What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (10 Viewers)

Pretty good dude. We've been chatting for the last several minutes. He shares my disdain for Francesa, is watching the videos I made, and said "Ahhhh, I've been there many times" when I told him to come up to Federal Hill for great Italian food. I'm gonna propose.
What videos?
Francesa videos... nothing to do with The Sopranos. Not sure if you know who he is, but everyone in NY/NJ loves or hates him.

JFC...Did this Fresca guy kill your dog or something?
If you don't already know some of the history, it's too much to explain. Cliffs: He's a know-it-all-blowhard bully and I love pointing that out.

If I had you watch just one short clip which encapsulates everything about him, it's this one.

Bully the kind elderly gentleman, then cut off the next guy who calls him on it. Typical.

JFC...Did this Fresca guy kill your dog or something?
If you don't already know some of the history, it's too much to explain. Cliffs: He's a know-it-all-blowhard bully and I love pointing that out.

If I had you watch just one short clip which encapsulates everything about him, it's this one.

Bully the kind elderly gentleman, then cut off the next guy who calls him on it. Typical.
Total ########.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched every second of season 3 again. Nothing tops 2, but 3 is better than I remembered.

Employee of the Month, Mustang Sally, Tracee, Dr Kennedy (you gotta bee on you hat), Pine Barrens Gloria, the entire Jackie Jr arc, Crazy Horse

Highlight of the entire season is Junior dreaming "Soprano wins freedom, indicts nephew - star witness weds Angie Dickinson", followed by AJ giving Carmella The Matrix for her birthday.

I find it funny that all the Sopranos have the secks with their clothes on. I know why they do it in real life but I like to think it is part of the soprano craziness. Even Meadow does the secks with clothes on. Weird.

I do love 3 but I couldnt put it above 1 or 2. And the 2nd half of season 5 is damn strong as well.

3 is the most underrated season.....IMO, right below 2 in terms of the best....
3 is dragged down every so slightly by having two weaker episode back-to-back (The Telltale Moozadell and ...To Save Us All From Satan's Power). The rest of that season is totally awesome, however. Second Opinion, Pine Barrens and Another Toothpick are all among my favorite episodes of the show.

Did you really want to see Tony's fat, hairy ### humping away?
not his and not janice, maybe carmella, definitely meadow. Obviously it was the actors choice but it makes some sort of statement if these depraved people can't get naked during sex.
When did Meadow ever have a sex scene where she was clothed? I am trying to remember her having any sex scene. The only thing I can remember is her first time with Noah, which merely did a major close-up on her face as the moment was approaching.

Valentina: This is how you leave me, when I'm almost burned to death cooking you a ####### snack?

Tony: Come on, you could've just as easily been making yourself something to eat.

Vaneltina: I'm gonna ####### kill myself!

Tony: [phone ringing] I gotta take this.

The best part about that sequence is when Tony is telling Tony B. about what happened, and says, "And I was just about to break up with her! Why does this #### always happen to me?!" :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: The look Tony B. gives him in response to that is priceless, too.

I've started re-watching the series again. So far the only thing that makes me reach for the fast forward is anything involving Anthony or Meadow. Such dead weight, plot-wise.

I've started re-watching the series again. So far the only thing that makes me reach for the fast forward is anything involving Anthony or Meadow. Such dead weight, plot-wise.
I'm watching it for the first time and I agree. Meadow whines all the time. Even complains about taking 12 credit hours two semesters in a row. Granted I didn't go to Columbia, but 12 Credit hours is only 3 classes, maybe 4 if two are blow-off classes. At least she looks good.

Anthony Jr. It would have been "jumping the shark" a bit, but if they had him mauled to death by the bear I'd have let it slide.

I'm watching it for the first time and I agree. Meadow whines all the time. Even complains about taking 12 credit hours two semesters in a row. Granted I didn't go to Columbia, but 12 Credit hours is only 3 classes, maybe 4 if two are blow-off classes. At least she looks good.

Anthony Jr. It would have been "jumping the shark" a bit, but if they had him mauled to death by the bear I'd have let it slide.
it's almost like her character is supposed to be entitled or something.

I just finished the series from start to finish (for the first time). My wife and I got the Amazon Fire Stick and the Sopranos was the first series we watched through Prime.

I have since been reading the comments here in FFA and on the season threads. It's fun.

It's a great show, with amazing acting and tremendous writing. There were a few not-great episodes but I don't understand the hate for season 4 and certainly not for 6. I don't think the quality ever really dropped. Yes, I could have done without the Gay Vito stuff.

Great lines, hilarious lines, throughout.

Janice: "Uncle Jun, Bobby's Dead."

Junior: "Ambassador Hotel."

I fast forward through all the melfi and tony scenes. Whenever he decides he's not going I cheer knowing there won't be any more of those scenes for a long time.

On my first run through the series, up to S6E14. Great show, horrible thread (at least the first 5 pages), some of you guys can turn anything to ####.

Was there a greater era in TV history than the early-mid 2000's? Hard to believe The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, Deadwood, and Six Feet Under were on at the same time.

On my first run through the series, up to S6E14. Great show, horrible thread (at least the first 5 pages), some of you guys can turn anything to ####.

Was there a greater era in TV history than the early-mid 2000's? Hard to believe The Sopranos, The Shield, The Wire, Deadwood, and Six Feet Under were on at the same time.
Deadwood came about a bit later, but otherwise yeah, it was a great era. Don't forget Lost (even though it went down the ####ter). Alias was also a guilty pleasure.

These recaps are always entertaining.

Tony has had so many funny lines but I think this one stood out the most to me:

"He could technically not have penissary contact with her volvo" :cry:

About 6 episodes left. I think binge watching the series gives a different feel to it. I thought S1 & S2 were slow, mid S3 through S4 were the best, S5 & S6a were the worst, and S6b is finishing steady. I started this right after watching The Shield so that may have influenced my S1 & S2 experience, everything is going to seem slow after watching Vic and the Strike Team #### #### up for 80 hours. I have a feeling that Sopranos will only get better on repeat viewings.

Things I hope to see in the final 6 hours: Meadow gets on stage at the Bing, the Russian makes an appearance, Tony murders the rapist, Janice and AJ go into Witness Protection, Tony fidgeting in the chair in Melfi's office, Junior going out like a gangster, a dream by someone involving Adriana in a thong, and one last meal at Vesuvios. Unfortunately the final scene was spoiled for me years ago, but I am still looking forward to seeing how they get from here to th.......

I thought S1 & S2 were slow, mid S3 through S4 were the best, S5 & S6a were the worst, and S6b is finishing steady.
Interesting,

For me, 1 and 2 were by far the best.

3 was fantastic, despite a couple of hiccups (the two episodes preceding Pine Barrens).

4 had some awesome episodes, but some major clunkers as well, not to mention that dumb Furio storyline.

5 is mostly great, with In Camelot standing out as awful. Still the 3rd best overall season (after 1 and 2).

6a was good.

6b is a little better than 6a, although it just had such a different feel from the rest of the series. It was much darker.

Wow I think that's the first time I've heard anything negative about the first two seasons.

How can you think Richie ####in Aprile is slow???

Brady Marino said:
chauncey said:

Deadwood came about a bit later, but otherwise yeah, it was a great era. Don't forget Lost (even though it went down the ####ter). Alias was also a guilty pleasure.
Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones combo is pretty strong.

Brady Marino said:
chauncey said:

Breaking Bad, Mad Men, and Game of Thrones combo is pretty strong.
And Boardwalk Empire

Wow I think that's the first time I've heard anything negative about the first two seasons.

How can you think Richie ####in Aprile is slow???
Like I said, I was coming off of a Shield marathon, anything would have seemed slow. No doubt I will change my mind on second viewing.

Happy Belated Columbus Day!

ETA: NSFW

Having just re-watched this, I had forgotten just how slow/boring the dream/coma episodes were. Felt like the 'real' writers took a break and let a college student write those episodes.

Users who are viewing this thread