What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Droughns to Denver? (1 Viewer)

I think he'd look good in...Denver.
He isnt good enough to keep Mike Bell from getting substantial carries.
I'll take identify a Bell owner for $500 alex
If droughns was that good he wouldnt be getting dumped by the sorry Browns.
Maybe True, but he did well in the Denver System
I own Droughns in one dynasty league and Bell in another one and I wouldnt be excited about this signing, it basically would mean i couldnt play either on a weekly basis and feel good about it.

I think he'd look good in...Denver.
He isnt good enough to keep Mike Bell from getting substantial carries.
I'll take identify a Bell owner for $500 alex
If droughns was that good he wouldnt be getting dumped by the sorry Browns.
Maybe True, but he did well in the Denver System
I own Droughns in one dynasty league and Bell in another one and I wouldnt be excited about this signing, it basically would mean i couldnt play either on a weekly basis and feel good about it.
OK

Interesting that Droughns goes from the first back in 20 years in Cleveland to run for 1,000 yards to being considered trash the very next season. His downgrade also happened to coincide with the implosion of the offensive line and the replacement of a veteran QB with an unproven 2nd round draft pick.

Interesting that Droughns goes from the first back in 20 years in Cleveland to run for 1,000 yards to being considered trash the very next season. His downgrade also happened to coincide with the implosion of the offensive line and the replacement of a veteran QB with an unproven 2nd round draft pick.
It also coincides with the Browns having a shot at Peterson.

As a Droughns dynasty owner who thought his value was about to go to near zero if Peterson lands in Cleveland, this would be great news!

Last edited by a moderator:
:X It does seem like he's the one under the bus right now. You'd think Savage / Crenell would've played this better - especially if they're really after AP. This team wouldn't look quite so bad w/ L. Bentley *healthy* and Garcia still there, now w/ the improving OLine. But, they've still got a loooong ways to go.RD did have a tough year, but hard to put the blame on his shoulders considering what you mentioned. :lmao: being a browns fan.

It also coincides with the Browns having a shot at Peterson.
The coaching staff was down on Droughns nearly all of last season, well before they secured the #3 pick.

I think rushing for 1000 yards in a 16 game season is over rated. an RB would only have to rush for 62.5 yards per game

I think rushing for 1000 yards in a 16 game season is over rated. an RB would only have to rush for 62.5 yards per game
A year ago today the Browns gave Droughns a 3 year extension, now there are rumors they want to trade him away. My argument is not that Droughns is an exceptional RB (he's no Peterson who they may very clearly draft.) The argument is that maybe Cleveland's problems stemmed from something other than their existing RB. Compare Droughns #'s from when Dilfer was starting and when Frye went in, there's a difference of nearly a 1.5ypc.

An extremely well-thought :rolleyes:

Droughns would never work in Denver... BECAUSE...

Wait for it.

He's a product of the Cleveland offensive system. :shrug:

Sorry but tons of Browns fans said the exact same thing prior to Droughns going to Cleveland. Reuben rushed for 1,200 yards in Denver's slide zone blocking system but went to a power rushing run blocking team in Cleveland, and I'm using the term 'power rushing' losely here, where he matched the 1,200 yards he ran for in Denver and became the first Browns RB to eclipse 1,000 yards in nearly two decades and had the most yards from scrimmage of any Browns RB since HOFer Leroy Kelly back in 1968.

The really funny part was that when Charlie Frye took over for Trent Dilfer that Reuben's average per rush plummetted by a full yard per carry and the entire offensive production dropped by over 70 yards per game

Dilfer (11 games) = 306.55 yards of total team offense

Frye (5 games) = 235.20 yards of total team offense

The Browns coaches said it had nothing to do with Charlie Frye. They said it was because Reuben got tired at the end of the year. When Reuben and the rest of the offense struggled last year the Brown's offensive coordinator got canned and replaced but the offense still was terrible so the coaches blamed it all on the offensive line and now the hue and cry by the fans is that all of our offensive troubles were because of Droughns. Last year he was their hero, but now he's a bum according to many Browns fans. They have a quick fix solution all figured out, Adrian Peterson.

They are wrong.

Many fans think AP to Cleveland is a dead lock synch but the entire Browns coaching staff and members of their front office was in South Bend a few hours ago watching a kid from Ohio who wants to play for the Browns at his Pro Day workout and I hope that they came away convinced he can lead the team and is worth the third pick in the draft because AP isn't going to fix the real problem with the lowest scoring offense in the league the last two years.

Add another to the Denver RB swirls. Heres a quick list to be rumored:

Travis Henry, Chris Brown, Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green, Michael Turner, Kevan Barlow, TJ Duckett, and now Reuben Droughns. Of course there's always a chance they trade up to get Peterson, or Lynch falls to them in the draft. Ahh then good ol' Denver RB situation...gotta love it :lmao:

Checking my memory here but didn't RD play in Detroit for a while?

Did he get any time there?

:goodposting: I think you nailed it. I just wish the Browns front office saw it that way...

Checking my memory here but didn't RD play in Detroit for a while?

Did he get any time there?
Droughns PFR pageHe was in Marty Morningwhegs (sp?) dog house and never did much. That's why after his first 100 yard rushing game (against Carolina I believe) he started his press conference by saying "Hi Marty".
Droughns was a FB in Detroit and continued to be a FB up to the 04 season till the time Q-Griff and Mike Anderson went down with injuries. Then Shanny switched him from FB to feature RB where he flourished. BTW Maurice Carthon was the RB coach in Detroit with Reuben. Mo was hired by his old buddy Romeo Crennell when he took over in Cleveland who made Mo his offensive coordinator. Mo bent the ear of Savage to trade with Denver and acquire Reuben. Perfect timing as Denver was loaded with RBs and Rube was asking for a new contract. Denver traded away Portis when Clinton asked for a new contract so when Cleveland came calling they were able to acquire Reuben for 43 defensive linemen who didn't fit the new 34 scheme Romeo was installing. It was a win-win for both clubs. Everyone has heard the success story of the Bro(w)nco defensive linemen and the FF world knows of Droughn's nice 05 season in Cleveland.

Last year Reuben got dinged and had to contend with Frye/Anderson at QB in addition the offensive line nightmare from La Charles Bently getting injured to our backup center running away because he was afraid to start to the mental disorder of our ORT Ryan Tucker.

Reuben's not a complete back, he's no threat to bust off long runs and he'll never be a goal line scoring machine but he can do damage between the twenties if he gets room and if he gets past the LOS to the second level he punishes people. Droughns needs a QB who can prevent the defense from loading the box and a revamped O-line to be effective. The acquisition of Stienbeck is a step in the right direction.

Also word is that Brady Quinn had a nice Pro Day. :shrug:

Add another to the Denver RB swirls. Heres a quick list to be rumored:

Travis Henry, Chris Brown, Jamal Lewis, Ahman Green, Michael Turner, Kevan Barlow, TJ Duckett, and now Reuben Droughns. Of course there's always a chance they trade up to get Peterson, or Lynch falls to them in the draft. Ahh then good ol' Denver RB situation...gotta love it :lmao:
Don't be so quick to discount Mike Bell.Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think Bell's the next coming of Terrell Davis or anything, but some of you whacked-out FBGs were pimping the likes of Mike, Ron Dayne, Tatum Bell and Cedric Friggin' Cobbs of all people last summer SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY HAD A BRONCO ON THEIR HELMET.

I'll be the first to say it... if "rumored running back X" can succeed in Denver, why can't Bell?

Users who are viewing this thread