Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

48 Days on Master Cleanse

Chaka

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow I appreciate all the nice things people are saying. It helps to have positive reinforcement from friends (especially my FBG iFriends of course).Also please, please remember that it was not my intention to do this for so long, weight loss was never the goal and once I realized I had gotten into something much bigger I immediately consulted my doctor.Still it is such a good feeling to be truly fit again. I cannot believe how far I had let myself slip.

On the suggestion of a friend (a surgery resident), I stopped all dairy, eggs, wheat and sugar, and ate only organic EVERYTHING (no hormones meat, etc.) and was able to maintain that for about 3 weeks and never felt better. It was amazing -- my skin cleared up, I had amazing workouts, and generally felt better. Well, after a weekend with the girls, and hurting my ankle, I've slipped, but it's nice to see someone else experience the buzz of good health. Nothing feels better than taking care of yourself.Thank you for sharing with us.
It is funny to me that despite all the good feelings gained by living healthy we still have so much difficulty doing it over the long haul, and belive me I have just as much trouble as the next guy. I mean shouldn't eating junk and being lazy be the difficult part?I am still trying to figure out why that is.

I would be very interested in your plan to gain good weight/muscle. I would like to but I'm not sure how.

I am happy to talk about it but I haven't really given to much thought to my building program just yet. I gain weight very easily and I feel that I need to maintain this weight for a solid year to reset my body's set-point before I go down that road.I will offer this bit of advice though: there is nothing more important in your workout than consistency. Whatever you choose to do make sure to keep doing it.

I will offer this bit of advice though: there is nothing more important in your workout than consistency. Whatever you choose to do make sure to keep doing it.

Really? Interesting, I did not know that.
Do I need a :shrug: for stating the obvious?

I will offer this bit of advice though: there is nothing more important in your workout than consistency. Whatever you choose to do make sure to keep doing it.

Do I need a :scared: for stating the obvious?
I was serious, actually. I mean, I know you got to stick to a program. I run when I feel like it. I surf whenever I can but that's up to mother nature. Same with skiing. Hike occasionally. Softball and stuff, you get the gist.Thing is, none of it is on a consistent basis and you made me think more about that. I'm noticing changes as I get older (core) and it's been on my mind. Maybe I'll start a consistent program for my core, is what I'm thinking.Anyway, good for you dude. :lmao:

I would be very interested in your plan to gain good weight/muscle. I would like to but I'm not sure how.

I am happy to talk about it but I haven't really given to much thought to my building program just yet. I gain weight very easily and I feel that I need to maintain this weight for a solid year to reset my body's set-point before I go down that road.I will offer this bit of advice though: there is nothing more important in your workout than consistency. Whatever you choose to do make sure to keep doing it.
Cool. Congrats again - really impressive.

Do I need a :bag: for stating the obvious?
I was serious, actually. I mean, I know you got to stick to a program. I run when I feel like it. I surf whenever I can but that's up to mother nature. Same with skiing. Hike occasionally. Softball and stuff, you get the gist.

Thing is, none of it is on a consistent basis and you made me think more about that. I'm noticing changes as I get older (core) and it's been on my mind. Maybe I'll start a consistent program for my core, is what I'm thinking.

Anyway, good for you dude. :banned:

Thanks SLBD

Sounds like you are consistently active overall though. The activities you mentioned, except for running, are somewhat seasonal especially if you don't live in a temperate climate.

Core strength is definitely the best place to start though. Read Bruce Lee's The Tao of Jeet Kune Do he stresses the importance of core strength frequently. I will also note that dude didn't lift weights either, and I sincerely doubt that a supplement ever crossed his lips.

I must sound like a broke record but my daily crunches and push-ups are the beating heart of my personal transformation.

I thought this was a 10 day cleaning program.I am not sure how heathy this is long term Can`t argue with your results though. You look much better.

It is marketed as a detox and my initial plan was to detox for 3 days and then ratchet up my workout. I cannot say how effective it is at detoxifying your body, I see no special properties to this lemonade. I am pretty sure any fresh juice would have had the same result for me.I am not sure how healthy it is long term either. What I do know is, as indicated in the OP, that my doctor ran a series of blood tests when all was said and done and I was the picture of health. I even stopped taking vitamins during the process. But I think I am probably the exception and not the rule in this instance. I come from hearty stock both sides of my family are ridiculously healthy. Heck I have three aunts who are big time fatties (all under 5'5" and over 250lbs) and they each lived well past 80 (one is 90+) with excellent quality of life, no illness or disease at all. Sometimes you get lucky with your genetics.I have said at least a dozen times that I do not recommend anyone try what I did. It was my personal 40 days in the desert, it developed its own life and was never about weight loss, that was just a nice benny.

