What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
Let's get it on!!!

Episode #1 (4/8/07) -- "Soprano Home Movies"
As the sixth and final season resumes, Tony has a brush with the law before a rowdy 47th birthday celebration with Carmela, Bobby and Janice at a rural retreat in the Adirondacks.

Episode #2 (4/15/07) -- "Stage Five"
The premiere of "Cleaver" gets Tony thinking about his relationship with Christopher; Johnny Sack absorbs more bad news in prison; Phil analyzes his family history; Silvio's dinner with Gerry is rudely interrupted.

Episode #3 (4/22/07) -- "Remember When"
With the heat turned up in Jersey, Tony and Paulie head south to cool off. Meanwhile, Junior rekindles some of his old fire in a poker game.

Episode #4 (4/29/07) -- "Chasing It"
Tony hits an unlucky stretch; AJ makes a life-changing decision; Vito's widow Marie turns to Tony for help with her troubled son.

Episode #5 (5/6/07) -- "Walk Like a Man"

Episode #6 (5/13/07) -- "Kennedy and Heidi"

Episode #7 (5/20/07) -- "The Second Coming"

Episode #8 (6/03/07) -- "The Blue Comet"
Tony contemplates a difficult choice given by Carmella. A.J. inquires about going back to school. Agent Harris prepares for "Plan B." Silvio is demanding answers to a family crisis, but nobody in New York is in the mood for apologizing.

Episode #9 (6/10/07) -- "Going Home"
Tony thinks back to his first meeting with Dr. Melfi. Christopher and Meadow get offers from the west coast. Artie ponders a problem from his past. Some unexpected visitors arrive at the Soprano household. Written and directed by David Chase.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was no bigger fan of the Sopranos then me 6 years ago. But to say that I am now disapointed is an understatement.

I wish they scraped this last "season" and used the money to finance another season of Deadwood or Rome.

Don't get me wrong, I'll be there on the 8th watching this. But the the track record being what it has been the last few seasons I am not expecting a whole lot.

Incidentally, for those who have Sirius satellite radio, there was an excellent presentation on the Raw Dog Channel (104) the other night. It was a discussion at the Radio & Film Institute called "Dead Sopranos." It was moderated by Bryant Gumbel, and the panel included David Chase, head writer Terrance Winter, and the actors who played Big ####, Richie, Gloria, Adrianna and Tony B. I'm sure it will be replayed a lot, and it might be online for all I know.

The most interesting replies came when Gumble asked the panel how they were informed their character was going to die. Chase asked Buschemi to lunch, where he dropped the news on him. As Cappy pointed out in the other thread, Chase wrote himself into a corner by having Tony B. kill Billy Leotardo. Tony B. wasn't supposed to die at the hands of the writers, but Chase was informed that such an act would NEVER be allowed.

When David Proval (Richie) was told he was being killed off, he begged Chase to reconsider.

Proval, to Chase: "Can Richie please get a stay of execution?"

Chase: "No." :shrug:

Worst decision he's made to date, IMHO. Richie was an awesome antagonist.

Terrance Winter acknowledged that he wrote Gloria and Ade dying off-screen because he couldn't stand seeing them die, because he was close to them, particularly Drea DeMatteo. He had no such issues in the episode where Tracy the stripper was beaten to death by Ralphie.

Looking forward to it. But please David Chase: No more lame, self-important dream sequences. We get it: Tony's a deep character. Just go with an intriguing storyline and perhaps a few twists (like the awesome Junior shoots Tony shocker in Season 6, Part I, ep 1). You've done it before, you can do it again.

Oh, and if possible:

NO MORE F'N PUKING!!!!

RAIDERNATION said:
Sabertooth said:
Yeah, they really need to wrap this up. It's looking like Jerry Rice's stint in Seattle at this point. How the mighty have fallen.
S6 soured me so badly on this show that I couldn't care less if they come back or not.:rolleyes:I used to watch 2 or 3 episodes on DVD every day before S6. Now, I rarely watch even S1-5 anymore. I'm sure I will, eventually..... but I just still have a really bad taste in my mouth from the crap they fed us in S6.
this post still accurate?

There was no bigger fan of the Sopranos then me 6 years ago.
I'll take issue with that. :rolleyes: If I told you how many times I've seen each episode, you'd have me committed.

