What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (3 Viewers)

But the "cooler heads have prevailed" comment wasn't in reference to the beating. It was in reference to him canceling the sit down.
Exactly. That is my point. A cooler head would have agreed to talk to Tony and accepted his apology, instead of refusing to see him. By telling Carmine that cooler heads had prevailed, he was telling him that he decided not to kill Tony, at least for the time being. I think this is a very real possibility.
Or, it could be just another one of many malapropisms, in the show and by Phil.
That is exactly what it was. Phil wasnt planning on killing Tony there. Butchie was the "cooler head" that talked Phil out of making peace.

Exactly. That is my point. A cooler head would have agreed to talk to Tony and accepted his apology, instead of refusing to see him. By telling Carmine that cooler heads had prevailed, he was telling him that he decided not to kill Tony, at least for the time being. I think this is a very real possibility.
So you're saying that "cooler heads" would have had the sit down. Phil said that "cooler heads" prevailed. There was no sit down. Do I not know what prevailed means? :lol:
Has to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
But the "cooler heads have prevailed" comment wasn't in reference to the beating. It was in reference to him canceling the sit down.
That is exactly what it was. Phil wasnt planning on killing Tony there. Butchie was the "cooler head" that talked Phil out of making peace.
That would be a hot head, not a cooler head.

RAIDERNATION said:
Jack Daniel said:
RAIDERNATION said:
Watching this again right now, it's funny how Carmella got pissed that Meadow was staying at Pat's apartment when she told her that she was staying with her friend "Kimmy." Meadow is what.... like 37 now?

:lmao:
I'm pretty sure she is in her early 20s. HTH
Thanks. Because I actually thought she was 37.
You are hilarious. You love to dish it out but you make a federal case when someone ribs you even the tinitest bit. What the hell are you going to do when the Sopranos are over?
:popcorn: What I typed above constitutes "making a federal case"...?

Okay then; thanks for letting me know.

:yawn:

How fun would it be if Sil was referring to Little Carmine in the "playing both sides" statement? What if Little Carmine's dumb shtick proves to be an act, and he's actually trying to play Tony and Phil against each other so that he can swoop in and easily pick up the pieces after they destroy one another? I know it's far fetched, but it sure seems like Little Carmine has gotten "stupider" since the power struggle between him and Johnny Sac after Carmine Sr died. And, they made a big deal out of showing Tony trying to push Little Carmine into the driver's seat before Doc/Phil took back over.
He is at the precipice of a crossroad.

Here's how it all ends.....

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

AJ is told that Tony had something to do with his kidnapping and is told to kill him if he wants in with the NY family. AJ tries killing Tony in his sleep, but it doesn't happen, Tony wakes up, a struggle ensues. The gun goes off and hits Carmella, killing her. Tony wrestles the gun away from AJ, enraged by seeing Carmella dying, he shoots and kills AJ.

Now that his entire family is wiped out, Meadow was killed the previous week in a case of mistaken identity, Tony has nothing to live for, puts the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger. End of the Sopranos. *** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

Sorry if I ruined it for ya. :eek:

AJ is told that Tony had something to do with his kidnapping and is told to kill him if he wants in with the NY family. AJ tries killing Tony in his sleep, but it doesn't happen, Tony wakes up, a struggle ensues. The gun goes off and hits Carmella, killing her. Tony wrestles the gun away from AJ, enraged by seeing Carmella dying, he shoots and kills AJ.

Now that his entire family is wiped out, Meadow was killed the previous week in a case of mistaken identity, Tony has nothing to live for, puts the gun in his mouth and pulls the trigger. End of the Sopranos. *** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

Sorry if I ruined it for ya. :popcorn:
Okay. You've either read the same spoiler I have on another site, or that's some independent confirmation there. Seriously.

I don't get why people complain about the Furio loose end. He got cozy with the wife of a boss, that was found out, he went back to Italy so he didn't die. Story over.

