Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

48 Days on Master Cleanse

Chaka

Otis its not worth it, been there done that. I highly recommend to anyone looking to lose weight to not do this. If you want to do it to cleanse toxins go for it, but there are better options for diets.

Agree completely. I have tried to emphasize that this is not a diet.I have also pointed out that I have no evidence that any toxins were actually cleared from my system.Master Cleanse has received some play on FBG and I just want to convey my experiences on the program.
  • Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you squeeze your lemons or were you able to find "real" lemon juice thus eliminating buying lemons. When I tried the MC, I made every glass fresh thus it became a hassle. I thought your idea of making a couple of quarts a time was a good idea. Hearing day three is the hardest has inspired me to try it again. I quit on day three.

Fresh squeezed every morning. I made 2 quarts because that is how much I drank everyday. The program states that if you are hungry then drink more than 2 quarts.

Would a detox like this help with quitting cigarettes (getting the nicotine out of the system)?

Nothing will help you quit smoking except your desire to do so. You wont quit until you truly desire to do so with all your energy, no outside source will help you more than your own will.Doing this as long as I did helped refocus my discipline in general so from that perspective I would say "yes" it could help you, indirectly, quit smoking.
This doesn't answer my question. I don't smoke and was asking for a friend, although she didn't ask me to. She says she wants to quit, but I don't really know how much willpower and desire she has. What I am curious about is if it can be a quit smoking aid. So, my question is does it remove toxins like nicotine from your system?
I think it answers your question very clearly. In the interest of clarity I have no evedince that this program actually clears any toxins out of your system faster or slower than natural metabolism.I did not get any bloodwork beforehand to determine the level of toxins in my system.I can tell you that if she stops smoking, with or without this program the nicotine will eventually clear from your friends system.

Ok, question:

Is Grade B syrup your standard bottle syrup? I went to the supermarket today and noticed Grade A syrup on some of the more expensive bottles of syrup, but nothing on the rest.

Ok, question:Is Grade B syrup your standard bottle syrup? I went to the supermarket today and noticed Grade A syrup on some of the more expensive bottles of syrup, but nothing on the rest.

Grade B is not your standard bottle of syrup.

Ok, question:

Is Grade B syrup your standard bottle syrup? I went to the supermarket today and noticed Grade A syrup on some of the more expensive bottles of syrup, but nothing on the rest.

I found it at Trader Joes but I must admit I haven't seen it in any of the big supermarket chains.

I have also been looking into the nutritional content differences between Grades A & B and the body of literature is underwhelming. I am not entirely certain there is a dramatic difference except Grade A does appear to be more refined (processed) than Grade B.

Good luck Phoenix, don't go nuts with this and be sure to at least let your doctor know what you are doing. If you have any more questions you should check out the Master Cleanse forum (yes the concept makes me laugh too) but I am guessing any info you need is there.

Yeesh.

I did read that Grade A is ok. Is that true?

Make sure it's 100% pure with no sugar added or additional refining and it should be okay with A. Don't go with Aunt Jemima or Mr's Butterworth type syrups.

Also if you google grade B maple syrup you will find more competitve prices.

Would a detox like this help with quitting cigarettes (getting the nicotine out of the system)?

Nothing will help you quit smoking except your desire to do so. You wont quit until you truly desire to do so with all your energy, no outside source will help you more than your own will.

Doing this as long as I did helped refocus my discipline in general so from that perspective I would say "yes" it could help you, indirectly, quit smoking.

an icepick to the insula might help though. :goodposting:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/...70125142255.htm

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS SIMPLY AN EXPLANATION OF FACTS. IT IS IN NO WAY AN ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION THAT ANYONE ELSE ATTEMPT TO GO ON MASTER CLEANSE FOR AS LONG AS I DID. ALSO BE AWARE THAT MY DOCTOR WAS AWARE OF WHAT I WAS DOING AND I CONSULTED HIM REGULARLY.

This is long, sorry for that but I want to be thorough, so if you just want to know the numbers go to THE RESULTS paragraphs.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME: 37 years old, 6’1” single white male of German and Ashkenazi Russian descent. My health has always been excellent even though I have struggled with weight most of my life. I just pack it on easily. I have never had any disease, serious illness, high cholesterol or high/low blood pressure and I almost never get sick and that is not hyperbole. I can remember being sick only one time since I was 16 years old. Good genetics I guess.

