What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tatum Bell and Jake Plummer (1 Viewer)

gocats

Footballguy
The Texans are interested in Plummer. Whether through trade or release, Plummer is likely to end up with Kubiak. There is talk the Broncos and Texans will discuss a trade that would send Plummer, Bell and an early-round draft pick to Houston for the No. 8 overall pick and perhaps a player.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5251758

Why in the world would Houston trade the # 8 pick for two players that have fallen out of favor in Denver. Plummer will likely be cut anyway.

If Carr is jettisoned, Plummer would be a nice stop gap for the Texans. he is familiar with Gary Kubiak's offense.

Why in the world would Houston trade the # 8 pick for two players that have fallen out of favor in Denver. Plummer will likely be cut anyway. If Carr is jettisoned, Plummer would be a nice stop gap for the Texans. he is familiar with Gary Kubiak's offense.
Cutting Plummer does very little too Denver's cap before or after June 1, so I think they are willing to hold on to him if they have to.

Why in the world would Houston trade the # 8 pick for two players that have fallen out of favor in Denver. Plummer will likely be cut anyway. If Carr is jettisoned, Plummer would be a nice stop gap for the Texans. he is familiar with Gary Kubiak's offense.
Cutting Plummer does very little too Denver's cap before or after June 1, so I think they are willing to hold on to him if they have to.
Exactly. Who exactly will back up Cutler if Plummer is gone?I think Denver is perfectly fine keeping Plummer in a backup role if they do not get value for him ...Personally, I have no idea why Hou would be interested in Plummer to begin with. Certainly nothing till happen on this front until/unless they move Carr for a pick. Tatum is another matter, but hardly worth the consideration proposed ...

Columnists need to fill up space, it looks like alot of guessing/I-heard-from-a-source stuff that you see and hear leading up to the draft.

The columnist isn't saying Plummer & Bell for #8 overall - its Plummer, Bell, plus early pick. What if Denver is offering their #1, 21st overall? Seems like it might be close to even to me...

More likely though, it's typical off-season speculation.

Why does Denver want to dump Tatum. used correctly he is very effective.

Just not a 25 carry RB.

The columnist isn't saying Plummer & Bell for #8 overall - its Plummer, Bell, plus early pick. What if Denver is offering their #1, 21st overall? Seems like it might be close to even to me...More likely though, it's typical off-season speculation.
Still wouldn't be even close. In todays market, Bell is worth a #5 and Plummer a # 5. SO 21 and two 5's for the # 8?

Balco said:
moleculo said:
The columnist isn't saying Plummer & Bell for #8 overall - its Plummer, Bell, plus early pick. What if Denver is offering their #1, 21st overall? Seems like it might be close to even to me...More likely though, it's typical off-season speculation.
Still wouldn't be even close. In todays market, Bell is worth a #5 and Plummer a # 5. SO 21 and two 5's for the # 8?
I was thinking #5 for Plummer but #3 for Bell. On second thought, that is too high. You are probably right, #4 or #5 for Bell.Houston would never make that deal.

As I posted elsewhere:

Riffraff said:
Plummer + TBell aren't that great of an "upgrade" (if an upgrade at all).

Add in Denver's pick at #21 and it's more realistic. But not enough.

Using the 2006 draft pick value chart:

http://content.scout.com/a.z?s=68&p=3&blipid=14689

#8 = 1400

#21 = 800

TBell and Plummer value would have to add to 600 points

Neither of them are worth a 2nd round pick (270 points)

Combined, they may be worth a 2nd round pick.

Wishful thinking on the writer's part.

glad there's some common sense in this thread.

I could see a deal being worked out because of the kubes shanny connection, but no way would it involve the number 8 pick in the draft.

Users who are viewing this thread