But to say that I am now disapointed is an understatement.
I think most people agree with you. The first two seasons were epic. They are still the ones I watch the most, by far. Seasons 3 and 4 were "okay" upon further review ( didn't like them much at all at first), and the show made a strong comeback in season 5, thanks to the additions of Steve Buschemi (Tony B.) and Frank Vincent (Phil Leotardo), and the increased presence of the wonderful Vince Curatola (Johnny Sac).

words cannot explain how excited I am.

any of these episodes longer than an hour? thought I heard a few would be.

Based on storyline alone, these look like the gems of the early season:

The premiere of “Cleaver” gets Tony thinking about his relationship with Christopher; Johnny Sack absorbs more bad news in prison; Phil analyzes his family history; Silvio's dinner with Gerry is rudely interrupted.

With the heat turned up in Jersey, Tony and Paulie head south to cool off. Meanwhile, Junior rekindles some of his old fire in a poker game.
I hate the Tony Dies end of the story. The whole show seems based around Tony lucking out of trouble and always surviving. Plus, kill Tony and you foreclose a major motion picture and some real dollar bills. Plenty of series' ended with the main character not dead.
When you sit down and think about it, they spent half a ####### season showing us Furio's pathetic high-school-puppy-dog crush on Carmella. Maybe Chase had a payoff in mind down the road.
And not show Furio? My understanding was that "we will never see Furio ever again."On the ending, I would almost guarantee no spoilers - that must be one of the most well kept secrets ever.

RAIDERNATION said:
Sabertooth said:
Yeah, they really need to wrap this up. It's looking like Jerry Rice's stint in Seattle at this point. How the mighty have fallen.
S6 soured me so badly on this show that I couldn't care less if they come back or not. :rolleyes:

I used to watch 2 or 3 episodes on DVD every day before S6. Now, I rarely watch even S1-5 anymore. I'm sure I will, eventually..... but I just still have a really bad taste in my mouth from the crap they fed us in S6.
this post still accurate?
The first part, obviously not. The second part? Yes. :pickle: You have to understand, I'm on the computer for work or leisure about ten hours a day. Something has to be on the television next to me. I always look for something good on Directv... don't end up finding anything... put in a Sopranos disc. It's gotten to the point where I know just about every line in every episode. I'm not typing that proudly, I assure you. Just stating a fact.

I'll take issue with that. :pickle: If I told you how many times I've seen each episode, you'd have me committed.

I think most people agree with you. The first two seasons were epic. They are still the ones I watch the most, by far. Seasons 3 and 4 were "okay" upon further review ( didn't like them much at all at first), and the show made a strong comeback in season 5, thanks to the additions of Steve Buschemi (Tony B.) and Frank Vincent (Phil Leotardo), and the increased presence of the wonderful Vince Curatola (Johnny Sac).
:rolleyes: (especially finally coming around to the season 4 was not "up to snuff" line of thought)

OTOH, I really liked season three once Richie Aprile came around.

I liked season four. I'll defend it proudly.

1 and 2 were the real crown jewels, with 5 right behind it. 3 and 4 were very good as well, with only that four to five (the Vito stories) episode stretch in season 6A really letting me down. But I thought the first three episodes of that particular season were fantastic.

To each their own though. I think once people realize that Chase had a logical conclusion to the storyline but HBO threw a ton of money at him to expand it and create more episodes, they'll realize why some of the arcs went a little off base, so to speak.

I liked season four. I'll defend it proudly.1 and 2 were the real crown jewels, with 5 right behind it. 3 and 4 were very good as well, with only that four to five (the Vito stories) episode stretch in season 6A really letting me down. But I thought the first three episodes of that particular season were fantastic.To each their own though. I think once people realize that Chase had a logical conclusion to the storyline but HBO threw a ton of money at him to expand it and create more episodes, they'll realize why some of the arcs went a little off base, so to speak.
In defense of six, the Vito death episode's been on HBO this week, and I thought that episode was tremendous - it's also the one where Carm goes to Paris.Some real insight into Tony's, AJ's, and Carm's personalities. Might help that I saw it on HBOW after I watched Big Love on HBOE

I liked season four. I'll defend it proudly.1 and 2 were the real crown jewels, with 5 right behind it. 3 and 4 were very good as well, with only that four to five (the Vito stories) episode stretch in season 6A really letting me down. But I thought the first three episodes of that particular season were fantastic.To each their own though. I think once people realize that Chase had a logical conclusion to the storyline but HBO threw a ton of money at him to expand it and create more episodes, they'll realize why some of the arcs went a little off base, so to speak.
In defense of six, the Vito death episode's been on HBO this week, and I thought that episode was tremendous - it's also the one where Carm goes to Paris.Some real insight into Tony's, AJ's, and Carm's personalities. Might help that I saw it on HBOW after I watched Big Love on HBOE
yea I thought those were fine -- all the Vito away in Maine (or whereever) scenes really kind of slowed it down for me, upon further review. rest of the year was fine for me.

1 and 2 were the real crown jewels, with 5 right behind it. 3 and 4 were very good as well, with only that four to five (the Vito stories) episode stretch in season 6A really letting me down.
That's really interesting.The Vito storyline was the one story in 6A that I really enjoyed. If you get past the extreme gayness with which they hit us over the head ("I love YOU, Johnny Cakes"... and the spooning in bed, etc. :unsure: ), the episodes where he was on the run in New England were pretty good. Like when he was driving back to Jersey, for instance. He slams into the back of the guy's car, then shoots him in the back of the head as they walk back to his place.

I dunno.... I thought they did some nice things with that story.

Except for the moment Paulie got T out of the coma, I didn't care for the first several eps of 6A.

I'll take issue with that. :unsure: If I told you how many times I've seen each episode, you'd have me committed.

Well, considering that I moved on to two other shows as favorites (only to have HBO cancel them as well) makes you a bigger fan then I.I can apreciate that they didn't want to turn the show into one "grand theft auto" style episode after another, but chase took the whole series in a rather soft direction after season two. I mean it got to a point in S6 that my buddies and I would only watch to see what Vito and Johnny Cakes were going to do next. I mean thats not what a good show is about.

1 and 2 were the real crown jewels, with 5 right behind it. 3 and 4 were very good as well, with only that four to five (the Vito stories) episode stretch in season 6A really letting me down.
That's really interesting.The Vito storyline was the one story in 6A that I really enjoyed. If you get past the extreme gayness with which they hit us over the head ("I love YOU, Johnny Cakes"... and the spooing in bed, etc. :unsure: ), the episodes where he was on the run in New Hampshire were pretty good. Like when he was driving back to Jersey, for instance. He slams into the back of the guy's car, then shoots him in the back of the head as they walk back to his place.

I dunno.... I thought they did some nice things with that story.

Except for the moment Paulie got T out of the coma, I didn't care for the first several eps of 6A.
Seemed to me like they just really drug it out. Nothing else really was going on in the story either, so everything just seemed to be simmering. No big deal, just not episodes I'm dying to see again.I thought episode two of season six was one of their best in recent years. Tony sitting on the bed at the end with that music playing was awesome.

I'll take issue with that. :unsure: If I told you how many times I've seen each episode, you'd have me committed.

Well, considering that I moved on to two other shows as favorites (only to have HBO cancel them as well) makes you a bigger fan then I.Vito and Johnny Cakes were going to do next. I mean thats not what a good show is about.
Which two are those? Carnivale and Deadwood?I think they are still moving forward with the 4-episode Deadwood conclusion.

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

I can't wait until Sunday!!!!!

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

I thought episode two of season six was one of their best in recent years. Tony sitting on the bed at the end with that music playing was awesome.
:unsure:The whole coma episode was tremendous for me - almost as good as the dream episodes.David Chase is what happened when David Lynch screwed Mario Puzo. The dream/coma sequences are gold if you like to psycho-analyze Tony's head - which is, IMO, a decent percentage of what the first two seasons was all about.

I guess if you really want to nerd it up, we can make our predictions here on how it ends -- started this in the old thread.

I really think Christafuh kills Tony and then pulls the gun on himself, after his GF miscarries or something dramatic happens in his life. He ends up on a drug binge, thinks back to Adrianna, bad times with Tony and makes a big mistake.

My one and only hope is that they put a bow on this thing. If they decide to drag it out into a movie finale, I'll be disappointed. We've been watching faithfully on HBO for a while now, give us a conclusion.

I'll take issue with that. :hifive: If I told you how many times I've seen each episode, you'd have me committed.

Well, considering that I moved on to two other shows as favorites (only to have HBO cancel them as well) makes you a bigger fan then I.Vito and Johnny Cakes were going to do next. I mean thats not what a good show is about.
Which two are those? Carnivale and Deadwood?I think they are still moving forward with the 4-episode Deadwood conclusion.
Sorry - post two. Deadwood and Rome.Last I heard on deadwood was two movies? Have a link or more info?

Based on storyline alone, these look like the gems of the early season:

The premiere of “Cleaver” gets Tony thinking about his relationship with Christopher.
As you can see, Christopher finally gets his movie made. And did you hear who stars in it? After Sir Ben Kingsley turned them down, they ended up with the next-best thing........DANIEL BALDWIN

:hifive:

Kingsley:Baldwin :: Tomlinson:Dayne

One more week to wait before the final nine episodes begin. Let's hope they get back to the same excellent storylines, writing and intensity as seasons 1 & 2. Hell, I'll settle for it being as good as season 5.

Let's get it on!!! :hifive:

Episode #1 (4/8/07) -- "Soprano Home Movies"

As the sixth and final season resumes, Tony has a brush with the law before a rowdy 47th birthday celebration with Carmela, Bobby and Janice at a rural retreat in the Adirondacks.

The premiere of “Cleaver” gets Tony thinking about his relationship with Christopher; Johnny Sack absorbs more bad news in prison; Phil analyzes his family history; Silvio's dinner with Gerry is rudely interrupted.

Episode #4 (4/29/07) -- "Chasing It"

Tony hits an unlucky stretch; AJ makes a life-changing decision; Vito's widow Marie turns to Tony for help with her troubled son.

Episode #5 (5/6/07) -- "Walk Like a Man"

Description not yet available.

Episode #6 (5/13/07) -- "Kennedy and Heidi"

Episode #7 (5/20/07) -- "The Second Coming"

Episode #8 (6/03/07) -- "The Blue Comet"

(Note: The two week gap between episodes 7 & 8 is to observe Memorial Day)

Episode #9 (6/10/07) -- "SERIES FINALE!"

The Final Episode of The Sopranos Final Season. Written and directed by David Chase.

=================================

Trailer for the final season (following a brief advertisement)

Two minute video detailing the main characters who died on the show

Wikipedia's list of deaths on The Sopranos

Top 10 moments on The Sopranos -- (Article)

UNCONFIRMED SPOILERS! -- View at your own risk. Please don't copy them here.

Lastly, the most interesting prediction I've read (not a spoiler -- just a prediction) was from an author who did a story this month on The Sopranos for Cigar Aficionado magazine. He thinks that David Chase will definitely not leave a "So what happens to Tony in the future?" loose end. He predicts that Tony will piss off Carmella one last time, prompting Carm to shoot and kill him. Carm then takes whatever of T's money she can get her hands on, and flies to Naples to live happily ever after with Furio.

Hey, it makes as much sense as any other possible conclusion I've heard... ;)

When you sit down and think about it, they spent half a ####### season showing us Furio's pathetic high-school-puppy-dog crush on Carmella. Maybe Chase had a payoff in mind down the road.
I thought I read somewhere that Chase said there was no way in hell Furio was going to step out of the bushes, kill Tony and whisk Carm off into the sunset. That for all intents and purposes...the Furio storyline was dead.

I'll take issue with that. :hifive: If I told you how many times I've seen each episode, you'd have me committed.

Sorry - post two. Deadwood and Rome.Last I heard on deadwood was two movies? Have a link or more info?
Nope, your "last I heard" appears to trump mine - at least based on the last news releases from the site and from Wikipedia. Looks like Milch and HBO can't get to agreement.

I thought I read somewhere that Chase said there was no way in hell Furio was going to step out of the bushes, kill Tony and whisk Carm off into the sunset. That for all intents and purposes...the Furio storyline was dead.
Anyway, the "Lancelot" storyline they were playing lends itself to Furio somehow saving Tony.

I guess if you really want to nerd it up, we can make our predictions here on how it ends -- started this in the old thread. I really think Christafuh kills Tony and then pulls the gun on himself, after his GF miscarries or something dramatic happens in his life. He ends up on a drug binge, thinks back to Adrianna, bad times with Tony and makes a big mistake.
I'm gonna have to think on this one for a day or two -- haven't even pondered it yet.Good luck getting inside Chase's dome. He dreamed up Tony almost getting road head from Ade, Paulie's mother actually being his aunt, ANYONE (let alone three made men who hang out in a strip joint all day) wanting to screw Janice, and thinking that Vincent Pastore could act.

Episode #9 (6/10/07) -- "Going Home"Some unexpected visitors arrive at the Soprano household
:mellow:
Assemblyman Zellman with a gun! :o
I think that the gardeners son ( the one who had to go to work for his dad because Feech broke his arm and stole his routes and then Tony made him do extra work for free) is going to shoot Tony out by the pool for ruining his fathers life.

RAIDERNATION said:
Episode #9 (6/10/07) -- "Going Home"Some unexpected visitors arrive at the Soprano household
:mellow:
I think that the gardeners son ( the one who had to go to work for his dad because Feech broke his arm and stole his routes and then Tony made him do extra work for free) is going to shoot Tony out by the pool for ruining his fathers life.
Sal Vitro? Did they actually say that was his son?I remember Paulie saying "That's MY middle name" to the kid.
Yeah it was right after Feech broke his arm and Sal was forced to work on the Sacamoni's house for free. I remember it being his son because someone ( I believe Carm) had made the comment that he had to leave school.

RAIDERNATION said:
RAIDERNATION said:
:confused:
Sal Vitro? Did they actually say that was his son?I remember Paulie saying "That's MY middle name" to the kid.
Yeah it was right after Feech broke his arm and Sal was forced to work on the Sacamoni's house for free. I remember it being his son because someone ( I believe Carm) had made the comment that he had to leave school.
Ok, cool. :thumbup: I'm watching the eppy from the start right now. I'm sure it'll come up.
Around 24 minutes in Paulie drinking tea with Aunt Mary....

RAIDERNATION said:
RAIDERNATION said:
:confused:
Ok, cool. :thumbup: I'm watching the eppy from the start right now. I'm sure it'll come up.
Around 24 minutes in Paulie drinking tea with Aunt Mary....
Yep.Aunt Mary: "Such a sin. He fired his Spanish helper. Took his son out of college. Couldn't afford it anymore."

I was kinda hoping RN might use this thread to finally reveal who his favorite character that's been killed off is.

:shrug:
Nah, it'll be the cop that he got fired who had to go work at "Fountains Of Wayne" to pay his bills. I think we've all known that was a plotline that needed tying up. Oh, and the Russians will help him.

I was kinda hoping RN might use this thread to finally reveal who his favorite character that's been killed off is.
Hi Shreks,I propose a truce. Let's complete the next 40 pages of this thread without your extreme bitterness and condescension shining through, and I'll promise to ignore you for the rest of my life after the final episode.

TIA

Hi Shreks,I propose a truce. Let's complete the next 40 pages of this thread without your extreme bitterness and condescension shining through, and I'll promise to ignore you for the rest of my life after the final episode.

TIA
Extreme bitterness? :confused: :shrug: Nothing on the internet is worth getting that emotional about. I'm sorry if you are a little thin-skinned, but I was honestly just ribbing you. Of course anyone who reads any Sopranos threads around here already knows that you have said about 300 times that Richie was your favorite character that got bumped off. <-------*****OH- SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER WATCHED THE SOPRANOS**** Hell, he was probably mine, too. If you want to ignore me, go ahead. I am just as excited about the final episodes as any other Sopranos fan. It was nice of you to put the episode guide in the first post of this thread. But as far as the rest goes, lighten up Francis.

N.Y. Shreks said:
RAIDERNATION said:
N.Y. Shreks said:

TIA
Extreme bitterness? :wub: :lmao: Nothing on the internet is worth getting that emotional about. I'm sorry if you are a little thin-skinned, but I was honestly just ribbing you. Of course anyone who reads any Sopranos threads around here already knows that you have said about 300 times that Richie was your favorite character that got bumped off. <-------*****OH- SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER WATCHED THE SOPRANOS**** Hell, he was probably mine, too. If you want to ignore me, go ahead. I am just as excited about the final episodes as any other Sopranos fan. It was nice of you to put the episode guide in the first post of this thread. But as far as the rest goes, lighten up Francis.
Consider me "lightened" GB. :rant: I guess you're one of those people who make the kind of innocuous comments which can be construed incorrectly. I'm sure we'll still butt heads in here again though. Offering up dissenting viewpoints is one of the things that is fun about this particular show. Enjoy the final season.

:thumbdown:

Just sent out the email invites for the Soprano's Watch Party this morning. Full italian dinner and all.

I saw that CAO has some Sopranos edition cigars. $20 a stick. Anyone tried them? I'm considering getting one for a post-premier episode smoke on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread