What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any Benson owners (1 Viewer)

well

• Buying

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Selling

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gocats

Footballguy
Im not sure Benson can carry the load and I think if you can get a guy like a Caddilac Williams, it might be a pretty good idea, especially if you have Adrian Peterson. Benson gets injured once again, you now have two good RBs.

Your thoughts people?

WTFBenson cant but Caddy can?
Benson has had surgery twice on his knees and once on his shoulder. I'm not arguing who can or who can't just that he hasn't shown that he can stay healthy in the NFL.

Benson has had surgery twice on his knees and once on his shoulder. I'm not arguing who can or who can't just that he hasn't shown that he can stay healthy in the NFL.
Yes, and Caddy is the model of durability... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
;) Not to mention on a part time basisIm more confident in Caddy at this point, and as bad a year as he had last year you might be able to him straight up

Im shopping him, but it's a league where you can start 2 RBs max, and I already own LT, Turner, TJones, Deuce, and Benson.

Im shopping him, but it's a league where you can start 2 RBs max, and I already own LT, Turner, TJones, Deuce, and Benson.
Are you shopping him because your concerned he cant carry the load, or just because you have a surplus at that position? what are you looking to get from him?

In a league where we can keep two players, but have to give up a draft pick two rounds higher than where we drafted them, I can keep Benson for a low 5th round pick. I think that's decent value, but we're so far out it is hard to tell.

There are injury concerns for every RB in the league, as it comes with the territory. Trading Benson would be a huge mistake, imo.

I own Benson in 3 leagues. I did have him in 4, but in a PPR league I traded Benson, Adrian Peterson (chi), and Berrian for Jamal Lewis, Musa Smith, Javon Walker, and his 2008 1st rd pick. This was before the recent trade of TJ to NY. I still would have made that deal, because I was pretty sure TJ was going to get traded. Am I buying or selling? Well, in general I'm buying Benson, but in that case I liked the deal well enough to sell him. So I guess it depends on the deal as to whether I'm buying or selling.

Yes, and Caddy is the model of durability... :thumbup:
I understand, you have a reading problem. Describe your childhood.

:thumbup: Not to mention on a part time basisIm more confident in Caddy at this point, and as bad a year as he had last year you might be able to him straight up
I would rather have benson myself.

:confused: Not to mention on a part time basisIm more confident in Caddy at this point, and as bad a year as he had last year you might be able to him straight up
I would rather have benson myself.
:shrug:

Selling, if I can. I have McGahee, Benson, and Caddy in a league where I have to start 1 RB and can start another at WR/RB.

Personally, I don't feel good about any of these 3, except for the fact that I am in salary cap league and they are signed cheap. I'd love to find an owner that will give me a real consistent player for any of these guys. Otherwise, I'll just hope I can correctly pick which two start each week.

So, I am hoping there is a short-term spike in perceived value that I can capitalize on. Otherwise, I'll just hold tight and play RBBC.

Are you shopping him because your concerned he cant carry the load, or just because you have a surplus at that position? what are you looking to get from him?
slight concern that he continue to get nicked up (every time he's had a chance to step up in the NFL, he has instead gotten banged up), but mostly surplus.

I want to talk about his likely ADP in a 12-teamer. I'm thinking somewhere around 2.6 sounds right. Just behind a guy like Willie Parker... right in the same neighborhood as Ronnie Brown and Chester Taylor, and just ahead of guys like McAllister and whomever the clear starter is in ATL/Dallas/Balt.

EDIT: Disregard. Just saw a thread on this topic.

I sold Benson too early, before TJ had requested a trade. I traded him for the 1.02 rookie pick (ppr, 3-4 WRs dynasty) which I was planning all along to use on Calvin Johnson. Even with this news, I like Johnson as a long-term upgrade. In some ways I moved a veteran for an "unknown" rookie, but I'd argue we really don't know what to expect from Benson, so I'm still fairly happy with the deal. If I had waited later, I probably could have gotten more, but so it goes.

I've been a Benson supporter, and I think he could do well with the starting gig, though I think he has a Rudi Johnson-type cieling in ppr leagues (not bad at all, of course). I also think Adrian Peterson will be more involved than some Benson supporters assume. I mainly shopped Benson because of durability concerns and because of a bad general feeling on him; every time he has gotten the chance to turn the corner, something bad happens. That doesn't mean it'll always be that way, and I think he can be a very good RB, but all in all I'm still glad I'll be getting Calvin.

WTF

Benson cant but Caddy can?
I acquired Benson in a rookie draft two years ago and one of the reasons I targeted him, was his lack of injuries and the durability he displayed in college. I've followed his NFL career very closely and although he sprained his knee in his rookie season, suffered a mild shoulder separation in training camp, and suffered a knee sprain in the Super Bowl - I don't recall any of these injuries being serious enough to warrant surgery. When did he have these surgeries you speak of? :goodposting:

I don't think it's fair to lump him in with fragile Caddy just yet...

In a 12 team league, I'm selling both Jones and Benson. We have LT, and Maroney, Turner along with Norwood on the taxi squad. That leaves us a little light at RB, but it's hopefully Benson for Cutler and Jones for Kampman (sack heavy IDP) and some picks involved. I don't trust Benson to stay healthy, and I think Jones will be a 15 carry 20 touch RB in NY.

Rovers said:
In a 12 team league, I'm selling both Jones and Benson. We have LT, and Maroney, Turner along with Norwood on the taxi squad. That leaves us a little light at RB, but it's hopefully Benson for Cutler and Jones for Kampman (sack heavy IDP) and some picks involved. I don't trust Benson to stay healthy, and I think Jones will be a 15 carry 20 touch RB in NY.
I think you will find that Benson isn't injury prone. Some of those injuries he's had would have put a lesser back out with an ACL tear. The bumps and bruises he's had so far in his NFL career happen to a lot of backs, that doesn't mean their injury prone. Again and again, he was very durable at Texas. I don't think he woke up one day and became injury prone. Now if you want to talk about an injury prone RB, let's talk Adrian Peterson from Oklahoma.

Rovers said:
I think you will find that Benson isn't injury prone. Some of those injuries he's had would have put a lesser back out with an ACL tear. The bumps and bruises he's had so far in his NFL career happen to a lot of backs, that doesn't mean their injury prone. Again and again, he was very durable at Texas. I don't think he woke up one day and became injury prone. Now if you want to talk about an injury prone RB, let's talk Adrian Peterson from Oklahoma.
I didn't say he was injury prone. I said I don't trust him to stay healthy, or more accurately, his abilty to stay on the field and play. The guy took himself out of the super bowl, didn't he? His team mates don't like him either. He hasn't handled the pressure well in an RBBC.... will he get any better now that it's on his shoulders? Benson is a bust waiting to be declared. If the Beras draft an RB in the third round, take him in the second round of your rookie draft. Wait a hold on.... some of the injuries he's had would have put other RB's out with an ACL tear? Tell me yer freakin kidding with that comment..... please. Maybe he just is too easy to get clean hits on.

Rovers said:
I didn't say he was injury prone. I said I don't trust him to stay healthy, or more accurately, his abilty to stay on the field and play. The guy took himself out of the super bowl, didn't he? His team mates don't like him either. He hasn't handled the pressure well in an RBBC.... will he get any better now that it's on his shoulders? Benson is a bust waiting to be declared. If the Beras draft an RB in the third round, take him in the second round of your rookie draft. Wait a hold on.... some of the injuries he's had would have put other RB's out with an ACL tear? Tell me yer freakin kidding with that comment..... please. Maybe he just is too easy to get clean hits on.
Did you see the way his knee twisted in the SB? All I can say is that Benson must have some pretty damn flexible knees.You said "I didn't say he was injury prone. I said I don't trust him to stay healthy, or more accurately, his abilty to stay on the field and play.". All I can say is , what's the difference?

geoff8695 said:
WTF

Benson cant but Caddy can?
I acquired Benson in a rookie draft two years ago and one of the reasons I targeted him, was his lack of injuries and the durability he displayed in college. I've followed his NFL career very closely and although he sprained his knee in his rookie season, suffered a mild shoulder separation in training camp, and suffered a knee sprain in the Super Bowl - I don't recall any of these injuries being serious enough to warrant surgery. When did he have these surgeries you speak of? :ph34r:

I don't think it's fair to lump him in with fragile Caddy just yet...
:goodposting:

Benson has NEVER had any surgeries. And as for Caddy, he has cronic back problems involving multiple disks in his back. That is a major concern for anybody, I have back problems and its hard enough for me to live a normal life, I couldnt even imagine trying to play football with back problems.

Rovers said:
More :goodposting:

I agree with this and have posted the same opinion on several occasions. All of Bensons injurys, a lesser durable back wouldve blown out ligaments and joints completely.

Rovers said:
Clean hits on? Tell ME your freakin kidding? Two out of Bensons three injurys were absolute flukes, not clean hits at all. The shoulder thing was when Urlacher and Briggs drilled him in mini camp in a non contact drill, and his last knee sprain a 240 lb man fell on his leg ackwardly. Get real. You want to talk about clean hits? Benson doesnt take clean hits, he DISHES THEM OUT!

I'm holding in a keeper league. This is the situation I held onto him last year for and am glad I didn't end up trading him for less. He's shown when he's in there he's a good back. ADP in a 12 team league, PPR, I'd put him mid-2nd round.

It's a very good thing that some think Benson will be Greatness II. I'm sellin, and I need buyers.

I think because the team he plays on, Benson will at worst be a 1200 yard back, 7-10 TDs. He should be a solid #2 and very good #3 RB. I'm not dying to move him, but have offered him to the team that has the 1.3 rookie pick.

I think because the team he plays on, Benson will at worst be a 1200 yard back, 7-10 TDs. He should be a solid #2 and very good #3 RB. I'm not dying to move him, but have offered him to the team that has the 1.3 rookie pick.
:thumbup: The Bears defense will only get better, as they still are a very young group. Benson will put up some very nice numbers next season. The savy GM's, however, will bump up his value significantly as the FF season approaches.

Im not sure Benson can carry the load and I think if you can get a guy like a Caddilac Williams, it might be a pretty good idea, especially if you have Adrian Peterson. Benson gets injured once again, you now have two good RBs.Your thoughts people?
Caddy. Bahahahhahaha!Classic.Benson didn't have any problems taking a BEATING in college as the #1. The preseason injury was a freak accident. So was the SB. It's way too early to call him the next Chris Perry. And Peterson is a great backup for a nice 1-2 punch.

Users who are viewing this thread