What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (2 Viewers)

maybe fishing here, but does Chrissy take out melfi because tony told her things....just like tony had to take out Ade?I always had the feeling that Tony had a better connection to melfi, than Carm.Chris obviously still is hurting from Tony having to whack Adriana
What ever happened to the chick cop who got Adriana to turn? I can't remember now.
She went to Criminal Minds before she left that show last year.

maybe fishing here, but does Chrissy take out melfi because tony told her things....just like tony had to take out Ade?I always had the feeling that Tony had a better connection to melfi, than Carm.Chris obviously still is hurting from Tony having to whack Adriana
What ever happened to the chick cop who got Adriana to turn? I can't remember now.
Nothing. Adriana just failed to show back up and that was the end of it.BTW that chick was hawt. :thumbup:

What about Chief Frank Cubitoso, the FBI guy who was always behind the operation to try and nail Tony? He hasn't been seen since the "Long Term Parking" episode.

Also, I watched this past week's episode again, and another observation is Christopher is noticing that Bobby has usurped him as Tony's closest confidant as far as "real" family members go (Bobby being his brother-in-law). At the BBQ, Tony and Bobby were talking. Chris made a comment to Tony, who sort of blew him off and kept talking quietly with Bobby. Chris did not look happy with that. And later when Chris came to complain about Paulie, Bobby said, "What happened?" Chris kind of gave him a weird look before looking back to Tony to tell him what Little Paulie had done.
Is this a typo or a new word I didn't know??!?

I still wonder what the point was of the extended dream sequence when Tony was in a coma. Ya know, when his name was Kevin Finnerty. Anyone?
there was no point, just a filler episode
It's posts like this that make me think I'm watching an entirely different series than many people. The dream episodes were all about getting into Tony's head. About his conflict with the road he has chosen and what might have been. It's a big portion of the show IMO. I know many people prefer to just watch the action, this to me is what has differentiated Sopranos over the years. It's about more than just the action.
:thumbup:There was pages of discussion on the dream episode in the first half of the season 6 thread
oops :X

Also, I watched this past week's episode again, and another observation is Christopher is noticing that Bobby has usurped him as Tony's closest confidant as far as "real" family members go (Bobby being his brother-in-law). At the BBQ, Tony and Bobby were talking. Chris made a comment to Tony, who sort of blew him off and kept talking quietly with Bobby. Chris did not look happy with that. And later when Chris came to complain about Paulie, Bobby said, "What happened?" Chris kind of gave him a weird look before looking back to Tony to tell him what Little Paulie had done.
Is this a typo or a new word I didn't know??!?
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/usurp :eek:

No mention of the blatant Lexapro commercial in the middle of the episode?

AJ gets dumped.

AJ is severely suicidal.

AJ sees a shrink.

Shrink prescribes Lexapro.

AJ has friends on Lexapro.

AJ takes Lexapro for a week.

AJ pulls out of his depression.

AJ is now a normal family man.

I just want to know how much was paid to HBO.

Last edited by a moderator:
No mention of the blatant Lexapro commercial in the middle of the episode?AJ gets dumped.AJ is severely suicidal.AJ sees a shrink.Shrink prescribes Lexapro.AJ has friends on Lexapro.AJ takes Lexapro for a week.AJ pulls out of his depression.AJ is now a normal family man.I just want to know how much was paid to HBO.
Sopranos doesn't take payments from any companies for advertising in their show. That's why you see all sorts of real brand stuff in their episodes.

Wheelhouse said:
The look on AJ's face shows he will clearly fill the void of depression with violent aggression - like Daddy like Son. The discussion of the rift between Chris and Tony and the growing unsettled rift between Cjhris and Paulie is gonna come to some kind of head b4 the series ends.IMO, Tony will not be dead at the end of the series, but he might be very very alone (either in jail or w/o any of his closest mafia people). I could see an end where Tony realize salvation is his family and not his mob family after, say, AJ dies.
I can see something like that happening. Tony told Melfi that this was his last time visiting her. You know that's not going to happen. The show won't end without at least one more solid Melfi session that helps Tony realize what he needs to do, whatever that may be.
Tony told Melfi he was going there (to therapy) to quit, he had it all planned out, but now his son is talking suicide, so he is trapped there forever.

No mention of the blatant Lexapro commercial in the middle of the episode?AJ gets dumped.AJ is severely suicidal.AJ sees a shrink.Shrink prescribes Lexapro.AJ has friends on Lexapro.AJ takes Lexapro for a week.AJ pulls out of his depression.AJ is now a normal family man.I just want to know how much was paid to HBO.
I think most of us are busy actually enjoying the show.

Sopranos doesn't take payments from any companies for advertising in their show. That's why you see all sorts of real brand stuff in their episodes.
Huh?
Most shows take money from companies and then don't advertise their products. Little know fact: Budweiser paid millions for the generic beer used in Married With Children. On a related note, Kellogs also paid big bucks for Bill Watterson to use Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs .Crazy, but true.

Wheelhouse said:
The look on AJ's face shows he will clearly fill the void of depression with violent aggression - like Daddy like Son. The discussion of the rift between Chris and Tony and the growing unsettled rift between Cjhris and Paulie is gonna come to some kind of head b4 the series ends.IMO, Tony will not be dead at the end of the series, but he might be very very alone (either in jail or w/o any of his closest mafia people). I could see an end where Tony realize salvation is his family and not his mob family after, say, AJ dies.
I can see something like that happening. Tony told Melfi that this was his last time visiting her.
He said he planned on it being his last time visiting her but then the stuff with his son made him realize he needs to keep seeing her.

I still wonder what the point was of the extended dream sequence when Tony was in a coma. Ya know, when his name was Kevin Finnerty. Anyone?
there was no point, just a filler episode
It's posts like this that make me think I'm watching an entirely different series than many people. The dream episodes were all about getting into Tony's head. About his conflict with the road he has chosen and what might have been. It's a big portion of the show IMO. I know many people prefer to just watch the action, this to me is what has differentiated Sopranos over the years. It's about more than just the action.
:confused:Complete agreement - some folks simply don't like that part of the show, but that part of the show is clearly something Chase feels is extremely important.

badger said:
so if the feds (probably) know that he's seeing Melfi, why haven't they squeezed her for info?
Psych-Patient privilege.Unless he is discussing future injury to a specific person, she has no obligation to talk to them and has an ethical obligation not to talk to them.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20038366_3,00.html

And then there was Bobby Bacala, enlisted to help rescue Christopher and Paulie, who reports for duty in full Elmer Fudd?like hunting regalia.

STEVE SCHIRRIPA, BOBBY: We shot that scene at about seven in the morning and Jim had already seen my outfit. So I was thinking, How in the world am I going to make Jim laugh here? Nothing is funny at 7 A.M. So I went to the prop guy, Anthony, and I got him to give me an assortment of dildos and a dreadlock wig.When they were doing Jim's reaction shot — I was off-camera — I came out with this wig on my head and a two-and-a-half-foot dildo swinging out of my pants. Jim almost fell over. If you look, you can see Dominic [Chianese] almost smile, but he doesn't break character. Of course, I never asked why props had all these ##### lying around.

I'm going to get that book, but this does scare me:

CHASE: They shot a guy.Who knows where he went? Who cares about some Russian? This is what Hollywood has done to America. Do you have to have closure on every little thing? Isn't there any mystery in the world? It's a murky world out there. It's a murky life these guys lead.
:ph34r:

CHASE: They shot a guy.Who knows where he went? Who cares about some Russian? This is what Hollywood has done to America. Do you have to have closure on every little thing? Isn't there any mystery in the world? It's a murky world out there. It's a murky life these guys lead.
:hey:
I agree that this does not sound good. I can understand that they don't need closure on every little thing, but shooting a russian who was friends with one of Tony business people is a pretty big deal. We will never get that closure.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20038366_3,00.html

And then there was Bobby Bacala, enlisted to help rescue Christopher and Paulie, who reports for duty in full Elmer Fudd?like hunting regalia.

STEVE SCHIRRIPA, BOBBY: We shot that scene at about seven in the morning and Jim had already seen my outfit. So I was thinking, How in the world am I going to make Jim laugh here? Nothing is funny at 7 A.M. So I went to the prop guy, Anthony, and I got him to give me an assortment of dildos and a dreadlock wig.When they were doing Jim's reaction shot — I was off-camera — I came out with this wig on my head and a two-and-a-half-foot dildo swinging out of my pants. Jim almost fell over. If you look, you can see Dominic [Chianese] almost smile, but he doesn't break character. Of course, I never asked why props had all these ##### lying around.

I agree that this does not sound good. I can understand that they don't need closure on every little thing, but shooting a russian who was friends with one of Tony business people is a pretty big deal. We will never get that closure.
I don't even care about that anymore, I'm talking about him not giving us some sort of conclusion to the finale.

:D
I don't even care about that anymore, I'm talking about him not giving us some sort of conclusion to the finale.
:shrug: I took that as the meaning of your :banned:

I fear (and expect) the lack of closure in the finale.

ETA: I have always thought of the Sopranos as a "day in the life of tony" show, and I could see it ending with just another "day in the life of tony." He lives, he doesn't go to prison, he doesn't lose his power, he doesn't lose any of his real family. He might lose some mafia confidants - he might get in trouble - he squeaks out of all of it. The last scene is Tony picking up the newspaper off his front yard and giving the feds camped across the street the finger. Series over.

:shrug:
That was just an example of something major he didn't clear up. Your concerns could be valid.

Huh?
Most shows take money from companies and then don't advertise their products. Little know fact: Budweiser paid millions for the generic beer used in Married With Children. On a related note, Kellogs also paid big bucks for Bill Watterson to use Chocolate Frosted Sugar Bombs .Crazy, but true.
I've worked product placement and clearance from the show side, that's not exactly how it works. Not sure how Sopranos does it, but if they're not taking money then they have to clear the real names and logos anyway. So if Kellogg's doesn't want to pay to have their cereal box on the show, Chase Productions still has to get them to sign off and get permission to show Tony pouring their cereal, or else they could sue Chase & HBO for defamation.

Huh?
I've worked product placement and clearance from the show side, that's not exactly how it works. Not sure how Sopranos does it, but if they're not taking money then they have to clear the real names and logos anyway. So if Kellogg's doesn't want to pay to have their cereal box on the show, Chase Productions still has to get them to sign off and get permission to show Tony pouring their cereal, or else they could sue Chase & HBO for defamation.
:no:

Huh? Did I misunderstand what you wrote?

TV shows can't show or mention a brand name without express written consent is all. Nor any real name--a person, a school, whatever. When "Suddenly Susan" was on NBC they had to get express permission from the owners of the Flatiron Building in NYC to show shots of the building on the series, to imply that that's where the show took place. The school that the kids attended in "Traffic" was named after a real school and they didn't get permission--and lost millions in a lawsuit.

The Russian not coming back kills the finish I was looking for.

Setting: Outdoor BBQ at Tony's house.

The Ruskie walks calmly into the backyard with a machine gun. Opens fire, killing everyone. Tony, Carmella, Chris, Paulie, Artie, Chamaine.... EVERYONE! Why deny me seeing Janice get mowed down!

;)

TV shows can't show or mention a brand name without express written consent is all. Nor any real name--a person, a school, whatever. When "Suddenly Susan" was on NBC they had to get express permission from the owners of the Flatiron Building in NYC to show shots of the building on the series, to imply that that's where the show took place. The school that the kids attended in "Traffic" was named after a real school and they didn't get permission--and lost millions in a lawsuit.
Millions? :goodposting:

Not that I miss him or his storylines, but is Artie done? I don't think we've seen him in these 5 episodes. Kinda strange after they gave him a lot of time in 6a.

Not that I miss him or his storylines, but is Artie done? I don't think we've seen him in these 5 episodes. Kinda strange after they gave him a lot of time in 6a.
He'll definitely be back. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, a buddy of mine met him at a screening of (I believe) the third eppy this season, and John V. said he'd be featured later in the season.

Millions? :hot:
They also had to go through the expense of changing every shot the name appeared in and every line of dialogue it was spoken in when they released the home video/DVD version. Used to say "Cincinnati Country Day", now it's something generic that no real school is named.

He'll definitely be back. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, a buddy of mine met him at a screening of (I believe) the third eppy this season, and John V. said he'd be featured later in the season.
Tell me that's not what I think it is.

The Russian not coming back kills the finish I was looking for.

Setting: Outdoor BBQ at Tony's house.

The Ruskie walks calmly into the backyard with a machine gun. Opens fire, killing everyone. Tony, Carmella, Chris, Paulie, Artie, Chamaine.... EVERYONE! Why deny me seeing Janice get mowed down!

:goodposting:
A lot of the loose ends in the plot lines are addressed here: link

Watched 2 episodes (eppy's? :goodposting: ) in a row last night. This, on top of a few others of late.

I finally know why people talked about it so much...like 10 years later. :shrug:

That Edie chick sure can act. Felt sorry for Nancy Sinatra though, poor gal.

Christopher walked into a guy's house, shoots him in the head, and walks out without cleaning up. The guy appears pretty affluent and directly connected to Christopher. I'd be shocked if that was the end of that story. I suspect he gets nabbed for that murder and gets life or enters "the program", leading to an expidited demise of virtually the rest of the cast. He may get capped by the family if they discover the liability that he is about to become.
One would think, but I doubt it gets brought back up again. Was a sloppy kill though.
Looks like JT lives in a pretty high-end apartment building. Shouldn't Chris be on a security camera somewhere?Shouldn't Chris be freaking out and asking for help from Tony to dispose of the body, rather than taking the time to fix the bush in front of his house?

Huh? Did I misunderstand what you wrote? TV shows can't show or mention a brand name without express written consent is all. Nor any real name--a person, a school, whatever. When "Suddenly Susan" was on NBC they had to get express permission from the owners of the Flatiron Building in NYC to show shots of the building on the series, to imply that that's where the show took place. The school that the kids attended in "Traffic" was named after a real school and they didn't get permission--and lost millions in a lawsuit.
It was a joke. Start with Dexter Manley's confusing statement and go from there.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread I did not sign up for HBO this time around. I finally said enough I am not falling for this again.This is the first season of Sopranos I have missed. Having said that I am dying to know what has been going on. I have looked for synopsis but Have not found any I like. Maybe Raidernation has a link to good synopsis or even better maybe Raidernation can keep an ongoing summary in the first post of this thread? I cant really tell what is going on by reading this thread.

Thanks

As I mentioned earlier in this thread I did not sign up for HBO this time around. I finally said enough I am not falling for this again.This is the first season of Sopranos I have missed. Having said that I am dying to know what has been going on. I have looked for synopsis but Have not found any I like. Maybe Raidernation has a link to good synopsis or even better maybe Raidernation can keep an ongoing summary in the first post of this thread? I cant really tell what is going on by reading this thread.

Thanks
you're missing out bro.http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/episode/season6/episode82.shtml

start at #78, they'll walk you through it.

Thanks
you're missing out bro.http://www.hbo.com/sopranos/episode/season6/episode82.shtml

start at #78, they'll walk you through it.

Tony's done a lot of bad s**t but he has truly become a despicable character.

Uneven episode. The Tony/Chris stuff was great but the parallel with A.J. didn't do much for me. The matching wake scenes were great. Paulie getting no turnout at his except for the one old woman who went to both. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread