What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

☞ Official SOPRANOS Thread (6 Viewers)

The title of this episode "Kennedy and Heidi" - explain? Chrissy's wife Kelly looked and acted like Jackie Kennedy, OK but why is that important? And where does Heidi come in? Was that the name of the chick in Vegas? :shrug:
those were the two girls in the car Chris hit.
He hit them? :shrug:
sorry, swerved off the road to avoid, whatever.
I wasn't asking sarcastically. Thought I might have missed it.

Lousy episode. A tragedy that Chris's downfall came to this, and even sadder than some of you will try to justify this as a good episode.
I enjoyed it. You didn't. :ptts:
You're more easily impressed than I am. And I'm fine with that.
You're a bitter jag, who thinks the show owes you something. I'm fine with that too.
Right. I like to watch TV because these people "owe me" something. :lmao: Sharp observation, as usual. :shrug:
Your constant whining sure adds a lot. :shrug: Thanks!
You bet. :bowtie: Tell me again how great this episode was? Unjustified praise adds just as much as my whining does. Of course, I'm sure I just don't "get it," if I dare say anything negative about this series, right?

Not judging anyone but why don't some of you guys Tivo the daytime soaps? It's the non-stop action you're craving. Hot chicks,

couples cheating on each other, murders, crime, people coming back from the dead like 10 years later, the tomfoolery just goes on and on and on. Seems like it's be right up your alley and as an added bonus you get an episode every weekday. I'm serious. Would take a few weeks to figure out all the characters/situations, but once you do you'd probably love it. :shrug:

The title of this episode "Kennedy and Heidi" - explain? Chrissy's wife Kelly looked and acted like Jackie Kennedy, OK but why is that important? And where does Heidi come in? Was that the name of the chick in Vegas? :shrug:
those were the two girls in the car Chris hit.
He hit them? :shrug:
sorry, swerved off the road to avoid, whatever.
I wasn't asking sarcastically. Thought I might have missed it.
Oh, sorry. I think he swerved to be honest.

Lousy episode. A tragedy that Chris's downfall came to this, and even sadder than some of you will try to justify this as a good episode.
You're a bitter jag, who thinks the show owes you something. I'm fine with that too.
Right. I like to watch TV because these people "owe me" something. :lmao: Sharp observation, as usual. :shrug:
You bet. :bowtie: Tell me again how great this episode was? Unjustified praise adds just as much as my whining does. Of course, I'm sure I just don't "get it," if I dare say anything negative about this series, right?
I don't have to tell you. I liked it. You didn't. End of conversation.

Not judging anyone but why don't some of you guys Tivo the daytime soaps? It's the non-stop action you're craving. Hot chicks, couples cheating on each other, murders, crime, people coming back from the dead like 10 years later, the tomfoolery just goes on and on and on. Seems like it's be right up your alley and as an added bonus you get an episode every weekday. I'm serious. Would take a few weeks to figure out all the characters/situations, but once you do you'd probably love it. :shrug:
:shrug: the action is the juice

Not judging anyone but why don't some of you guys Tivo the daytime soaps? It's the non-stop action you're craving. Hot chicks, couples cheating on each other, murders, crime, people coming back from the dead like 10 years later, the tomfoolery just goes on and on and on. Seems like it's be right up your alley and as an added bonus you get an episode every weekday. I'm serious. Would take a few weeks to figure out all the characters/situations, but once you do you'd probably love it. :shrug:
Dream sequences and coma fantasies, too.

Look, this series has just gone way downhill in terms of plot, character development, writing, and so on and so forth. To blindly praise the series just becaue it's "The Sopranos," in my eyes, is a little ridiculous and juvenile. This show used to be far better than it is now. If you disagree, fine. Enjoy the last few episodes. The rest of us will stick with our DVDs of the first few seasons.

If you're not :shrug: here... I like the possible connection or tie, but it's just not the same. The bad writing, the predictable acting, the corny plotlines...it just doesn't hold a candle to something like The Sopranos or the like.

Thanks for setting me straight, and adding more to the thread than I could ever dream of.

Look, this series has just gone way downhill in terms of plot, character development, writing, and so on and so forth. To blindly praise the series just becaue it's "The Sopranos," in my eyes, is a little ridiculous and juvenile. This show used to be far better than it is now. If you disagree, fine. Enjoy the last few episodes. The rest of us will stick with our DVDs of the first few seasons.
ok

If you're not :shrug: here... I like the possible connection or tie, but it's just not the same. The bad writing, the predictable acting, the corny plotlines...it just doesn't hold a candle to something like The Sopranos or the like.
Not fishing. I think it'd appeal to certain guys here. Obviously it appeals to some, people get hooked on those shows, bad writing and all.

Thanks for setting me straight, and adding more to the thread than I could ever dream of.
ok

The show has gone through several changes and transformations regarding it's content, how its presented, interpreted, etc. We see similarities with music groups that have withstood the test of time. Bands like Metallica or Rush aren't anything like they used to be, but we still enjoy them, maybe moreso than before? I see the same with this show.

Last edited by a moderator:
The show has gone through several changes and transformations regarding how it's content, how its presented, interpreted, etc. We see similarities with music groups that have withstood the test of time. Bands like Metallica or Rush aren't anything like they used to be, but we still enjoy them, maybe moreso than before? I see the same with this show.
Possibly, I suppose, but there are still those of us who think bands like Metallica or Rush are but a shadow of their former selves. For those who are still impressed, I sincerely envy you.

Look, this series has just gone way downhill in terms of plot, character development, writing, ...
:shrug: If you'd said action, I'd concede that, but I just can't agree with this, especially the last two. And don't forget the acting which I think is just as good or better than ever. But to each their own. Seriously. Hopefully, we'll all get what we want in the last 3 episodes.

Look, this series has just gone way downhill in terms of plot, character development, writing, ...
:lmao: If you'd said action, I'd concede that, but I just can't agree with this, especially the last two. And don't forget the acting which I think is just as good or better than ever. But to each their own. Seriously. Hopefully, we'll all get what we want in the last 3 episodes.
Agreed. :shrug: :clap:

RN - you're our resident Sopranos expert. I'm sure you've probably been asked this, but how would you like to see the show end? By the way, are you prepared for the withdrawal you're going to receive as life AS (After Sopranos) begins? :shrug:

:shrug: If you'd said action, I'd concede that, but I just can't agree with this, especially the last two. And don't forget the acting which I think is just as good or better than ever. But to each their own. Seriously. Hopefully, we'll all get what we want in the last 3 episodes.
The acting is fine. I thought Robert Iler did his best job this week. But after eight years of being a zero, and three episodes left, I don't have a great amount of emotional equity with AJ.

RN - you're our resident Sopranos expert. I'm sure you've probably been asked this, but how would you like to see the show end? By the way, are you prepared for the withdrawal you're going to receive as life AS (After Sopranos) begins? :shrug:
To the first question, I haven't really thought about how I'd like it to end.I just know I don't want to see Tony dead.

As for the withdrawal.... it will live on forever on DVD. :clap:

The acting is fine. I thought Robert Iler did his best job this week. But after eight years of being a zero, and three episodes left, I don't have a great amount of emotional equity with AJ.
I agree. I thought this was as good as he's been on the show. But I simply don't care much for A.J. so his storyline only keeps me away from the ones I am interested in at this point.

The show has gone through several changes and transformations regarding how it's content, how its presented, interpreted, etc. We see similarities with music groups that have withstood the test of time. Bands like Metallica or Rush aren't anything like they used to be, but we still enjoy them, maybe moreso than before? I see the same with this show.
Possibly, I suppose, but there are still those of us who think bands like Metallica or Rush are but a shadow of their former selves. For those who are still impressed, I sincerely envy you.
boy, you really want to make this thread about you dontcha.we get it, you didn't like it. run along to the "kings of queens" thread now and discuss all the deep developments going on there.point is, the 2nd-3rd most major character died tonight, and with all the other stuff going on, that's far more interesting to me and most of us than your feelings on how the show has transpired since season 2.

I see a drunken or drugged out Christopher getting in a car (or SUV) accident - and dying.
Like a house of cards the Sopranos will crumble.Tonight's episode sucked btw.
Interestingly enough, the exact description of Christopher's death (accident with Tony choking him as he gurgles on his own blood) was in a spoiler posted at Chase Lounge a couple of weeks ago. And the guy also got the episode two weeks ago pretty accurate (AJ getting dumped, Vito's widow asking for help, etc.). But he was also wrong about how Paulie's mom/aunt dies, and he had the Tony/Chris crash and death happening in the final episode.

I see a drunken or drugged out Christopher getting in a car (or SUV) accident - and dying.
Like a house of cards the Sopranos will crumble.Tonight's episode sucked btw.
Interestingly enough, the exact description of Christopher's death (accident with Tony choking him as he gurgles on his own blood) was in a spoiler posted at Chase Lounge a couple of weeks ago. And the guy also got the episode two weeks ago pretty accurate (AJ getting dumped, Vito's widow asking for help, etc.). But he was also wrong about how Paulie's mom/aunt dies, and he had the Tony/Chris crash and death happening in the final episode.

Perhaps that was part of the original plan but Chase decided to move it up to an earlier episode.

It was a great juxtaposition of lyrics and visual when the line from "Comfortably Numb" ...

"The child has grown, the dream is gone"

Was playing and Tony was looking at Christopher. That was very well done.

AJ crying to his shrink about why can't we all get along - what do you make of that? Is he thinking he needs to step in on his friends and not let them do the things they do - that he needs to take a stand (just like his father) or is it something else? If so, what?
Bipolar?
Really? I don't see that. He's going to class, he's listening in class - he's making a life change here, IMO. I just don't know how to interpret what was said in the session with his shrink. I'm open to all thoughts.
No, you.
Just kidding. :useless: Seemed like he was acting pretty wacky in that 2nd therapy session. Maybe the beat down of the guy on the bike got his chemistry all out of whack.
He has no interest/no heart in being a mobster. Showed him going back to class and looking into it. The sad thing is, that's what Tony wanted for Meadow and he got it, and now there's a slight chance that AJ could have it as well, but it'll end up failing.

Tony was singing "Comfortably Numb" last week and it played again tonight.
I thought it was interesting that Tony almost fell back into a love-love place with Christopher about 2 minutes before the crash..
For real???To me, he was looking at him thinking: "What a doochebag.""I don't even know this kid anymore.""How long till he flips?""I wonder if he's baked right now."

boy, you really want to make this thread about you dontcha.we get it, you didn't like it. run along to the "kings of queens" thread now and discuss all the deep developments going on there.point is, the 2nd-3rd most major character died tonight, and with all the other stuff going on, that's far more interesting to me and most of us than your feelings on how the show has transpired since season 2.
I really don't understand the reasoning behind your semi-veiled personal attacks. I agree that Chris was one of the most important characters on the show. That much is obvious. What I am disappointed with is the (what I perceive to be) cheap way in which he died. You apparently loved this week's show - and good for you. I'm glad you were satisfied with it. Maybe it provided closure for you. But I didn't happen to like it. And why you seem to take my opinion personally, I don't know. Sorry if I've offended you by not giving this episode (and the past season or two) the high praise you have. I just don't think it has lived up to the high expectations it set for itself in the first few seasons. Maybe it's unfair that I hold it to that level - I don't know. I'm just happy that you love the show. No need to get upset with me just because you like the show more than I do.

Tony was singing "Comfortably Numb" last week and it played again tonight.
I thought it was interesting that Tony almost fell back into a love-love place with Christopher about 2 minutes before the crash..
For real???To me, he was looking at him thinking: "What a doochebag.""I don't even know this kid anymore.""How long till he flips?""I wonder if he's baked right now."
I was just about to post the same thing.

I really don't understand the reasoning behind your semi-veiled personal attacks. I agree that Chris was one of the most important characters on the show. That much is obvious. What I am disappointed with is the (what I perceive to be) cheap way in which he died. You apparently loved this week's show - and good for you. I'm glad you were satisfied with it. Maybe it provided closure for you. But I didn't happen to like it. And why you seem to take my opinion personally, I don't know. Sorry if I've offended you by not giving this episode (and the past season or two) the high praise you have. I just don't think it has lived up to the high expectations it set for itself in the first few seasons. Maybe it's unfair that I hold it to that level - I don't know. I'm just happy that you love the show. No need to get upset with me just because you like the show more than I do.
the point is, a major development happened, and all you care to talk about is how much you hate the show. you've done it before, guess it strikes a nerve. was I totally happy about how chris died? not completely I guess, but I don't make the rules, and I thought the way they tied tony's complete disregard for it into the story was really well done. he's a monster, and chase is hammering that into our skulls now.I thought the whole series was amped up towards Chris killing T at the end, so yea, I was a little taken back by the way it went down, but the way they handled it was excellent, imo.edit: like chase has said countless times, everything is not cinematic. some people die in things as mundane as car accidents. not everything is a shootout. :useless:

edit: like chase has said countless times, everything is not cinematic. some people die in things as mundane as car accidents. not everything is a shootout. :goodposting:
After Chris's rant last week about possibly flipping, I couldn't help but remember Ray Curto dying of a heart attack. It doesn't always take outright murder to wrap up loose ends and possible downfall.

the point is, a major development happened, and all you care to talk about is how much you hate the show. you've done it before, guess it strikes a nerve. was I totally happy about how chris died? not completely I guess, but I don't make the rules, and I thought the way they tied tony's complete disregard for it into the story was really well done. he's a monster, and chase is hammering that into our skulls now.I thought the whole series was amped up towards Chris killing T at the end, so yea, I was a little taken back by the way it went down, but the way they handled it was excellent, imo.edit: like chase has said countless times, everything is not cinematic. some people die in things as mundane as car accidents. not everything is a shootout. :goodposting:
I agree. I'm fine with Chris dying the way he did. The point I failed to impress earlier is that, this close to the end, his death makes all the small plot lines irrelevant to me. By 'major action', I mean events as global in the Sopranos universe, not shootouts.

the point is, a major development happened, and all you care to talk about is how much you hate the show. you've done it before, guess it strikes a nerve. was I totally happy about how chris died? not completely I guess, but I don't make the rules, and I thought the way they tied tony's complete disregard for it into the story was really well done. he's a monster, and chase is hammering that into our skulls now.I thought the whole series was amped up towards Chris killing T at the end, so yea, I was a little taken back by the way it went down, but the way they handled it was excellent, imo.edit: like chase has said countless times, everything is not cinematic. some people die in things as mundane as car accidents. not everything is a shootout. :goodposting:
I agree. I'm fine with Chris dying the way he did. The point I failed to impress earlier is that, this close to the end, his death makes all the small plot lines irrelevant to me. By 'major action', I mean events as global in the Sopranos universe, not shootouts.
I can see that. Sort of does make you wonder what the big thing will be next. I imagine something with Carm.

Users who are viewing this thread