What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (2 Viewers)

Not sure if you guys have seen these pics from a poster on HBO.com of the final episode...

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x14/sop...20In%20America/

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
:moneybag:
What the ? How do you embed a link in a spoiler tag? I guess you can quote it and see the link anyway.It's nothing earth-shattering...just a few screen shots of some characters...maybe a little insight.

Not sure if you guys have seen these pics from a poster on HBO.com of the final episode...

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
:confused:
What the ? How do you embed a link in a spoiler tag? I guess you can quote it and see the link anyway.It's nothing earth-shattering...just a few screen shots of some characters...maybe a little insight.
not sure you can.

:goodposting:
not sure you can.
Try this...

nothing too bad, but if you don't want to be spoiled at all I'd avoid looking.
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("Looks like Tony, Carm, and AJ may survive? And is that the final scene with Tony and Paulie sitting at Satriales?

Now I'm thinking about it too much...*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***

");document.close();

you're definitely thinking about it too much. those are just the HBO stills, they hardly ever tell anything if you haven't seent he episode.

I don't think Silvio is dead.
Dead as a doorknob.
why so sure?
because they said he wasn't going to regain consciousness -- when you hear things like that on the show, that's usually a wrap. sil's gone, his story is over.
obviously, he's probably not going to play a big role in the final episode unless it's set some time in the future, but if his story was over why didn't they just him die outright? To quote the Princess Bride, perhaps he's just a "little dead".

Dead as a doorknob.
why so sure?
because they said he wasn't going to regain consciousness -- when you hear things like that on the show, that's usually a wrap. sil's gone, his story is over.
obviously, he's probably not going to play a big role in the final episode unless it's set some time in the future, but if his story was over why didn't they just him die outright? To quote the Princess Bride, perhaps he's just a "little dead".
David Chase has said that not everything will be wrapped up in a tight little bow. I just think that's going to be one of his things that gets left open to the imagination.

Dead as a doorknob.
why so sure?
David Chase has said that not everything will be wrapped up in a tight little bow. I just think that's going to be one of his things that gets left open to the imagination.
Chase has never been big on wrapping up every loose end and I wouldn't expect that to change now. Whether Sil dies or not is hardly important at this point. If he survives, he's not much more then a vegatable.

Dead as a doorknob.
why so sure?
Chase has never been big on wrapping up every loose end and I wouldn't expect that to change now. Whether Sil dies or not is hardly important at this point. If he survives, he's not much more then a vegatable.
Unless the last episode is set for "6 months later" or "1 year later". You never know.

Anybody else watch the episodes on A&E last night? Something very interesting was said by Ralphie to Jackie Jr when telling him how they got noticed by the families & eventually got them made. The story was about Tony & crew robbing a card game of one of the bosses and Ralphie said something along the lines of "Yeah...we were barley even a crew and then it was like we were the 6th family" or something. Thought it had relevance as to what is going on right now....just my 2 cents.

BustedKnuckles said:
As is customary, the actors learned their fates from Chase, who paid his first visit to Schirripa's apartment to break the news, saying, "I guess you know why I'm here," Schirripa recalls. "I said, 'How's it happen?' Then I thanked him for changing my life and making me part of this thing that will never happen again."
David Chase just strikes me as a really creepy guy. It's almost like he's acting like a hitman here himself. That's just kind of weird. Plus the vomit and feces fetish. I think he's pretty far out there.

David Chase just strikes me as a really creepy guy. It's almost like he's acting like a hitman here himself. That's just kind of weird. Plus the vomit and feces fetish. I think he's pretty far out there.
Yes, but GB his imagination, or we wouldn't have had this wonderful series.

fun theory from alan sepinwall's column:

Meanwhile, I finished compiling and responding to the various finale speculation letters on Wednesday, but while we're waiting for the story's publication on Sunday, here's one that came in after deadline that I liked: All the characters will be killed, HOWEVER, the camera will do a close up on Imperioli who will be holding a manuscript in his hands. The camera will then show David Chase who hears Imperioli tell him that that was his story and they should consider making it into either a movie or TV show. -Linda ZedarThis was Matt Seitz's pet theory for a long time, or close to it: that the entire series would be revealed to be a screenplay written by Christopher, and that the actual lives of Chris and Tony and the others were far more mundane.

more...

Just 61 minutes from sealing the deal as TV's best drama ever, "The Sopranos" has given the audience fair warning: Expect no redemption for Tony Soprano. No last-minute rescue. No tears. Barring a miracle, Tony is a lost cause. Sort of like the world that's playing host to his downfall.

I have insider info about a :thumbup: ending-

Before Tony and his crew can confront Phil, the Feds swoop in and take custody of Tony on a warrant. They have been secretly working with Meadow, who has been using her knowledge of law to compile evidence against her father. Once Meadow learns that he is likely to be killed by NY, she figures that he will never turn state's evidence, so the best alternative to save his life is to have him behind bars.

