What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Apple iPhone Thread (1 Viewer)

So I've got an iPhone 4 sitting around. I'm not eligible for an upgrade until next year, but I'm seriously considering trading in my iPhone 4 for the $200 credit and just buying one full price.

Thoughts?
Not sure if the $200 credit applies to the 4. I think the older phones may be less. If not... $200 for a 4 is a good deal. Just make sure your data/mobile plan is priced to capitalize on the fact that you're not getting a subsidy.

In any event, with VZW the program ends at the end of september. I'd check on that.

Looks like next wave of 6+ shipments may be coming soon. Had an October 13-20th estimated delivery but now in a preparing for shipment status. Many others in this range also seeing progress.

Why are people surprised it's bending? A thin piece of aluminum is bending? No way.

This phone is awesome. Take care of it and all is well.

The iPhone 7 is going to be revolutionary. It will flip like their MacBook Airs and have two screens. People will fall in love with this new phone called iFlip. Awesome!

Looks like next wave of 6+ shipments may be coming soon. Had an October 13-20th estimated delivery but now in a preparing for shipment status. Many others in this range also seeing progress.
You're lucky. I've had a 10/2-10/13 date and it hasn't changed. Did you go through apple or your carrier?

You're lucky. I've had a 10/2-10/13 date and it hasn't changed. Did you go through apple or your carrier?
I had a 10/2 - 10/13 date and mine shipped Monday and arrived yesterday. 128gb 6+, AT&T.

I had a 10/2 - 10/13 date and mine shipped Monday and arrived yesterday. 128gb 6+, AT&T.
Rub it in!!!! :hot:

first day of using the 6+, report on battery -

7hr 7 min standby

5hr 18 min usage

6% left, I have used phone to talk and music via Bluetooth, hammered safari and Facebook and YouTube and videos, I don't have an auto screen shutoff and use full brightness. Doing all this my 5 would be dead at 11 am, not 3 pm.

I'm shocked that Apple doesn't do any testing like this. Samsung has a robot with skinny jeans.

Samsung's Smartphone Stress Test HD: http://youtu.be/N7Glmqb1B58
They don't have to... independent tests have found iPhone 6 to be substantially more durable than the Galaxy S5 (or S4... or S3)

Squaretrade Durability Rating

(tests for insurance purposes - out of 10, lower is better):

iPhone 6 : 4

iPhone 6+ : 5

Galaxy 5 : 6
Just because a few morons in skinny jeans sat down with a 7" tall, 0.25" thick phone in their excessively tight pockets doesn't taint the overall durability of the device, IMO :shrug:
Wouldn't it be nice if you didn't even have to worry about it though?

I know plenty of hipsters with skinny jeans and Notes that never had to worry about their phones in their pockets. It's OK to admit Apple gets some things wrong at times. It will only make your support of the company look more rational, rather than someone just blindly following the iHERD.

Another dumb question as I try to become a convert here.

Since I'll be using this for at least a few more weeks, there's one more minor feature I'm sort of missing from the Note and wondering if iOS has the ability:

On Android, if I see a photo on the internet I'd like to share, I don't have to download it first and then go and share it with a group chat or a g chat or send to an email.

I'm using Chrome on the iPhone so maybe that's the issue but is there an ability to basically share the ACTUAL photo (not the link to it) without downloading it first?

Mostly this is for a group chat app with some buddies when we're being stupid and I want to post a funny picture but don't necessarily want it saved on my phone.

This option surely exists on iPhone, I'm just not seeing how. Halp!

TIA for dealing with my stupid questions this week.

JB, just press your thumb on the photo you want to share until your options come up. You can copy the photo, then paste it in group text or whatever.

JB, just press your thumb on the photo you want to share until your options come up. You can copy the photo, then paste it in group text or whatever.
Damn

My only options are

Save Image

Open Image

Open Image In New Tab

Search Google for this Image

ETA: It's a Chrome thing, not an iOs thing.

Good enough for me. I'll use Safari

Thanks MiTB

Last edited by a moderator:

I know plenty of hipsters with skinny jeans and Notes that never had to worry about their phones in their pockets. It's OK to admit Apple gets some things wrong at times. It will only make your support of the company look more rational, rather than someone just blindly following the iHERD.
:shrug: But, I don't worry about it because I don't wear skinny jeans.

And I don't think Apple got anything wrong here. They opted for a nicer metal case over a cheap plastic case. There are tradeoffs for that decision. Apparently one of the tradeoffs are that if you're one of the 0.0001% of people dumb enough to shoehorn a 7" long phone into skinny jean pockets, then sit down.. your phone might develop a slight bend.

This isn't the first dumb stupidity came with a price :shrug: Meanwhile those of us with enough brain cells to field a softball team benefit from a far nicer quality device.

DamnMy only options are

Save Image

Open Image

Open Image In New Tab

Search Google for this Image

ETA: It's a Chrome thing, not an iOs thing.

Good enough for me. I'll use Safari

Thanks MiTB
I'm not terribly familiar with chrome, but I notice sometimes in safari I will only get the options you listed. If I click on the photo and open it up in its own window, it then gives me the copy option.

Going without a case for now but I do see what people are talking about...seems like it could slip out of your hand pretty easily. I'm also worried about the camera getting scratched -- should I be?

Going without a case for now but I do see what people are talking about...seems like it could slip out of your hand pretty easily. I'm also worried about the camera getting scratched -- should I be?
Small sapphire glass recessed slightly behind a protruding metal ring... I wouldn't sweat it. Odds of you damaging that thing are Pretty low and would likely require a major pinpoint hit in the glass.

And I don't think Apple got anything wrong here. They opted for a nicer metal case over a cheap plastic case. There are tradeoffs for that decision. Apparently one of the tradeoffs are that if you're one of the 0.0001% of people dumb enough to shoehorn a 7" long phone into skinny jean pockets, then sit down.. your phone might develop a slight bend.

This isn't the first dumb stupidity came with a price :shrug: Meanwhile those of us with enough brain cells to field a softball team benefit from a far nicer quality device.
Why do you keep referring to skinny jeans when the incident occurred while the guy was wearing a suit?

Looks like they need six or seven Bangladeshi girls to make a pair of jeans for you, front butt.

Pretty sure Goonsquad = [icon] Apple can do no wrong in his eyes.

Was this known already...maybe I'm late to the party?
Pretty sure you are wrong on this. Goon had at least one kid (maybe more) and I think icon has none.

Either way - can we not muck up this thread please.

For those looking for a less expensive alternative to an otterbox or lifeproof(very similar), I've been using this case for the past 3 days on my 6 and I like it. Doesn't add hardly any bulk but gives airtight protection and is easy to handle. I would take my 5 out of the bulky Otterbox on weekends but I see no reason to take this off. Real satisfied with it considering the price. (Took a shot, wasn't expecting much, but it's good)

Eta: the home button, ear speaker and camera aren't covered/sealed, but the camera lense is recessed into the back plate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOOF4D8?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

Card Trader said:
Pretty sure Goonsquad = [icon] Apple can do no wrong in his eyes.

Was this known already...maybe I'm late to the party?
I just assumed everyone in this thread was an icon alias. There are really only like +/- 35 actual people in the FFA.

I like how I pull up to Dunkin Donuts and the DD app appears on my lock screen.

OMG AM I EXPERIENCING A WIDGET?!?!? It's everything I thought it'd be and more. :excited: :pickle:

I like how I pull up to Dunkin Donuts and the DD app appears on my lock screen.

OMG AM I EXPERIENCING A WIDGET?!?!? It's everything I thought it'd be and more. :excited: :pickle:
Whoa, I'd turn off my location settings if I were you, or your gonna wake up one morning with a bunch of DD midgets robbing you.

Since upgrading to iOS8, my iPhone is having issues playing in my car. It's weird. The song name will come up, but no music. Only way to fix the problem is to disconnect the phone, shut it down, turn it back on, and then plug it back in. Really pissing me off.

Since upgrading to iOS8, my iPhone is having issues playing in my car. It's weird. The song name will come up, but no music. Only way to fix the problem is to disconnect the phone, shut it down, turn it back on, and then plug it back in. Really pissing me off.
Which model do you have, again, GB?

• Folks DEFINITELY don't want to install iOS 8 on a 4s

• Having installed iOS8 on my 5, I wouldn't advise it unless there was some killer must-have feature you really wanted.

Would have liked to see this release a little more compatible with 2 year old hardware. Hopefully subsequent updates improve that performance.

• Having installed iOS8 on my 5, I wouldn't advise it unless there was some killer must-have feature you really wanted.

Would have liked to see this release a little more compatible with 2 year old hardware. Hopefully subsequent updates improve that performance.
I installed it on my 4s... no issues since the install.

I installed it on my 4s... no issues since the install.
It's fine on my 5 too. :shrug:

For those looking for a less expensive alternative to an otterbox or lifeproof(very similar), I've been using this case for the past 3 days on my 6 and I like it. Doesn't add hardly any bulk but gives airtight protection and is easy to handle. I would take my 5 out of the bulky Otterbox on weekends but I see no reason to take this off. Real satisfied with it considering the price. (Took a shot, wasn't expecting much, but it's good)

Eta: the home button, ear speaker and camera aren't covered/sealed, but the camera lense is recessed into the back plate.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MOOF4D8?ie=UTF8&at=&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links
nice! Any issues with the charging port or headphone port being blocked (or too obstructed for the cords to fit) with the case on? I ask because that is an issue with the Lifeproof case.

nice! Any issues with the charging port or headphone port being blocked (or too obstructed for the cords to fit) with the case on? I ask because that is an issue with the Lifeproof case.
NONE. Was a big concern for me too, and told mrs bats that here comes the big test on whether this is a keeper as I plugged into both charger and headphones. Plenty of room on both. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread