What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (2 Viewers)

RAIDERNATION said:
FWIW, "Coco" is played by a Lieutenant in the East Providence, R.I. police department.A city a few miles from me. He was in "The Departed" also.
I thought that guy looked familiar.

One more thing.. When Tony finds AJ, I had the following thought for a split second"I bet that when Tony pulls him out he is furious and instead of admitting to the suicide, AJ tenses up and tells him that he was attacked and that somebody tried to kill him..which would then have Tony going after the NY crew for disrespecting both of his kids"
The thought also crossed my mind that he wasn't going to rescue him...when he first saw him, he didn't exactly sprint to jump in and save him.
AJ's lucky he didn't tell TOny he couldn't pass a drug test, Tony would have had to go ahead and put him down beside the pool.

Please See Mine said:
Did I miss something? Dominic Chianese's name was in the credits but he wasn't in the episode at all was he? I thought they usually only put the names of people who are in the specific episodes.Also, who is the guy who mentioned a couple times about Carlo coming to Tony's bedside after he was recovering? Dominic?
Michael Imperoli's name was also in the credits. Actors who are hired as "series regulars" get it in their contracts that they're paid for every episode, whether they're in them or not, and still get their names in the credits.

Please See Mine said:
Did I miss something? Dominic Chianese's name was in the credits but he wasn't in the episode at all was he? I thought they usually only put the names of people who are in the specific episodes.

Also, who is the guy who mentioned a couple times about Carlo coming to Tony's bedside after he was recovering? Dominic?
Michael Imperoli's name was also in the credits. Actors who are hired as "series regulars" get it in their contracts that they're paid for every episode, whether they're in them or not, and still get their names in the credits.
there's also word that ...

Maybe the fed that is 'pals' with Tony is actually the guy playing both sides of the fence.

Trying to entrap the mafia into cooperating with undercover Fed playing terrorists...

It's GOT to come into play.

As I am sure has been posted in this thread previously, the final scene supposedly takes place in an ice cream parlor - my guess is that there will either be a "Valentine's Day Massacre" type scenario or Tony will peruse the various selections and choose plain vanilla.

I just heard that the final scene they shot was in the ice cream parlor...doesn't necessarily mean it's the final scene in the show.

Maybe Tony, Carm, Meadow and AJ(if he's alive) are in an ice cream parlor somewhere under the witness protection plan doing normal everyday family activities...
Voiceover of Tony: "I can't even get some decent food- right after I got here I ordered an Italian Ice and all I got was a snowcone with koolaid on top."

Maybe Tony, Carm, Meadow and AJ(if he's alive) are in an ice cream parlor somewhere under the witness protection plan doing normal everyday family activities...
Voiceover of Tony: "I can't even get some decent food- right after I got here I ordered an Italian Ice and all I got was a snowcone with koolaid on top."
Sounds more like Ray Liota from Goodfella's.

As I am sure has been posted in this thread previously, the final scene supposedly takes place in an ice cream parlor - my guess is that there will either be a "Valentine's Day Massacre" type scenario or Tony will peruse the various selections and choose plain vanilla.
Or maybe Tony, Carmela, Paulie, and the whole lot of them get blown away, and the ice cream parlor scene is Dr. Melfi reading about it in the newspaper.

Some thoughts-

I believe the reference that Silvio makes to Tony about playing both side of the fence could be in regards to him finding out that Tony is sharing info with the feds

There is no way that with only 2 episodes left that AJ could be considered a legitimate mobster (it's not even conceivable that he could be boss)

Just a thought but as an ultimate slap in the face to his associates, Tony gives info to the Feds about Phil and the rest of the NY crew as the only way to protect himself and his family

Carmella ultimately realizes that Tony "took care" of Adriana and she finds it unforgivable

Some funny links in regards to the sopranos

Scroll down a bit and click the link in the middle (Hooked on Paisonics)

Hooked on Paisonics

Finless said:
It appears we are headed in the direction of AJ clipping Phil and taking over New York. An all out battle will ensue: Father vs Son. I really don't see this going any other way. The whole feds things is a smokescreen distraction. This is gonna rule....seriously.
:scared:

I believe the reference that Silvio makes to Tony about playing both side of the fence could be in regards to him finding out that Tony is sharing info with the feds
Interesting. This could be exactly where the whole Arabs storyline ends up...instead of something happening with the actual terrorists, it leads to Tony's guys no longer trusting him.

Ahrn, just a thought due to the fact that the storyline contains the FBI poking around and also that Carmella is still dwelling on the "disappearance" of Adriana. She mentioned hiring a private investigator to find her a few weeks back.

I just think (my opinion) that Carmella will realize the truth and realize that if Tony is capable of killing family he is not the person that she thought he was

Ahrn, just a thought due to the fact that the storyline contains the FBI poking around and also that Carmella is still dwelling on the "disappearance" of Adriana. She mentioned hiring a private investigator to find her a few weeks back. I just think (my opinion) that Carmella will realize the truth and realize that if Tony is capable of killing family he is not the person that she thought he was
Adriana was not Tony's or Carmela's family in any sense of the word.

I just think (my opinion) that Carmella will realize the truth and realize that if Tony is capable of killing family he is not the person that she thought he was
it's always been my impression that carmella felt christopher might of killed her.

watched the previews again for the next show...definitely looks like AJ is in a trunk or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not surprised that Phil is pushing to wage war against Tony but one of his crew makes sexually laden comments to another boss' daughter and he doesn't expect consequences to come from that? You'd have to be pretty ignorant to not expect Tony to react strongly to that. Or you simply are looking for a fight and you're pushing Tony's buttons more and more until a fight becomes inevitable.
Phil is reckless and emotional. He always has been.Still - Tony overstepped. He himself admitted that he lost control. It is true, however, that what Tony did to Coco is no different than what Phil did to Vito. Except that Coco survived and Vito did not.
Tony did mention something to the effect of "If I had killed him, I would have been within my rights".

RAIDERNATION said:
Jack Daniel said:
RAIDERNATION said:
Watching this again right now, it's funny how Carmella got pissed that Meadow was staying at Pat's apartment when she told her that she was staying with her friend "Kimmy." Meadow is what.... like 37 now?

:loco:
I'm pretty sure she is in her early 20s. HTH
Thanks. Because I actually thought she was 37.
You are hilarious. You love to dish it out but you make a federal case when someone ribs you even the tinitest bit. What the hell are you going to do when the Sopranos are over?

After a second viewing, Lincoln Log Sammiches are indeed big beef hot dogs split with cream cheese spread on them.

That is all.

My ideal ending would be Tony's crew making a preemptive strike on NY that surprises the hell out of them. Something St. Valentines Day Massacre style or something. :cry:

If he does die he better go out big in a Tony Montana way.

Does anybody have a feeling we will be seeing that huge gun Bobby gave him in episode 1?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. This could be exactly where the whole Arabs storyline ends up...instead of something happening with the actual terrorists, it leads to Tony's guys no longer trusting him.
:boxing:
:cry: That is a good thought.

RAIDERNATION said:
Jack Daniel said:
RAIDERNATION said:
Watching this again right now, it's funny how Carmella got pissed that Meadow was staying at Pat's apartment when she told her that she was staying with her friend "Kimmy." Meadow is what.... like 37 now?

:rolleyes:
I'm pretty sure she is in her early 20s. HTH
Thanks. Because I actually thought she was 37.
You are hilarious. You love to dish it out but you make a federal case when someone ribs you even the tinitest bit. What the hell are you going to do when the Sopranos are over?
I didn't think Carmella was pissed. I think her "look" at Meadow was one of mild disapproval with understanding given Meadow's age and maturity.

:ph34r:
:rolleyes: That is a good thought.
I also think it's interesting that Tony is cooperating with the Feds on the Arabs. I thought that was against the Mob's code of conduct if there is such a thing.

Even though I do not like A.J., that was scary, watching him fight for his life in the pool.
I have a question for those of you who are good swimmers and comfortable in the water, because I am neither. Obviously, it was difficult for AJ to save himself because he was disoriented and desperate. But lets say that someone of sound mind who is perfectly calm did exactly what AJ did. Once the cinder block hit the bottom of the pool, would it be physically possible to dive head-first to the cinder block at the bottom of the pool, then carry it back up to the surface? Or would the block simply too heavy even for a strong person?
Sorry, I'm a little behind (I was out of town and DVR'd this episode, so I didn't watch it until last night) but yes, a good swimmer could easily have escaped this. I would have been out of there in about 15 seconds.

I honestly don't know what people complaining about this season are looking for. I think it's been terrific - major surprises, great story lines, violence for those that require it, humor, terrific acting.... what do you people want?

Just a thought after watching that preview again, I'll throw it in spoiler tags in case it bothers anyone....
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("The sweatshirt Pauly is wearing looks like it has a solid light color down the arms. The sweartshirt in the strangling looks to just have a light colored stripe. Very similar though.

And Pauly definitely seems to be standing up to Baccala.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

I honestly don't know what people complaining about this season are looking for. I think it's been terrific - major surprises, great story lines, violence for those that require it, humor, terrific acting.... what do you people want?
I think anybody complaining at this point doesn't actually know what they want.

Users who are viewing this thread