Phil is outed by his crew when they barge in on him and Butchie oiling up each other's guns for the assault on Tony. Both are shot.

It's revealed that AJ is really a girl who somehow grew facial hair, just like that girl in high school that we all knew that had a really thick moustache.

Carmela, Angie Bompansiero, Janice, Ro, Chrsitopher's wife, and all the other widows decide to....ah, who cares.

The last half hour of the show is just Meadow dancing around really slowly in a negligee.

You know, I was just thinking, Sil is the only tie left to Ade and whether she is really dead. Agian, not saying anything will actually come to light about this during the finale, but perhaps it's a storyline that will be preserved for a movie, etc.

You know, I was just thinking, Sil is the only tie left to Ade and whether she is really dead. Agian, not saying anything will actually come to light about this during the finale, but perhaps it's a storyline that will be preserved for a movie, etc.
Ade is dead. Why would you think otherwise?

Great interview with Paulie Walnuts on WFAN today with Mike Francesa (filling in for Imus)

I think a must listen for all fans...great stuff.

link

scroll down to Tony Sirico

[sill]

Our true enemy has yet to revile himself. [/sill]

Next scene in Tony's dream he looks through a periscope and sees himself sitting with Paulie. He then pulls out a gun and kills Paulie.

:kicksrock:

Just something I caught while watching some DVD's

There was also a conversation in there with Paulie and Sac about how Carmine thought highly of Paulie. I'm just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Paulie betrays Tony. My Soprano's final episode prediction is that Paulie ends up becoming boss of NJ with Tony's blessing. I think Tony decides to step down but has Phil killed first and wins the war with NY. Then Paulie and Little Carmine become the new bosses of NJ and Brooklyn respectively. The final scene would show Tony truly happy with his real family, while the other remaining characters in the show bow for the curtain in a quick scene montage that reflects their respective final fates. Paulie will be seen celebrating his promotion, Silvio's heartrate monitor flatlines, Dr. Melfi sits alone in her office, etc.

I also wonder if the "Made in America" title will have something to do with the AR-10 machine gun that Bobby gave Tony as a gift. The original AR-10 model of the late 1950's was designed and made in America. Just a thought.

I don't think Paulie betrays Tony. My Soprano's final episode prediction is that Paulie ends up becoming boss of NJ with Tony's blessing. I think Tony decides to step down but has Phil killed first and wins the war with NY. Then Paulie and Little Carmine become the new bosses of NJ and Brooklyn respectively. The final scene would show Tony truly happy with his real family, while the other remaining characters in the show bow for the curtain in a quick scene montage that reflects their respective final fates. Paulie will be seen celebrating his promotion, Silvio's heartrate monitor flatlines, Dr. Melfi sits alone in her office, etc.
Haha, you obviously read that spoiler elsewhere. It is one of many that have shown up. Odds are it will be wrong, just like all the ones about The Blue Comet being wrong, too (with the exception of Bobby's death). That would be a terrible ending, anyway. Paulie is not boss material, and Tony knows it. Besides, no way does this show have that sort of happy ending.

anyone read a spoiler about Tony turning to the FBI and being a witness to save his ###
see, stuff like this would make no sense. who would he be testifying against, HE'S THE BOSS -- they've been building a case against him for the duration of the show.

anyone read a spoiler about Tony turning to the FBI and being a witness to save his ###
I've got one...Maybe Tony is actually an FBI agent who had plastic surgery to look like someone else, infultrated the mob scene years ago, rose to boss, and now has 40 years of info to turn over to the feds that will bring down the mob forever!

see, stuff like this would make no sense. who would he be testifying against, HE'S THE BOSS -- they've been building a case against him for the duration of the show.
I don't think it'll happen, but if he had enough info to bring down Phil and his boys, that would be worth it. They work hand in hand on a lot of "projects"

I don't think it'll happen, but if he had enough info to bring down Phil and his boys, that would be worth it. They work hand in hand on a lot of "projects"
they don't work hand in hand on enough, as far as we've been told.besides, why would they want phil over tony?

they don't work hand in hand on enough, as far as we've been told.besides, why would they want phil over tony?
As was made clear in the last episode, Phil runs a bigger operation that Tony. They are always looking to move up the food chain.

As was made clear in the last episode, Phil runs a bigger operation that Tony. They are always looking to move up the food chain.
Sure, but what does Tony have on Phil? Some garbage jobs? I can't think of any hits they did together.

Sure, but what does Tony have on Phil? Some garbage jobs? I can't think of any hits they did together.
I don't know if he was wearing a wire at that conversation, but Tony could definitely tell them that while he was in prison, Phil wanted to make love to a woman, but he settled for jerking into a tissue.