:popcorn:

Sorry if I ruined it for ya. :thumbup:
Okay. You've either read the same spoiler I have on another site, or that's some independent confirmation there. Seriously.
Really?? Nah, just a collaboration with Mrs. Champ. Unless she read the site you're referring to is another story, but she never mentioned it to me. :popcorn:

Sorry if I ruined it for ya. :goodposting:
Really?? Nah, just a collaboration with Mrs. Champ. Unless she read the site you're referring to is another story, but she never mentioned it to me. :goodposting:
Well, at this point, it's possible to throw that one out there based somewhat on the previews and episode descriptions and get lucky. But I've read something along those very same lines that was posted weeks ago at a Sopranos message board (Chase Lounge).

Sorry if I ruined it for ya. :hot:
Really?? Nah, just a collaboration with Mrs. Champ. Unless she read the site you're referring to is another story, but she never mentioned it to me. :pirate:
Well, at this point, it's possible to throw that one out there based somewhat on the previews and episode descriptions and get lucky. But I've read something along those very same lines that was posted weeks ago at a Sopranos message board (Chase Lounge).

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("That's one difference in this spoiler and the one I've read. In the other one, AJ is forced by NY to kill (or try to kill) Tony. That seems more plausible than 4x champ's saying AJ is angry because he believes Tony was behind his kidnapping.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("That's one difference in this spoiler and the one I've read. In the other one, AJ is forced by NY to kill (or try to kill) Tony. That seems more plausible than 4x champ's saying AJ is angry because he believes Tony was behind his kidnapping.

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();
Agree yours is more believable...

This is pretty much how I took it as well. I thought it was facetious, just another example of escalating tensions between Tony and Phil. *You beat up my guy so now I'm going to refuse to see you after you come all the way over here.* I thought Phil was just kind of trying to, psychologically maybe, assert a little dominance. (Which I guess here just basically means be a #####.) But it's getting a lot of discussion. Is something flying over my head?

Finless said:
It appears we may be headed for a situation where Tony becomes an Al Qaeda sympathizer. Possibly even suiting up for the cause. I don't have time to read this whole thread because I am busy working, but has this been discussed?
I assume you mean AJ...not sure if there is enough time.

Finless said:
Finless said:
It appears we may be headed for a situation where Tony becomes an Al Qaeda sympathizer. Possibly even suiting up for the cause. I don't have time to read this whole thread because I am busy working, but has this been discussed?
I assume you mean AJ...not sure if there is enough time.
No, I meant Tony
I hadn't thought of that...I could see that happening.

So has season 6 surpassed all the other seasons as being the best? :popcorn:
It all depends on how it ends, but it is hard to beat Seasons 1 and 2. Plus, the beginning of Season 6 was so weak overall, that even if the last two episodes are the best ones ever, I still think it wouldn't measure up overall to 1 and 2.

So has season 6 surpassed all the other seasons as being the best? :popcorn:
probably will have, in three weeks.
It's going to need a really strong finish to compete with season 2 for me.But 6B has the potential to be right there with S1.
Assuming we get an epic sort of finale, which all signs point to, it'll be close to the tops for me...I've really enjoyed every episode this year. Very dark cloud hanging over everything, which I love.

It would be hard for me to say any season was better...but I think that is mostly because I am literally nailed to the couch with eyes rivoted on the TV during every second this year...knowing it's the last time I'll be watching....which has made it more intense than ever.

That would be a hot head, not a cooler head.
Hence the quotation marks. He misused the phrase like everybody else does on the show.

");document.close();
Agree yours is more believable...
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("AJ is not going to be forced to kill anyone. Actually Tony and AJ are one of the very few to survive the ending but if you really want to know what happens, hit me up.

");document.close();No way.

Finless said:
My all time fave character was Tony B--it's a shame he had to go so young.
Ralphie...hands down.
Richie was damn good too.
:rant: Makes you wish there would have been a Jackie Sr. character.
He died from cancer Season 1. That's when Junior/Tony took over NJ family.
haven't seen the early episodes in a while. I hardly remember the character at all...

Users who are viewing this thread