THE PROGRAM (SCHEDULE): I started the Master Cleanse on November 26th, 2006 from December 23rd through January 1st I stopped cold and in the holiday spirit of mom's home cookin' gorged on everything that passed my plate. This wasn’t easy as my stomach had shrunk and I didn’t feel to great on the 23rd but I adjusted quickly. You just can’t be expected to drink lemonade during the holidays. I started the cleanse again on January 2nd, because I didn’t want to come off it so dramatically, and continued until January 23rd. During that time there were four occasions that I went out with friends to eat, rather then explain the program to them (you would be surprised how negatively people react to such things) I ordered a cup of soup (broth based) and a side salad and never finished either. All told I was on The Cleanse for 48 days, with the salt water and everything. I also stopped taking all my vitamins and minerals the only thing I did not give up were the two cups of green tea I drink every day.

THE LEMONADE: 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1 cup GRADE B maple syrup, . Fill with water to two quarts. That’s it. (Calories: 920, Carb 230, Pro 0.9, Fat 0.6, Calcium 23% DV, Potassium 27% DV, Zinc 90% DV) DV=Daily Value.

THE PROGRAM (MENTAL ASPECT): Originally I planned to do this for only 3 days but on the 4th day I was not hungry so I decided not to stop until I actually got hungry. It was weird but I simply never got hungry, maybe on four occasions I had an actual hunger pang but a glass of juice always took care of it. I think I missed the act of eating meals but hunger was simply not an issue. I was never lacking in energy, in fact started waking up earlier and was more productive throughout the day. THE ONE DRAWBACK and this started in earnest in early January is that I was cold, very, very cold most of the time. I would wear a long sleeve compression shirt, a thermal shirt, one or two long sleeve T’s and a hoody and was still a little cold. Wearing a skull cap helped a lot but I was still dreadfully cold. Still I did not get sick and it seemed that everyone I knew was trying to give me the flu. In late December my roommate’s young son visited and he had the flu, my roommate got it, recovered a little then relapsed, our secretary got it. I was surrounded by the flu for about 10 straight days but never got sick. Go figure. I attribute this to my genetics but it suggested to me that my immune system had not been compromised during the Cleanse.

THE PROGRAM (WORKOUT): At first I attempted to continue my workouts as per usual but I quickly realized that it would be a mistake to do so with no protein intake. I started a maintenance routine of push-ups and stomach crunches every morning right out of bed and every night before retiring (30 & 100 on Nov 26th, 55 & 220 today). Starting January 2nd I was at the gym every morning around 6:20am and I do 30 minutes of cardio work, 3 times/week on the treadmill (between 5.5-6 mph) 2-3 times/week on the elliptical (same pace), occasionally I substitute 30 laps in the pool (25 meter) for a day of elliptical training. I follow up every workout with 20 minutes in the sauna, not really for any additional calorie burning (though you do burn about 200 in 20 minutes) but because there is a lot of peer reviewed data that says 20 minutes in the sauna will double the level of circulating HGH, increase levels of cortisol which reduces stress and inflammation plus there is an increase in beta-endorphins which make you feel good, very good actually. It is also good for the skin. I also lived in Finland for two years and learned to not only love but I NEEDS me some sauna. I have had no problems with post workout recovery at all. As I increase my calories I will increase my workouts accordingly.

THE RESULTS (DOCTOR’S VISIT): On January 23rd, the first day off the Cleanse, I went to my doctors and got a physical with bloodwork. My kidney and liver function are perfectly normal and all my electrolytes are within normal ranges. PM me if you want specific numbers. My doc says I am the picture of health.

THE RESULTS (BODY MEASUREMENTS): On November 26th I weighed 225 lbs with 23% body fat (51.75 lbs of fat) on January 23rd I weighed 180 lbs with 16% body fat (28.8 lbs of fat). Keep in mind that even though I lost 23 lbs of fat I also lost 22 lbs of mostly muscle and some water. I gotta say in all honesty this is the first time in a loooong time that I feel like I look fantastic nekkid I have some before pics, but I haven’t taken the afters yet.

THE AFTERMATH: You should be aware that this is supposedly a detox program (though I have no evidence that I shed any toxins) and you will gain some of ,maybe all, the weight back and if you are not extremely careful it will come as fat. I know I will gain some weight, I want to actually, but I am taking extremely strict precautions with my diet for the next couple of months to limit the amount and type of weight gain. Over the past 8 days, since I stopped, I have been averaging about 947 calories/day, 111g protein/day, 13.7g fat/day & 105.3g fat/day (22g dietary fiber/day). I want to slowly ramp up my caloric intake to about 1500/day over the next 2 months.

I am taking 3 supplements; a multi vitamin, calcium and an Omega 3/6/9 supplement from Henry’s market lable ( Whole Foods also carries them I believe). I chose them because they are supposedly “food source” vitamins and therefore have a high degree of bio-absorption.

I also drink (eat really) one cup of plain kefir with 2 tbsp of psylium husk every morning to make sure that my daily fiber intake gets to 25g (with spinach salad a slice of homemade wheat bread and an apple or pear I have hit or come very close to the mark every day). The kefir provides probiotic bacteria, good stomach bacteria, to aid in digestion and I truly believe it helps a lot. I am avoiding almost all processed foods, added sugar, pastas and grains except for bread that I make myself (breadmakers and Kitchen Aid stand mixers are very cool machines). I also bought a juicer that I use almost every day for a nice calorie and vitamin boost before the gym (carrots work great, so do tomatoes and broccoli, eat the crowns with your salad and save the stalks for juicing). Alcohol is now a luxury item; I plan to eventually work in a glass of red wine with dinner but just having a beer for the sake of having a beer is right out. The Super Bowl, fortunately is a luxury item occassion. Bottom line is I have not been hungry in the least.

THE STOMACH: I effectively gave myself a natural stomach stapling. The stomach is a dynamic organ and it does shrink and expand and mine sure shrank, boy-howdy. My biggest concern is keeping my stomach the size it is, which means multiple meals a day (I eat something about every two hours) and no gorging. As long as my stomach stays this size I doubt I will suffer from hunger pangs or cravings. In 8 days I have not gained an ounce nor increased my body-fat at all, of course when you eat 950 calories a day that is to be expected. Remember my medical results were excellent so I have no concern that I may be undernourished.

THE AFTERMATH (PART II): I also bought a Homedics scale which measures body fat, muscle mass, water level and bone density. These scales provide rough estimates (+/- 2%) but they provide a baseline from which to measure my progress. I invested in a piece of software called Crosstrainer to help monitor my food intake and exercise patterns. I have found it very useful. And I purchased a heart rate monitor to help monitor my workout efficiency.

After these results I plan to do 7-10 day cycles 3-4 times a year.

That’s pretty much it. For those who are interested I will update body weight and body fat measurements about once a month.

Any questions?

Outstanding,

I did this for thirthy days last year and lost 55lbs.

Instead of using 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (powder), it's easier to use the caps (veggie) because after so many days the cayenne becomes difficult to bare.

Instead of using fresh lemon, I use Santa Cruz 100% Organic Lemon Juice, it's the same and you don't have to spend so much time cutting and squezzing lemons.

After I completed this 30 cleanse my blood pressure went back to normala and has been normal ever since and I had been on BP medication since I was 15yrs old.

Did you squeeze your lemons or were you able to find "real" lemon juice thus eliminating buying lemons. When I tried the MC, I made every glass fresh thus it became a hassle. I thought your idea of making a couple of quarts a time was a good idea. Hearing day three is the hardest has inspired me to try it again. I quit on day three.

Santa Cruz 100% Organic Lemon Juice, it's the same thing without the hassel of cutting lemons and it'll make the fast/diet much easier.

Phoenix if you are doing this to lose weight, don't.

I couldn't agree more.
That's not the primary goal. I do want to do this to get my energy back up and use this as a precurser to the real diet. After each week or so, I'll see how it goes and how I feel.

Outstanding, I did this for thirthy days last year and lost 55lbs.Instead of using 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (powder), it's easier to use the caps (veggie) because after so many days the cayenne becomes difficult to bare.Instead of using fresh lemon, I use Santa Cruz 100% Organic Lemon Juice, it's the same and you don't have to spend so much time cutting and squezzing lemons.After I completed this 30 cleanse my blood pressure went back to normala and has been normal ever since and I had been on BP medication since I was 15yrs old.

Wow those are impressive results. But doesn't that make you "LittleTex" now? Do you know the splits of fat/muscle you lost? How much weight have you gained back?Personally I love the cayenne pepper, it adds a nice zest to the lemonade but I am a spicy food lover in a big way.I also don't mind squeezing the lemons it reinforces the routine and the discipline required for the Cleanse, and I think the added benefit of learned discipline is a huge benefit of the Cleanse.

I couldn't agree more.
That's not the primary goal. I do want to do this to get my energy back up and use this as a precurser to the real diet. After each week or so, I'll see how it goes and how I feel.
Pay attention to what your body tells you and you should be fine. Good luck.But if you stick with it for more than 7-10 days please, PLEASE let your doctor know.

I couldn't agree more.
Pay attention to what your body tells you and you should be fine. Good luck.But if you stick with it for more than 7-10 days please, PLEASE let your doctor know.
Of course. Again, I'll take it week by week.

Outstanding, I did this for thirthy days last year and lost 55lbs.Instead of using 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (powder), it's easier to use the caps (veggie) because after so many days the cayenne becomes difficult to bare.Instead of using fresh lemon, I use Santa Cruz 100% Organic Lemon Juice, it's the same and you don't have to spend so much time cutting and squezzing lemons.After I completed this 30 cleanse my blood pressure went back to normala and has been normal ever since and I had been on BP medication since I was 15yrs old.

Wow those are impressive results. Do you know the splits of fat/muscle you lost? How much weight have you gained back?Personally I love the cayenne pepper, it adds a nice zest to the lemonade but I am a spicy food lover in a big way.I also don't mind squeezing the lemons it reinforces the routine and the discipline required for the Cleanse, and I think the added benefit of learned discipline is a huge benefit of the Cleanse.
I'm not really sure what the fat/muscle ratio was but I went from 255 to 200 in that 30 day time span. From a 44 inch waist to 32 inches. I had to completel change my wardrobe.I understand why you do the lemon squeezing, IMHO cutting the lemons is not somuch the discpline it's staying on the fast when you get hunger, again this is my opinion. With me, I have a restaurant to keep up, fantasy football :confused: and the wife. So, the easier and faster the preparation the better.But anyway, good job and keep up the good work.

Wow those are impressive results. Do you know the splits of fat/muscle you lost? How much weight have you gained back?Personally I love the cayenne pepper, it adds a nice zest to the lemonade but I am a spicy food lover in a big way.I also don't mind squeezing the lemons it reinforces the routine and the discipline required for the Cleanse, and I think the added benefit of learned discipline is a huge benefit of the Cleanse.
I'm not really sure what the fat/muscle ratio was but I went from 255 to 200 in that 30 day time span. From a 44 inch waist to 32 inches. I had to completel change my wardrobe.I understand why you do the lemon squeezing, IMHO cutting the lemons is not somuch the discpline it's staying on the fast when you get hunger, again this is my opinion. With me, I have a restaurant to keep up, fantasy football :bag: and the wife. So, the easier and faster the preparation the better.But anyway, good job and keep up the good work.
Have you kept the weight off?

Outstanding,

Instead of using 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (powder), it's easier to use the caps (veggie) because after so many days the cayenne becomes difficult to bare.

Instead of using fresh lemon, I use Santa Cruz 100% Organic Lemon Juice, it's the same and you don't have to spend so much time cutting and squezzing lemons.

After I completed this 30 cleanse my blood pressure went back to normala and has been normal ever since and I had been on BP medication since I was 15yrs old.

Wow those are impressive results. Do you know the splits of fat/muscle you lost? How much weight have you gained back?

Personally I love the cayenne pepper, it adds a nice zest to the lemonade but I am a spicy food lover in a big way.

I also don't mind squeezing the lemons it reinforces the routine and the discipline required for the Cleanse, and I think the added benefit of learned discipline is a huge benefit of the Cleanse.

I'm not really sure what the fat/muscle ratio was but I went from 255 to 200 in that 30 day time span. From a 44 inch waist to 32 inches. I had to completel change my wardrobe.

I understand why you do the lemon squeezing, IMHO cutting the lemons is not somuch the discpline it's staying on the fast when you get hunger, again this is my opinion. With me, I have a restaurant to keep up, fantasy football :own3d: and the wife. So, the easier and faster the preparation the better.

But anyway, good job and keep up the good work.

Have you kept the weight off?
I gained 15 of it back but 10% is fat, I'm a work out horse again. I've done several 3 day and 10 fasts since then. I'm currently 208 and I no longer eat that food which was destroying my mind/body/soul, I'm free.

My wife and I have an anniversary coming up in February and I'll be doing a 30 days again, and like the last time I did 30 days it's for spiritual reasons.

Here's a very good place I like to go from time to time: http://therawfoodsite.com/forum/

And this journal is also good: http://yestheyrefake.net/lemonade_diet_cleanse_journal.htm

Oh, and men don't like to be called "Little" anything. :banned:

DISCLAIMER: THIS IS SIMPLY AN EXPLANATION OF FACTS. IT IS IN NO WAY AN ENDORSEMENT OR RECOMMENDATION THAT ANYONE ELSE ATTEMPT TO GO ON MASTER CLEANSE FOR AS LONG AS I DID. ALSO BE AWARE THAT MY DOCTOR WAS AWARE OF WHAT I WAS DOING AND I CONSULTED HIM REGULARLY.

This is long, sorry for that but I want to be thorough, so if you just want to know the numbers go to THE RESULTS paragraphs.

A LITTLE ABOUT ME: 37 years old, 6’1” single white male of German and Ashkenazi Russian descent. My health has always been excellent even though I have struggled with weight most of my life. I just pack it on easily. I have never had any disease, serious illness, high cholesterol or high/low blood pressure and I almost never get sick and that is not hyperbole. I can remember being sick only one time since I was 16 years old. Good genetics I guess.

THE PROGRAM (SCHEDULE): I started the Master Cleanse on November 26th, 2006 from December 23rd through January 1st I stopped cold and in the holiday spirit of mom's home cookin' gorged on everything that passed my plate. This wasn’t easy as my stomach had shrunk and I didn’t feel to great on the 23rd but I adjusted quickly. You just can’t be expected to drink lemonade during the holidays. I started the cleanse again on January 2nd, because I didn’t want to come off it so dramatically, and continued until January 23rd. During that time there were four occasions that I went out with friends to eat, rather then explain the program to them (you would be surprised how negatively people react to such things) I ordered a cup of soup (broth based) and a side salad and never finished either. All told I was on The Cleanse for 48 days, with the salt water and everything. I also stopped taking all my vitamins and minerals the only thing I did not give up were the two cups of green tea I drink every day.

THE LEMONADE: 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1 cup GRADE B maple syrup, . Fill with water to two quarts. That’s it. (Calories: 920, Carb 230, Pro 0.9, Fat 0.6, Calcium 23% DV, Potassium 27% DV, Zinc 90% DV) DV=Daily Value.

THE PROGRAM (MENTAL ASPECT): Originally I planned to do this for only 3 days but on the 4th day I was not hungry so I decided not to stop until I actually got hungry. It was weird but I simply never got hungry, maybe on four occasions I had an actual hunger pang but a glass of juice always took care of it. I think I missed the act of eating meals but hunger was simply not an issue. I was never lacking in energy, in fact started waking up earlier and was more productive throughout the day. THE ONE DRAWBACK and this started in earnest in early January is that I was cold, very, very cold most of the time. I would wear a long sleeve compression shirt, a thermal shirt, one or two long sleeve T’s and a hoody and was still a little cold. Wearing a skull cap helped a lot but I was still dreadfully cold. Still I did not get sick and it seemed that everyone I knew was trying to give me the flu. In late December my roommate’s young son visited and he had the flu, my roommate got it, recovered a little then relapsed, our secretary got it. I was surrounded by the flu for about 10 straight days but never got sick. Go figure. I attribute this to my genetics but it suggested to me that my immune system had not been compromised during the Cleanse.

THE PROGRAM (WORKOUT): At first I attempted to continue my workouts as per usual but I quickly realized that it would be a mistake to do so with no protein intake. I started a maintenance routine of push-ups and stomach crunches every morning right out of bed and every night before retiring (30 & 100 on Nov 26th, 55 & 220 today). Starting January 2nd I was at the gym every morning around 6:20am and I do 30 minutes of cardio work, 3 times/week on the treadmill (between 5.5-6 mph) 2-3 times/week on the elliptical (same pace), occasionally I substitute 30 laps in the pool (25 meter) for a day of elliptical training. I follow up every workout with 20 minutes in the sauna, not really for any additional calorie burning (though you do burn about 200 in 20 minutes) but because there is a lot of peer reviewed data that says 20 minutes in the sauna will double the level of circulating HGH, increase levels of cortisol which reduces stress and inflammation plus there is an increase in beta-endorphins which make you feel good, very good actually. It is also good for the skin. I also lived in Finland for two years and learned to not only love but I NEEDS me some sauna. I have had no problems with post workout recovery at all. As I increase my calories I will increase my workouts accordingly.

THE RESULTS (DOCTOR’S VISIT): On January 23rd, the first day off the Cleanse, I went to my doctors and got a physical with bloodwork. My kidney and liver function are perfectly normal and all my electrolytes are within normal ranges. PM me if you want specific numbers. My doc says I am the picture of health.

THE RESULTS (BODY MEASUREMENTS): On November 26th I weighed 225 lbs with 23% body fat (51.75 lbs of fat) on January 23rd I weighed 180 lbs with 16% body fat (28.8 lbs of fat). Keep in mind that even though I lost 23 lbs of fat I also lost 22 lbs of mostly muscle and some water. I gotta say in all honesty this is the first time in a loooong time that I feel like I look fantastic nekkid I have some before pics, but I haven’t taken the afters yet.

THE AFTERMATH: You should be aware that this is supposedly a detox program (though I have no evidence that I shed any toxins) and you will gain some of ,maybe all, the weight back and if you are not extremely careful it will come as fat. I know I will gain some weight, I want to actually, but I am taking extremely strict precautions with my diet for the next couple of months to limit the amount and type of weight gain. Over the past 8 days, since I stopped, I have been averaging about 947 calories/day, 111g protein/day, 13.7g fat/day & 105.3g fat/day (22g dietary fiber/day). I want to slowly ramp up my caloric intake to about 1500/day over the next 2 months.

I am taking 3 supplements; a multi vitamin, calcium and an Omega 3/6/9 supplement from Henry’s market lable ( Whole Foods also carries them I believe). I chose them because they are supposedly “food source” vitamins and therefore have a high degree of bio-absorption.

I also drink (eat really) one cup of plain kefir with 2 tbsp of psylium husk every morning to make sure that my daily fiber intake gets to 25g (with spinach salad a slice of homemade wheat bread and an apple or pear I have hit or come very close to the mark every day). The kefir provides probiotic bacteria, good stomach bacteria, to aid in digestion and I truly believe it helps a lot. I am avoiding almost all processed foods, added sugar, pastas and grains except for bread that I make myself (breadmakers and Kitchen Aid stand mixers are very cool machines). I also bought a juicer that I use almost every day for a nice calorie and vitamin boost before the gym (carrots work great, so do tomatoes and broccoli, eat the crowns with your salad and save the stalks for juicing). Alcohol is now a luxury item; I plan to eventually work in a glass of red wine with dinner but just having a beer for the sake of having a beer is right out. The Super Bowl, fortunately is a luxury item occassion. Bottom line is I have not been hungry in the least.

THE STOMACH: I effectively gave myself a natural stomach stapling. The stomach is a dynamic organ and it does shrink and expand and mine sure shrank, boy-howdy. My biggest concern is keeping my stomach the size it is, which means multiple meals a day (I eat something about every two hours) and no gorging. As long as my stomach stays this size I doubt I will suffer from hunger pangs or cravings. In 8 days I have not gained an ounce nor increased my body-fat at all, of course when you eat 950 calories a day that is to be expected. Remember my medical results were excellent so I have no concern that I may be undernourished.

THE AFTERMATH (PART II): I also bought a Homedics scale which measures body fat, muscle mass, water level and bone density. These scales provide rough estimates (+/- 2%) but they provide a baseline from which to measure my progress. I invested in a piece of software called Crosstrainer to help monitor my food intake and exercise patterns. I have found it very useful. And I purchased a heart rate monitor to help monitor my workout efficiency.

That’s pretty much it. For those who are interested I will update body weight and body fat measurements about once a month.

Any questions?

Outstanding,

I am currently on BP medicine. (age 32) runs in the family. I am starting the program Monday, my goal is 30 days, if I can beat 48 days I will just to be macho :bye:

I have recently seen my Dr, and made a a Dr's appointment around day 30 and will take it from there.

Any questions?

Outstanding,

I am currently on BP medicine. (age 32) runs in the family. I am starting the program Monday, my goal is 30 days, if I can beat 48 days I will just to be macho ;)

I have recently seen my Dr, and made a a Dr's appointment around day 30 and will take it from there.

BP runs in my family, but it doesn't have to be. For instance, why do ask you if you drink, smoke, eat pork? Because there's a link with BP there. To be quite honest with you, it's about the diet and any honest doctor will tell you so.

I've been to my doctor on a number of times for checkups, I have two BP monitors, one at home and one at the restaurant and I check my pressure 3x a day. The highest it's been since taking the Master Cleanser is 147/67 prior to this it would be 186/95 (this is no joke)

I prepare one 64oz container and add 60oz of distill water, 10tbsp of GradeB, 100% Organic Lemon or Lime Juice ( I usually switch between the two when I get tired of the other.) and take two caps of the cayenne pepper.

My original goal was thirty days but I thought about going another 10 (total of 40) but MrsTex wasn't having it. Relations was omitted during this time period so I had to give up the goods. :lmao:

P.S

seahawk 17,

Is this your first time doing this? If so, probably best to shoot for 10 days. If you can get past the first three days you'll be home free.

And do the salt water flush first, it reacts in about an hour and it's not tough on the stomach. Once you have the first movement it'll be finish in about a hour to a hour and a half.

P.S

seahawk 17,

Is this your first time doing this? If so, probably best to shoot for 10 days. If you can get past the first three days you'll be home free.

And do the salt water flush first, it reacts in about an hour and it's not tough on the stomach. Once you have the first movement it'll be finish in about a hour to a hour and a half.

This was my only worry, high BP=no salt.

P.S

seahawk 17,

If you do the salt water flush the high salt content wont be your only problem, whatever you do don not stray far from a PRIVATE bathroom. Trust me on this. It also is hell to drink, it should probably be a test on Fear Factor.

Call your doctor and ask but I think the principle of the salt water is that it has the same osmotic gradient as your blood and doesn't get absorbed into your system. Again ask your Doc before you take my word for it. And make sure you use sea salt and not table salt.

I also think BigTex's idea of shooting for 3-10 days is a good idea, if that is your mindset everything extra day is gravy.

Good luck Seahawk

P.S

seahawk 17,

seahawk,

It's "Sea Salt" it doesn't stay in your system it flushes out with your movement. Read my first post, I too had HBP. Get the sea salt without the Iodide and I promise you it's not nearly as bad as the regular sea salt which is pure Hell.

Morton Sea Salt from Spain it's in a bright yellow container again it's Iodide free. The Iodide is what makes it so damn salty. :rolleyes:

While I did the Flush I checked my BP three times a day, after the third day I watched my BP drop to normal. You know your body better than me or any doctor, just listen to what it says.

Here is the online version of the book by Stanley Burroughs read it and you won't regret it:

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/72...er_cleanse.html

I also do this when I or my wife catch a cold or flu and it's head and shoulders above any medication or over the counter drug.

• 1 month later...

It has been 2 months since I cycled off the Master Cleanse. I am going to update this thread every few months to detail my progress. I will go to my doctor for more bloodwork after 6 months have passed. Apologies if it bores you but this journal helps me to maintain my focus.

Nov 26

225lbs

23% body fat

30 push-ups, 100 crunches

Jan 23

180lbs

17% body fat

55 push-ups 220 crunches

March 23

179lbs

14.3% body fat

70 push ups, 300 crunches

It has not been an easy road. For about 10 days starting on Super Bowl Sunday I started eating...a lot. I also stopped working out, except for my 2x daily sit-ups and push-ups (I cannot strees enough how valuable this routine is). I do not refer to heavy eating days as "bad days" because they should not be viewed as such, eating is a pleasure and should enjoyed as much as possible. Eating like #### everyday is simply unhealthy. Following the post-Super Bowl binge I did another 3 days on the cleanse just to make sure those habits did not become permanent.

I think my body has been fighting to return to what it considers to be my set-point. A set-point is the weight range that your body naturally gravitates towards. Set point is the reason most people gain back the weight after a successufl diet. Since around 1995 my has body pushed to be around 208lbs. It is possible to reset your body's set point but it takes time. Prior to 1993 my body was more comfortable around 250lbs (but that is a story for another time). I imagine I will have to strictly control my diet for about a year before the change in set-point really takes hold.

However it is important to note that I do not suffer from hunger at all but sometimes I just want to eat more, even when I am full. Of course you should know that I am the type of person who considers a whole sleeve of oreos to be a single serving.

My typical intake is now around 1,500 calories per day and roughly a 43-43-14 split of carbs-pro-fat. Mind you I now have had many days in which I have eaten far more than 2000 calories but for the most part I keep my caloric intake low, again this will change as my body grows comfortable at this weight. And if I go on a serious binge (say on vacation) I know I can throw down another 3 days on the cleanse to get me back to center.

I am at the gym regularly again and I am trying to reinvent myself as some kind of runner (typical mid-life deal). Without any formal training I entered the LA Marathon (3 weeks ago) and completed 18 miles before deciding I would rather give Rosie O'Donnell a rim-job than take one more step. I am now following Jeff Galloway's routine in:

[rob schneider] "Marathon: You can do it!" [/rob schneider]

It's a 6 day a week program, 4 runs and 2 cross training days. The running is becoming much easier and I have had no problems with post workout recovery.

So far this has been a wonderful, wonderful experience. I cannot fathom why I let myself slip into such a bad state...again.

Never again. Never, ever, ever again. Life is so much more enjoyable when you are fit.

Here are the pics feel free to blast away. Since November I got a haircut and moved into a new flat other than those differences I tried to keep the exact same posture for both sets, no flexing, sucking in or pushing out for dramatic effect. (For those with a keen eye; Yes I did photoshop the before pics for decency, I took them nekkid).

Before_1

After_1

Before_2

After_2

Before_3

After_3

Cheers,

Chaka

with a name like chaka, i expected you to be furrier....

With all his expertise talk in the protein threads, I expected him to look like he worked out.
Funny guy. So you expect me to go from 225 and 23% body fat to looking like Arnold in 4 months?That tells me everything I need to know about about your knowledge of fitness.

With all his expertise talk in the protein threads, I expected him to look like he worked out.
Funny guy.
I'm not trying to be funny but you are very condescending in those threads.

Wow this thread is like deja vu all over again.Eating meat down?

Funny guy.
I'm not trying to be funny but you are very condescending in those threads.

Wow this thread is like deja vu all over again.

Eating meat down?

Apologies for sounding condescending. Sincerely.

As far as my opinion of protein powders and supplements you should know that I have no desire to be a muscle bound guy. For a frame of reference my goal is to have a physique closer to a 190lb wideout then a thick body building type.

And in all fairness I did state in my post

I tried to keep the exact same posture for both sets, no flexing, sucking in or pushing out for dramatic effect.

I assure you that I have plenty of definiton and am thrilled with the way I look. I would like a little more definition in the chest and I will get it but I won't supplement to get there.

Holy crap man. That's a major life change. Ballsy, to say the least.How have your friends and family reacted to this?

Very well. More importantly is the number of looks I am getting from women in general. :thumbup:

Congrats, Chaka!! Those pictures tell an amazing story!

How tall are you? Just to get perspective on your weight and BF% in relation.

Are the "after" pics new, so they reflect your March stats?

Again, great job. Glad you posted the update.

Congrats, Chaka!! Those pictures tell an amazing story! How tall are you? Just to get perspective on your weight and BF% in relation. Are the "after" pics new, so they reflect your March stats? Again, great job. Glad you posted the update.

6'1"Pics taken this morning.My goal is to get my BF down between 10-12% and my weight closer to 190 by this time next year.

:mellow: Very awesome! Keep up the good work -- doesn't it feel good?

I'm inspired to get back on track as soon as my ankle heels and I can walk and move again.

Wow I appreciate all the nice things people are saying. It helps to have positive reinforcement from friends (especially my FBG iFriends of course).

Also please, please remember that it was not my intention to do this for so long, weight loss was never the goal and once I realized I had gotten into something much bigger I immediately consulted my doctor.

Still it is such a good feeling to be truly fit again. I cannot believe how far I had let myself slip.

Wow I appreciate all the nice things people are saying. It helps to have positive reinforcement from friends (especially my FBG iFriends of course).Also please, please remember that it was not my intention to do this for so long, weight loss was never the goal and once I realized I had gotten into something much bigger I immediately consulted my doctor.Still it is such a good feeling to be truly fit again. I cannot believe how far I had let myself slip.

On the suggestion of a friend (a surgery resident), I stopped all dairy, eggs, wheat and sugar, and ate only organic EVERYTHING (no hormones meat, etc.) and was able to maintain that for about 3 weeks and never felt better. It was amazing -- my skin cleared up, I had amazing workouts, and generally felt better. Well, after a weekend with the girls, and hurting my ankle, I've slipped, but it's nice to see someone else experience the buzz of good health. Nothing feels better than taking care of yourself.Thank you for sharing with us.

Archived