I have no idea if Tony has anything on Phil. I was just answering your question as to why the feds would want Phil over Tony.

I have no idea if Tony has anything on Phil. I was just answering your question as to why the feds would want Phil over Tony.
I guess, just wouldn't make any sense at this point. :confused:

I'm getting the itch. :wub:

As of the beginning of episode six of the '07 season there has

been 88 deaths in total and 60 of them were human murders.

Season 6 had the most deaths, followed by Season 5.

Season 4 had the fewest deaths.

Season 6 had the most human murders, followed by Seasons 5 and 1.

Paulie Walnuts has killed 9 people, Tony Soprano and Christopher

Moltisanti are all tied with 8 on-screen murders. Silvio Dante has been

involved with 5 murders, then Mikey Palmice and Tony B. each with 3.

Other notables are Sal Bonpensiero, Benny and Vito with two each.

In addition to human deaths, there have been four animals killed:

Mule deer by Christopher Moltisanti in "Pine Barrens"

Pie-O-My, wounded in a fire, had to be put down in "Whoever Did This"

Cosette, a maltese dog, by Chris Moltisanti in "The Strong, Silent Type"

Rabbit by Artie Bucco in "Luxury Lounge"

In every season, at least two major characters have been killed off.

Season 1: Brendan Filone, Mikey Palmice

Season 2: Sal Bonpensiero, Richie Aprile

Season 3: Jackie Aprile, Jr., Livia Soprano

Season 4: Ralph Cifaretto, Gloria Trillo

Season 5: Adriana La Cerva, Tony Blundetto

Season 6A: Eugene Pontecorvo, Vito Spatafore

Season 6B: Johnny Sack, Chris Moltisanti, Bobby Baccalieri

Whenever major characters are to be murdered, David Chase

tells the actors far in advance to prepare them for the scene.

The cast has made it a tradition to take cast members who are killed

off, to Il Cortile, a restaurant in Little Italy, for a farewell dinner.

Joe Pantoliano knew in 2001 when he signed on to play the role of

Ralph Cifaretto that he would only last two seasons and that his demise

would not be a pretty one.

One common bond that ties each of the seasons together is the so-called

"Aprile Curse", where during the season at least one member of the Aprile

crew or family dies.

Season 1: Jackie Aprile, Sr

Season 2: Richie Aprile

Season 3: Gigi Cestone, Carlo Renzi, Dino Zerilli, Jackie Aprile, Jr.

Season 4: Ralph Cifaretto

Season 5: Adriana La Cerva

Season 6: Eugene Pontecorvo, Vito Spatafore

Of all the characters Christopher has had most brushes with death. This

has happened in every season so far until his actual death in Season 6B.

Season 1: The mock execution given on orders from Junior.

Season 2: Getting shot by Sean Gismonte and Matt Bevilaqua.

Season 3: Getting shot at by Jackie Jr at Eugene's card game.

Season 4: Getting car jacked... Tony tells Chris his addiction could get him whacked.

Season 5: Almost getting shot by Tony over the rumor about Tony and Ade.

Threatened by, and on the lam from Phil Leotardo, because of Tony Soprano's

reluctance to hand over Tony Blundetto to Phil for Billy Leotardo's murder.

Season 6A: Getting shot at while fleeing after robbing bikers of crates of wine.

Season 6B: Finally running out of luck when Tony suffocates him after a car accident.

Haha, you obviously read that spoiler elsewhere. It is one of many that have shown up. Odds are it will be wrong, just like all the ones about The Blue Comet being wrong, too (with the exception of Bobby's death). That would be a terrible ending, anyway. Paulie is not boss material, and Tony knows it. Besides, no way does this show have that sort of happy ending.
Sure there's a lot of spoilers that have popped up including some interesting screencaps, but there's really only 4 possible endings: 1. Tony finishes on top as boss2. Tony dies or gets Silvio'd 3. Tony turns to the Feds4. Tony steps down. The final episode would revolve around one of those four outcomes unless Chase pulls out a lame dream ending. I think Tony survives but steps down. That leaves Paulie as the remaining guy to take over once Phil gets whacked. Plus Tony already stepped aside once before for Junior (who was also not boss material), in order to take the heat off himself. This would just be another selfish, self-serving move for Tony which is what his character is all about.

Last edited by a moderator:
In every season, at least two major characters have been killed off.

Season 1: Brendan Filone, Mikey Palmice
Hardly major characters, although both of their on-screen deaths were pretty good. But I digress. I love Christopher's reaction to the news reporting on Brendan's death:"Listen to 'em, they make him sound like he was The Godfather."

I was wondering if anyone knew how many girls Tony has banged over the years. He has had sex with some hot girls. Who was the hottest?

Users who are viewing this thread