Last time I did this I went for 7 days. Hunger was not a problem, it was the salt water flush and the ### on fire feeling :sleep: . How long does that last for? I read it's the toxins.

I currently have a sinus infection, read that this will help so I am doing it again.

with a name like chaka, i expected you to be furrier....
I can't get the before 1 and 3 to come up on my computer but looking at before shot#2, and after shot#2...holy crap. Good for you Chaka. Not sure this would be for everyone. I actually think you could add about 10 lbs to your appearance, 10 lbs of muscle of course. You are mighty thin. How tall are you?

Do I need a :D for stating the obvious?
I was serious, actually. I mean, I know you got to stick to a program. I run when I feel like it. I surf whenever I can but that's up to mother nature. Same with skiing. Hike occasionally. Softball and stuff, you get the gist.

Thing is, none of it is on a consistent basis and you made me think more about that. I'm noticing changes as I get older (core) and it's been on my mind. Maybe I'll start a consistent program for my core, is what I'm thinking.

Anyway, good for you dude. :thumbup:

Thanks SLBD

Sounds like you are consistently active overall though. The activities you mentioned, except for running, are somewhat seasonal especially if you don't live in a temperate climate.

Core strength is definitely the best place to start though. Read Bruce Lee's The Tao of Jeet Kune Do he stresses the importance of core strength frequently. I will also note that dude didn't lift weights either, and I sincerely doubt that a supplement ever crossed his lips.

I must sound like a broke record but my daily crunches and push-ups are the beating heart of my personal transformation.

Funny you mention Bruce Lee. I went to elementary school with his kids. Anyway, had no idea he had book about that stuff, I'll check it out.

How exactly do you do your crunches and push-ups?

Thanks SLBD

Funny you mention Bruce Lee. I went to elementary school with his kids. Anyway, had no idea he had book about that stuff, I'll check it out.
Tao of JKD is a great reference book. A little over the top for me with his zen philosophical mantras but still it is a very dynamic book and offers a lot of great and very effective excercises that don't require weights or a gym.

How exactly do you do your crunches and push-ups?

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...as quickly as possible? Seriously I am not sure what you mean. I do one set of standard push-ups (no breaks) where if I were to go completely to the floor and relax (keeping my arms in push-up position) the tips of my thumbs would just barely miss touching my pecs (hope that makes sense).

Crunches are done knees up touching the lower portion of my triceps to my knee-caps each time up and not really letting anything beyond the mid portion of my shoulder blades touch the floor on the down stroke. I try to keep tension in my abs throughout the exercise. I think, for me, it is more about keeping that tension for as long as possible then the acutal number of crunches I do.

All told it takes maybe 5 minutes to complete 70 push-ups and the 300 crunches.

Very impressive Chaka. Lookin good mista cah-tuh!!!! :angry:

Chaka says thanks for the compliment Elway. I apologize that Chaka cannot respond to your post himself but he is unable to come to the computer due to a prior engagement.Signed,Chaka's Mother
with a name like chaka, i expected you to be furrier....
I can't get the before 1 and 3 to come up on my computer but looking at before shot#2, and after shot#2...holy crap. Good for you Chaka. Not sure this would be for everyone. I actually think you could add about 10 lbs to your appearance, 10 lbs of muscle of course. You are mighty thin. How tall are you?
I totally agree that this isn't for everyone and I have said repeatedly that people shouldn't do this for weight loss. It is not why I did it, just a nice perk. (I really am feeling like a broken record typing that).

I also agree about the additional 10lbs but those will come, oh yes they will come. The trick is keeping the body fat down and making sure the additional weight is muscle.

6'1" 180lbs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Chaka...I skimmed most of this...so forgive if I'm missed the mark:

You transformed yourself by:

Master Cleanse for 40 days?

and

Doing 70 pushups/300 situps a day

and

keeping your caloric intake to around 1500 a day?

Is that all?

Chaka...I skimmed most of this...so forgive if I'm missed the mark:You transformed yourself by:Master Cleanse for 40 days?andDoing 70 pushups/300 situps a dayandkeeping your caloric intake to around 1500 a day?Is that all?

Wasn't that enough?And the push-ups and sit-ups are twice a day, after I wake up and before bed.

For me I would much rather have a little extra than be as thin as you are. But if your happy with it than Congradulations.

Thrilled. And my walking around weight is now 190 (180 in the photos) except when I am in marathon training mode then I drop back to 180, which is much easier to do now.Working towards the Vegas marathon on Dec 2nd now.
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, I can't fathom the discipline and commitment to do this 48 days! Great job! I am on day one of the MC myself. I am 6', 205 lbs, and have never tried this before. My friend lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks, and swore he never felt better. So i'm doing this for 2 weeks to both cleanse and yes, to hopefully lose some weight.

I was extremely fit in college (I'm 37 later this year) and would love to get back to 180-185 lbs. My friend that lost 15 lbs didnt' work out a single time during his 2 weeks. I'm going to use my elliptical everyday for 30-45 minutes, and do weight training with dumbbells as well. Hopefully that will help with the weight loss since my caloric intake will be so much lower. I would expect my body will have plenty of fat reserves to use.

To those that inquired about the taste of the salt water flush and lemonade, both aren't very good, but its not like i almost gagged either. I heated up the water and added the sea salt the day before, and then put it in the fridge. For me, I'd just rather drink it cold than warm/hot.

If anyone cares, I'll post my results here too.

Wow, I can't fathom the discipline and commitment to do this 48 days! Great job! I am on day one of the MC myself. I am 6', 205 lbs, and have never tried this before. My friend lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks, and swore he never felt better. So i'm doing this for 2 weeks to both cleanse and yes, to hopefully lose some weight.

I was extremely fit in college (I'm 37 later this year) and would love to get back to 180-185 lbs. My friend that lost 15 lbs didnt' work out a single time during his 2 weeks. I'm going to use my elliptical everyday for 30-45 minutes, and do weight training with dumbbells as well. Hopefully that will help with the weight loss since my caloric intake will be so much lower. I would expect my body will have plenty of fat reserves to use.

To those that inquired about the taste of the salt water flush and lemonade, both aren't very good, but its not like i almost gagged either. I heated up the water and added the sea salt the day before, and then put it in the fridge. For me, I'd just rather drink it cold than warm/hot.

If anyone cares, I'll post my results here too.

I drank it cold.

How long you going on it for? I still don't advocate this for weight loss, which is typically what everyone does it for. After a few days your taste buds go numb.

Wow, I can't fathom the discipline and commitment to do this 48 days! Great job! I am on day one of the MC myself. I am 6', 205 lbs, and have never tried this before. My friend lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks, and swore he never felt better. So i'm doing this for 2 weeks to both cleanse and yes, to hopefully lose some weight. I was extremely fit in college (I'm 37 later this year) and would love to get back to 180-185 lbs. My friend that lost 15 lbs didnt' work out a single time during his 2 weeks. I'm going to use my elliptical everyday for 30-45 minutes, and do weight training with dumbbells as well. Hopefully that will help with the weight loss since my caloric intake will be so much lower. I would expect my body will have plenty of fat reserves to use. To those that inquired about the taste of the salt water flush and lemonade, both aren't very good, but its not like i almost gagged either. I heated up the water and added the sea salt the day before, and then put it in the fridge. For me, I'd just rather drink it cold than warm/hot.If anyone cares, I'll post my results here too.

Be sure to do the workout at a comfortable pace. Don't push it. Your body is already in a calorie deficit and working out will make you hungry. Plus without protein you will have a tougher time during recovery.I also do not recommend this if your goal is just to lose weight. The real discipline is required when you try to keep that weight off.Good luck.

1. Chaka, nice fat loss there. That took discipline regardless of anything else. I admire that.

2. This brings up an interesting question though. What is better for aesthetic appeal /overall health between doing what you did (i.e. toning, cutting out all fat) and bulking w/ muscle (see: like a Nomar Garciaparra type body)? I've struggled with this decision a little bit but am going w/ the bulking route simply because it is more fun. Can't decide which is more attractive though.

Right now I plan on doing 14 days, with the last 3 or 4 slowing incorporating solids back into my diet (OJ first day, soups, fruits & veggies, etc.) I definitely hope to lose weight, but understand this isn't a permanent weight loss type of thing. But I think during this period, it will help renew my sense of discipline, drive, and focus to get healthy, something I had when I was in my 20's.

1. Chaka, nice fat loss there. That took discipline regardless of anything else. I admire that. 2. This brings up an interesting question though. What is better for aesthetic appeal /overall health between doing what you did (i.e. toning, cutting out all fat) and bulking w/ muscle (see: like a Nomar Garciaparra type body)? I've struggled with this decision a little bit but am going w/ the bulking route simply because it is more fun. Can't decide which is more attractive though.

1. Thanks.2. Depends on the broad you are trying to land. The only real problems with the bulk is that if you don't maintain it rigorously forever the bulk will turn to mush. I also don't see bulking up being all that functional? And the downfalls outweigh the benefits. Like Seinfeld says "What are people working out for? So they can workout more?" I train for marathons, 1/2 marathons, 10 Ks etc. I will probably work a triathalon in there too.

Right now I plan on doing 14 days, with the last 3 or 4 slowing incorporating solids back into my diet (OJ first day, soups, fruits & veggies, etc.) I definitely hope to lose weight, but understand this isn't a permanent weight loss type of thing. But I think during this period, it will help renew my sense of discipline, drive, and focus to get healthy, something I had when I was in my 20's.

I hope it helps you find your center.Good luck.

I've done the MC 3 times...10 or 11 days each and I look forward to doing it once a year. And I commend people who attempt this and those who can stick with it for the recommended minimum of 10 day.

However, it is not intended for weight loss. It is a detox/cleanse...not a weight loss system. Once you start back on solids, the weight will come back, and for some people even more weight than before. Used in conjuction with proper post-fast eating and excersice, the MC can be a springboard for a healthier lifestyle and weightloss, but taken alone, the MC is not for weight loss.

Try curezone.com for information.

I'm on day 4, and so far so good. I haven't had any headaches (but I'm not addicting to caffeine, rarely ever have it, which is probably why) I have dropped 7 lbs so far, and at this point, think I should make the minimum 10 days no problem. Although I am getting tired of seeing Wendy's commercials on NFL Network. That isn't helping my cravings! :rolleyes:

I've done the MC 3 times...10 or 11 days each and I look forward to doing it once a year. And I commend people who attempt this and those who can stick with it for the recommended minimum of 10 day. However, it is not intended for weight loss. It is a detox/cleanse...not a weight loss system. Once you start back on solids, the weight will come back, and for some people even more weight than before. Used in conjuction with proper post-fast eating and excersice, the MC can be a springboard for a healthier lifestyle and weightloss, but taken alone, the MC is not for weight loss. Try curezone.com for information.

:thumbup:

At what point does one stop going to the bathroom?? For people who have to work I would imagine you need a few days off in the beginning at least. I would like to try but obviously would run into problems if I was going to the bathroom every couple minutes while trying to work.

At what point does one stop going to the bathroom?? For people who have to work I would imagine you need a few days off in the beginning at least. I would like to try but obviously would run into problems if I was going to the bathroom every couple minutes while trying to work.

:excited:Why would you be going to the bathroom every few minutes?

:thumbup:Why would you be going to the bathroom every few minutes?
I tried the MC and for the first couple of days...I was on the toilet alot. Maybe every few minutes is a stretch but 15 times in one day is not. I didn't make it plast the third day and would like to try it again but am hoping the bowels slow down eventually. Thats what i'm trying to figure out.

A friend of mine did the MC and didn't exercise a single day. He lost 15 lbs in 14 days. I am on day 6 today, and have lost 9 lbs so far, but I've been working out (weight training and either elliptical, running, or riding my bike) I am doing fine except when I am watching TV. Damn you don't realize how many commercials are about food until you go 6 days without eating anything.

After a long weekend of debauchery at a wedding, I've decided to give this program a shot to aid in my detox. Day One - so far, so good. I actually really, really like the taste of the lemonade - the cayenne pepper really helps to give it a good taste.

Thanks for the recommendation of organic lemon juice. Having only made one full daily batch and already hating the squeezing, I am glad for the other option.

My concern is the caffeine withdrawal that I am bound to experience tomorrow (I cheated this morning and had coffee because I wasn't sure if I was going to start this today). Those of you who have done this, what would your input be on whether I can take some sort of Ibuprofen when the inevitable headache sets in?

Archived