 3 or 4 screamed Max.   Two very close rounds that I thought Volk did slightly more.  Max had him for sure early, but Volk really turned it on in the later rounds and just out worked him.   Another really good fight between those 2.    

Dana White admits Holloway was robbed.  "You can’t leave it to these guys. We’ve got some bad judging. Looks like we've got to tighten up our refs and judges here on fight island"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/12100718/ufc-holloway-volkanovski-judges-sacked-dana-white/

UFC chief Dana White has hinted that the judges who scored Alexander Volkanovski victorious against Max Holloway could be SACKED.

David Lethaby was the only one to score it for Holloway, with MMA Fighting revealing the scorecards

That judge gave the former featherweight champion rounds one, two and five.

The two other judges, Mark Collett and Clemens Werner, scored it for Volkanovski, both giving him the last three rounds.

In the post-fight presser, White was in no doubt who should have got the decision.

He said: “You can’t leave it to these guys. We’ve got some bad judging.

I’m sure [Holloway] is devastated. Did anybody here score it for Volkanovski? Anybody? Nobody in the media?

"I don’t know. We’ll have to figure it out.

“Looks like we’ve got to tighten up our refs and judges here on Fight Island."
Wow, I can't believe he gave him 5.   If anything I thought 3 or 4.  

... when the promoter is coming out with comments like that it, makes it sound like he's playing favorites and is willing to #### can judges who don't return the result the UFC wants to see.  Not a good look.
I've felt a while that judges were "told" who to favor if a fight was even relatively close...usually going to the up-and-comer with potential vs the others.

Robbed??  Come on.  There have been plenty of atrocious judging decisions but that wasn't one of 'em.  Holloway got the first two for sure, the 3rd was really really close, and I thought Volk got 4 and 5.

It was close.  You could easily argue Holloway should have got the decision but to call this fight a robbery is silly and when the promoter is coming out with comments like that it, makes it sound like he's playing favorites and is willing to #### can judges who don't return the result the UFC wants to see.  Not a good look.
Agreed. And I'm a Holloway fan. But I also think you really need to beat the champ to take the belt. I think super close rounds should go to the champ. I had no problem with the decision, and agree that 3 was the close one, not 5.

This Khamzat Chimaev dude is no joke.  Two destruction's in two different weight classes, just 11 days apart on fight island.  The 11 days is a modern day UFC record for time between wins.  Very impressive.  He won performance of the night back to back.

Check out this stat:

Chimaev is only the second fighter in the UFC modern era to land at least 100 total strikes and absorb two or fewer in his first two fights; he has landed 192 and absorbed just two. Former heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez is the other man to do it, with 141 landed strikes and two absorbed after two UFC bouts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like Chimaev is about to be booked for the august 15th ppv.  That could potentially be the fastest 3 fight win streak in modern UFC history I would think.

Ariel Helwani @arielhelwani

UFC, finally, officially announces Israel Adesanya vs. Paulo Costa for the undisputed middleweight title will go down on Sept. 26 at UFC 253. Just the second time in UFC history two undefeated male fighters battle for a UFC title (UFC 98, Evans vs. Machida).

*NEVERMIND* UP AGAIN, BUT DARN I MISSED THE FINISH*

My stream cracked. Would appreciate a PM.

TIA!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread