What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A note to my coworker ... (1 Viewer)

gmbacm said:
Fat Nick said:
I swear to god if this guy does one more "fake golf swing" while standing at my neighbor's cube, I'm gonna throw a real golf ball at him. He looks like such a tool. Yes. That's the ONLY reason this bothers me. It's getting late, and I've had a ###### day because we're deep in year-end close.

He's standing there listening to this guy explain something, and every few minutes, he'll literally look down and get into a golf swing stance, wiggle, and then execute a full air-swing. WTF man. "Look at me! I play golf!" Good for you.

Makes me wonder what other sports you could do this for and have it be socially acceptable. Tennis serve? A baseball swing? Field Goal? Hockey Slap Shot?

"Don't mind me...just practicing my jai alai."
Sounds like a perfect opportunity for a

GET IN THE HOLE!
Bababoooooey!
MASHED POTATOES!

Dear fellow teacher, when an administrator position opens up, don't apply for the job if you only want more money. Ask for a raise!

The back story is we had a job open up and they said they felt we had a lot of in house people qualified for the job so they would fill this position internally and then hire a new teacher to take over for the one that was promoted. So when they announced who got the position she said "I don't want the new job, I just want more money, so I would like to keep my job I have now and just take the raise" They told her that isn't possible and she declined the new position, and now because they didn't bother to pick a second choice we all have to reapply. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Fat Nick said:
I swear to god if this guy does one more "fake golf swing" while standing at my neighbor's cube, I'm gonna throw a real golf ball at him. He looks like such a tool. Yes. That's the ONLY reason this bothers me. It's getting late, and I've had a ###### day because we're deep in year-end close.

He's standing there listening to this guy explain something, and every few minutes, he'll literally look down and get into a golf swing stance, wiggle, and then execute a full air-swing. WTF man. "Look at me! I play golf!" Good for you.

Makes me wonder what other sports you could do this for and have it be socially acceptable. Tennis serve? A baseball swing? Field Goal? Hockey Slap Shot?

#####.

Worked in the golf industry for over a decade and I don't think I ever saw this happen in the office.

Hey newsflash to my contemporary in the satellite office.

Just because something is your priority, does not make it mine. I am truly sorry you can't do "your job" without my help. Learn basic computer skills and maybe I will have some sympathy, but telling me YOUR BOSS wants it done before the end of the week, does not mean I am going to work overtime and stay late after work helping you to get it done.

sublimeone said:
Same goes for the ecigs. I gave you the ok to use them in the office...
Seriously?
yeah... why? is this uncommon?
Yep, you give a sub group of people a little power(cig haters) and the will ride the self righteousness to the end of time. FYI I don't do ecigs.
Seriously the reverse here. The power here are the smokers. We have a company wide ban on smoking at all our facilities, anywhere on the property.

But people still smoke outside every building - even the HR building.

Hey newsflash to my contemporary in the satellite office.

Just because something is your priority, does not make it mine. I am truly sorry you can't do "your job" without my help. Learn basic computer skills and maybe I will have some sympathy, but telling me YOUR BOSS wants it done before the end of the week, does not mean I am going to work overtime and stay late after work helping you to get it done for it.
I tell these folks "If you can convince my boss that this is my highest priority, I will begin working on it immediately"

sublimeone said:
Same goes for the ecigs. I gave you the ok to use them in the office...
Seriously?
yeah... why? is this uncommon?
Yep, you give a sub group of people a little power(cig haters) and the will ride the self righteousness to the end of time. FYI I don't do ecigs.
Seriously the reverse here. The power here are the smokers. We have a company wide ban on smoking at all our facilities, anywhere on the property.

But people still smoke outside every building - even the HR building.
They shouldn't smoke there then, I don't know what else to say. The only smoker in my company goes on the dock and there is no one else around. Even when I smoked I never did at work.

Hey guys that just moved over from the other office. #### out in the shop restroom like the rest of us. It may be time for a change since you've been here 2 days and already broken the toilet seat. The toilets in the shop are industrial strength. I know the girls that sit close to the restroom would appreciate it.
This was part of my orientation at one job. Where to #### is important.

Fat Nick said:

#####.

Worked in the golf industry for over a decade and I don't think I ever saw this happen in the office.
We had a guy that did it all the time, every mirror he saw. We made fun of him so bad behind his back! He is a cool guy too, and a scratch golfer. We would try to see how many different pictures of him doing it we could get. ETA - found an old picture- notice the eyes focused on the mirrored door he was in front of!

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/21892920@N08/16163068438/

From a friend of mine who posted this on Facebook...

That awkward moment when someone goes and pees during a conference call and doesn't mute. #‎WorkFromHomeProblems (no it wasn't me)
I have a good buddy that works from home. Told us a story of how he laid a massive fart while on a conference call and forgot to mute. Someone was talking while he did it and they just went silent for about 10 seconds. Huge blowout followed by awkward silence. Awesome.

And he was the only one on the phone so it was crystal clear who did it.
You and I seem to have different definitions of "conference call". :confused:

Dear With Regard To Lady,

How much are they paying you to use the phrase "with regard to" in every sentence? With regard to lunch today, will you be having a sandwich?

Regards,

McGarnicle

How much are they paying you to use the phrase "with regard to" in every sentence? With regard to lunch today, will you be having a sandwich?

Regards,

McGarnicle
With regards to this subject, I've got a co-worker who starts almost every e-mail with, "Dear XXX, I hope this e-mail finds you well."

I've got so many smart### questions on that...Can one e-mail locate a person better than others? Or is it that the e-mail checks on you to make sure you're not sick?

Dear Coworker A,

I just witnessed the boss confront Coworker B about a minor screw-up, after you ratted him out. I know how much you dislike Coworker A, as you have made no secret about it, and I am sure that you took great delight in the opportunity to make him look bad. However, this does not paint you in the most favorable light, and in my experience this sort of thing tends to come back and bite you in the ###! Now we are all going to have to watch our backs and cover our asses, rather than cover for each other. Thanks for being a team player!

Dear Coworker A,

I just witnessed the boss confront Coworker B about a minor screw-up, after you ratted him out. I know how much you dislike Coworker BA, as you have made no secret about it, and I am sure that you took great delight in the opportunity to make him look bad. However, this does not paint you in the most favorable light, and in my experience this sort of thing tends to come back and bite you in the ###! Now we are all going to have to watch our backs and cover our asses, rather than cover for each other. Thanks for being a team player!
fixed

sincerely

Coworker k

Bourbon Cowboy said:
Dear Coworker A,

I just witnessed the boss confront Coworker B about a minor screw-up, after you ratted him out. I know how much you dislike Coworker A, as you have made no secret about it, and I am sure that you took great delight in the opportunity to make him look bad. However, this does not paint you in the most favorable light, and in my experience this sort of thing tends to come back and bite you in the ###! Now we are all going to have to watch our backs and cover our asses, rather than cover for each other. Thanks for being a team player!
Sounds like Coworker B needs to stop ####### things up.

Okay, so the boss was evidently going through some files and found something that Coworker B (the rat) screwed up, and just confronted him about it. Neither of them were very happy, but the boss just left saying “Shut up! I’m not happy with you right now!”

Instant Karma’s gonna getcha!

Okay, so the boss was evidently going through some files and found something that Coworker B (the rat) screwed up, and just confronted him about it. Neither of them were very happy, but the boss just left saying “Shut up! I’m not happy with you right now!”

please use aliai and work your way up to letter names when you've proven you can handle them.

Is Coworker B Bud Bundy?

Was nice working with you guy, but having a goodbye conference call with an ominous message telling everyone that they need to be on the call, even if they are not at work they need to dial in anyway.

You weren't that important to us all.

Hey Guy who sits near me,

you don't have to keep making the same pun and then laugh, expecting me to laugh too. I'm not going to, so please stop.
- chicken ticka... heheheh

- chicka ticka.... heheheh

(looks at me... "right?"

- chicka ticka... hehehehe

- chicka ticka tacka ticka ... hehehehe

(taps me... "chicka ticka... hehehehe")

:kapow:

Was nice working with you guy, but having a goodbye conference call with an ominous message telling everyone that they need to be on the call, even if they are not at work they need to dial in anyway.

would've been a great spot for someone to rip one there

would've been a great spot for someone to rip one there
Wow...Now I feel horrible for missing such an amazing opportunity. Total region on at once with all using same dial in, so would have been totally untrackable.

you don't have to keep making the same pun and then laugh, expecting me to laugh too. I'm not going to, so please stop.

(looks at me... "right?"

I don't even understand this.

(looks at me... "right?"

:lol:

Sorry, I was caught up in the moment. We were ordering Indian food... Tikka masala

Dear colleague --

I am sorry that you caught Influenza B. That really sucks, and I know it's going to mess up the remainder of your week. That said, it was not a good idea to come to the office on your way home from having been diagnosed by your doctor to drop off some exams and gather your mail from the front office. #### you, seriously.

IK

Dear colleague --

I am sorry that you caught Influenza B. That really sucks, and I know it's going to mess up the remainder of your week. That said, it was not a good idea to come to the office on your way home from having been diagnosed by your doctor to drop off some exams and gather your mail from the front office. #### you, seriously.

IK
Serious Busch League move. They should be reprimanded. Did you or anyone else say anything?

Dear Rain Man,

Nobody likes your over the top stats that you produce with your testing results. Quit wasting everyone's time and just do your ### #### ####### job. When I ask you what time it is, I don't want to know how to build a ####### watch.

Go jump in a wood chipper.

Ned

Dear accounts payable,

When one of our vendors hasn't been paid after repeated requests and you allegedly sent the check on January 23rd, don't try and pretend that it maybe just hasn't arrived to them yet by February 16th. They are less than 5 miles away. It takes one business day 99% of the time. Please don't think I am dumb enough to actually believe that you had sent this check. Asking me to have him wait until Wednesday to see if it showed up was a pretty obvious ploy. It was Presidents Day. So of course you couldn't mail it Monday. If you mailed it Tuesday, he would have it Wednesday.

Dear accounts payable,

When one of our vendors hasn't been paid after repeated requests and you allegedly sent the check on January 23rd, don't try and pretend that it maybe just hasn't arrived to them yet by February 16th. They are less than 5 miles away. It takes one business day 99% of the time. Please don't think I am dumb enough to actually believe that you had sent this check. Asking me to have him wait until Wednesday to see if it showed up was a pretty obvious ploy. It was Presidents Day. So of course you couldn't mail it Monday. If you mailed it Tuesday, he would have it Wednesday.
You should have told them he would sue if he didn't get it Tuesday - they would then have to get off their (likely) fat behinds and hand carry the check to his door...

Regards,

McGarnicle
With regards to this subject, I've got a co-worker who starts almost every e-mail with, "Dear XXX, I hope this e-mail finds you well."

I've got so many smart### questions on that...Can one e-mail locate a person better than others? Or is it that the e-mail checks on you to make sure you're not sick?
I mix this salutation in every so often...lighten up....

(looks at me... "right?"

Sorry, I was caught up in the moment. We were ordering Indian food... Tikka masala
That was actually my assumption :thumbup:

(looks at me... "right?"

after the falafel debacle of 2015, I should know that I can't assume people know what non-bacony, ethnic food is.

(looks at me... "right?"

after the falafel debacle of 2015, I should know that I can't assume people know what non-bacony, ethnic food is.
I actually had Chicken Tikka Masala last night, prob why I assumed it.

Dear Kevin,

Please stop heating your fish/seafood lunch in the office microwave. Its disgusting and is noticeable throughout the office.

Thanks,

Everyone else in the office

Users who are viewing this thread