What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (6 Viewers)

N.Y. Shreks said:
RAIDERNATION said:
N.Y. Shreks said:
I was kinda hoping RN might use this thread to finally reveal who his favorite character that's been killed off is.
Hi Shreks,I propose a truce. Let's complete the next 40 pages of this thread without your extreme bitterness and condescension shining through, and I'll promise to ignore you for the rest of my life after the final episode.

TIA
Extreme bitterness? :rant: :lmao: Nothing on the internet is worth getting that emotional about. I'm sorry if you are a little thin-skinned, but I was honestly just ribbing you. Of course anyone who reads any Sopranos threads around here already knows that you have said about 300 times that Richie was your favorite character that got bumped off. <-------*****OH- SPOILER FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NEVER WATCHED THE SOPRANOS**** Hell, he was probably mine, too. If you want to ignore me, go ahead. I am just as excited about the final episodes as any other Sopranos fan. It was nice of you to put the episode guide in the first post of this thread. But as far as the rest goes, lighten up Francis.
Consider me "lightened" GB. :rant: I guess you're one of those people who make the kind of innocuous comments which can be construed incorrectly. I'm sure we'll still butt heads in here again though. Offering up dissenting viewpoints is one of the things that is fun about this particular show. Enjoy the final season.
To me, this exchange is like the Sopranos: Started off great with the promise of more, made you wait way too long for the next installment, then soooo wasn't worth tuning back in.

:clap:Just sent out the email invites for the Soprano's Watch Party this morning. Full italian dinner and all.I saw that CAO has some Sopranos edition cigars. $20 a stick. Anyone tried them? I'm considering getting one for a post-premier episode smoke on Sunday.
Cool idea. :)

:popcorn:Just sent out the email invites for the Soprano's Watch Party this morning. Full italian dinner and all.I saw that CAO has some Sopranos edition cigars. $20 a stick. Anyone tried them? I'm considering getting one for a post-premier episode smoke on Sunday.
Cool idea. :angry:
My brother and I are going to suit up for this as well. It'll be the first time I put a suit on since my last job interview 3 years ago.

Sopranos Trivia

I tried #4, which covers seasons 1-3. It's pretty easy. I got 24 out of 25, and the only one I got wrong was the question about which movie Peter Bogdonovich (Melfi's shrink Elliot) directed. That's not really a "Sopranos" trivia question, but whatever... :rolleyes: If I could only find a live Sopranos trivia contest for big money somewhere, I could put my one useless talent to good use.

Sopranos Trivia

I tried #4, which covers seasons 1-3. It's pretty easy. I got 24 out of 25, and the only one I got wrong was the question about which movie Peter Bogdonovich (Melfi's shrink Elliot) directed. That's not really a "Sopranos" trivia question, but whatever... :rolleyes: If I could only find a live Sopranos trivia contest for big money somewhere, I could put my one useless talent to good use.
hmm..I didn't get that question -- did I do a different quiz?

I liked season four. I'll defend it proudly.1 and 2 were the real crown jewels, with 5 right behind it. 3 and 4 were very good as well, with only that four to five (the Vito stories) episode stretch in season 6A really letting me down. But I thought the first three episodes of that particular season were fantastic.To each their own though. I think once people realize that Chase had a logical conclusion to the storyline but HBO threw a ton of money at him to expand it and create more episodes, they'll realize why some of the arcs went a little off base, so to speak.
In defense of six, the Vito death episode's been on HBO this week, and I thought that episode was tremendous - it's also the one where Carm goes to Paris.Some real insight into Tony's, AJ's, and Carm's personalities. Might help that I saw it on HBOW after I watched Big Love on HBOE
Not a great season, but a good episode, for sure. Best scene: Carmela looks lovingly at a beautiful French sculpture. [CUT TO THE BADA BING WHERE THE SIGN IS BEING CLEANED]Silvio: "Be sure to clean that #### off her ###."

Question not about season 7, but what the hell:

In the scene where Melfi reveals to Elliott that her "patient" is Tony Soprano, Elliott says that he thought it might have been Little Auggie Aprile.

I am not aware of any other reference to him on the show, but you would think that he'd be pretty big if Elliott knew about him. Anyone?

Sopranos Trivia

I tried #4, which covers seasons 1-3. It's pretty easy. I got 24 out of 25, and the only one I got wrong was the question about which movie Peter Bogdonovich (Melfi's shrink Elliot) directed. That's not really a "Sopranos" trivia question.
Same here, but also missed the Vic Musto question, which I would put in the same category.

In the scene where Melfi reveals to Elliott that her "patient" is Tony Soprano, Elliott says that he thought it might have been Little Auggie Aprile.
Augustus "Little Auggie" Aprile

* Played by: Unseen Character

* Referenced in: "Employee of the Month"

A mob figure well known enough for Dr. Elliot Kupferberg to assume that Dr. Melfi was treating him when her real patient was Tony Soprano. It is not known whether he was related to the Aprile family of the DiMeo/Soprano crime family.

Sopranos Trivia

I tried #4, which covers seasons 1-3. It's pretty easy. I got 24 out of 25, and the only one I got wrong was the question about which movie Peter Bogdonovich (Melfi's shrink Elliot) directed. That's not really a "Sopranos" trivia question, but whatever... :goodposting: If I could only find a live Sopranos trivia contest for big money somewhere, I could put my one useless talent to good use.
20 out of 25 for me on that one.One of my misses was: Who killed Matthew Bevilaqua?

The site claims it was both. I asnwered just Tony.

Having coincidentally re-watched the episode last week, my impression was that Big #### held back for a sec or two. Tony's shots killed the kid. And only after Tony's prompting, did #### commence unloading into him, after the first deadly shots.

Nitpicky, RN? What's your take?

cjdavis said:
Sopranos Trivia

I tried #4, which covers seasons 1-3. It's pretty easy. I got 24 out of 25, and the only one I got wrong was the question about which movie Peter Bogdonovich (Melfi's shrink Elliot) directed. That's not really a "Sopranos" trivia question, but whatever... :confused: If I could only find a live Sopranos trivia contest for big money somewhere, I could put my one useless talent to good use.
20 out of 25 for me on that one.One of my misses was: Who killed Matthew Bevilaqua?

The site claims it was both. I asnwered just Tony.

Having coincidentally re-watched the episode last week, my impression was that Big #### held back for a sec or two. Tony's shots killed the kid. And only after Tony's prompting, did #### commence unloading into him, after the first deadly shots.

Nitpicky, RN? What's your take?
Technically, you were correct. But I understood what they were trying to ask. They both pumped lead into him. Perhaps the question should have read "Who pulled the trigger on Matthew Bevilaqua?"Oh, BTW..... that sugarless mother ####er is the last ####### drink you're ever gonna have!

Technically, you were correct. But I understood what they were trying to ask. They both pumped lead into him. Perhaps the question should have read "Who pulled the trigger on Matthew Bevilaqua?"Oh, BTW..... that sugarless mother ####er is the last ####### drink you're ever gonna have!
Isn't that actor in prison right now, charged with 1st degree murder?

Regarding one of the quiz questions: when did Ade mention that she had slept with Penn Jillette?I missed that completely.
Don't know the exact episode, but there was a time that Chris and Adrianna were laying in bed and talking about like their first sexual experiences, their craziest sexual experiences etc. Chris flipped out on her when she told him what she did.

Regarding one of the quiz questions: when did Ade mention that she had slept with Penn Jillette?I missed that completely.
Don't know the exact episode, but there was a time that Chris and Adrianna were laying in bed and talking about like their first sexual experiences, their craziest sexual experiences etc. Chris flipped out on her when she told him what she did.
She followed him into the men's room and gave him a BJ.

Technically, you were correct. But I understood what they were trying to ask. They both pumped lead into him. Perhaps the question should have read "Who pulled the trigger on Matthew Bevilaqua?"

Oh, BTW..... that sugarless mother ####er is the last ####### drink you're ever gonna have!
Isn't that actor in prison right now, charged with 1st degree murder?
Indeed. He also played teenaged "C" in A Bronx Tale.

Everything you need to know about The Sopranos. Worth a read if you have an hour.

DiMeo Crime Family

The DiMeo Organized Crime Family, (now known as the Soprano crime family) is a fictional mob family from the HBO series, The Sopranos. It is thought to be loosely based on the real New Jersey Mafia family, the DeCavalcante crime family.

The DiMeo crime family consist of an administration and six crews.

The DiMeo crime family is believed to have been formed in Northern New Jersey in the 1950's. Dominic Ercoli "Eckley" DiMeo is believed to have been the first Official Boss. Key members from the 1960s include brothers John Francis "Johnny Boy" Soprano and Corrado "Junior" Soprano, as well as Michele "Feech" La Manna. The Sopranos were a key faction in the DiMeo Crime Family, running two separate crews led by Johnny Boy and Junior, and also had longstanding ties with the five New York Families (particularly the Lupertazzi Crime Family led by Carmine Lupertazzi).

Unrest of 1983

During the early 1980's many DiMeo crime family members were arrested, causing the biggest blow to the family since its formation. Amongst those arrested were Michele 'Feech' La Manna, sentenced to 20 years.

It was during the Unrest of '83 that Salvatore "Big #####" Bonpensiero, a cat burglar and associate in the Johnny Boy Soprano crew, stood up for Johnny Boy Soprano. Bonpensiero, also a close friend of Johnny Boy's son, Tony Soprano, would make his bones and become a made man shortly thereafter.

Rise of Tony Soprano

Johnny Boy Soprano died of emphysema in 1986. Before his death, he requested that his son become the capo of the Soprano crew. Tony, one of the fastest rising stars in the Family after holding up Feech La Manna's card game with Aprile crew chief Giacomo "Jackie" Aprile, was a relatively young man to be a capo at the age of 27. Tony's transition into captain was aided by the loyalty of Bonpensierio, longtime Johnny Boy Soprano soldier Peter Paul "Paulie Walnuts" Gualtieri, and childhood friend Silvio Dante. Tony would also avoid a long stint in prison when he missed a failed hijacking involving his cousin, Tony Blundetto. Caught by the police, Tony B. ended up spending 17 years in jail, while Tony became one of the top earners in the DiMeo Family.

New acting boss

Dominic Ercoli "Eckley" DiMeo was convicted and sentenced to a life sentence in prison in 1997. Jackie Aprile was named Acting Boss of the family by DiMeo, to the chagrin of Junior Soprano. It was assumed that a Soprano would take over the reins when DiMeo died or went to prison, but DiMeo was impressed by Jackie Aprile's leadership abilities (the Aprile crew has been the top earner and best run crew of the family for years).

War of 1999

When Jackie Aprile was diagnosed with cancer in 1998, Tony Soprano, his closest friend and Junior's nephew, took over Jackie's responsibilities, again to Junior's displeasure. Uncle Junior and Tony were, at that point, at each other's throats because Junior plotted to have a rival, "Little #####" Malanga, killed in Malanga's favorite restaurant, Vesuvio's, a restaurant owned by Tony's childhood friend Artie Bucco. Tony foiled Junior's plans by ordering Silvio Dante to set Artie's restaurant on fire. Also, Tony's younger cousin, Christopher Moltisanti and his associate Brendan Filone were hijacking trucks from Comley Trucking, a business that paid protection to Junior. Junior's enforcer, Mikey Palmice, killed Brendan, and Russian associates performed a mock execution on Christopher under Junior's orders. When Jackie Aprile died in 1999, and tensions between Junior and Tony at an all-time high, it was assumed that the two would go to war over the top position. Tony instead deferred to Junior, giving him the title as Boss. This was effectively in name only, as Tony still controlled the capos in the family and was the main conduit to the Lupertazzi Family, represented by underboss Johnny "Sack" Sacramoni.

Tensions flared up between Junior and Tony after Tony's mother, Livia Soprano, revealed that Tony was seeing a psychiatrist and had been meeting secretly with Junior's capos. An assassination attempt on Tony was made, but Tony managed to escape with just an injury to the ear. After discovering that the failed attempt was a plan concocted by Junior, Tony ordered the deaths of key members of Junior's crew: soldier Chucky Signore, consigliere Mikey Palmice, and capo Philly Parisi. Junior Soprano was spared when he was indicted by the federal government (along with underboss Joey Sasso and capo Larry Boy Barese), and because Tony wished to keep him as the lightning rod that took the hits for the Family. Tony then took over virtually all of Junior's business and became the Boss of the now renamed Soprano Crime Family. Former Junior Soprano soldiers Gigi Cestone and Pasquale "Patsy" Parisi defected over to the Soprano crew. Tony named Silvio Dante as his consigliere, and promoted soldier Peter Paul "Paulie Walnuts" Gualtieri to captain of his old crew, renamed the Gualtieri crew.

The two Soprano men have since reconciled, and although Junior has been usurped of nearly all power and is under house arrest awaiting trial, he still retained the title of Boss and acted as a mentor and advisor to Tony. One of the factors that brought the two closer together was when Junior was diagnosed with stomach cancer in 2001. Junior managed to beat the disease before the RICO trial against him started.

FBI investigations

After years of investigating Tony Soprano (at one point trying to turn him into an informant) and failing to connect him to anything (the closest they came was pinning him to the murder of associate Matthew Bevilaqua, which was tossed out when an eyewitness retracted his statement after finding out one of the shooters may have been Tony Soprano), the FBI arrested Tony in 2000 when it was discovered that he had been extorting Davey Scatino. While busting out Scatino's sporting goods store, Tony had been receiving stolen airline tickets, which was discovered due to information given by turncoat Salvatore "Big #####" Bonpensiero and when Tony gave one of the stolen tickets to his mother, Livia. The case fell through when Big ##### "disappeared" and when Livia died of a stroke. The FBI continued to build a case against Tony, but fell on difficult times when a wiretapping of his basement was compromised and because of the deaths of several FBI informants.

In 2002, the RICO trial against Junior Soprano ended in a hung jury, but the government moved to schedule a re-trial, meaning Junior had to stay under house arrest. Due to his diminished position in the family because of the house arrest, longtime Junior Soprano loyalist Robert "Bobby Bacala" Baccalieri was named Deputy Capo of the Junior Soprano crew.

Periods of unrest

In the meantime, the Soprano Family continued to stay in a period of transition, with Richie Aprile, older brother of Jackie Aprile, taking over the previously defunct (due to the death of Jackie Sr.) Aprile crew after his release from prison in 2000. Richie became a threat to Tony's power, crippling associate Beansie Gaeta and disobeying Tony repeatedly when it came to selling cocaine on garbage routes. Richie also came to Junior about overthrowing Tony, but Junior decided that he would be better off with his nephew. Tony caught wind of Richie's plot and set the wheels in motion to whack him, but he was spared the trouble when Rich was murdered by his fiance, who coincidentally happened to be Tony's sister Janice Soprano.

When Gigi Cestone, a Soprano crew soldier sent to take over the Aprile crew, died of a heart attack, Tony had no choice but to install rival Ralph Cifaretto as captain. Tony had longtime problems with Ralph, despite the fact that the two grew up together with Jackie Aprile and Silvio Dante. Tony, in a fit of rage, once hit Ralph after he murdered a Bada Bing dancer named Tracee. Ralph also took under his wing, Jackie Aprile, Jr., even though Tony and Jackie Sr. both wanted to keep Jackie Jr. out of the family business. When Jackie Jr. held up one of Ralph's poker games and shot at made men Furio Giunta and Christopher Moltisanti in an attempt to emulate his father, Ralph had no choice but to order Jackie's death at the hands of Vito Spatafore.

Despite disagreements with Tony, Ralph became the top earner in the family, running lucrative construction deals such as the Esplanade Construction site and HUD scams in Newark. Ralph also co-owned a racehorse named Pie-O-My with Tony that died due to a stable fire. Convinced that Ralph killed the horse in order to pay for his disabled son's medical bills, Tony attacked and killed Ralph. He blamed the disappearance of Ralph on the New York family, particularly Johnny Sack, who had a problem with Ralph due to a joke that was made about his wife, Ginny. Vito Spatafore was named captain of the Aprile crew in 2002.

During that time, Tony Soprano began to groom his cousin/nephew, Christopher Moltisanti, into a leadership role. Christoper, already a young made man, was named Acting Capo of the Gualtieri crew when Paulie Walnuts was sent to prison on a gun charge (which was later dropped). Christopher was also named by Tony as his successor, but that was compromised when Chris was found out to have a serious heroin addiction and was sent to rehab. Christopher has since cleaned up and proved his loyalty to Tony by giving up his fiance, Adriana La Cerva, for execution when it was discovered that she had been cooperating for the FBI. As a reward for putting the Family above his own fiance, Chris was made captain of the Gualtieri crew when Paulie Walnuts was elevated to Underboss.

It was also during that period that the working relationship between the Lupertazzi Crime Family and the Sopranos reached a rocky point in 2002, when the two families joined together to control the Esplanade Construction Site in Newark, New Jersey. Disagreements over the split of the money of the Esplanade, plus the HUD projects that Tony was keeping secret from Lupertazzi and the displeasure of Johnny Sack with Ralph Cifaretto, nearly caused the two families to go to war. Both Johnny Sack and boss Carmine Lupertazzi blamed one another for the conflict, and reached out to Tony to whack the other as a means of ending the conflict. In both cases, cooler heads prevailed and the two families worked out a deal.

Class of 2004

The prison release of "The Class of 2004" (Phil Leotardo, Angelo Garepe, Michele "Feech" La Manna, and Tony Blundetto) along with the death of Carmine Lupertazzi set off another series of conflicts. "Little" Carmine Lupertazzi and Johnny Sack went to war over the position of Boss in New York, and Tony had to deal with the insubordination of Feech La Manna and his cousin, Tony Blundetto. One problem in his family was solved when Feech La Manna was sent back to prison after stolen flat-screen televisions were found in his garage by a probation officer called on the orders of Tony Soprano. The other problem was complicated when Tony B. killed Lupertazzi associate Joe Peeps on the orders of Lupertazzi Capo Rusty Millio and consigliere Angelo Garepe. When Angelo was killed in retaliation, Tony B. went after Phil Leotardo and killed his brother, Billy Leotardo, in an unsanctioned hit. Faced with threats of war and torture from Johnny Sack and Phil Leotardo plus unease in his own family, Tony was left with no choice but to kill Tony B. himself.

The relationship between New York and New Jersey families was further complicated when Johnny Sack was busted by the FBI and sent to prison to await trial, and Phil Leotardo, still nursing hard feelings about Blundetto, was named Acting Boss of the Lupertazzi Family.

Shooting of Tony Soprano

During his house arrest and trials/re-trials, Junior would develop signs of dementia due to a head injury suffered after being hit with a boom mic on his way home from the courthouse and several ministrokes over the years. Junior's increasingly diminished capacity led him to shoot Tony in the abdomen, mistakenly thinking that Tony was former nemesis "Little #####" Malanga.

The shooting of Tony Soprano set off a media frenzy, with reporters stalking the Soprano house and outside the hospital where Tony lay in a coma. Junior Soprano was arrested and questioned about the shooting, which he insisted must have been a self-inflicted gunshot by Tony, who he labeled as a "depression case". The captains of the Family agreed to cut all ties to Junior and allow Tony to decide what happens to him. Junior was judged to be mentally unstable and was sent to a mental rehabilitation facility.

With Tony incapacitated, his consigliere Silvio Dante took over as Acting Boss of the Soprano Crime Family. However, Silvio was unable to handle the pressure of being Boss, and suffered an asthma attack that put him in the hospital. Tony, after a near-death experience, would awake from his coma soon after, just in time to settle a dispute over the future of Barone Sanitation with Johnny Sack and Phil Leotardo.

Tension with New York

While in jail, Johnny Sack reached out to Tony through Leotardo to whack his insubordinate capo, Rusty Millio. Tony refused at first, but had a change of heart after talking to Johnny Sack at his daughter's wedding. Tony conducted the execution of Millio with caution, bringing in two men from Naples to carry out the hit on Rusty and his soldier, Eddie Pietro. Johnny Sack later plead guilty in his RICO trial to lessen his sentence making Phil Leotardo the boss in all but title.

More complications occurred in the organization when Vito Spatafore, the top earning captain of the Aprile crew and cousin-in-law to Phil Leotardo, fled New Jersey after his homosexuality was revealed. Carlo Gervasi was named by Tony as the replacement pointman for the Family's construction interests. After hiding in New Hampshire for months, Vito returned to New Jersey, approaching Tony about starting up a separate operation in Atlantic City involving prostitution. Tony considered the request, but ultimately decided that Vito needed to be taken out in order to placate Phil Leotardo, who was incensed about Vito's lifestyle. However, Phil got to Vito first, breaking into his hotel room and watched while soldiers Dominic "Fat Dom" Gamiello and Gerry Torciano beat his cousin-in-law to death. Tony, realizing that Phil was sending the message that New York can do whatever they want, decided to hurt Phil financially as payback for Vito. Tony reasoned that a war with New York would prevent his family from earning. However, when Fat Dom went to Satriales on a delivery stop and made jokes about Vito's death and implied Carlo was homosexual, Silvio and Carlo killed the New York soldier.

Tony's response to Vito's murder was to blow up a wire room held by Phil in Shepps Head Bay - Benny Fazio was on the scene for the explosion. After a sit-down between the New Jersey and New York Families, a truce was nearly reached before a reference from Little Carmine to the death of Billy Leotardo resulted in Phil Leotardo storming out. At a conference with Gerry Torciano, Albie Cianfiore, and Butch DeConcini, a decision was reached to take out a high ranking member of the Soprano crime family. Butch was particularly vocal in his desire to kill Tony, but Phil had more sense than that, and decided against it. Phil suffered a massive coronary soon afterwards and FBI Agent Harris informed Tony that someone on his crew could be in danger. In an attempt to clear the air between them, Tony paid a visit to Phil's hospital bed, telling him of his own near-death experience. It is unknown whether Tony has avoided a war entirely or merely delayed the inevitable.

Administration

* Anthony John "Tony" Soprano — Boss (2000–present)

* Silvio "Sil" Dante — Consigliere to Tony Soprano (2000–present)

* Peter Paul "Paulie Walnuts" Gualtieri — Underboss to Tony Soprano (2005–present)

Emeritus

*Domenico Ercoli "Eckley" DiMeo — Boss (unknown–'97, serving Life Sentence in Prison)

*Giacomo Michael "Jackie" Aprile, Sr. — Acting Boss (1997–1999, deceased)

*Corrado "Junior" Soprano — Boss (1999–2000, sent to a state mental hospital in 2006)

*Joseph "Beppy" Sasso — Underboss to DiMeo (unknown–1999, awaiting re-trial)

*Mikey "Grab Bag" Palmice — Consigliere to Junior Soprano (1999, deceased)

THE CREWS

Junior Soprano crew

*Robert "Bobby Bacala" Baccalieri — Acting Capo (2002–present)

*Thomas "Tommy" Di Palma — Soldier

*Murf Lupo — Soldier (unknown–2000, 2002–present, semi-retired)

*Beppy Scerbo — Soldier

Former members - Capos

*Mikey Palmice

*Murf Lupo (2000–2002, demoted to Soldier, semi-retired)

*Phillip "Philly Spoons" Parisi (1999–2000, deceased)

*Junior Soprano (unknown–1999) — (promoted to Acting Boss, semi-retired)

Soldiers/Associates

*Robert Bacalieri, Sr. — Soldier (unknown–2000, deceased)

*Gigi Cestone — Soldier (pre-1995–2000, defected to Gualtieri Crew, deceased)

*Mikey Palmice — Soldier (unknown –'99, promoted to Consigliere, deceased)

*Pasquale "Patsy" Parisi — Soldier (unknown–2000)

*Charles "Chucky" Signore — Soldier (unknown–1999, deceased)

*Salvatore "Mustang Sally" Intile — Associate (unknown–2000, deceased)

*Donnie Paduana — Associate (unknown–1999, deceased)

Territory and businesses

Junior Soprano's interests included loansharking, control of the Paving and Jointfitting Unions, protection money from Comley Trucking, and sports books in Roseville and Bloomfield Ave. He gave control over Bloomfield and the Paving Union to Tony upon becoming Boss, and surrendered all businesses, aside from shylocking and the Jointfitter's Union, as punishment for taking out a hit on Tony. What is left of the Junior Soprano crew is run by Bobby Bacala.

The crew's sports book in Roseville was run by Eugene Pontecorvo for several years until his death. With the death of Vito Spatafore, Bobby Bacala has resumed ownership of the sports book.

The Junior Soprano Crew conducted business at the Sit Tite Luncheonette until Junior's arrest in 1999, and they had an interest along with Richie Aprile in cocaine distribution. In 1999, the crew were also partnered working with Bareses in modern enterprises such as calling card and stock scams, but since the war and FBI indictments of the same year, control of the operations were assumed by Tony Soprano and the Gualtieri crew, along with most of Junior's business.

Moltisanti crew

Formerly known as the Soprano Crew and then the Gualtieri Crew

*Christopher "Chrissy" Moltisanti — Capo (2005–present,

previously Soldier 2000–2005, Associate pre-1995–2000)

*Burt Gervasi — Soldier (2006–present)

*Pasquale "Patsy" Parisi — Soldier (2000–present)

*Perry Annunziata — Associate (2006–present)

*Corky Caporale — Associate (2006–present)

*Frankie Cortese — Associate (2004–present)

*Peter "Bissel" De La Rosa — Associate (2002–present)

*Benito "Benny" Fazio — Associate (2000–present)

*Paul "Little Paulie" Germani — Associate (2000–present)

*Cary DiBartolo — Associate (2006–present)

*Corky Ianucci — Associate (1999–present)

*James "Murmur" Zancone — Associate (2006–present)

*Little Paulie Germani

Former members - Capos

*Giovanni "Johnny Boy" Soprano — (unknown–1986, deceased)

*Anthony John "Tony" Soprano — (1986–2000, promoted to Boss)

*Peter Paul "Paulie Walnuts" Gualtieri — (2000–2005, promoted to Underboss)

Soldiers/Associates

*Pat Blundetto — Soldier (retired)

*Salvatore Bonpensiero — Soldier (1983–2000, FBI informant, deceased)

*Gigi Cestone — Soldier (2000), promoted to Capo; Aprile Crew, deceased)

*Silvio Dante — Soldier (pre-1995–2000, promoted to Consigliere)

*Furio Giunta — Soldier (2000–2002, M.I.A.)

*Richard "Dickie" Moltisanti — Soldier (deceased)

*Fabian "Febby" Petrullio — Soldier (FBI informant, deceased)

*Matthew Bevilaqua — Associate (2000, deceased)

*Brendan Filone — Associate (1999, deceased)

*Sean Gismonte — Associate (2000, deceased)

*Alfie — Associate (2002)

Territory and businesses

The traditional and primary income of the crew stems from bookmaking, loansharking, and extortion, as well as truck hijacking; under the leadership of Tony Soprano, more diverse and modern criminal enterprises were pursued. These include an HMO scam with Hesh Rabkin, the "pump and dump" Webistics stock scam, buying calling cards on credit through front companies and selling them at discount, and selling stolen credit card numbers.

The Soprano Crew are the main proprietors of the Bada Bing strip club on Route 17 in Lodi, New Jersey. Silvio Dante officially owns and manages the club. Business has also been established through Satriale's, a meat market in the North Ward that was left to "Johnny Boy" Soprano when "Old Man" Satriale, a complusive gambler and debtor, committed suicide.

Tony also owned the building that housed Caputo's Poultry Store in the North Ward, before selling the property to Jamba Juice in 2006. In 1999 garbage was also considered "bread and butter" for the crew - up until its sale in 2006. Barone Sanitation acted as a front business and handled their garbage hauling routes, which included Triborough Towers. Tony Soprano was a longtime consultant of Barone Sanitation until Jason Barone sold the company after his father, **** Barone's death. Tony still receives a salary from the company and netted 12% of the sale price.

Tony and Silvio also run the Executive Card Game, a high-stakes poker game once run by Johnny and Junior Soprano. Christopher Moltisanti is the silent partner of the Crazy Horse nightclub, once run by his fiance Adriana La Cerva. Furio Giunta was a partner until he fled to Italy. The crew's relationship with the Vittorio/Zucca Camorra family in Naples allowed for the smuggling of stolen cars to Italy in return for money and free use of Neapolitan enforcers, notably Furio Giunta.

Bonpensiero also ran an auto body shop before his death, now operated by his widow Angie and brother Duke. After becoming a made man in 2001 Christopher was given a betting shop, managed by Warren Dupree, to run with a minimum $6,000/week kick up to Paulie. Had an interest in Massarone Construction until 2004 when it's owner, Jack Massarone, became a government informant.

The crew has run the Feast of St. Elzear (a 3 day festival with rides, vendors and a procession) for profit since Johnny Boy Soprano's day. Paulie Gualtieri took this part of the crew's business with him when he was promoted.

Aprile crew Known as the most profitable crew in the Soprano/DiMeo family.

*Dante Greco — Associate

*Jason Molinaro — Associate

*Bryan Spatafore — Associate

Former members - Capos

*Giacomo "Jackie" Aprile, Sr. (unknown–1995, then Acting Boss; deceased)

*Richie Aprile (unknown–1990, 2000, deceased)

*Gigi Cestone (2001, deceased)

*Ralph "Ralphie" Cifaretto (2001–2002, deceased)

*Vito Spatafore (2002–2006, deceased)

Soldiers/Associates

*Eugene Pontecorvo — Soldier (2000–2006, FBI Informant, deceased)

*Jackie Aprile, Jr. — Associate (2000–2001, deceased)

*Peter "Beansie" Gaeta — Associate (retired due to paralasys)

*"Donny K" — Associate (retired due to nerve damage)

*Carlo Renzi — Associate (deceased)

*Sunshine — Associate (deceased)

*Dino Zerilli — Associate (deceased)

Territory and businesses

Since at least the leadership of Jackie Aprile, Sr., the Apriles have had the biggest interests in construction, via illicit control of unions and projects in co-operation with the Lupertazzi Family; this became most lucrative under the leadership of Ralph Cifaretto, who supervised the New Jersey Front Esplanade construction project and the HUD scam, and his successor Vito Spatafore. This had made them the most consistently profitable crew of the whole family. However, since Vito's disappearance and subsequent death in 2006, the Gervasi crew has been granted control of all future construction interests.

Own and operate Spatafore Construction, Fernandez Paving, and Aprile Roofing. Significant income also came from various garbage routes throughout New Jersey, operated by Zanone Bros. Trucking. Richie Aprile at one point used them for cocaine distribution. The Aprile Crew also has business in some minor pizza joints around Jersey. Richie Aprile and Ralph Cifaretto both sponsored mid-level poker games. Eugene Pontecervo also ran a poker game; robbed by Jackie Jr in 2001. Until the death of Gene Pontecorvo in late 2005, the Aprile crew ran a sports book in Roseville. This has since been given to Bobby Bacala.

Barese crew - The Barese crew is known for its large crew of made men.

*Lawrence "Larry Boy" Barese — Capo (Unknown–present, under house arrest)

*Albert "Ally Boy" Barese — Soldier/Acting Capo (1999–present)

Former members

*"Rusty Irish" — Associate (drug dealer, deceased)

Territory and businesses

A percentage of Barese crew profits come from drug trafficking. The Barese Crew is also involved in waste management, and in 2000 they were involved in a brief conflict with the Aprile crew over territory that resulted in several fires. The Bareses were also involved in calling card and stock scams up until Larry Boy's arrest; these were later replicated by the Soprano/Gualtieri crew.

Gervasi crew - Formerly known as the Altieri Crew

*Carlo Gervasi — Capo (1999–present)

*Terry Doria — Associate

*Sammy Grigio — Associate

*Vincent "Vinny Pitts" Pitsaturo — Soldier

Former members - Capos

*Jimmy Altieri (1995–1999, FBI Informant, deceased)

Soldiers/Associates

*Anthony "Tony B." Blundetto — Associate (deceased)

Territory and businesses

The Gervasi crew runs all operations around the New Jersey ports, controlling overseas shipments and business. With the death of Aprile Crew Capo, Vito Spatafore in Season 6, Carlo Gervasi was given control of the Aprile's construction interests. The Gervasi crew owns the casino on Bloomfield Avenue, once run by associate Tony Blundetto until his death.

Curto crew - Currently unclear who took over the Curto crew.

*Raymond Curto — Capo (unknown–2006, FBI Informant, deceased)

La Manna crew- (Defunct)

*Michele "Feech" La Manna — Capo (unknown–1984, 2004, in prison)

*E. Gary La Manna — Associate

*Jimmy La Manna — Associate

Territory and businesses

Feech La Manna once ran a high stakes card game, which was famously held up by Jackie Aprile and Tony Soprano. Legitimate interests included a La Manna Landscaping — a gardening company run by his nephew Gary — and the La Manna bakery, run by Feech himself.

===============

Unofficial associates

*Vin Makazian — Detective on Tony Soprano's payroll (deceased)

*Harold Melvoin — Junior Soprano's lawyer

*Neil Mink — Tony Soprano's lawyer

*Herman "Hesh" Rabkin — advisor to Tony Soprano

*Georgie — bartender at the Bada Bing (retired)

*Ronald Zellman — Newark Assemblyman and later Senator

Front operators

***** Barone — handled Soprano crew sanitation business (deceased)

*Angie Bonpensiero — front operator of the Big #####'s Auto Body shop

*Duke Bonpensiero — front operator of the Big #####'s Auto Body shop

*Adriana La Cerva — front operator, Crazy Horse club (FBI Informant, deceased)

*Jack Massarone — owner of Massarone Construction (FBI Informant, deceased)

*Hillel Teittleman — co-owner of the Flyaway Motel run by the Gualtieri crew

*Shlomo Teittleman — co-owner of the Flyaway Motel run by the Gualtieri crew

*Maurice Tiffen — front operator of the Housing and Urban Development scam

RN, you are the ambassador for HBO. I didn't need any pep-talk to get excited about the show. But you have layed out all the goodies any Soprano contaseur could ask for.

It is a sad reality that it has to end. It is even more unfortunate that it has already run its course. Not that it hasn't been very good, but it was only meant for to be great for three or four seasons(See Rome). Instead it has been great for two or three and above average for the rest IMO. There could have been alot more overlapping of storylines between characters that were shortlived. I still can't help but think that Ralphie and Tony B. could have been an amazing contrast to have as a backdrop. There are endless possiblities.

I am also upset with Junior role being lessened dramatically the last two seasons. He has always been my favorite character on the show. He held it together for me in S3 and S4. He will have almost no involvement in the final episodes. Certainly not on the level he deserves. David Chase, "Go #### in your hat."

Otherwise looking forward to getting the closure that we all so desperately desire. And RN so desperately needs. :pokey:

Can I read this thread if I'm not looking for any spoilers but rather just discussion? Looking forward to tonight and also next week when I can start back up my "Sauce Sundays" and have the neighbors over. Easter is delaying that a week.

Wingnut said:
Havent read thru the whole thread, but who are the new guest stars for the upcoming season?
Tyne Daly, Tim Conway, Charo, Cloris Leachman, DJ Qualls, Ralph Macchio, and Bob Hoskins.

I am also upset with Junior role being lessened dramatically the last two seasons. He has always been my favorite character on the show. He held it together for me in S3 and S4. He will have almost no involvement in the final episodes. Certainly not on the level he deserves. David Chase, "Go #### in your hat."
:bag: Junior is almost an afterthought now. His character deserved better than this.

I will follow this thread. I have signed up for HBO every time Sopranos start but not this time. I am not falling for it again. I will wait for the DVDs. It is a real shame to see this show turn to ####. Last year I felt like they owed me money.

Bobby has his shirt ripped (chest hairs also?) and drops the gun even though it didn't appear that he was wearing gloves...

Any way he does NOT get arrested?

Too slow for me, but I don't expect good shows anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread